Gift

Gift

It was morning. The tiny rays of the sun had eloped into the dark room making it lighter and lighter causing the people – whom had slept peacefully until the rays had reached their eyes disturbing their enjoyable dream – to move around.

Eric, the 4D leader, the living statue of David, turned to his other side and as he did this move his hand touched something soft and warm as he reached out to find a comfortable sleeping pose.

However, as he touched that “something soft and warm thing” the sleepiness disappeared and he had opened his eyes. As soon as he saw the other owner of the warmness and softness he could not hold back his wide smile – the smile women could kill for and it was dedicated to only one person.

Hyesung was lying next to him still sleeping like an angel, breathing slowly, sometimes moving his lips as if he was talking, but no matter how much Eric had tried he could not hear any kind of voice coming out of his mouth.

But who cares? – Eric thought and made sure not to wake up Hyesung as he put his hand under his head to watch his sleeping face more comfortably. Eric’s experience said it’s better to let him sleep until he waked up himself, because he has this angelic face only until then… when he wakes up he is more like a dragon than an angel. It was like as if he had a multiple personality.

Still, Eric could not be angry at him because of his sudden mood changes or his temper. He just could not help it, Eric loved Hyesung like this. No, this is not the best expression. He was madly in love with the singer and he could only hope Hyesung had similar feelings for him. Because they were together and did everything that couples supposed to – and yes, this contains the intimate stuff, too -, still, Hyesung never or rarely talked about his feelings, he was such a tsundere. Well, Eric at least felt the love when Hyesung beat him up, also, if Hyesung did not love him why would he be together with him, moreover, why would he let him do those kind of things to him?

He is just a tsundere.

Eric could not hold back himself and slowly, with trembling fingers he reached out to his face and touched him. But as soon as he did this Hyesung gave out a growling sound and with still closed eyes he mumbled annoyed.

“Really… can’t you stop bothering me while I’m sleeping? First watching as if you don’t have better things to do and now even poking… Shameful…”

“But you are not asleep.” Eric said with a childish voice causing Hyesung opening his eyes and glaring at him.

“Yah, I need to laze around to be able to get out of the bed… Really… If you don’t stop bothering me I’ll never ever sleep with you again.”

“I understand. Sorry. Go back to sleep.” But Eric did not need to tell him, Hyesung had already closed his eyes.

Eric then slowly slid closer to Hyesung and he hugged him with his other free hand.

“Hyesung-ah…” He gently Hyesung’s face making his eyelashes tremble for a moment and causing him blushing.

“What?” He mumbled.

“Happy Birthday.”

Hyesung slowly smiled and again opened his eyes and looked at Eric, but this time his gaze was gentle.

“Thank you.” He whispered and shyly kissed his forehead.

Then with a red face he sat up, looked around and when he found what he was looking for he got up and started to collect his clothes – which he was searching for.

“What are you doing? Didn’t you say you have to laze around a bit more?” Eric asked while he watched Hyesung putting on his clothes not being able to turn his gaze away from him.

“I have a busy schedule for today.” He replied and went to the bathroom and yelling from there he continued. “I have to go to the hairdresser, than other stuff before group practise. I don’t have time for you.”

“Yah, Hyesung-ah, don’t be like this…” Eric whinned got out of the bed, too, and put on his own clothes.

“Ywou stwarwted iwt. (You started it).” Hyesung came to the entrance of the room and said while brushing his teeth then went back again.

“Yeah, yeah.” Eric mumbled, went to his wardrobe, opened it and took out a white box tied with a red ribbon. It was a present for no one else, but for his Majesty, Shin Hyesung.

Eric had a hard time to buy a gift for the choosy singer and in the end he decided to buy something useful, also, he will just give him his body – the body that had already satisfied Shin Hyesung for quite a lot of times. That was his plan. Also, he wanted to spend the day with the singer, he never would have guessed Hyesung had a schedule to take care of besides the group practise. With this Hyesung had destroyed Eric’s plans.

