1.1

Song Confession

Chapter One.

 

 

It wasn't his dream or his goal to be a dancer. Chanyeol isn't as great as his best friend, Byun Baekhyun.

They had been friends since they were only squirts. Baekhyun is quiet, kind, honest, and nice. But sometimes a prankster. Chanyeol is the opposite; he's noisy, sometimes evil yet kind, and also his creepy grin is always on his lips.

Chanyeol likes how Baekhyun boss him around. He feels like a puppy with a handsome and cute owner.

The giant had always adored the puppy. What Baekhyun wants Chanyeol wants it too. Like what their current situation is- they are in a dance studio, learning a few steps and that's what Baekhyun wants.

A tall tan male stood in front of them with a intense gaze; staring at his pupils.

He may be tall but his age was two years younger at the two pair.

The first impression Chanyeol gave to the tan male is; "Damn, he's hot." Which cause him a painful elbow from his best friend.

Their lesson end early but the exhaustion was overwhelming.

Chanyeol lay flat on the floor with his legs and arms spread widely, Baekhyun's head was place on his left thigh.

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun broke the comfortable silent between them. Chanyeol could only hums. "Suho-hyung asked me about the gig."

Chanyeol sighs and stare ahead on the ceiling, "Would he pay us?"

"Of course! We're talking about Suho hyung here!" Baekhyun rapidly shakes his head and sway his hands on the air, "He would pay us. I dare you."

"Fine, just make him sure that no one can touch you."

"You're in the gig, jerk."

Chanyeol's eyes widen. Not only he's worried about Baekhyun.. Himself as well.

 

Another day on the dance studio made Chanyeol sigh deeply enough for the whole class to hear it, yet because of some certain someone, who filled the whole room as they wait for their instructor. The said person kept on singing while dancing.

"Another tiring day?" A soft voice ask him. He recognizes the owner of the voice as he nodded his head.

"I can't take it anymore." Chanyeol urges.

The said person shrugs his shoulder, "You signed in."

"Well yeah, I did." Chanyeol reply with a mockingly tone.

When the door swing open and their instructor came in with a smirk on his face, he clear his throat; "Hey, guys. I'm getting married!" His serious face and straight face was now replaced by those gummy smiles.

"Congratulations!" A tall man with milky skin, Oh Sehun, beam happily to his instructor.

"Who's the lucky bride?" Baekhyun grin.

"Do Kyungsoo." Their eyes shot wide open and they all scream in unison.

"The DO KYUNGSOO?!"

"Wait, isn't he promoting his album on Thailand?" A person asked. Followed by another person, "That wasn't the point! Jongin-nim and Do Kyungsoo is engaged!"

"How the heck-" Chanyeol started hesitantly, "He's famous, a busy young man, and a straight person, if I got that correct."

"Park Chanyeol," Jongin starts sternly, "Kyungsoo and I were childhood friends and always has been. Then we secretly dated 4 years ago."

"Aww!" Baekhyun squealed like a teenager girl, "I wish Chanyeol and I was like that!"

Chanyeol's cheeks turn a tint of crimson red from what he just heard.

Noticing what he says, Baekhyun quickly reason, "Not that I badly want it. It just feels cute!"

A sharp tingly went through his chest and he quickly lowers his head.

Chanyeol felt like he wants to dig a hole and buried himself deep on it.

As Jongin handed out papers with his name on it, he speaks, "Write your name and address, I want all of you guys to attend my wedding."

Chirps and squealing was heard on Chanyeol's background. His mood swing and he don't feel like squealing with the crowds.

Baekhyun handed him the paper and he notice how gloomy Chanyeol suddenly became. He wants to ask why but ideas flooded to him, 'He must be sad that Jongin is engaged.'

They were walking towards their work place. They both got hired last week on a gay bar, which Chanyeol despised so much yet Baekhyun likes it.

They entered the bar and got greeted by the manager, "Afternoon, kiddos."

Soft and tender soft entered Chanyeol's eyes, he didn't have an energy to look up so he just nodded his head, Baekhyun frown at Chanyeol's reaction.

"What's up with you?" A husky and low soft entered Chanyeol's ear. He didn't look up as he mutters the person's name.

"Just tired, Yifan."

"You don't look like it."

Chanyeol roll his eyes and headed to the employee's room. Baekhyun followed him like a lost puppy.

"You okay?" Baekhyun's voice became Chanyeol's alarm clock, whenever he's in a trance- Baekhyun would wake him up.

