The dumb and dumber

I'll probably regret everything

   This is my first try after about half of a year at something not angst related, so please enjoy ^^

 

P.s. Mark is killing me and Jackson's dorkiness doesn't help also. 

 

P.p.s. I don't know why, but I had a lot of fun writing this, I guess I based Mark a bit on what I am like during normal days that's why. 

 


 

    Almost nothing surprised Mark anymore. And it wasn’t even because the male was from the United States. Okay, maybe a little bit. It wasn’t a surprise that people were more liberal in the States than in South Korea. And really, the male from California was shocked when he first arrived to Seoul. The people were more reserved than what he was used to. Back in the States Mark was considered as silent, but here it seemed as if the male fitted in perfectly. Or at least that’s what he thought.

 

 

     He was almost used to the way Koreans communicated with him, until he met his band mates. And really, he didn’t have any problems with them, it was just the way they were so different from what Mark was used to in Korea. They were definitely not typical Koreans. Well, except Jackson and BamBam, those two weren’t even from South Korea so it was reasonable that they were different.

 

 

     At some point, during his trainee period, Mark had debated if he wasn’t more similar to a native Korean with the way he acted than Jinyoung or Jaebum. Really, those two did not act as discreet as they should. Especially Jaebum, the guy was supposed to be their leader, but he was too touchy. Or maybe it was just Mark. The red head looked into things too much and overthought everything that happened.

 

 

     But of course all people change at some point. And Mark was no exception. He got used to the way his Korean band members were touchy with each other and with him. He read somewhere that it was an idol thing. They had to get used to skin ship and being in each other’s private space. At first he was reluctant, but then he had talked to his hyungs from 2PM who were also foreigners. And Taecyeon told him that there was no use in fighting with the system of Kpop industry, it’s just how it happens. Nichkhun didn’t help much; he just told that everyone is gay, at least biual, deep inside. The red head pulled a judgmental face and his hyung told him that he will see the truth in the future. And really, it’s not like Mark had anything against gay people. He knew some homoual people who were chiller than anyone else. He just simply didn’t swing that way. At least not at that point in life.

 

 

    The red head wasn’t even surprised when BamBam crawled into his bed during one of the nights and snuggled into his side. He understood that the boy missed his normal teenage life a little bit and that he just wanted some comfort. Mark was okay with the younger boy’s hands snacking around his waist and BamBam’s breathe tickling the skin of his neck. He wasn’t even surprised when the younger male’s lips brushed over his damp skin. Why was the weather so hot during that night? And why was the air conditioner not working? Was he the only one that was bothered with the seemingly too hot air? Sure, the weather in L.A. was hot during summer, but it was different in Korea. Was the air radioactive or something? Mark started freaking out in his mind and planning ways how to survive the apocalypse. He could stick with his band members, and when the time comes, they’d have to sacrifice someone. , Mark was the one who’d be sacrificed the first. And it wasn’t because the others didn’t like him; it was because he was too kind sometimes. He would probably offer himself to be the sacrificial bunny. Jinyoung and Jackson would like the idea of him being a bunny.

 

 

    There was once this time when Jinyoung teamed up with the Hong Kong native in order to force Mark to wear fluffy bunny ears. The red head was embarrassed for a few days afterwards. At it seemed like the two males were not planning to let Mark survive quietly through it, they were planning to make the oldest member of Got7 to wear bunny ears again.

 

 

    The red head wasn’t even surprised when BamBam told him after that night that he used to have a tiny crush on the red head male. Sure, Mark did not expect that, but he wasn’t surprised. The younger male did look like he could like males, or at least both genders. He just wondered how he never noticed the younger male glancing at him.

