Two

200% – [Two Hundred Percent]

two

 

 

It’s about 6PM when we finished unpacking our things and arranging them in our room. Chanyeol, who was leaning against his desk, glanced at me and smiled. He was wearing a grey long-sleeved shirt, olive green jeans, and grey socks. His typical look. “Who’ll be sleeping at the bottom bunk?” he asked.

“Me,” I said, determined.

“Woah. That’s a surprise. I actually wanted the bottom bunk,” he confessed.

“Uh, no, Chanyeol,” I said.

“But you get waken up easily. It’s as if you weren’t sleeping the whole night. I might disturb you,” he persuaded me.

“I always wake up earlier than you. I can assure you that, sleepyhead. I might be the one disturbing you if you get the bottom bunk,” I replied, rolling my eyes.

“When we have visitors, they have no place to sit but the bottom bunk,” he said. And that hit me really hard. To be honest, I don’t really like interacting with people, most especially strangers or Chanyeol’s friends who I don’t know of. I remembered that we’re already in college, and we’ll (or he’ll) meet new friends. More friends equates to more people visiting the room.

“Damn,” I sighed. “Fine. Take the bottom bunk.”

He repeatedly jerked his arm in the air while hissing a “yes.”

“But,” I added. “Never shout at me if I wake you up.”

“Yes, Mr. Do,” he said, mocking me. He walked towards the wooden bunk bed and jumped into his bed. It’s a bad thing that the bed bunk was quite tall and big. He could’ve bumped his head, and I could’ve laughed hard. “Ahhh,” he said as he lied on his bed.

I climbed up to the top bunk and lied down. I never felt this great comfort for the whole day. I stretched my arms and legs, and it felt so relaxing. The dark blue bed cover, combined with a dark blue blanket and star-patterned pillows made me want to sleep. Little by little, I was about to dive into my dreams, until Chanyeol started calling my name.

“Kyungsoo,” he said. I was not in the mood to reply. “Do Kyungsoo,” he said. Nope. I wanted to sleep. “D.O.,” he said. I have a love-hate relationship with that nickname. No way. “Kyungsoo,” he said, louder and prolonging the last syllable until I replied.

“Shut up,” I said with my eyes closed. “I’m sleeping.”

I heard him get out of his bed and he threw a stuffed toy at me. “Let’s talk for a while,” he said.

I paused and opened my eyes. I saw his favorite Pororo stuffed toy beside me. Fine, I thought. “What?”

“I…” he said. His voice sounded different and happy. “I think I’m going to have my first girlfriend.”

My strong desire to fall into slumber disappeared in an instant. I got up and sat. “What?” I exclaimed. “W-W-How? When? Who?”

He grinned and picked his smartphone from his pocket. While browsing his phone, he said, “I tried Chat Roulette one time when I was in the US, and I encountered this wonderful and sweet girl.” He then showed the photo of the girl–Korean, short haired, and cute, perhaps. “Her name’s Choi Sulli, and guess what?”

“What?” I said. My “what” came out uninterested, rather than being excited for my best friend. “What?” I repeated, this time with a smile.

“She studies at Seoul College of the Arts,” he said with extreme eagerness. He couldn’t contain his excitement, and I have never seen him this excited since he knew that he got admitted at Seoul College of the Arts—the college we’re attending now, the college where this dormitory is located.

“Wow,” I said. “Well, how are things going between you two?”

“We’re fine, I think,” he said. “In fact, we’ll be meeting tomorrow for lunch.”

“Really?” I asked. I kept thinking why I wasn’t happy for him. I felt blank, and I felt bad for myself. How was I his best friend? “That’s cool,” I masked myself with a smile.

“And you’re joining us,” he commanded.

“Me? No, thanks,” I snobbed. I lied down and closed my eyes. “I feel sleepy, Chanyeol,” I said, even if I weren’t. I kept asking myself why I did that.

I felt his hand on my arm, and he kept nudging me. “Please, Kyungsoo? She will bring her friend, too. It could turn out to be a double date, who knows? You’re going to have fun, and I’ll make sure that you won’t feel you’re left out.”

If there was one thing that Chanyeol’s good at (besides rapping, playing his guitar, and creating weird artworks), it would be persuading people, or at least persuading me. He always chooses the right words to say and weave them to create an incredible thought. He never failed persuading me (case in point: what had happened earlier with the bunk bed and the album).

I thought of it, while I still felt his big, warm, and soft hand nudging me. And even though it’s obvious I would say yes, I thought of it. I opened my eyes, rotated my head to the side, and I saw his weird-looking puppy face (he rarely does that).

“Fine,” I sighed.

“Yes!” he exclaimed. “I promise you that you will have the best day of your life.” He wouldn’t, I thought.

 

 

Chanyeol and I have been lost around the campus for nearly thirty minutes.

“Where the hell is that place?” he asked, irritated. He was wearing a navy blue polo, paired with a chino and a pair of suede. He looked stylish compared to my shirt and blue chino shorts combination. The perfume he had, which reminded me of the calm oceans, started wearing off because of his sweat. “We’ve been looking around the whole campus, and we haven’t found this frickin’ ‘Haengbok Restaurant’.”

I looked at the side, and it turned out that we’re already in the right place. “You mean that?” I asked as I pointed the small restaurant beside me. He looked at me and he saw the restaurant.

“God,” he said, his eyebrows furrowed.

“Chill,” I said as I smiled. He started fixing his hair and smelling his polo.

“Do I look good?” he asked.

“You do, and we’re late. Let’s go,” I said. I grabbed his wrist and we entered the restaurant.

He pulled me to stop and he looked at me with surprised eyes. “Oh ,” he whispered. “Don’t get mad at me.”

“Why?” I asked. I tried to turn my head, but he held my face with his two hands.

“She’s there. I’m fine. I’m sorry,” he said hurriedly. “I thought… I thought…”

“Why?” I asked again. I removed his hands from my face, and I looked back. The girl, Choi Sulli, was there sitting. She noticed us, and she started waving at us.

All I could mutter was “damn.” She was so beautiful with her short, red-dyed hair and her simple blue dress. She looked like someone who could be a member of a girl group–minus the surgery, because she looked natural.

All I could mutter was “damn.” I directed my focus towards her friend. It wasn’t a girl, like what Chanyeol and I had thought. Her friend was a “he,” and he was looking at us with his big eyes and fake smile.

All I could mutter was “damn.” Despite the fakeness he was showing, he was unmistakably handsome. He looked fit, his clean-cut hair fitted his face, and heck even his fake smile looked real and attractive.

All I could mutter was “damn.” My heart throbbed. Not for Sulli. Not for Chanyeol. I couldn’t explain why.

All I could mutter was “damn.”

“I’m so sorry,” Chanyeol whispered near my ear.

you,” I said. For everything.

 


 

from: maxstepp

Hi! First of all, thank you for subscribing to my story and continuing to read this chapter. I really appreciate that!

As you've read, Kyungsoo was still unsure and confused about what he felt, and soon enough, he'll have answers to his questions. And hooray, Sulli (and Minho, though still unnamed) already appeared for the first time! ^_^ What will happen on their "double date"? Haha.

Keep on subscribing and I want to hear what you thought of the chapter by commenting below! I want to gauge on how you liked or disliked the chapter! :-)

I'll update as soon as I can. For now, let's enjoy watching and listening to EXO's "Overdose" (+ the epic mini-album)! :-D