He didn't turn around yet he hums to reply his friend, "Are you sure? You seem off."

"Do I?" He sounds a bit surprise to Baekhyun's words.

Baekhyun sighs and nodded, "You are.. Are you sad because Jongin-nim is getting married?"

Chanyeol didn't answer or rather he doesn't want to answer.

He pulls out his uniform and quickly changes into it, not aware on Baekhyun watching him. He pulls out his tank top and replace it with his polo white shirt, ing his pants with a swift second, Baekhyun widens his eyes and blush at the sight.

Chanyeol finish his uniform with a black bow.

As he turns around to find Baekhyun fumbling his own pants with a grunt, he bites his lips and quickly ran out of the room.

The night in the bar was quite hard for Chanyeol. A on his part made him awkwardly hid his groin with a tray while the costumer tried to yank it. He doesn't have a free time to relief; so he decided to hide it.

The worst case about it, Baekhyun is the reason of his growing .

The older male has a schedule on singing on stage while Chanyeol took the chance of taking a break.

While Baekhyun was singing, Chanyeol couldn't admire how talented the older is.

The way Baekhyun's mouth open and all of his chords came out perfectly with the melody that their co-worker, Zhang Yixing aka Lay, play in their piano.

He heard that Baekhyun has a thing to Lay yet the older would deny it.

Chanyeol tried many times to let Baekhyun knows about his feelings. He tried sending Baekhyun hints yet the smaller seems to be an oblivious one. He tried to pretend that he didn't care for Baekhyun yet he failed after seeing Baekhyun crying in front of him. He also tried sending flowers in front of Baekhyun's locker; he failed as well.

"You're way thinking too much." A voice cut his trance and he turn around, seeing Sehun crossing his arms on his chest with a poker face.

"What are you doing here? You're under-aged, man."

"Hey! My birthday was last week! I'm legally 20 now!"

Chanyeol frown and remember the latter's party last week.

"I came here to visit you and comfort you." Sehun says slowly, sinking down on the table and grabs the menu, pouting at the choice of foods he see. "Are all foods here is incredibly expensive?"

"The turnip dish is the cheapest." Chanyeol said with sarcasm.

"I don't like turnip." Sehun whimpers and drop the menu down. "Can I just get two bottle of soju?"

Chanyeol nods and scribble on his pads. "That's all?"

"Well, you can add some chips if you would pay for that."

"Okay, two soju is it." Chanyeol smirks as he walk away, earning a loud whine on the younger.

He places the paper on the counter and rings the bell. A guy with a huge deer eyes walks in where Chanyeol standing and smiles brightly at the taller.

"Oh?" The male's lips form an oblong shape and stare oddly at the giant. "We're out of stock."

Chanyeol blinks and stare at the male, "Out of soju? But a customer wants soju."

"Just give him a normal beer for a while. I'm calling Joonmyeon regarding to that."

Chanyeol nodded and place the beer on the tray, making his way back to the blonde kid.

Sehun squirted his eyes as Chanyeol place the beer on his table.

"This isn't soju." Sehun simply respond.

"We're out of stock. If you like a normal beer, go for it."

"I like beer yet I'm craving for soju."

"Sehun, we don't have soju yet."

The look on Sehun made Chanyeol sighs and grabs the menu, throwing it on Sehun's arms. "Order whatever you want. I'll pay."

Chanyeol regretted making that decision when Sehun ordered two side dish with desert. He should've covered his eyes when the latter pouted.

"Chanyeol?" A familiar call out to him. He looks up and sees a sweaty Baekhyun with a towel on his hands.

"Why are you here in the locker room?"

"Oh, I was just... grabbing my card to pay Sehun's orders."

"Sehun is here? But isn't he under-aged?"

"He's 20 now."

"Oh yeah!" Baekhyun's eyes glitters as he walk pass Chanyeol. "So, why are you still here?" Baekhyun raspy voice gave Chanyeol a tingly feeling on his groin.

"Thinking if I should pay those or let Sehun pay for it."

Baekhyun giggles, "You two never changed. He's your little brother, Yeol. At least treat him."

Chanyeol roll his eyes, "He doesn't even talk formal to me nowadays."

"It's because you weren't even nice to him."

Chanyeol could only scoff as he lock his locker and stare his reflection on the mirror, "You're sweating."

Baekhyun let out soft chuckles. "People kept asking for encore, so I entertain them."

"You never sing for me though." Chanyeol mutters, realizing what he just said, he cover his mouth quickly.

