15 minutes to fall in love

One-shot of all genres

You can realize the importance of time for every critical incidence or event in your lives. You will never realize the importance of an hour once, you’re in an exam answering the hardest problems which happened to cover more than 50% of the test, same as you will never realize the importance of a minute once you’re battling with your wrist watch just to be on time in your first job interview and you will never realize that a second is important once you’re catching the last railway transit and its door closes in front of you by the time you arrived.

7 minutes is critical in 7 minutes to heaven, 5 minutes is critical for a 5 minute production to showcase your talent, 1 minute is critical for a minute to win it contestant but for me my critical moment lies in just a span of 15 minutes because, I only have 15 minutes to be with someone who doesn’t even know my existence until then and tell him everything that I wanted…

7:45pm Rehearsal

8:30pm BREAK!! BREAK!! 

9:00pm Script reading

“Oh-Em-Gee! We only got 30 minutes to put our plans into action!” I nervously informed my sis as we sat together on our bed late midnight.

Well, we normally sleep late since, we got the bad news. I’ll be leaving planet Earth soon but not soon enough. I’ll still be here for the next 5 months but I think my condition will start to deteriorate someday but anyway, the important is… I still got that to continue with our plan.

“Wow, I think that’s already enough, sis. I could bring both of you there twice as fast as ordinary drivers can. An F1 driver over here!” My sister proudly said and continued to do her “non-technical” research.

“F1 driver? In your dreams! But I believe that dreams do come true… maybe, I won’t be here by the time that happens.”

Fangirling is totally my sister and I’s bonding moment despite our huge age cap. I’m 6 years older than her actually but my mental age is just like her during our fangirling and spazzing moments.

“W—will you stop being sentimental? It doesn’t suit you… Just hold on, sis. Tomorrow you’ll meet the man of your dreams during his break,” she told me and seemed that she’s trying to hold back her tears.

“Based on my calculations, 15 minutes is the maximum time that I can be him and tell him everything and –“ I turned my gaze to my album collection…

The next night…

My sister and I waited outside his entertainment’s building particularly, to the nearest café where he usually spends his 30-minute break. Honestly, it’s not in our “nature” or hobby to stalk celebrities. No one is to be blamed but my sister because, she’s the one who insisted to push through with this plan which was inspired by this One-shot that we read when everything was still well.

“Time check 8:29pm. Time based on YMP Building,” My sister excitedly informed me as I gave my hot Americano a sip.

“Arrghhh… will you stop giving me the time. It makes me more nervous, honestly,” I replied and gave my Americano another sip… probably, the last sip.

“Shocks, shocks, shocks! I’m sure it’s him! He’s coming… He’s coming HERE!” My sister shouted and immediately stood up. “Stay right here,” she added and pulled her mint green coat off the back of her seat.

I really don’t know what she’s going to do or tell him, to convince him to spend his 30-minute break to someone he doesn’t personally know.  I waited inside the café and watched my sister do her thing.

From where I am, I could see his face covered by a black face mask that stretched from his defined nose down to his chin. My sister doing some hand gestures while talking to him outside. I didn’t even know if his responding due to the face mask but based on his eyes, I could tell that my sister’s move or persuasion didn’t sell. She turned her back and pointed at me in which at that time I was the only person sitting in that spot of the café.

He gave me a quick glance and pulled down his face mask. I saw the movement of his lips, a motion of affirmation…

8:38pm

Silence conquered the car. I was in the front passenger seat while he was sitting alone at the back without uttering a single word. I wanted to break the silence but the butterflies prevented me to do so. My sister on the other hand, can’t also talk because she easily gets distracted. Plus, the clock is ticking; we only got three minutes to be there. With shaking fingers, I just tidy my things to relieve my nerves.

8:41pm

Thank, God. We arrived in one piece. I turned my gaze to my sister and she me gave an assuring smile, a smile of good luck and I-am-happy-for-you. After she shuts down the car’s engine, he immediately opened the door.  I was grabbing my bag when suddenly my door opened.

He gave me his hand, his hand that has a scar near his thumb. I gave my sister a last look. She whispered me a sweet good luck and gripped my shoulder.