 

 

    Mark wasn’t shocked when Jinyoung kissed him when the older members of Got7 were drinking in the dorms. It just happened somehow. One moment, the red head was drinking, and the next one he had Jinyoung sitting in his lap, kissing him fully on his lips. And the only thing Mark could think about during that moment was that he did not like the taste of alcohol that lingered on Jinyoung’s lips. He didn’t even notice the dark look he got from both Jackson and Jaebum. He didn’t even notice when Jinyoung leaned his head back and grinned at him. He heard something similar to ‘Your lips are really tempting.’ Or was it ‘Your is kind of poking me’? The red head leaned more to the second theory, because he remembered how Jinyoung was limping the next morning and Jaebum wore a satisfied smirk on his face. Did the leader punish Jr. somehow? Did he make him do pushups or run laps around the JYP building?

 

 

    It took a worried question from the red head, Jackson wiggling his eyebrows suggestively and Jinyoung blushing for Mark to understand what really went down when he was sleeping. Sometimes it was amusing how clueless and seemingly innocent the oldest member of Got7 was. Sometimes it was so bad that it almost made the red head cry in misery. None of the members took him seriously when it came to relationships and .

 

 

    The person that managed to surprise Mark was always Jackson. That dork always had the most surprising and unthinkable ideas. Like really, what sane person would come up with an idea of locking their leader out and then blaming everything on Mark. The worst thing was that the red head couldn’t even get mad at the Hong Kong native. And he didn’t know how Jackson knew what buttons to press to make Mark calm down. Heck, the red head didn’t even get riled up that much. It was usually when someone ate his food, when the fridge was empty and when there was no chicken in the dorms. So basically when it was connected to food.

 

 

    The red head didn’t get Jackson sometimes. Okay, most of the times. What? The Hong Kong native was the most spontaneous person Mark had ever met. Maybe a bit more dorky and stupid than spontaneous. It wasn’t even that Jackson was stupid, but he just tended to make really stupid decisions. Not that Mark was any better; he probably rivaled Jackson in that sphere. It was just that the red head made the decisions unconsciously, while Jackson sometimes made them just to rile people up.

 

 

    Like the time when the Hong Kong native decided to try and Jinyoung up when Jaebum was in the room. Anyone who would notice the look in the leader’s eyes would back off, but it seemed like Jackson was hipped because of the adrenaline. The night ended with Jackson being dragged away from Jinyoung and Jaebum forcing the mother of the group into their shared room. It mortified Mark that he did not get what his two band members were doing in the bedroom. How much more naïve and clueless could the red head be?

 

 

    Time after time Jackson kept on surprising Mark until the older male just got used to the Hong Kong native’s behavior. From the way the younger male creeped up on him from behind his back when Mark was surfing through the internet to the way Jackson seemed to follow him around everywhere. And the red head got used to having the younger male around him all the time. Both when they were in the dorms and when they were outside, like practicing and simply hanging out.

 

 

    It sometimes amused the red head how Jackson could so simply get under his skin within seconds and after a few moments he could calm Mark down. Sometimes the red head felt like the Hong Kong native was playing around with him. Jackson had mastered the art of pulling Mark in and pushing him away. It was like playing hide and seek. The younger male would seek out the red head, cling onto him and act as if the oldest member of Got7 was the only thing that Jackson’s eyes fell on. And the next moment he would be distancing himself away from Mark as if they were mere friends.

 

 

    Mark didn’t get it at first. He fought that Jackson was just being his usual self and needed a person to cling onto. And the red head was the perfect victim, because they both spoke the same language. Well, almost. Mark was from the States, and Jackson liked to pretend that his English was really good. Not that it wasn’t, but the red head did not want to boost the Hong Kong native’s ego even more.

 

 

    The red head was used to Jackson being a little piece of , at least that’s how he put it. Not that Jackson was that little. He was far from being little. One glance and the younger male and you’d clearly see that he is, or at least used to be, an athlete. The way he held himself, the way he moved and the way his reflexes worked. And his muscles. Oh wow, those muscles. The red head couldn’t tear his eyes away whenever he saw those firm muscles. And those thighs. During some nights the red head would find himself thinking about Jackson. The way his arms would feel around the older male.