"What was that? Did you say something?" Baekhyun turn his head and raises a brow to Chanyeol, who quickly shakes his head and walk outside without another word.

Chanyeol found Sehun waiting for him at the counter, whereas Luhan, the deer looking guy, was giggling like a teenager at Sehun's flirting words.

"Oh!" Sehun caught the giant moving towards him with a frown plaster at his handsome feature. "I thought you went home."

"I wouldn't. You knew my house." Chanyeol replied with sarcasm.

"Oh my, Chanyeol. This kid is so cute."

"Don't flirt with him, Luhan. He's under-aged."

Sehun elbow the giant and Chanyeol was limping and howling in pain.

The groaning giant has been ignored once the two started to flirt with each other.

Chanyeol glared at the latter; how could he ignore him with Luhan?

 

A deeply sigh escapes Chanyeol's lips as he enter the employee's changing room.

Keeping his head low as he walk towards his locker.

"Are you okay, man?" A raspy voice calls out to him as he was fumbling on his lock.

'This need to get a slap.' He told to his lock.

"I'm fine." He responded back, not taking a full attention to the speaker.

"You don't look like you are okay? Should I take you home? I'll ask Tao to drive you." Yixing speak; tone filled with concern.

"I'm fine." Chanyeol repeats then he sit on the bench, laying his body. "I'm just tired."

"I should really make Tao drive you." Yixing urges yet Chanyeol shakes his head and smiles.

"You don't have to."

"Yixing-ge, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are having their regular routine." Zitao, the said person a while ago by Yixing, jump in to their conversation.

Yixing giggle at Tao's statement.

A high pitched roared was heard as the bathroom door swung harshly open, "Zitao! Where are you?!" Yifan roared. His hair is wet and messy. His clothes, which Chanyeol guessing was his uniform; the white cloth was replaced with dark, brown stains on it.

Tao visibly flinch at the voice and quickly sprint to the door, out to get help.

"Where is he?!" Yifan kept on shouting, every employee was eyeing him and yet no one dare to speak.

As Yifan's eyes scan the whole place; he run to the door and swung it open.

"He was furious about some stupid prank?" Yixing ask, not knowing why Yifan is mad and furious on it.

"It was a good prank, though. I'm guessing Baekhyun is the mastermind of it?" Chanyeol's head turn around to look at the figure walking towards them.

"Hey…" He started, "Tao asked me about the prank!"

"You're still on it."

"Still…" Baekhyun pouted and look away. "Hurry up, giant. We need to get going!"

Chanyeol sighs and stand up, unlocking his locker. "You can go ahead though. I might stay here to take a short nap."

"Idiot." Baekhyun's lips form a teasingly grin. "It's 3AM and I'm craving for some ice cream!"

Chanyeol caught Baekhyun's glittering eyes and he knew, he can't deny those eyes.

"Fine…" Grumble by Chanyeol, "But I'll be the one choosing the flavor."

"No way! Your style of combining two flavors is ridiculous! Bubblegum and Chocolate? What are you, an alien giant?"

"That's offensive." Chanyeol playfully plaster a hurt expression, "It's delicious though."

"I almost threw up! I'm choosing the flavors!" Baekhyun urges, his brows met in the middle and his arms folded on his chest.

Never would Chanyeol thought that he would let Baekhyun boss him, well, he like it though.

"We're eating at your place." Baekhyun added.

"What? No way…"

"Why is that? Because your girlfriend is coming over? Chanyeol, its 3AM in the morning!"

Chanyeol sighs and finally gave up, "Fine, fine. You win."

Baekhyun's arms flew and he threw himself on the giant, hugging the tightly the daylight of Chanyeol while squealing 'Thanks' to the giant.

"Wait for me outside." Baekhyun nodded and run outside of the room.

 

It took Chanyeol 10 minutes to get done. He pulls the handle of the employee's door and steps outside of the said room.

His eyes landed on Sehun, who was currently sitting on the counter with a smirk on his lips.

"Were you waiting for me?" Chanyeol ask casually.

Sehun shakes his head, still grinning.

Puzzled at his friend's mysterious grin, Chanyeol slowly move closer to the latter, an idea pop on his mind and he smirk, "Are you waiting for Luhan?"

Sehun remain quiet and whistle, pretending he didn't hear or see Chanyeol.

Chanyeol continue, "He'll be out soon. I saw him stepping out of the bathroom."

Sehun continue to whistle, ignoring the taller.