I carried my huge black back pack on one of my shoulder but suddenly a warm hand gently slipped it off my shoulder. I was breathless and not a single word popped from my mind. I involuntarily looked at him; he’s almost a foot taller than me. He’s still wearing his black face mask and remained silent until we reached the biggest cherry blossom tree, my most favorite spot in my most favorite place here on Earth.

8:42pm

 The darkest hour of the night is lighted by the bright light of a crescent moon as the cold wind blows against my blushing cheeks. The silent broke when he started to talk.

“So, I heard that you’re my number 1 hater?” his deep manly voice conquered our bubble.

“M—me? Is that what she tells you?” I tried to talk despite the butterflies.

“Is she your sister?” he replied and sat down.

My most favorite place is carpeted by soft Bermuda grass where Cherry Blossom trees were growing which made this place very special to me because, like him anything seasonal keeps us both fascinated since, you can only see and experience these things in just a short span of time for every once per year which make you realize the essence of their presence due to their long time absence.

“Unfortunately… Yes,” I said and felt that the butterflies started to leave one by one.

I stood still and gazed on the moon and adore its rare brightness that it gave for this night.

“Oh, I see… got a mad sister in here,” he replied and forcefully pulled down my hand.

I stumbled down right beside him and landed on my huge back pack that is full of hard stuffs.

“Ouch…” I removed my back and placed it on my side.

“Of all the girls that I dated, you’re the only one carrying a life size bag. What’s inside it?” he said as he leaned his back on the trunk.

For a few moments, I was stunned at the same time flattered that he labeled this moment as a ‘date’ but for me kidnap or abduction is the right term for this. After a deep breath, I opened my back pack and started to bring out its contents.

“Actually, I gave all my wealth to buy these but I guess the feeling of happiness that these stuffs bring is… priceless…” I told him as I brought out handful of albums from my bag.

“But… this will be more ‘priceless’ when you sign all of these for this desperate, die hard ‘hater’ in front of you.” I added and handed him a pen.

Without any hesitation, he started to sign my albums. I stared and observed him as he silently move his hand that has a scar which made him more unique among all the celebrities beneficially making a living through the help technology that anytime can use the gift of technology to turn themselves close to perfection.

Like all the ordinary people, he also has an ordinary yet clean and silky skin that glows in the dim like a shining diamond struck by a beam of light. His perfectly pointed nose extends down to his pinkish soft lips that started to move.

“Ms. Lucky girl, what’s your name?” he asked and turned to me.

“I’m—lucky…” my mouth started to move on its own and as fast as lightning, the butterflies came back.

“Lucky? Like *she is so lucky. She’s Hollywood girl…* by Britney Spears?” he asked and signed the album with my new name on.

“N—no… Ah…I—mean, Y—yes.” I didn’t protest and I didn’t know why. Anyway, from this day on my name is Lucky.

It took him a couple of minutes to finish signing all the albums that I brought but he’s very aware that he need to make most out of the time that’s why he multi-tasked, he signed and talked at the same time.

Grrrr…grrrrr... I heard a grumbling stomach. I know it was not me as I piled and placed the albums inside my bag. Oh-Em-Gee! This is all my fault. His 30-minute break will be his first and last break for the whole night.

“S—sorry… I know that you must be having your dinner now,” I apologized. My mannerism of playing with my nails began. Honestly, I usually play with my nails every time I feel disappointed of myself.

While I was starring down and playing with my nails, a warm hand held mine and placed a can of hot cappuccino in my hand.

“Don’t blame yourself, Lucky. I’m glad that I got to have a time to be right here… in my favorite place… without anyone taking pictures of me and shouting my name. It’s really my first time to be here in so many years,” he told me and opened his can of hot cappuccino.

“Say and think everything that you want. I also love this place. If I die, I wanna stay and guard every tree here.” I replied and tried to prevent my tear by sipping my cappuccino.

“Aisshhh… very tragic, huh? Don’t worry, If you’ll be guarding this place on your next life. I would be glad to be a young Cherry Blossom to be planted in here, when ‘that’ time comes.”