Oh, whatever – He thought bitterly.

Hyesung finished and came out of the bathroom and left the room, too, without glancing at Eric.

Such a bastard – Eric thought and followed him to the kitchen where Hyesung headed to.

“So what will you do today?” Eric asked while sat down waiting for Hyesung to give him a cup of coffee, also, made sure to hid the gift box well, so he put it on his laps under the table.

“Already told you…” He replied then sighed. “I’m going to the hairdresser…”

“New hairstyle?” Eric interrupted

”Maybe. Depends on my mood.” He said, put a cup off coffee in front of Eric then he sat down, too, and took a sip from his own cup. It was a couple cup set, if you really want to know. Honestly, Hyesung was not really fond of it, Eric had to force him to buy a set, he just could not hold himself back when he saw it. In the end as he looked at the cups and themselves he realized it was something that really did not suit them at all. However, his pride did not let him to say this out loud, he could hear Hyesung saying ‘I’ve told you’.

“Then I’ll have a meeting about my year end concert with the company. After that I’ll have recording for my new solo album and then the group practise.”

“You are busy.” Eric sighed.

He really was disappointed. He was waiting for this day, he prepared a lot. This would have been their very first time to celebrate Hyesung’s birthday like this, together as couple. They were already a couple when it came to his own birthday and he wanted to repay Hyesung’s kindness and hard work with organizing a nice day with just the two of them.

Hyesung saw on Eric’s face his sudden sadness and he knew immediately what the problem was.

“I’m sorry. Hyesung said, reached out to Eric’s hand and grabbed it tightly. “The date had been settled a while ago, I really can’t do anything about it, no matter how much I want to.”

Eric was surprised about Hyesung’s sincere words; this was something that happened quite rarely. Of course this does not mean Hyesung was a liar and such. No, of course not. As Eric had already stated, Hyesung was a complete tsundere. Even now it was hard for him to show his true feelings and affection towards Eric, he was still at the ‘push and pull’ level. He was simply embarrassed and shy, but Eric did not mind it anymore. At leas he knew his feelings were returned by Hyesung even if he had a hard time showing them.

“Eric.” Hyesung said in a sweet voice after not receiving a reply. He stood up, walked up to Eric and uncertainly hugged him from behind. “I’m really sorry. But we can spend the night together… at least if you want to.”

“Well that’s better than nothing.” Eric mumbled pouting. But even before he could say anything more Hyesung suddenly let go of him and with widened eyes and cheerful smile he moved his gaze to his lap.

“Is that mine?” He asked laughing and clapped his hands. “What is it? I want to see it!”

Eric sighed and put the present from his lap onto the table. He failed not just the day, but the surprise, too. He planned to suddenly grab Hyesung from behind and give him the box like that. Whatever – he though, took the box from the table, stood up and gave it to Hyesung.

“Happy Birthday, Jung Pilgyo!” He said smiling, then suddenly an idea occurred to him and even before Hyesung could take the present he pulled it away and placed it behind himself.

“Yah, what are you…”

“How about only receiving it tonight?” Eric asked. “I want to be with you when you open it And now you clearly don’t have time.”

“But… I want my present…” Hyesung mumbled looking at Eric surprised. “What’s the use showing it to me if I don’t receive it?”  Then he clapped his hands and grinned. “Wait. How about you give it to me and I’ll only open it tonight? Or on the practise?”

“But that’s…”

“You’ll forget about my present! I want it today no matter what!” Hyesung hissed. “I promise you that I won’t open it, okay?”

Eric sighed. He knew he should give up, there is no way Hyesung would just let the things go as Eric wanted. So in the end he gave in.

“Okay.” Eric sighed again and gave the box to Hyesung. “But you have to promise me you won’t open it!”

“Okay, I understand, I promise!”

