Rules

Rules
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is unedited, so I apologize in advance for the many typos that I know are present :/ Anyway, enjoy this and please comment- tell me what you think

 

It was a full four months after the incident that Dongwoo went back to promoting with Infinite.

In total, it had been nearly a year since that tragedy, but everyone knew that Dongwoo was still not the same. I couldn't do much but be there when he needed me, but even then, it seemed as if everything I did was useless in the end. He remained nearly unresponsive at times, stuck in extended bouts of self-loathing the rest of the time.

I saw this, Infinite saw this, the company saw this, and even the fans saw this. He would put up a front for the crowd, his wide smile making its reappearance, but it never reached his eyes. It wasn't hard to detect the deceit in such an action. 

He didn't put up that facade around the group. No, when we were rehearsing or when we were back at the dorm, he allowed his true feelings to be on full display. I'm not sure which I would have preferred more. True, I would be offended if he didn't trust us with how he really felt, but seeing his actions vary from zombie-like to frantic and panicked is quite disconcerting.

This is not to say that he hasn't smiled for real in a year. Dongwoo is able to have fun. He will smile and joke around with us without seeming as distant as usual, but those moments are now few and far between.

I cracked. We took Dongwoo to see a specialist after a year of him denying it was necessary, and he was predictably diagnosed with depression. He was given medication that he insisted he wouldn't be taking, but he's been on them for a week now. For that week, he's hardly spoken a single word to any of us; he was angry at our betrayal- how we disregarded his personal interests and took him to see a psychiatrist anyway. Honestly, though, I couldn't see any other way at this point- I was genuinely worried he might destroy himself over this.

He doesn't look after himself and I knew I had to do something. Putting him on antidepressants was one thing, but how could he get better without someone close to him knowing what they were doing? I had no clue how to deal with someone with depression, seeing as I'd never been up close in a depressed person's business before. No one that I've ever personally known has had to suffer through this illness, so I was at a total loss on what was actually helpful. 

So far, I'd only gotten pushed away to the point that we usually don't even sleep in the same bed anymore, and oftentimes I'll find him sleeping on the couch. I've insisted many times that if it would make him more comfortable, I would sleep on the sofa so he could have our bed, but of course, he refused.

It was dragging me down. Hell, sometimes I felt that I was the one suffering here, only because I took his problems on as my own. I tried to carry the burden for him, but once I realized that it isn't actually helping anyone, I stopped. I stopped and I thought- what could I do to reverse depression?

And the only result I came to was- there is nothing. Depression can't be reversed. But that doesn't mean I couldn't make his life enjoyable again. Maybe I can't balance out the chemicals in his brain, but I can help him in anything and everything. Depression isn't his life, it's his illness- and he is not an illness; he is a person who is suffering.

That new outlook inspired me to create a set of rules. With proper research combined with my detailed personal observations of Dongwoo's behaviour, I'm sure I can come up with some guidelines to help me restore this man's carefree attitude and hopefully make this a great deal easier for him to handle.

One year prior~

"Hoaegi, hurry up! I don't want to be late!" an impatient rapper chastised me from the front hall of the dorm.

"Just one more second!" I shouted back from our bedroom, fixing my hair in the mirror again. It wasn't like me to be vain, but I'd never actually met Dongwoo's family before, and I only wanted to make a perfect first impression. 

I heard his exasperated sigh from where I was and I couldn't help but smile as I turned away from the mirror and grabbed my jacket on the way out of the room. "I'm here," I called to him and he smiled right back.

"You look great!" he complimented enthusiastically, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to the door. "Now let's go!"

Not another word was spoken until both of us were in the car- he was driving and I stayed nervously in the passenger's seat, waiting as he drove me to what I'd been so anxious about for weeks now.

"Howon, you seriously need to calm down," he said nonchalantly as he pulled out onto the main road.

I chuckled and held onto his hand that had been resting on the gear shift. "I'm nervous, is that so wrong? What if your parents won't accept me?"

I saw him give a half-smile, but he kept his eyes on the road in front of him. "I'm pretty sure my family is about as nonjudgemental as it gets. They would probably be okay if I was dating a drug dealer as long as I loved them. Besides, at least this isn't as bad as when I met your family- you're lucky I don't have any aunts, uncles, or cousins to torture you with!"