“Yah, right. I guess that will not be too soon…”

“Anyway, wanna have this? ‘They’ go crazy and extremely happy to have anything where my lips went on.” He said seriously and pertaining to the empty can of his cappuccino but I’m not like them because his ‘DNA’ will be useless since, I’ll be leaving soon.

“No. It’s okay. You can keep it as this night’s remembrance or better just throw it. U--unless you’re into the ‘pure tin’,” I joked and pulled the piece of metal from my can.

“Wow, you’re not just lucky… very clever… I know that this is the purest part of this can. Better keep these for future purposes,” He replied as he also pulled the metal from his can and grabbed the same piece of metal in my hand and placed them inside his pocket.

We both gazed at the crescent moon and adored its rare brightness. Suddenly, a weak cold wind pressed against my face. Along with this wind is an unknown object or maybe a tiny particle of dust went straight right into my left eye. Of Course, I rub my eye trying to clear it from the dust.

“y’ okay?” he asked as I rub my eye.

“Y—yes. Don’t worry.” I replied and continued rubbing my eye.

In no time, he pulled my hand and held my face, aligned it in front of him, face-to-face. Oh-Em-Gee! I always have the chance to look at him, face-to-face, but… via a poster. I never dreamt looking at him this close, centimeterly close, with a single eye and smelling his manly scent. It felt like I’m already in heaven…

“Okay, don’t move. You may hold your breath but don’t die,” He said and parted my eyelids and started to blow my eye.

I held my breath and tried not to die although, this was my closest encounter to death apart from my ill condition. Though I held my breath, I could still smell his fresh and sweet breath done by the cappuccino that he sipped earlier. It’s warm, relaxingly warm…

“There… Open sesame…” He said. I slowly opened my eye and at that instant moment both of our gazes met.

His eyes at that time were different from all his look and gazes photographed and caught by the camera. People described them as fierce as the eagle’s eyes and in some rarest incidence as innocent as an angel’s eyes but from what I could see now, it seems that there’s a hidden message right into his eyes that I couldn’t decipher. I want to know what it is, I want to know the answer…

He moved closer and closer, killing every gap of centimeter as he cupped face. My eyes closed involuntarily like in those romantic movies. I could feel that he’s moving closer much closer than a while ago. For the second time, I smelled his scent, his fresh and sweet scent and felt the warm of his breath. I held my breath for a second and suddenly his soft and warm lips met mine. His taste of cappuccino blended with mine. It was not torrid but it’s sweetly sensational. I wish that this 15-minute break would last forever.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated. It’s reality’s call that this fairytale moment needs to come to an end. I immediately grabbed my phone and checked who was calling. It was my sister informing me that the 15 minutes was over. How I wish that I could be a Cinderella at that time and be with the man of my dreams until 12 midnight.

Like a total gentleman, he stood up and gave his hand to me. We walked side by side as we were like walking before with him carrying again my back pack on his left shoulder.

Inside my sister’s car, awkwardness filled the car’s atmosphere since, both of us and my sister didn’t say a single word during our 4-minute journey back to the café.

9:01pm

On our way back home, I wanted to shout and spazz inside my sister’s car, I really can’t wait to tell her what had just happened a while ago but at this time, I need first to secure our safety by keeping myself dead silent while she’s driving.

Just to relieve my feels, I decided to organize the albums inside my bag. In total I brought 10 albums and all of them were signed with my new name on, Lucky. I was about to zip my bag but behind this album which was my overall favorite since it is his cover, a short message was written…

Lucky (girl),

I was about to say ‘no’ to your sister a while ago

But when she pointed to the girl sitting alone inside the café,

I can’t help but to say ‘yes’.

 I’m very lucky to spend a little time with you.

You’re a lucky girl because you made me realize that

I’m also a lucky man.  I counted the time when I was with you and I realized that

“15 minutes is too long because I instantly fell in love the moment when I first saw you.”

XOXO,

The Lucky Bias,

~~~~~

A/N: LIKE IT? Anyway, This page will be used for my upcoming one-shots. That's why don't forget to subscribe to receive more updates (^__^) COMMENT. VOTE. SUBSCRIBE. (^__^)