Chanyeol walk closer to the latter and when he is closer to the latter; he whisper, "Use protection, will you? I don't want those sticky liquid on your bed sheet- since I'll be doing laundry this week."

Chanyeol quickly walk away, in the background, he could hear Sehun screaming on frustration.

He pushes the main door of the bar open and spotted Baekhyun pacing around, rubbing his palms on his arms.

"Took you so long." Baekhyun pouted, walking closer to the giant. "Was Sehun waiting for you?"

"He's waiting for Luhan." Chanyeol smile, imagining those two dating. "It'll be great to have someone on your side, right, Baek?"

When he didn't hear any respond to his sudden question, he looks at Baekhyun and raises a brow.

The said boy was looking down while fidgeting on his spot.

Wait.

Was Baekhyun really fidgeting?

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol decided to cut the trance of smaller yet Baekhyun was in deep thought.

Chanyeol grab the smaller's wrist and he felt Baekhyun flinched from the sudden action. "Are you okay?" Chanyeol ask, eyeing Baekhyun's, now, flush cheeks.

"Y-yeah!" Baekhyun stuttered and he cursed himself mentally for stuttering.

Chanyeol found it cute as he stare deeply at Baekhyun's eyes.

When Baekhyun felt that Chanyeol was staring at him, he looks straight on the giant's eyes and was caught off guard. He never knew that Chanyeol's adorable eyes were so intense and he felt his body sending shiver on his spine.

Chanyeol's other hand found Baekhyun's cheek, which made the smaller to flinch as well.

"Baekhyun…" Chanyeol mutters, the smaller's skin with his thumb.

Should he say it?

Was it too early?

They had been friends since they were babies.

Chanyeol bit his lower lip, fighting with his mind as well as his heartbeat, which is beating way too loud.

Baekhyun lips slowly parting to speak yet Chanyeol stop him by crashing his lips against the smaller's lips.

Baekhyun flinch, eyes shot wide open at the sudden contact.

They kiss for a moment, within those seconds, Baekhyun didn't kiss him back.

"I love you, Baekhyun." Chanyeol whisper, incoherently for Baekhyun.

"What?" Baekhyun ask, raising a brow. Chanyeol repeated it.

"I said, I love you!" Chanyeol shouts. Biting his lips as his cheeks started to get rosy and heated because of the embarrassment.

Baekhyun remain quiet, for a minute.

"Hyung, this is not the right place to confess." Sehun butted in to the two, who quickly pull away from each other.

"And for your information, not in front of Joonmyeon's bar." Luhan added sarcastically.

Chanyeol send the two a deadly glare and when he turns around to face Baekhyun, the smaller was gone. The giant's head snap up and see the figure, almost a few blocks away from him, running like his life depends on it.

Chanyeol's heart aches, lowering his head and bit back the sob forming on his eyes.

He hears Sehun calling him, Luhan smoothing his back. Baekhyun rejected him.

"He rejected me." Chanyeol cries out.

"Hyung… Maybe he got embarrassed. You know, confessing here; where the both of us would be stepping out." Sehun firmly stated.

Luhan shot him a glare then went back to look at Chanyeol, "Look, you and Baekhyun have been friends since you guys are kids. He needs time, Chanyeol. Don't rush things."

Chanyeol could only nod at Luhan's words as he slowly wiping out the tears had slide through his cheeks.

"Let's go home, hyung. You need to rest." Sehun softly says, wrapping his arm around the giant's waist. "Luhan, let's cancel this date." Sehun sadly whisper.

Luhan nodded and smile at Chanyeol.

As the two walk side to side on the sidewalk, Chanyeol kept his lips sealed, not even smiling at Sehun's weird story.

Finally noticing the giant's silence, he nudge Chanyeol's side with his elbow gently and frown, "Stop thinking about it! Baekhyun-hyung needs some time, hyung."

"He ran…"

"A person would run away from you when you suddenly confessed!"

"Still…"

"Shut your trap, hyung."

"Language, brat." Chanyeol glare at Sehun, which only resulted Sehun to smile.

"Give that puppy some time. I knew, in my view, that guy likes you two."

Chanyeol sighs and started to walk ahead of the blonde. Sehun groan and followed suit.

What if Baekhyun ran away from him because he didn't like him back?

Maybe Baekhyun has a boyfriend or a girlfriend?

Would Baekhyun accept him?

 

 


A/N; Chapter one is done. Sorry for a few mistakes. CTTO of the photo.