Prologue

Precious

A dark room, with the only sources of light coming from the small cracks on the roof. A throne stood in the middle of the room, with a man in dark robes sitting on it. Eleven other figures were there too, kneeling to him.

 

The man in dark robes stared at them one by one with his bloodred eyes. “Will you promise to serve me forever?”

 

“Yes, My Lord,” all of them echoed.

 

“And will you do anything I ask you to, without asking?”

 

“Of course, My Lord.”

 

“Very well. Then I have a task for you all. A very important one.”

 

Excited but anxious murmurs quickly spread between the eleven of them. This is their first task, and they know if they succeed it, their rank will rise quickly. But if they fail it, death will be upon them immediately.

 

“Silence,” and the throne room was quiet again. “I want you all to find this boy. Protect him for me until I see fit.”

 

“Who is he?” one of them spoke. He was tall with dyed blonde hair and angry-looking eyebrows.

 

“My son.”

 

There were collective loud gasps and another one of them, a short boy with eyes lined with thick kohl blurted out, “You have a son?!”

 

The Dark Lord glared at him sharply and the others held their breaths, fearing that their friend would be blasted into pieces before he could even start this task. But luckily the Dark Lord only turned around, and they sighed in relief. “Yes, I have one. And he will have a very important role in the war.”

 

“Where can we find him?” a mischievous-looking boy with high cheekbones asked.

 

“He’s gonna come to you, and you will know once you meet him. Now, go. And remember, make sure he doesn’t die. For now, no one knows about his existence but if they do, then he can be targeted. It’s your job to make sure it doesn’t happen.”

 

“Will do, My Lord,” all of them echoed again before they all disappeared, leaving trail of black smoke behind them.

 

-

 

 

 

Author's Notes: A short prologue! I've decided to separate this story into chapters, since I had a hard time myself reading my story nonstop. And as this is my first EXO fic, I hope you can support me and give me constructive criticisms! Thank you very much!