I laughed at that, because it was true. I took him back to my hometown with me one night last month, telling him he would be meeting my family. I neglected to inform him, however, that he would be meeting me whole family. It must have been terrifying and intimidating to be put in a situation like that, but I don't regret it. Everyone loved him and accepted him right away, so I probably have nothing to fear with his own small family either.

"You're right, I'll stop worrying," I grumbled, but the grin never left my face.

"I, for one, am really excited!"

"Why's that, babe?" I mused.

He bit his lip to keep his giant smile at bay, and I found it to be one of the cutest things I'd ever seen. "Because I talk to my noonas about you all the time and I can't wait to show you off for real," he replied. "I'm excited because I know everybody will love you and it will all be perfect, I know it."

I squeezed his hand as opposed to replying, feeling my nerves return all of a sudden. What if I screw up, and this won't turn out how he hopes for it to be? I know he gets really high expectations, and even if he tries to hide it, he does get very disappointed when things like this don't work out the way that he intends for them to go.

Soon enough, though, we arrived at his childhood home. It was small and quaint, looking like the ideal home for a small family- like one you'd see on television, and it instantly had the corners of my lips turning up. It's just as I had expected it to be. He parked quickly, already dragging me along to the front door. He was practically vibrating in his shoes as he waited for someone to answer the door, and it was obvious he'd given up trying to hide his grin.

"Dongwoo-ah!" an elderly woman opened up the wooden door gently before throwing open her arms, blocking him access to the house until he gave her a hug, to which he obviously complied.

"Grandma-" he called back and allowed himself to be pulled into her tight embrace. "I missed you! You've been taking your medicine, right? My dad isn't giving you too much trouble is he? You know he means well-"

"Everything is perfect, Dongwoo," she assured him with a laugh, pulling away stiffly and wobbling back to allow us both to enter. "You must be Howon," she addressed me, reaching forward. I thought she was going to shake my hand, but the next thing I knew, I was in her arms. I was a bit shocked at first, but soon enough, I hugged her back as Dongwoo laughed at us from beside.

"It's very nice to meet you, ma'am," I said as politely as I could once she had released me.

"So polite!" she declared, looking to Dongwoo, who only beamed and replied with "Isn't it cute?"

I gave a sheepish smile at that, a bit embarrassed, but it didn't seem that I did anything wrong, so I allowed myself to relax a bit. "Well, come on in, both of you," she urged, sending us deeper into the home so she could close the door. "Dinner is almost ready." The two of us followed her welcome and took off our shoes.

I saw the way she smiled gratefully at Dongwoo when he held her arm and led her to the kitchen with us, supporting her slightly. I instantly saw where that iconic smile of his came from- it was clearly something that ran in the family.

"Dongwoo!" a higher pitched voice came out of nowhere before Dongwoo was attacked with another hug. "Let me take your coats," his sister said, politely gathering up both of our jackets before returning to us. She looked me up and down in the middle of the hallway, grinning evilly. His other sister approached as well, giving her proper greetings to her brother before joining the other in inspecting me.

"He's hotter in person, you picked a good one, Dongwoo-ah," one of them said.

"So true, I'd take you in a heartbeat if you weren't dating that loser," the other joked as she pointed back towards Dongwoo.

His eyes were wide and a bright red blush painted his cheeks beautifully as his grandmother hurriedly agreed with the girls. "If you guys ever break up, give me a call!" she exclaimed, busting a gut laughing as she held herself up with Dongwoo's arm. He looked so adorably flustered, and I'd never seen him like this before. He was trying to laugh it off, but obviously family knew how to really embarrass someone, and he didn't look like he'd be recovering from those comments any time soon.

I grinned too, winking at his grandmother playfully as I approached and offered my own arm to take her off of the unhinged man's hands. Both of his sisters were pleased with their work, so I leaned forward to softly kiss him on the lips, allowing my eyes to stare deeply into his and my thumb to trace across his cheekbone gently for just a moment before turning away to lead the elderly woman on to the kitchen.

I'd tried to tell him silently that I would never leave him for his sisters or for his grandmother (though that situation was ridiculous in and of itself, but honestly, what else could I expect from Dongwoo's family?). I didn't turn back, already knowing that his blush had only intensified but he now had a sincere, content smile in place. I did hear his noonas giggling, though, before I entered the kitchen and sat his grandmother down onto a chair. Dongwoo joined me moments later, followed by the two other girls still pestering him.

"Mom," he called out, and said woman looked up from her cooking to see all of us together. 

