The Discovery

The Reason

                    Min Ah's circle of acquaintances was as small as an apple.She only had Min Ji and her father to fill the emptiness in her life,even though her heart stayed empty.But surely,the circle wasn't going to remain like that forever.Her life was going to start mixing with other people's lives.The clock's arrows were going to start moving.Today was the start.And among these people,there was the 'he'.And for this one,the start was tonight.

              "Whatever." Min Ah rolled her eyes and let out a small laugh at the irony of the situation.He thought she had something that was his when she wanted badly to have that one thing that was his.He stepped closer to her then said in an irritated,yet scared voice."The memory card of my camera.You have it." The insecurity was always showing in his eyes and the smirk was always dancing on his lips.It was an act of contradictory that got Min Ah smiling in amusement.But as soon as the words reached her ears,she froze mentally,not letting the shock show to the journalist.She had many thoughts and questions running in her head.One thing she was sure of is that the memory card was lost.But she wondered about who would find it first.Her or him.Where could it possibly be?,she asked her self in utter frustration.She had a loose smile stuck to her face to hide the greed and the desire she had for that small little thing.But among those million questions that kept raining on her head,there was that one that kept digging violently in her brain."Why do you think I have it?" She crossed her arms over her chest and shrugged,trying to tell him that she didn't have it."I don't think,I know you have it.Now give it back." The taller man scoffed closer and before he could throw her a glare,Min Ah span on her heels and walked back to the store,clearly not interested in the man's accusations.She wasn't letting go of her second chance by walking away but she knew that as long as he thought she had the memory card,she could play him like a ring around her little finger.

                Min Ji walked out of the shop,exhausted,pulling behind her four full plastic bags."I thought you were going to buy only coffee and tea." Min Ah expressed as she threw a glance at the heavy bags then at her friend's tired face."Well,many delicious products are on sales." Min Ji explained as she put the bags down on the floor and started rubbing her red palms.Min Ah nodded and turned behind her to see that the journalist was still following her,just like what she expected."I'll be ahead." She informed her friend and took a few steps to the front."Aren't you going to help me with these?" Min Ji exclaimed,pointing at the bags that stood lazily on the floor."Not my fault that you are a stingy food-monster." She turned her head to wink at Min Ji who wasn't the slightest surprised,then continued on walking ahead with a playful smile hanging on her lips.

        As soon as they reached the house,Min Ah ran hungrily to the bedroom where she slept the night before."What's wrong?" Min Ji yelled while putting the bags down,and stretching her hands above her head.She watched the door of the bedroom,waiting for an answer but Min Ah didn't bother talking back to her.So she quickly shrugged it off and turned around to close the door of the apartment.Then she lifted the bags and headed to the kitchen,wondering what was wrong with Min Ah.Like the usual,she put them on the counter with a sigh then walked to Min Ah's bedroom.It wasn't officially Min Ah's bedroom.The apartment was Min Ji's but it was the extra-bedroom that Min Ah occupied most of the nights.

                Min Ji shuffled inside the room and was met by some flying clothes and a confused Min Ah who was searching for something inside the closet.She quickly stepped aside,avoiding a black push-up bra that she didn't remember she even had so she assumed it was Min Ah's."What are you looking for?" She asked as she quickly ran to the other side of the room.Min Ah walked to the bed then pulled the blanket away.After seeing that there was nothing under it,she pulled it back over the bed messily."Where are the clothes I was wearing yesterday?" She looked up at her worried friend with hopeful eyes,one hand over her hip."You left them in the bathroom when you showered this morning." Min Ah didn't wait for her to even finish her sentence.Once she heard the word 'bathroom',she hurried out to the room next door.Min Ji just stayed behind blinking in confusion.

                      She held the pants up firstly,and searched inside the pockets but she didn't find anything so she violently shook it in the air,hoping something would fall down.But nothing did.She repeated the same action with her shirt.Her eyes shone  in delight and a big smile drew itself on her face when her fingers brushed against something inside the chest pocket,but soon her joy turned into disappointment when she pulled the thing out to find that it was only a round piece of money.After she had shook it with anger,she threw it on the floor next to the pants.In front of her,there were only her and her bra.She reached for her .But before she could even touch it,her hand moved to the right and caught her bra.She found the treasure she was looking for,unbelievably.Inside the left cup,there was a square small black thing.It was the memory card.She eagerly put it inside her palm and held it strongly.Throwing her fist to the air and bouncing up and down,she screamed in happiness and relief "Eurêka!Eurêka!"* Min Ji stormed inside the bathroom,raising her eyebrows in confusion."What on earth is going on,Min Ah?" The said girl stopped jumping and calmed down.With a smile from ear to ear,Min Ah giggled like a little child."I found it." 

           

 

  * Nearly 2200 years ago,king Hieron the second of Syracuse in Sicily suspected that a jeweller he ordered to make a bar of gold into a crown,had substitued some of the gold for cheaper metal.And to prove his suspicions,he asked Archimedes (A greek mathematician) to find a definitive answer.Long story short,he discovered the answer when he was in his bath tub.He was so thrilled with the discovery that he immediatly hopped out of the bath and ran onto the streets shouting 'Eurêka!Eurêka!' which means 'I found it!I found it!'.What happened with Kim Min Ah shows the irony of the situation.