“This is something – “ Eric continued as he gave him the present and touched his hand while looked into his eyes. “I want you to wear always or at least as many times as possible. Especially when you are with me. I’m sure it will look good on you.”

 “Thank you Eric.” Hyesung said again with a gentle smile. “I’m going then.” He said, Eric’s face and turned his back to him, but Eric grabbed his harm and pulled him back directly into his arms and kissed him.

 

Soon after Hyesung had left Eric decided to turn himself into a human, because his current self no matter how hard he squinted was just unacceptable if he ever wanted to go out. And he knew if he did not do it now, later when he has to go out, it would be just a pain.

“But first, breakfast.” He mumbled. “I’m starving… we were up almost all night… no energy…”

He grinned as memories about the previous night had flooded his mind and it made his mood even better and when he thought he is going to have a similar experience this evening… he could not help himself, but became excited and it was hard for him to wait till the whole day passed and he could be alone with Hyesung.

After he prepared his food and ate it and drank a bit more coffee already an hour had passed since Hyesung had left. The silence he left after himself was unusual, he got used to Hyesung loitering around in his home or himself lazing around on Hyesung’s sofa. Ever since they had been dating they were kind of glued together, or at least Eric to Hyesung and his mornings and nights were rarely lonely. Without Jung Pilgyo his home felt kind of empty and cold.

“Aish, we should just live together.” He mumbled as he put the cups and the plate he used in the sink to wash them. “That would be so much more comfortable. But there is no way he would accept this offer.”

He was sure about this, after all he knew him more than his own parents could so in the end he just never asked. It would be pointless and the only thing he could achieve with it is a fight and a whole week of the not-talking-to-you drama. He knew, the whole time they had been together there was no month they did not play this show and not driving the members into madness, because naturally they did not leave each other alone not even when they were working: they always had some sarcastic or stingy comment for each other and like this they let the members know when they had their cute little domestic fight.

Of course both of them knew it was horribly unprofessional and they never would have guessed they will act like this once they started to date. They thought they were more mature than this… well they weren’t.

After he washed the dishes – which took about half an hour because he just went off day-dreaming about Hyesung and their relationship every possible minute – he decided it was finally time to take a shower and do the morning routine.

He went to the bathroom to take a shower making sure not to use Pilgyo’s towel or shampoo or anything he owned in Eric’s home, he was kind of allergic to this, or at least it was only like this with Eric – Hyesung hated when Eric used his stuff. He never once explained why, Eric just wanted to think he was too shy to use something Eric used before. He was such a.... Eric could not find the right words to describe the singer, but honestly he did not try to do so anymore. He was just like that and the leader had already gotten used to it. He had time to do so.

After the shower he dried his hair, styled it, brushed his teeth and went to his bedroom to search for some clothes he could be lazing around in until he did not need to leave his home. He opened his wardrobe and started to search for some comfortable clothes, however after a few moments something had gotten into his hands and when he looked at it his whole face went pale. It was a box, a present… it looked perfectly the same as the one he gave to Hyesung.

He closed his eyes as he took a deep breath, mourned a short prayer and opened the box. But he had no luck. The present he wanted to give to Hyesung was there in his hands… instead of Hyesung’s.

He gave the wrong box.

He collapsed on the floor still looking at the content of the box with widened eyes, his lips were trembling and he did not know if he felt sick or just wanted to cry in despair.

It was not a normal present. If the details are said like it was from Kim Dongwan in the awareness of Eric’s and Hyesung’s relationship… being aware of everything, and even though he said he just wanted to give a useful tip what to give to Hyesung, but in reality he just wanted to play a childish prank on them bringing continuous teasing…

Its clear there could not be anything good in that box.

 

About a week before Hyesung’s birthday Dongwan walked up to Eric being careful not to be seen by the others and asked with a weird gleam in his eyes:

“Do you buy anything for Hyesung?”