 

 

    And really, sometimes Mark felt as if he was plotting world domination when he was hiding things away from Jackson. Well, what the younger boy did not know won’t hurt him. Truthfully, Mark would probably be the best person to plot world domination. With his baby face and his seemingly innocent looks he could fool anyone. He’d probably be able to trick the president of any country into spilling the countries secrets to him. Sometimes he wondered why he never used his abilities and his looks to the maximum. The most he had used them for was to get a free meal from both Jaebum and Jinyoung, even though he would just have to ask and Jaebum would buy him anything. The leader was really gullible when it came to cute things. Maybe that’s why BamBam and Mark were his favorites, of course Jinyoung not included. The mother of the group was the first one in Jaebum’s heart.

 

 

    The red head sometimes wondered why Jackson never clinged onto the other members of Got7. Of course except when the Hong Kong native wanted some food. Nothing could stop him from getting his food. It was always Mark that Jackson seeked out. And the older male always thought that it was because they were roommates and the members that were dubbed to make stupid decisions.

 

 

    If the red head had named himself as the member that was the hardest to shock, why was he so surprised right now? His eyes darted around the kitchen table that they were all sitting around and he caught the eyes of Jackson. The Hong Kong native was sitting right in front of him and smiling at him with his signature smirk. Was he planning something? Whatever he was planning Mark wanted no parts in the plan. He was a bit tired of Jackson pushing him away and then pulling him in.

 

 

    Somewhere in between their dorky talks and their tricking practices he had started to notice how the younger boy looked effortlessly cute when he was tired. He noticed the smallest of Jackson’s habits, and most of them bit not gross him out, which was a surprise. Somewhere in between those moments Mark felt his feelings changing and something growing in his heart. At first he had thought that he was getting sick. The butterflies in his stomach made him believe that he had a virus. After a dozen times of pestering Jinyoung, Mark finally faced the truth, he was starting to like Jackson, and it was not a good idea. Sure, the Hong Kong native was known as a major flirt, but that just made the red head feel worse. It made him feel as if Jackson saw him as a mere target, a practicing dummy.

 

 

    So why was Mark so surprised right now? Was it the fact that Jackson was pulling a move when everyone were in the same room? Or the fact that the Hong Kong native was crossing the line even for himself? Oh hell, it was because of Jackson’s legs. Those legs that Mark sometimes imagines in between his own legs. The red head felt Jackson’s toes rubbing over his calf and inching their way up his leg slowly. The red head stiffened and his hand with the half full spoon froze in midair. If Mark had to rate this moment in a scale of one to your friend’s single mom is flirting with you in front of him, the awkwardness level would be around I just slammed into see through doors in front of everyone , maybe not even in there.

 

 

    What? Don’t judge him. Mark has had pretty embarrassing moments in his life. It seemed as if the members noticed the red head’s stiffness and decided to comment on it.

 

 

    ‘Don’t play with your food Hyung.’ Okay, the red head definitely expected something more humiliating from Jinyoung. No wonder the younger male was Mark’s favorite dongsaeng.

 

 

    ‘Does Hyung need to be fed?’ Mark glared at Jaebum, or at least tried to glare. Had you ever seen the red head’s glares? They were as effective as a small puppies growling. And small puppies were cute when they growled, because they did not manage to look intimidating, thus making Mark look not harmful even when he is glaring.

 

 

    ‘Mark Hyung is so cute.’ You little piece of . How dare you? You are the one who is putting me into this situation. I want nothing more but to strangle you. The red head puffed out his cheeks and stood up. He ignored Jackson’s taunting voice and walked to his room. He shut his doors as loudly as possible. Let the members hear how much they annoy the oldest male of the group. Not like any of them would stop teasing him about his baby face or his clueless personality.

 

 

    What frustrated him the most was the fact that he kind of liked Jackson, while the younger male was always teasing him. The red head couldn’t even fathom why he liked the dork. He came to a conclusion that if Jackson will continue to act like he does right now, Mark will just avoid him. The red head was even determined enough to buy a mini fridge and position it in his room just to avoid the younger male. But there was another problem. Even if there would be a mini fridge in the room, the reality that Jackson was his roommate did nothing to calm his mind.