"Dongwoo, my baby," she cooed, shuffling around the counter in her slippers with her arms already wide. He grinned again and shook off the previous awkwardness as he embraced his mother. They stayed that way for quite a while, squeezing the life out of one another, and if it wasn't such a cute reunion, I would have felt a bit awkward over here by myself.

She pulled away first, though, and then glanced at me over Dongwoo's shoulder.

"Howon, welcome to our home, it's a pleasure to meet you," she greeted cheerfully as she moved away from her son to give me a hug as well. And this time, I was prepared for the affection that was so characteristic of the Jang family. 

"It's very nice to meet you too, Mrs. Jang. Thank you so much for your hospitality. I am so honoured to meet the woman responsible for this," I grinned, motioning to Dongwoo's whole being.

She laughed at me, but it wasn't in a bad way. "Such a charmer! That will get you far," she replied as she returned to her place by the stove to finish up dinner. "We'll talk more once dinner is ready, why don't you go keep your father company in the living room?"

"Mhm," Dongwoo replied enthusiastically, grabbing my hand and hurrying off to see his father. When we were out of the kitchen and in the hallway, he turned toward me with sparkling eyes. "I told you not to be worried," he whispered excitedly.

I grinned and stopped him from walking for a brief moment as I used my free hand to weave my fingers through his hair. Instead of giving a verbal reply, I kissed him thoughtfully, utterly pleased with how this was turning out. There really was nothing to worry about. He removed his hand from mine in favor of grabbing onto my waist to deepen the kiss. My other hand now rested on the back of his neck to tilt his head the way I wanted, when-

"Yah! Mom said to go to the living room, not make out in the hallway!" 

Dongwoo pulled away immediately, the blush back on his cheeks (and seemingly permanently this time). "He started it!" he yelled, accusing me before grabbing my hand and running back towards the living room so he wouldn't have to hear any smart- responses from his sister. His family surely was amusing at the least; tonight wouldn't be boring.

"Dad, I'm home," he called out into the room, and I saw the man sitting on the sofa reading a book. He grinned widely as he closed the novel and set it to the side, standing to greet his son.

"Welcome home, Dongwoo-ah. It's about time you paid us a visit. And you've kept your boyfriend to yourself for far too long. Were you worried he wouldn't pass my criteria?" he joked.

Dongwoo, though, looked a bit panicked all of a sudden. "Criteria?"

"Of course I have criteria. I need to make sure this man is worthy of my son."

"Dad, you only do that for girls! It's supposed to be the daughter of an overprotective father, not the son!" he whined cutely.

Mr. Jang raised his eyebrows at that. "Well who's idea was it to bring a boy home?" he pushed, not seeming disapproving or insensitive, just trying to embarrass Dongwoo further.

Dongwoo huffed in defeat and released his grip on my hand. "Fine, you win that one. But I'm not a girl."

"Did I say you were a girl?" the man laughed at his son's grumpy attitude. "Quit acting like a kid and introduce us," he said with a welcoming smile.

Dongwoo's face brightened up immediately. "Dad, meet Howon. I'm sure you've seen a lot of him. And Howon, meet my dad," he said, holding my hand again now as he looked up at me expectantly.

We greeted one another and I could tell he definitely had more to say, but I was glad we were called in for dinner just then. We were led back to the kitchen where I was directed to my temporary place at the table. Mrs. Jang led us in a prayer before we were all seated and serving ourselves. Conversation was comfortably light for a while, just questions on how long we've been dating and about my family.

That is, until his sisters took control of the conversation.

"Do you guys have ?"

Dongwoo stood up immediately, so incredibly embarrassed that he was ready to leave the kitchen, but I grabbed his wrist, laughing at the silliness that is this family. I tugged him back to sit down, and he didn't resist until his mother spoke back up.

"Of course they do, look at them! You can't keep two attractive young men off of each o-"

"I don't want to hear it!" his other sister complained, covering her ears with his hands. 

I pulled his hand harder until he plopped back into his chair and buried his face into his hands. I was still laughing as I rubbed his back sympathetically, fully understanding how family is able to annoy you so greatly, but I wasn't feeling as awkward as he was right now. "Don't be embarrassed, Woo," I leaned down to whisper in his ear as he hid from the world. 

Unfortunately, the rest of the night passed in much the same manner, with Dongwoo's cheeks perpetually flared up in shades of pink and red while the rest of his family enjoyed themselves fully, drinking and laughing the night away.