Eric should have known Dongwan had some plans, but that time he was so into what he should buy he just said ‘yes’ innocently. When Dongwan asked ‘what he is going to give to him’ he could not answer yet and in the end the two of them just appeared in a mall after a long nagging by Dongwan. Eric accepted his help so he would just stay quiet even if it was just for a short while.

They were looking around in the mall for hours not really finding anything Eric could have imagined giving to Hyesung. In the hope they could find something they had parted ways a while ago and now Eric was loitering around in the mall alone being accompanied by the gazes of the female customers.

He was already in the giving up state planning only a dinner with just the a two of them when he suddenly saw a red scarf and it would not be an exaggeration to say he had fallen in love with it at first sight. He did not really fall for the scarf but for the image of Hyesung wearing it. He would have looked wonderful, it would have suited him and as he Eric imagined him he could just grin like an idiot from the cuteness of the singer. Also, considering it was already winter he decided it would please not only Eric, but it would be quite useful for Hyesung, too.

He decided to buy it.

He ran into Dongwan after he came out of the store with a prettily wrapped box grinning like an idiot, but he was free to do it, he was satisfied with the thing he bought. It was not anything big, but he was sure Hyesung would like it. If not there was still plan B: Eric’s continuous attention and gentleness for the whole night.

“So what did you buy?” He asked pointing at the box with his head.

“A scarf.” Eric replied. “It will look good on him.”

For a moment Dongwan could only furrow his eyebrows then he sighed. “Really? A scarf? You should have used your imagination more.”

“Why, huh? What I should have bought if you are so clever?”

“This.” Dongwan grinned and from this Eric suddenly had a bad feeling. He did not know why, but he did not have good feelings by the expression Dongwan was wearing.

Suddenly he took out from his back a box wrapped completely the same like the gift Eric was holding. From this he had no idea what Dongwan had bought and with a confused expression he was only looking at Dongwan and the box.

“So what’s that?”

Dongwan grinned again and half laughing he replied. “Men’s thong. Red.”

At this moment Dongwan was already half-dead from laughing, he could not say any word and his tears were flowing like a river. However Eric did not feel like laughing at all, as he imagined the situation of Hyesung receiving something like this… he knew that would be the day when the world ends.

“Are you our of your mind?” Eric hissed. “Keep that thing away from me.”

“Your… your face…” Dongwan was still laughing. “It’s… hilarious.”

“You just wasted your money…”

“No, it totally worth it… for this expression…”

“I made the biggest mistake of my life when I’ve trusted you. Let’s leave.”

“Yah, you don’t even invite me anywhere in gratitude? Like coffee, or breakfast?” Dongwan asked catching up to Eric who had already approached the exit.

“Why should I? You weren’t much of a help and just made fun of me… which isn’t funny at all because Hyesung would strangle me to death.”

“At least lend me that game you were talking about a while ago.” He said. “And give me some coffee. I’m tired here, you know.”

“Aish…”

In the end Eric invited him over to his place just to avoid Dongwan’s never-ending nagging and gave him what he wanted. He did not stay long, after he drank his coffee and laughed a bit more about the ‘gift’ he left Eric’s place, however the leader only noticed he left ‘that’ thing on the sofa. Eric eventually knew it was intentional when he called Dongwan and as a reply he only received breathless laughter.

Eric just sighed and put the box into the wardrobe… next to the other. Because:

“There is no way I could mix them up.”

 

“I MIXED UP THE TWO BOXES!”

The whole apartment complex was echoing from Eric’s desperate screaming. As he was sitting at the floor his face between his palms giving out a voice that cannot be titled as a human’s he imagined his fate if Hyesung opens his box. He would just die shamefully.

“What am I going to do… what to do…” He lied down on the floor doing moves only children do while swearing…and swearing… and swearing. “What am I going to do…”

Then he sat up as if his mind suddenly cleared, took a deep breath and let it out. “That’s right. IF he opens it. But he promised he won’t.” But no matter how hard he tried to calm himself he became even more uneasy. “He is going to open it, there is no way he would not.”