 

 

    The only idea that the red head came up with was that he could barricade himself in the room, and then the Hong Kong native would be forced to spend his time somewhere else. But firstly, the red head had to take care of the food. Mark opened the last drawer of his bedside table and marveled at the amount of snacks he had in it. Wait, where were the gummy bears? And caramelized nuts? Was his secret stash of snacks not that secret? Damn it, he knew that he should have hidden all of the food somewhere else. Well, this much will be enough for at least today and tomorrow.

 

 

    Mark was about to stand up and walk to the doors in order to pull a chair under the door handle. What? Don’t judge him; desperate times call for desperate measures. The red head started dragging the chair when the doors of the shared room opened. Mark did the only thing logical that his mind came up with. Stop, drop and pretend to be dead. Okay, maybe not that logical. The red head banged his forehead onto the ground and let out a pained groan. Okay, maybe really not logical. So much for pretending to be dead. Hey, maybe he can still pass as having a seizure? Mark twitched a little bit and he could hear that the person in front of him didn’t even try to hold in their laughter.

 

 

    Mark was surprised how he managed to survive to the age of twenty without having major injuries because of his stupidity. Except when he broke his leg once in L.A. when him and his friends thought that it was funny to try and do some tricks on wet grass. Yeah, not really the wisest person ever.

 

 

    ‘Did you slip on something? That was hilarious.’ Yeah, just laugh at my failure, not like you can do any better.

 

 

    ‘Can’t you see that I was searching for coins?’ Well, at least the red head’s brains didn’t shut off for once when Jackson was talking to him while standing so close.

 

 

    ‘But there are no coins on the ground.’ Okay, so maybe Mark sometimes wondered if Jackson was dropped on his head as a baby or if he had injured his brains while doing fencing.

 

 

    The older male stood up and made his way to his bed. So much for avoiding Jackson. The Hong Kong native came up to Mark and poked his forehead. Could he be any more uncaring? The red head’s forehead was hurting slightly and Jackson’s poking did not help with that.

 

 

    ‘That looks like it hurt.’ Well no Sherlock.

 

 

    ‘What are you talking about? The ground was so soft that it felt like it was only caressing my head.’ Cue the sarcasm. If Jackson was offended he did not show it. Mark stared at the younger male while the Hong Kong native leaned in and pressed his lips onto the red head’s slightly bruised skin. Mark did cart wheels mentally and closed his eyes in delight. Jackson’s lips were softer than the older male expected them to be. Not that he thought about them during some nights. Nope, he definitely didn’t. Never had he imagined how it would be to kiss the younger male.

 

 

    The red head was about to ask Jackson what he was doing but he froze up when he felt the younger male peppering his face with small kisses. Wow, who knew that Jackson could sometimes be this gentle? This made Mark think who would top if the two of them would ever have . Okay, no. His innocent mind. The red head mentally slapped himself and he didn’t even noticed that Jackson’s lips were extremely close to his own pair of lips.

 

 

    Just as Jackson was about to close the gap between them, the doors to their room opened up again. Seriously, Mark should lock the doors next time. Or use the chair for real. A wide eyed BamBam poked his head in and a girly shriek left the youngest boy’s mouth.

 

 

    ‘Jinyoung, Jackson is molesting Mark!’ , he is definitely going to regret this. As BamBam left, Jackson pecked Mark’s lips quickly and the red head’s eyes widened. This was his first kiss with Jackson and he did not have time to appreciate it. Mark could hear Jinyoung yelling from downstairs and the Hong Kong native laughed maniacally. , Mark was definitely going to regret this.

 

 

    As the younger male kissed the corner of his lips, Mark smiled a little bit. Well, either way he is doomed, might as well enjoy this while he can. The red head turned his head slightly, his and Jackson’s lips brushing against each other softly. Mark let out a relieved sigh and he could feel Jackson’s arms wrapping around his waist. Yep, he could definitely get used to this.