"Let me make dessert!" he now quite drunk mother insisted, standing and making her way back towards the stove. I almost refused, honestly fearing for her safety with a flame right now with as much alcohol as she and everyone else but Dongwoo and I had consumed, but I knew she would be safe with other people here to prevent anything from happening. 

We did have a wonderful time, and I was very pleased that Dongwoo's night had, in fact, exceeded his initial expectations and that my fears had turned out to be useless. It was already around 11 in the evening by the time we bid everyone farewell. I laughed at the drunken goodbyes and received many kisses on the cheek. Dongwoo, however, jealous at their affection, pulled me away and out of the house.

"Shouldn't we check to make sure they all get to bed okay and don't pass out on the stairs?" I joked as we both made our way back to the car.

"They'll be fine, trust me," he insisted. "They do this all the time." The two of us got in and Dongwoo started the engine. Before he pulled away, though, he leaned over the center console to kiss me again. "Thank you Howon, I had a really good time tonight."

"I'm glad, baby, so did I. You shouldn't be thanking me, though."

He grinned and sat back in his own seat, fastening his seatbelt while I did the same. "I'm just happy, Hoaegi. I'm happy that they like you and you like them, even after all of those... questions."

I smiled back as we pulled out of the driveway and made our way back to our own dorm. Only Sunggyu was still awake when we arrived. It wasn't often we got weekends off, so the others were taking the extra sleep time to their advantage; Sunggyu was only awake to make sure we got home okay.

"Hyung, we're home," Dongwoo greeted quietly so as not to wake the others in the dorm.

"Ah, did you two have fun?" he asked as we hung our jackets up and took our shoes off.

"Yes, so much," Dongwoo gushed. Sunggyu turned off the television now that he could finally go to bed. "I'm glad, everything went well then?" the leader asked, to which I nodded, smiling sheepishly as I knew he was referring to how he had been attempting to calm my nerves down just yesterday.

"Good, I'm going to get to bed. Sleep well, guys. Oh, and don't forget to turn off your alarms so you don't wake up in the morning," he said with a grin as he turned to go to his bedroom.

I pulled Dongwoo towards our own room, where clothes were quickly discarded. Fading sighs, whispered love confessions, and the sound of slow movements of skin on skin were all that was heard in the room late into the night.

I awoke to a pitch black room. I was surprised to not feel Dongwoo beside me, since there wasn't any sunlight coming into the room. It wasn't morning yet, so I assumed he was taking a short trip to the bathroom. I closed my eyes again and waited a few minutes for him to return, but when I heard and felt nothing, I began to get a bit concerned.

I sat up slowly and grabbed my cellphone groggily, checking the time to see it was a bit past 5 in the morning. I sighed, still trying to wake myself up, and flicked on the lamp on my bedside table. Once my eyes became accustomed to the light, I glanced over at Dongwoo's side of the bed and beyond. His clothes were no longer on the ground, and his phone wasn't on his side table either. I crawled out of bed and threw on a pair of sweatpants and a tank top before leaving the room to search for him.

The hall was silent, and so was the rest of the dorm. I didn't hear any creaking floor tiles of someone up walking around at this hour, and the TV wasn't on. After making my way through the whole dorm, I was more than worried that I couldn't find him anywhere. It was a possibility that he was in one of the others' rooms, though, since I hadn't checked in any of their bedrooms. 

I came to Sunggyu's single bedroom first, and I pried open the door as quietly as I could to avoid any creaking noises it may make. I peaked my head in and immediately heard the leader stirring in bed. "Who's there?" he mumbled sleepily, sounding as if he wasn't fully awake yet.

"Sorry hyung," I apologized sincerely. "I didn't mean to wake you up. I was just looking for Dongwoo." A thought dawned on me then- he was the leader, if Dongwoo had to leave suddenly, he'd probably tell him so he could be on top of things. "You haven't seen him, have you? Did he tell you he was going anywhere?"

I was probably speaking a bit too fast for his sleep-riddled mind to keep up, but after a few moments of his processing my concerns, he sat up. "No, he didn't tell me anything. Is he not at the dorm?"

I bit my lip and shook my head, opening his door a bit further so I could enter while he the lamp by his bed. If I weren't so worried right now, I probably would have laughed at his bedraggled appearance. He had hair sticking up everywhere, his shirt was wrinkled, and his lips were in a loose pout as his eyes squinted even further. "Did you call him?" he asked.

