To Wushu or Not to Wushu

나비소녀 (Don't Go)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~February 13, 2008~

“Ali! Where are you” Tao shouted as he walked into her living room.

“In my room.” Ali yelled back.

“So what are you doing tomorrow?” Tao asked cheerfully

“Practice for the wushu competition we have this weekend, what about you?” Ali asked as she concentrated on her homework.

“You’re no fun Ali Liang” Tao complained as he flopped onto her bed.

“I am fun! Why else would you still be my best friend after 16 years of life!” Ali said as she threw a panda plushie at Tao. Ignoring Ali Tao started talking to the panda plushie.

“Ali Liang is boring huh panda panda?” he questioned the bear.                                 

“I know I know! So boring I bet she even plans to spend Valentine’s Day doing homework.” Tao continued.

“Valentine’s Day?” Ali asked herself out loud.

“Yes Valentine’s Day!” Don’t Americans love the day of love?” Tao asked sarcastically.

“I’ve never been to America Tao, and we’re Chinese.” Ali said matter of factly.

“Ugh, so boring!” Tao complained. “Wake me up when you’re not so boring!” Tao said as he got more comfortable in Ali’s bed.

“Yah! So lazy, your house is literally across the street; go sleep in your own bed!” Ali said as she attempted to move the oversized panda boy that was now asleep on her bed.

A couple hours later Ali was finished with her homework, showered and ready for bed.

“Huang Zitao! Go to your own bed!” Ali yelled hitting her best friend who was unfazed by her hits.

“Can you at least roll over?” Ali complained as she rolled him to the other side of her bed. Soon after she heard a buzzing noise and it was Tao’s phone, his mom was calling.

“Hello Ayi!” Ali said excitedly “We haven’t spoken in so long!” Ali continued.

“Hi Ali, How have you been, are you eating well?” Tao’s Mother asked.

“Yes Ayi”

“Have you seen Zitao? He’s not home and I’m growing worried”

“Ah~ Yes Ayi, He’s at my house sleeping”

“Okay, do you and Zitao have any plans for tomorrow?” His mother asked excitedly.

“Actually Ayi I plan to practice for the Wushu Competioion later this week, maybe Zitao gege will join me.”

“You two practice enough! Don’t you think you should do something fun?”

“Wushu is fun Ayi!”

“Okay dear child if you say so, you have a good night Ali.”

“Good Night Ayi!”  Ali sang as she hung up.

 

~February 14,2008~

“Wake up Zitao gege!” “We have to go to school.” Ali said annoyed that she was leaving her bed.

“5 more minutes.” Tao whinned.

“Nope! It’s already 7:30 gege” Ali said sadly.

“ughh” Tao said as he left Ali’s room to get ready for school.

At 7:45 the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter