Second Chance

Second Chance (Sequel to US2DT)

She walked past the crowd and wondered why there were lots of people around. She even heard some girls were squealing around. She tried to push through the crowd to see what was happening but was unable too. Then, she saw two guys were surrounded by them.  Her eyes widen as she saw them.

“Da-dae hyun?” She called. Thus, it woke her up from her dream. She breathes a mouthful of air and heaved a sigh.

“What was that? Why am I having a dream about him?” She felt her heart in a tinge of pain and little tears escape her eyes.

“You miss him, idiot” she scolded herself.

===========================================

As she arrived in front of the university’s main door, she saw the hallway was full of people. She knew they were newbie like her and some were the seniors of the university. She walked through the crowd and her eyes were wandering around to see any familiar faces. Her eyes stop. Her heart stops beating for a moment and her stomach tighten in a swarmed. She felt the times just stopped for her.  Right before her eyes, not too far from her. There he stood amongst the crowd.

“Is this just another dream?” she thought and started to pinch hard her nose. “Ouch!” She whined in pain and didn’t bother people near her looking at her like she’s some kind of a freak.

“Ye Jin!” someone tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around.

“Jung Ri-ah, am I dreaming? Is it really him there?” she pointed at where she saw him.

“Dae Hyun?” Jung Ri looked and said his name. “What? I thought you said he didn’t attend here”

===========================================

“I’m sorry, Ye Jin-ah” Eun Ji apologized as she sat beside Ye Jin at the cafeteria. “I just got the news that he’s going to attend here. He said it’s a surprise for me and he said he got here because the course that he interest, it’s here, at this university.” Eun Ji explained carefully hoping Ye Jin is not mad at her.

“Aniya, it’s okay Eun Ji. I’m not mad at you or anything. I just felt surprise that he’s here” Ye Jin confessed. Minute later, Jung Ri joined them and sat the opposite of them.

“Second chance” Jung Ri suddenly blurted out.

“Second chance?” Ye Jin repeated Jung Ri’s words

“Yeah, Ye Jin. What if this means it’s your second chance?” Eun Ji caught up at what Jung Ri were about to say.

“You said it so back there that you regretted that you were so late to realize what you were lacked of, your effort. What if this second chance means you can make an effort for him to realise your true feeling for him?” Jung Ri continued.

===========================================

“Dae Hyun” She called him with a small tone. She feels nervous just calling his name. He was with a friend, talking. Dae Hyun notices her right away but wasn’t sure what she was babbling about. She gulps a mouthful of air to gather her courage.

“Dae Hyun” this time with a loud voice and he looked at her.

“Talk to you later” Dae Hyun said to his friend and move forward to Ye Jin. “What’s up?” he smiled. She starts to feel her cheek is burning, her heart thumping insanely and the butterflies in her stomach just won’t stop.

“Hey, are you okay?” He asked worriedly as he sees she isn’t talking

“Er.. can you come with me for a sec?” Ye Jin gathered her courage and lead them to a less crowd place.

“So...” He broke the silence. She took another breathe and tried to find the right word to say to him.

“Can you face the other side?” She requested.

“What?” He chuckled, thought it was a joke.

“Please” he sees that she is serious about it. “O... okay” He obeyed and waited patiently of what she will tell him

“Ehem” She clears . “I know I already confessed to you about my feeling and I’m going to do it again. This time I will just speak whatever comes out from my heart. I like you, Dae Hyun, more as a friend. I like you back then and I still like you since then. But, you must know this too that I’m not and I will not going to force you to like me because I hate the idea of you being force to like me or you sympathize me. I’ll wait, I’ll wait for you to realize my feeling are real to you, I’ll wait the day that you will return my feeling. So, for now, please let me stand by your side. Let me be your friend.” She felt her tears were on verge of dropping. It was never easy right to say out what exactly in our heart? So was for Ye Jin but she was proud of herself that she was able to do so but somehow, she feels afraid of what Dae Hyun would say back.

There were silences for a minute.

“Dae-Hyun?” She called because he isn’t saying anything.

“Why won’t you move on?” He suddenly blurted out and finally, faces her.

“Mov-move on?” She was taken aback and felt a rush of anger but she held on. “Do you think moving on is easy?” She asked him back and tick away her about-to-fall tears.

“Do you think moving on is like counting numbers?” She added. “Is it a sin for me to like you?”

She sighed as she sees how Dae Hyun was speechless.

“Just at least let me try” She said.

“Okay. But, I can’t promise you I will return your feeling” He reminded.

======================================

A month passed and after another, without realise Dae Hyun is leaning on to Ye Jin. She becomes his place to tell his problem to. They became good friend again or even best-est friend.

“Ye Jin, I think I like this girl in one of my class. I had been watching her for a month” He said, forgetting how Ye Jin felt for him. She felt pain but also, she is happy for him as she sees how he smiled happily.

“Oh, what is her name?” She bitterly smiled.

“Ji Ahn Mi” He dreamily said as if he images the person’s face. “I’m going to confess to her”

She felt her heart crack.

She felt suffocated but this is right, right? If he is happy then she is happy too? However, pain just overtakes her heart. She wanted to cry but she knew she couldn’t cry in front of him to make him feel guilty.

“Yeah, I think you should” She smiles forlornly.

“How I wish I was her” She whispered in her heart.

==============================================

“Yah, babo! I think you should stay away from him, from now on” Jung Ri scolded. “I can’t stand that jerk just act casual with you and just forget your feeling for him” She continued

“Can’t agree more” Eun Ji timidly agree. Eun Ji didn’t know whose side she should be with but she knew Dae Hyun was at fault and she couldn’t side to him just because he is her best friend.

“Aish, that pabo” she scolded Dae Hyun secretly.

“I’m fine, guys. It’s not his fault. It’s me who wanted this. If he still can’t return my feeling then I’m fine becoming someone he could lean on. At least, we are best friend now” She said. It would be a lie if she said she’s not in pain whenever she sees how that girl could make Dae Hyun smile happily. She wanted to be that person to make him smile like that, she wanted her fingers intertwined with his and to able to share each kisses but this is not a fairy tale and she knows it.

“Hey girls” Dae Hyun cheerily greeted the three girls while one of his arm around his so called girlfriend’s shoulder.

“Hey” Ye Jin greeted. Jung Ri shot a death glare at them and Eun Ji notice it that she stepped on one of Jung Ri’s foot to stop her glaring.

“Ouch!! What was that for?!” She exclaimed 

“Stop being obvious” Eun Ji muttered loud enough for Jung Ri to hear. Then she faked a sweet smile at the couple.

“We’ll be heading to class now” Dae Hyun said as he intertwined his hand with his girl. 

“Are you sure you are fine when you see them like that together?” Jung Ri sarcastically said and stomp off as she’s so mad at Ye Jin for being a fool in love.

=======================================

For 2 years, Dae Hyun being in a relationship and that relation just broke easily like a mirror that broke into millions of pieces.  He found her cheating behind his back with another man.

“I can’t believe she’s doing this to me” He sorrowful said to Eun Ji.

“You know that feeling like a knife cut through your heart? It hurts” He added as his eyes redden

“Then you should know how Ye Jin feels” She muttered in a low tone.

“Did you say something?” He asked as he sees his best friend’s mouth was moving.

“Then you should know how Ye Jin feels, Dae Hyun. She may be feeling much worse than you” She said her usual tone. Her eyes were on verge of crying as she recalled Ye Jin, she knew the latter would give up anytime but she didn’t and had been strong until now. She knew she was in pain all along but she didn’t show them however it was written in her eyes.

“Eun Ji. What’s wrong?” Dae Hyun worriedly asked as he never sees Eun Ji so sad like this.

“If you didn’t like her, you should say it to her. Don’t make her wait don’t make her hope that you would return her feeling and don’t make her suffer” Eun Ji looked straight into Dae Hyun’s eyes to make him realise that he had hurt Ye Jin badly.

As Dae Hyun walked home, his minds echo Eun Ji’s word.

“Then you should know how Ye Jin feels, Dae Hyun. She may be feeling much worse than you”

“If you didn’t like her, you should say it to her. Don’t make her wait don’t make her hope that you would return her feeling and don’t make her suffer”

“Dae Hyun! You are worse than a jerk!” He scolded himself as he remembered now about Ye Jin’s feeling toward him.