Suddenly he stopped every of his movements and could only look in front of himself with widened eyes. The sentence he had told to Hyesung when he gave him his present was echoing in his mind.

“This is something I want you to wear always or at least as many times as possible. Especially when you are with me. I’m sure it will look good on you”

“Oh no, how could I say something like this… when he sees that thing and remember what I’ve told him… uhuhuh, what a giant scandal…” He said in a thin tortured voice, while he buried his face in his palm, over the floor and while with legs tucked he was rolling around in the room in agony. “I’m so damn dead. I’m dead meat, no way I’ll get away with this…”

Then he suddenly stopped, stood up and started to walk around in the room like Sherlock Holmes when he was deep in his thoughts to figure out a case. This was a very important problem, a very dangerous problem, he had to figure out what to do about it without making Hyesung suspicious. Which was hard, he was like a sly fox – always being on guard.

“Should I call him?” He mumbled to himself. “But he would be just… ah darn it, let’s just call him.”

He took his phone and called Hyesung. For the first try he did not succeed, actually Hyesung blocked the call and this scared Eric instead of pissing him off. What if he had already opened the box?!

He decided not to give up. He called him again and finally Hyesung picked up the phone.

“What?” He sounded displeased. “I’m busy.”

“Can’t you be sweeter when you pick up my call? I’m your boyfriend after all.”

“Why? What do you want? ‘Yes, Honey, why did you call’?”

“Yes, that would be fine.”

“Eric, why the hell are you bothering me…”

For a moment Eric had completely forgot about the reason he called the singer – his voice had always enchanted him, it was like a brainwash. But then he suddenly remembered everything and the calmness caused by Hyesung had disappeared nervousness taking over its place.

“Hyesungie~ You did not open your present, right?” Eric used his sweetest tone he had, but of course he knew Hyesung would just burst out.

“Haaah? You leech, of course I didn’t! I’ve said I won’t, you don’t trust me this much? And yah, I’m busy here, you really bothered me with this? Okay Moon Jeong Hyeok, that’s it.”

Hyesung hang up and the next moment Eric wanted to call him… his phone was turned off or at least Hyesung had completely blocked him.

“I knew I’ll just anger him… now he will definitely watch…”

Eric imagined as Hyesung takes the box, puts it on his lap and takes off the cover and then he sees that thing… He knows Hyesung could be flaming when he was furious, but somehow he was sure this time maybe even Apocalypse could come. Eric did not dare to predict the future-loss, but somehow he had a feeling he will loose a few of his teeth thanks to Hyesung’s famous high kick.

“No, I can’t… he will fall out of love with me without teeth.” He mumbled and kind of chuckled on this crazy idea, but then his face turned serious again. “It’s no time to be joking, this is a big problem. I need to replace that thing into the original present. I can’t let Hyesung find out about this. And I need to kill Kim Dongwan, too.”

Eric took a deep breath, finally managed to put up his clothes. For one last time he called Hyesung, still he could only reach the voice mail, so he gave up on his one last chance to save himself ‘clean’ and in the end hurriedly he left his home.

 

“He left a while ago. We did not have much work about his hair. Sorry.”

When Eric arrived to the hair salon where Hyesung usually goes to cut and dye and do all kinds of things with his hair, this was what the employees replied with a pitiful gaze to Eric’s question if Hyesungie was still there.

He had no luck and after what had happened to him he was not really surprised he could not solve this matter so easily.

After he said farewell to the staff he was standing for a short while in the middle of the street, first trying to call Hyesung again, but after getting talk to the voice mail again he was sure Hyesung had blocked him so he can’t ‘bother’ him. That was surely unlucky so in the end he did not have any choice but to think about what Hyesung had said in the morning about his schedule.

“He said he will have a meeting. There is no way they would finish quickly, so… he must be there.”

And with this Eric had sat into his car and drove to the building of LiveWorks Company.

