Neomu Apa. Apa, apa.

It Hurts

You wear the shoes I gave you and walk along the streets with her
As if it were nothing, you kiss her
You spray the cologne I gave you and embrace her
You'll probably repeat those promises you made to me with her


I sat at the lunch table, by head down. It's been a week since he broke up with me for that other girl. A week since my heart had been ripped out of my chest. I wanted to cry, but I had already cried out my tears a week ago. I got up from the table and walked outside. Walking down the path, I heard his voice. I turned to see him walk up to me with that girl by his side.

 

It seems that we're already too late
Has our love already ended
Please at least say anything to me
We truly loved each other, can't turn back?

"Are you coming to get your things from my house? Or do I have to sell them?" His creul words stung me.

"Y-yeah. I'll get them tomorrow. I promise." He scoffed.

"Good. I don't want to see them anymore." He walked away from me, the girl quickly bowing to me before following him."


I'm the only one hurting tonight?
Have you changed?
Am I no longer in your heart now?
When I, I think about you
It hurts, hurts, hurts so much



That night, I laid in bed looking at pictures of when we were together. I felt tears slip from my eyes. I guess I wasn't done crying. We had been together for two years. We were in love for two years. Why did he suddenly want someone else?

Getting off my bed, I decided that I would walk to his house and ask him myself.

When I arrived, he was sitting on his porch, looking at the stars. Just like we used to do together. It took him a little while to notice me. When he did he stood.

"What are you doing here? I thought you said you'd come tomorrow."

"I had to ask you something. It couldn't wait." He climbed down his porch steps and walked in front of me.

"Shoot." He said.

"Why did you suddenly want someone different?" He let out a sigh.

"Come on, really. That's what you came here for?" He spoke harshly. I felt more tears start to form at my eyes.

"Answer me truthfully. Then I'll get my stuff and be out of your life forever." My voice quivered as I said that. He took a deep breath.

"It wasn't working for me. A girl like you...isn't my type. You're too quiet and clingy." He looked at me, fully noticing my tears. "I'll go get your things."


You look at my tears as if it were nothing
You continue to talk calmly again
You told me cruely that you couldn't deny
That you had absolutely no attachments or regrets
Are we already too late? Is our love over?
Even if it's a lie, please tell me it isn't so
I can do better now, though we can't meet again

I watched him as he walked inside. How can we date for two years, then decide I'm not his type? I wanted to ask him, but I made a promise, and unlike most people, I keep my promises. He came back out with a box of things.

"I'm keeping the cologne you gave me." He said flatly before walking back inside without a goodbye. I took one last look at his house before walking away from it one last time.



I'm the only one in pain tonight
Have you changed?
Am I no longer in your heart now?
When I, I think about you
It hurts, hurts, hurts so much


 
Instead of going home, I walked to the park and sat at a bench. We shared so many memories at this park. This park was also the place he broke up with me. He told me he had found someone else. I shook my head in attempts to get the images out of my head. Opening the box I saw all the things he shoved in there.

The stuffed bear I gave him our first valentines day, The other half of the couple shirts we got, A few pictures, and his promise ring. Underneath the promise ring was a note from him:

"I know I got us the promise rings, but, you keep it. I don't want any memories of you in my room."

It was then I realized, he hated me. I had no idea why though, and it hurt.


You're no longer your old self
Because the you I loved
And the you now are so different
Are you that shocked?
I just stood and cried
Watching you become further away
No way, I can't recognize
You're not mine anymore

Somehow he had changed from this cute,innocent,sweet boy into this mean one. It hurt me so much to think about it.


 
Did you have to change?
Can't you come back?
Did you really have to change?
Can't you come back?

 

I found myself say something about it, "Did you have to change?Can't you come back?Why did you have to change?Can't you keep loving me?" I put the box on the ground and pulled my knees to my chest, and cried out the rest of my tears. I promised myself that it would be the last time I cried over him.



Oh, is this the end?
Am I no longer in your heart now?
When I, I think about you
It hurts, hurts, hurts so much

 

The next day at school, I saw them together. I felt a pull at my heart. I let out a light sigh, but it was loud enough for Heechul to hear. He turned to me, then looked in the direction I was looking.

"He's not the same Leeteuk you once knew. Just let it be. You'll be fine. I'm here for you. I wont let him hurt you anymore." I felt his arm go around my shoulders. I doubt Heechul could stop him from hurting me. Because everytime I see him, it brings back pain.


It hurts, it hurts
It hurts, it hurts