Don’t make her suffer” these words keep on repeating in his mind and guiltiness started to well up in his heart.

“What have  I don-“ suddenly a phone call interrupted. He heavily took it out from his pocket and his eyes widen as he sees the caller id.

“Ye Jin?” He answered the phone.

“Hey, just checking up on you. I know what will make you feel better” Ye Jin said on the other line. He feels misery when Ye Jin being nice like this. He shouldn’t have talked his problems to her and hurt her unintentionally.

“Erm, yea. I’m just fine. So what’s the plan?” He lied.

“I’m sorry, Ye Jin” his mind shouted

“My design classmate is having a small prom for us, designers but we are allowed to bring our own partner. It’s going to be fun so would you like to become my partner?” She hoped a ‘yes’ for an answer.

“Say yes so that tomorrow after the prom you are going to tell her you are sorry” He whispered in his heart.

“Yea, sure” He responded.

==============================================

(let’s skip the prom part)

“See? I told you it’s going to be fun” Ye Jin cheerily said as both of them in Dae Hyun’s car.

For the first time, Dae Hyun really looked at her that he found her adorable.

 “Oh God, Why is this girl so in love with me? I’m not even treating her so well” He felt the guiltiness again.

“Hey” She snapped him to reality.

“Oh, sorry” He apologized and it cause her to chuckle. Again, for the first time, he realise her chuckle and it send a signal to his stomach.

“You look distracted. You still sad about her?” She worriedly asked

“No but Ye Jin, I want to say something to you” He properly arrange his words and started.

“I think this is not right, Ye Jin. Us being friends. I constantly hurt you whether it’s unintentionally or intentionally. I don’t deserve to have a great friend like you.  I’m sorry that I’m too late to realise this. Ye Jin, I think let’s not see each other again. Even if we did met, I hope we could still be normal friends. I don’t want to keep you close and had you hurt again. Please stop hurting yourself. Just move on” Dae Hyun looked straight into her.

She felt her heart just stop beating. She didn’t saw this was coming, it was unexpected. She wanted to scream stop at him. Stop, because she felt suffocated of the thought they can’t be like what they are now, so close. However, she knows this is what she needed to hear from him. She needed to stop being hopeful and respect his decision.

“If this is what you want. But, I can’t promise you that I will eventually move on so if you tried to push me away, you don’t need to bother. My feeling is mine, I’ve never forced them on you. ” She said what she want and accept his decision as she never wanted him to feel that she is just a burden to him. At least, she got her answer.

“But before I go, I want you to have one thing” Ye Jin stop and waited Dae Hyun to look at her. She knew her timing is now as once Dae Hyun looked at her.

“I want you to have my first kiss” She said and kissed his lip as this was really her first kiss. She wanted him to have it as it had been in her mind, she wants him to be the first person she shared her first kiss. Her tears started to flow as she knew she wouldn’t have the chance again to be close to him like these whole 2 years. The sudden kiss hit him as he recalled these 2 years, Ye Jin had been there for him during his up and down moments, he feels comfortable to have her around and how the kiss was just right. He didn’t feel the pain of losing his girlfriend but instead he thought something else

“Good bye, Dae Hyun” She was about to open the door.

“This is not right” as he thought his life without her. Thus, without second thought, Dae Hyun pulled her into a passionate kiss. She was taken aback at his action but goes along.

“I think this is crazy but I had fallen in love with you, Ye Jin” He confessed as they broke the kiss

“What?” she was dumbfounded

“I know right this is crazy? But the thought of not having you in my life I feel my world would just collide at any moment” Ye Jin looked into his eyes to look for the true.

“I- I love you, Ye Jin” Dae Hyun confessed the three words without hesitation and kisses her again

“I love you, Dae Hyun” Her tears of joy started to shed. At least her effort is worth the fight. 

 

==================================================

Sorry if the chapter is short and crappy. Thank you for supporting. Comment & Upvote? =) pretty_rania1, I hope you love the ending ^^ anyway, please read the foreword cause I need help about something ^^ 

Well, this story isn't base on my real life experience but I wish this is what will happened to me but oh well, this is life right? =)

enjoy~