 

“Sorry, but the meeting was postponed. The chairman had called this morning and so we’ve notified Shin Hyesung-ssi as soon as we could. It’s the same for the recording, it was postponed, too."

The reply was something that discouraged Eric greatly. Hyesung’s two appointments he had known about was postponed not letting him any chances to look for the singer. He still did not answer his calls and honestly, he had no idea where he might be. He thought maybe he had gone home and so he decided to take a risk and go home, too, and take a look. If he was not there… then he had no idea and he could at least prepare himself for death.

He did not have hope not even a bit for Hyesung being at home and so in the end he was right. When he pushed the doorbell of his home no one answered no matter how long he was pushing that button. Normally, Hyesung would have already come out annoyed, but now the whole house was silent and empty.

“Now what to do…” He mumbled to himself as he turned his back to Hyesung’s door and went over to his own home.

He stepped in, powerless kicked off his shoes, dragged himself to the living room and with a jump lied down on the sofa.

“I’m dead.” He said again as he closed his eyes to think and relax.

 

“I’M LATE.”

Eric jumped in surprise when he opened his eyes and took a look at the time. He would not have believed he could fall asleep in a situation like this; however he did and now he wished he could just threw himself into a pit.

“This is so not my day…” He cursed at himself, rubbed his eyes and sighed.

He hurriedly sat up and ran towards the front door and stepped out of his home. Then a few moments later the door opened again and Eric ran in, not even taking off his shoes hurried into the living room for his phone, then ran out again.

He was scared he would cause an accident so even though he just wanted to go as fast as he could he had to take everything slow, especially because he was nervous. Driving while being in this mental state was anything but safe and Eric knew this. So even though he was sure his life was going to end soon he drove slow, maybe slower he should have after all later he arrives the later he dies by Hyesung’s hands. Because he was sure the singer had already taken a look at the inside of the box and saw that thing and now he was only waiting for Eric to arrive.

 

He got out of the car with shaking legs. He finally arrived and he was late badly, he wondered why the members did not call him yet, but did not think about it for a long time, after all he had worse thing to worry about.

He ran to the building, ran to the lift, while being in the lift he tried to catch his breath, then when he arrived to the right floor again he started to run. The destination was not far anymore and as he approached the room he had to go more and more he was already hearing the loud voices of the members.

However when he arrived to the door something had reached his ears that made him froze in that place.

“Come on, open it.” It was Junjin’s voice and Eric was sure he was talking to Hyesung. “He is late, it’s his punishment not to be here when you look into it. I’m curious.”

“You are right.” Hyesung replied.

Eric panicked screamed ‘NO’ and ran into the room directly to Hyesung. The box was in his hands ready to be opened. Eric grabbed the box to take it away from Hyesung, however the singer did not let it go, but pulled it – just the same as Eric.

Both of them were grabbing the present pulling it to their direction only until something terrible had happened:

The box had slipped out of their hands making it fly in the air and with a big noise falling down onto the ground… having the thing inside falling out, too.

That moment Eric knew everything was over it was so sure as if they were standing their glaring at each other. And when Hyesung sighed, walked up to the boy and with a shocked expression he picked up the ‘present’ bought by Dongwan, Eric was one hundred percent sure he won’t make it and he should just give up on the night, too.

“So you want me to wear this thing as many times as possible. Especially when I’m with you.” Hyesung’s voice was threatening and his gaze told Eric he was ready for murder. “Moon Jeong Hyeok. This may be the day I was born, but this is the day of your death.”

The whole room was silent except for Dongwan’s loud laughter.

 

 


 

 

SURPRISE

Hello everyone! :)
Thank you for reading. :)

This story is just a small nothingness for myself from myself for my 20th birthday which is anyway today, 5th May. :) I know it's weird to write yourself a story, and this is not even funny but a bad and insane something... whatever.
(Still, I was waiting for the time to upload it xDD yess mission accomplished xD)

I hope you'll like it.^^