"No, I was searching the dorm first. I'll go call now." I left his bedroom and made my way back to my own where I'd left my cellphone. I dialed his number and as it was ringing, Sunggyu had made his way to my room and was leaning against the doorframe now, watching me as I sat on the edge of the bed with his arms crossed and eyebrows knit in concern.

I was honestly a bit surprised that Dongwoo did answer my call. "Howon," he answered in an exhausted voice.

"Dongwoo-ah, where are you? Are you okay?" I didn't want to sound overbearing, but my concern outweighed almost every other rational thought at the moment. All I could do was speculate and hope that he was okay.

"I'm... I'm at the hospital..." he responded. My eyes went wide and Sunggyu took a step closer at my reaction, still confused at the situation.

"What? Why? Are you okay? You should have woken me up," I insisted before stopping myself there so I didn't overwhelm him to the point that he couldn't respond because I threw too much at him at once.

"I- I got a call," he whispered. "It was around 3, they told me-" he cut himself off to take a deep breath. And then another. And another.

When it became apparent that he wasn't capable of conversing properly, I took it as my cue to speak back up. "I'm going to come, okay? You stay there and I'll be there in no time... Is that okay?"

"Yes," was the only response I got, and my heart dropped. Something was seriously wrong. "I love you baby, wait for me. I'll be with you before you know it." I hung up then, getting to my feet immediately. "I've got to go," I told him. "He said he got a call to go to the hospital, I need to go meet him."

"What?" Sunggyu questioned incredulously as I passed him on my way to the front door. "Let me come; I'll drive," he insisted, grabbing his car keys and throwing on his shoes to keep up with me, and the two of us left together. I was thankful for his company and his offer to drive, I was far too frantic to do much of anything right now.

"What happened?" he questioned halfway through the tense, silent drive.

"I- I don't know, he couldn't say. He sounded upset."

"Was he crying?" the leader asked sympathetically, expecting that to be the case. I would have expected that, too, but he wasn't. "No.. No, he just sounded off," I replied dryly.

He nodded his head grimly and we rode in silence the rest of the way. When he was pulling into the parking lot, he spoke up again. "You should call him back so we know where to meet him," he advised.

I nodded, obeying his request. Everything was honestly a blur for me at that point. I remember receiving a tentative location from Dongwoo and informing Sunggyu since I hadn't any idea of how to get there. Apparently, he didn't either, and he asked a nurse at the front desk where we entered and she pointed us in the right direction. It was all confusing and moving so quickly.. until I saw Dongwoo at the opposite end of the long hallway that Sunggyu and I had arrived at.

"Dongwoo-ah," the leader called, breaking into a jog to cover the distance as the rapper met his gaze and I trailed right behind Sunggyu. Dongwoo was running right back at us, and he didn't even slow down as he threw himself into the leader's arms. 

"What happened, Woo?" the eldest asked as I came around behind Dongwoo and pressed my entire front to his back, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist so he could feel both of us. I rested my hands on his stomach, and Dongwoo had one of his hands on mine and the other holding onto the front of Sunggyu's shirt as he absorbed the comfort coming from both of us into his trembling body.

He took several shaky breaths before shaking his head, signalling that he wasn't ready to talk. Sunggyu and I shared a brief look over the shorter man's shoulder before we both moved to hold him tighter.

We shushed him soothingly and breathed deeply with him, my entire being wanting nothing more than for Dongwoo to be okay after whatever had just happened. It couldn't have been any less than an hour when Sunggyu moved to pull away, tired of standing so still on his feet for this long. Dongwoo, though, wasn't ready for that and his grips on both of us tightened tremendously. "No, please," he begged in a strained whisper, still needing the physical contact.

Sunggyu nodded and pulled Dongwoo gently towards the empty attatched waiting room where he sat him down on an uncomfortable looking sofa. It was just big enough for two, so I sat beside him while Sunggyu knelt in front. Dongwoo leaned over onto me, and I turned my upper body slightly so I could hold him in a more comfortable way while Sunggyu held onto both of his hands in his lap.

"My family.. My- my whole family," he mumbled under his breath, his voice and his body still shaking uncontrollably.

"What happened to them, baby?" I pushed a bit. He pulled his legs up so his knees were by his chest and wrapped his arms around them with his hands resting by his feet- still holding onto the leader's hands. His head lulled defeatedly against my collarbone as his tense muscles all relaxed quite suddenly. 

