Chapter 5

Love Story

 

“Dad, I want to get married”

I told my dad 2 weeks after the night Wooyoung proposed to me.

“What? You want to get married?” I heard dad’s laughter. “Are you trying to pull my legs, Tae?”

He really thought I’m joking.

“No I’m serious, dad.”

“Do you know what you’re saying?” Dad asked again, refuse to believe me.

“Yes I know. I’m really serious. I’m getting married.”

“What about Doojoon, Tae? What will I say to his parents? Your mom will definitely disapprove.”

I sighed. I knew my parents will go against my decision to marry Wooyoung. Furthermore, they have already planned on marrying me off to their best friend’s son, Doojoon, after my graduation. I knew it’s not going to be easy.

“Dad, can you please respect my decision? I don’t want to marry any guys other than Wooyoung! I’m getting married next week. I just want your blessings.”

“You want my blessings?? Over my dead body! I sent you overseas to study. Not to get married to some boy whom I am very sure, doesn’t even have money to support you!”

“Whatever it is, I’m getting married.” I protested.

“NO! I will only marry you off to the right man and when I think it’s the time for you to get married”

I’m starting to get bored with this conversation. Dad always makes the final decision for me and my brother. He always thought he knew what’s best for us. He never let us decide. This is why my brother left the house and never returned.

“I will call you again later. Hopefully, by then, you may have changed your mind.” I wanted to end the call.

“Wait! I’m not done talking. Taeyeon!”

“I’m hanging up. Bye.”

I ended the phone call. I look up and gave a faint smile to Wooyoung.

Reaching out, he grabs hold of my hand, intertwining my fingers with his.

“My dad disapproves..” I sighed. “Why is it so difficult for us to get married?”

“They love you so much, Tae. They’re not ready to let you go. I’m sure one day, when your daughter came to you, saying that she wants to get married, you will say the same thing like your parents did.”

“What did your parents say?” I asked him.

“They… they told me to think about it again. But they were not really against it. I hope so..“ he said. “Do you still want to marry me, Tae?”

“Of course I do, pabo!”

He giggled.

I’ve made up my mind that Wooyoung is the only guy I’m marrying. Even though mom and dad are against it.

“I’ve been looking for a place for us to stay. Is it ok if we just rent a room if I can’t get any apartment?” Wooyoung asked.

“It’s ok with me”

“I will find a job here after graduation and we’ll go back to Korea after you graduate, ok”

 


 

Two days later, I made a call home. Mom and dad, as expected, are still furious over the fact that I’m getting married. Both of them take turns to fire me over the phone.

“Are you done?” I asked after a good 5 minutes of hearing non-stop lectures from both of them.

“Tae, if you’re really marrying that guy, you are no longer my daughter! So make up your mind now. Us or Wooyoung?”

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. It’s like a knife going through my heart when dad says that. I don’t want to lose any of them... But I have to make my decision now.

“I’m sorry, dad. I have my own life.”

“Fine! Go ahead and marry Wooyoung. You are no longer my daughter! If anything happens between you two, don’t you ever dream of looking for us. You hear me??!!” With that, Dad hangs up the phone.

I was speechless. Am I dreaming? I feel so sorry for my parents. But what more can I do?

 


 

Four days later, I’m lawfully Wooyoung’s wife. Wooyoung manage to rent a small room, nearby my old apartment. We were unpacking our stuffs, I was unpacking our clothes and putting them in wardrobe whereas Wooyoung’s busy arranging our books on the shelf.

“Taeyeon,” Wooyoung called. “I can’t believe that we are husband and wife now.”

I stop unpacking our clothes and went over to Wooyoung, giving him a peck on his lips.

“Believe it now?” I asked.

“I love you, Tae. I really do.” He hugged me.

I chuckled. “Me too. I can’t believe I got married to a stalker.”

He broke off the hug. “Hey! I wasn’t stalking you back then. I just wanted to be your guardian angel.”

I laughed. “Right.. “

“And don’t think I don’t know that you were trying to seduce me once back then.”

“When? I don’t remember trying to seduce anybody.”

“Oh really..? You want me to refresh your memory, honey? Remember the day that I was eating alone in the café when you and Jessica came, sitting in front of me? You were trying to act all y, crossing your legs. And then this guy came over..”

“Shut up, Woo!” Gosh, it was so embarrassing.

“And that wasn’t the only time, I tell you. The other day when we were in the library..” I covered his mouth, preventing him talking any further.

“You really had fun poking me, huh.” I said and pinch his cheeks as hard as I can.

“OUCH!!” He screamed.

He carried me and pinned me down on the bed.

“YAAAHHH!! Let me go! You’re so heavy!”

Now it’s my turn to cry for help.

“Kiss me first.”

I plant a quick kiss on his lips. Just when I was about let go, he placed his hand at the back of my head, deepening the kiss.

(Honeymoon scene part 1)

 

 

 

A/N: Here's Chapter 5! Enjoy~