"There was- it was.. Fire, there was a fire," was all that he could utter, clearly still in somewhat of a shock. "My whole family, Howon, all of them- they couldn't- it was.. so big.. theyr'e all-" he cut himslf off with a great exhale and didn't start speaking again.

My eyes widened. Was his whole family in the hospital? Was it a house fire? I didn't push any further, though, not knowing how he would possibly react to me pressuring him to speak before he was ready to do so. Instead, I shushed him again and smoothed his hair down. I bit my lip when Dongwoo's trembling intensified, and Sunggyu began singing softly. It seemed to calm him down enough, and within mere minutes, he was asleep against my chest.

My eyes were still open wide, unable to belive such a turn of events. What had been a near perfect night had turned out to be a disaster, and I still didn't know what had even happened. If his family members were admitted to the hospital, why was he standing alone in the empty hall instead of being with them? None of this added up, and my worries were flying through my head at a mile a minute.

"What's going on?" Sunggyu whispered, sounding just as distressed as I was feeling. I shook my head. I didn't know. My breathing was speeding up in my panic- I'd never seen Dongwoo like this before. I'd seen him cry when he was sad, but now, it seemed as if he was too upset to even cry, and that's what disturbed me the most about this. He couldn't articulate much of anything, and being out of the loop was driving me crazy. I didn't know how to help if I didn't know what I was helping with.

Sunggyu sighed and sat down off of his knees, now cross-legged on the floor with his hands still holding loosely onto Dongwoo's. We remained sitting there in silence for some time more until a nurse walked by. She glanced into the waiting room on her way by, and did a double take when she saw us.

She stepped into the room cautiously. "If you want, you can take him home whenever he's ready. Tell him when he wakes up that we've handled the rest of it."

Sunggyu and I nodded our heads. "Ah, would it be alright if we left through the back doors? Fans, you know..." the leader trailed off. It was now a regular hour of the morning, and we may be spotted. The nurse agreed, feeling sorry for us idols, and then she turned to leave with a sad, sympathetic glance to the sleeping Dongwoo. I was tempted to ask her what was going on, but felt that would be disrespectful to Dongwoo. I felt that I should handle this with him rather than with some random nurse. Sunggyu seemed to have the same thought as he stood up then.

"Should we go?" he asked, just as his phone started ringing. He held up a finger to show he needed a moment as he stepped a few feet away to answer the call. "Hello?"

I listened to him speaking since there was nothing else to do right now and I appreciated a short break of my insane concern for the man in my arms. 

"Ah, yes, everything's fine, Yeol-ah. We were just about to head home... Yeah, don't worry about it, we'll fill you in later... Okay, bye. See you soon." He hung up and shoved the phone back into the front pocket of his pajama pants. "Okay, we should go back. It's already almost 7:30. Sungyeol and Sungjong are already awake."

I nodded.

"I'll go get the car and bring it around the back, alright? You just wait there for me, okay?" he confirmed, and I just nodded again. He came over with a sigh and lifted Dongwoo carefully off of me until I stood up and took him back into my arms. I shifted him around as gently as possible so I wouldn't wake him up before making my way in the opposite direction of Sunggyu to wait by the secluded, back entrance to the hospital.

It didn't take too long for Sunggyu to arrive, and when he did, I laid Dongwoo in the back seat and climbed back there as well, situating his head on my lap. As the leader began to drive again, I sighed deeply, looking out at the morning light filling the city with an ironically cheery feel.

"Thank you for coming with me, hyung," I spoke to Sunggyu sincerely. I wouldn't have been able to handle this without his help. I would probably be too upset to drive home right now, and I wouldn't even want to not be holding Dongwoo even just for the time the drive took.

"It's no problem Howon, I'm always here for my brothers."

He was, too. He was such a supportive leader and I was so thankful to have him in charge of us. Even just last night he'd sacrificed his own sleep to make sure we made it home alright, and early this morning, he got out of bed when he was worried about Dongwoo without a single complaint spoken the entire time. I spent the rest of the ride watching Dongwoo's face instead of making myself upset by looking at all the happy people walking around the sidewalks.

I brushed my fingers through his hair softly, but he must have been so tired to have fallen asleep so quickly that I didn't think I'd wake him up with gentle touches. I watched over his facial features as they remained tensed even in his sleep. His eyes were closed a bit too tightly and with a slight touch to his cheek, I could tell his jaw was clenched.

I don't know how many times I'd sighed since I woke up

Please log in to read the full chapter