one

same way

Jessica POV

Hearing rain drops and feeling the cool breeze of air. students walking unto their cars, some students just run through the rain. i lift my right hand,catching the drop of rain coming from the roof of school as i look at the gray sky.

its been 8 years since i left this place and im back.this is my first week in this school, first week that HE didnt speak of me nor smile.

A slight smile appear on my lip when i remember a dirty look 6 y/o boy smiling at me,but then someone bump me behind and just walk pass by.walking like he didnt care the Rain.

HE just bump me, i open my umbrella and ready to reach him,ready to touch again his wrist but there is something pulling back my hand and i just keep in silent.

i just tightly grip my umbrella using my 2 hands and walk following him. i look at him. yeah, things change, He change physically. He is now more mature, taller than me, and a good shape body than the 7 y/o skinny boy. He is totally wet and he is not caring on it.

he doesnt remember me? hmn.maybe...? coz, he doesnt smile when we see each other in school. He ignores me everytime*sigh*

i remember when it was the first day of school. in the library, He was sleeping and i dont know it was him. i was reading and he was beside me, he is facing to my side. my pen drop on his side, so i pick it. when i was picking, his face was just inch by me. so i just look at his face.and a face of an 8 y/o boy sleeping was flash to my mind. i smiled because he is my childhood friend but when he open his eyes,my smile change into an expressionless face we just stare like 5 secs. and he got up leaving me.thats now him.

another, we are seatmate in class. He is near on the window and i am next to him. He doesnt chat to me. He just look outside or sleep on class. HE'S CHANGE.

we passed by the house when it has a big dog.

"Arf!!!grrr!" thats dog-_-

"eeeekkk!" I shriek because i am shock but the most shocking is that the boy infront of me stop on his pace. did he remember? i continue to walk ready to talk to him but my hopes gone.He start to walk again. a big sigh come out on mine. i look at him again, i remember when we chased of a dog.

i was 6 y/o and he was 7 y/o. we run and i am behind of him. he stop on running and he said " i'll save you,Go! run!" and i leave him when i look back he throw a stone on that dog and run. when we were in the house i saw a bite on his hand. i called my mother and told her that He had been bite. We go to Hospital to cure His wound. i said sorry to him, because of my silliness he had been bite of that dog, i was crying,my face is wet, he wipe it using his shirt saying "sssshhh, dont cry, you're my princess im your knight, and a job of a knight is protecting the princess." a charming smile of a kid appear. that WAS him.

 

i look at him again and my heart hurt on what im seeing now.a girl named tiffany is wiping his face and they are just using one umbrella. maybe she doesnt care for me bec. he is busy on his love life. yeah, maybe tiffany is her girlfriend.

tiffany in our classroom always talk to Him,always beside him when there is no professor,always caring my childhood friend. She always show her eyesmile and He will smile too. He is happy when Tiffany is around,but when im with him. it was nothing. tiffany is my Friend NOW.

when we were young she bully me. maybe because of my Princess attitude.

we were enemy back then but now, She smile at me and we even chat sometimes. everythings change,really.

 

they are just walking and talking to each other and i was far behind to hear what they were talking about.

we passed by on a playground where we sometimes play.where Tiffany often bullies me.

 

"ya! im the princess here! and your just the maid" 7 y/o tiffany said.

"no! im the princess here!hmn" a teary 6 y/o jessica said. little tiffany push jessica and jessica sit on the ground.

"im older than you so, im the princess"tiffany said having a cross arm.

"huhu.i'm the princess" jessica wiping his face.

"tss.ugly!haha" tiffany laugh at her.

"you are a ugly fat!huhu" jessica shouted at her.

" tss! you wanna fight huh?!" tiffany hold the wrist of jessica. "it hurts!HUHUHU!!!" jessica screamed.

a boy wearing a red cape, a casserole on his head and holding a stick. "ya! release her or you will be punish!" a boy said threatening to spat her hand.

 

 that was him.

 

tiffany link her arms into him.

my dream to be his only princess is now fading like a smoke dancing in the air.

 

"hey, sica? "a 9 yr. old kneel down in front of me.

i was sitting on the ground, staring at my wound in my left knee.

i look at him "yuri..." a tear come out in my eyes looking into his eyes. a smile draw on his lip.

"its just a scratch.lets go home and cure that"

"it hurts yuri if i walk" i wipe my tears using my hand.

"who says the princess will walk.hehe. hop in, i'll carry you" he tap his back.

"Piggy-back- ride?" i asked to him.

"yes my princess.hehe." i climb on his back, putting my hands around his neck, he stand up carefully and gently support my legs.

" so lets go my princess" he said and started to walk.

 

i FEEL comfortable and protected with him back then.

" hey!can i?" a voice of a guy.

someone tap my shoulder and point my umbrella.i stop on walking and i look at him.

"Taeyeon?"

"hehe,hi,thank God, now you notice me." He smiled at me.

"wha...what? notice?" i ask and we start to walk and i see them far away, YURI and TIFFANY.

"yes, in the playground? i thought you notice me coz you look at the playground. i called you and you stop.i THOUGHT AGAIN that you hear me, when i was going to tap you, you just leave me behind. i was calling you a jundred times. but you just continue walking.now look at me..."

"sorry. i was just... i was just thinking something important"

"important? like?" taeyeon ask while combing his hair using his hand.

"just... just reminiscing important.thats all"

"ok..." she said and just the raindrop makes noise through our awkward silent.

plik

plop

plik

plop

"is that tiffany and yuri?" he broke our silent.

"ahm yeah" i said looking at the two.

"yuri is so lucky" he said.

my heart hurt. will i ask why eventhough i know the answer?. that he is lucky to have tiffany or just say

'yea,but tiffany is more lucky coz she OWN my PROTECTOR,my Prince,my knight in shining armor,my childhood friend, my SOULMATE'

even it hurts me to say it.

 

"yuri is so lucky to have my... PRINCESS"taeyeon whisper the last word but i heard it, through the woosh of air and raindrops,i heard it. so im right, tiffany dating my KNIGHT.

" so they're dating?"

"no"He said.

no? they're not dating? why does i feel so happy inside. like the hurt in my heart was Gone.

" Yuri didnt like to have a relationship and He said He's waiting for SOMEONE, but what im seeing now, clingy tiffany.tss. its hurt. i know BOYS. Boys do fall inlove to someone who is there for them" He said.

again, i felt something aching in my heart.

"so did you make a move?"I asked.

"what move?"

"did you say I like you or i love you to tiffany?"

"no"

"tss. its your fault"

"maybe, hmn im afraid? afraid to reject. afraid to hear 'sorry,i'm not'. afraid because her actions saying that all now. Tiffany is happy with him,so clingy to him. ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS. BUT WORD HURTS MORE THAN ACTION"He said and i feel like the tick of the Clock is slowing down, i feel like every step i make is only the sound i hear with the raindrops. the incidents and memories we have had vanish with the present, the present which what we are now, He is like a star, i barely see him but far away to reach. IMPOSIBLE TO GET. just wait that meteor to fall, but its also imposible if that star had someone holding it.

 

ACTIONS?did i make a move? NOTHING.does he do a move too?NO.WORDS? did i talk to him? NO. did He talk to me? A BIG NO. NOW I'M HURT IN BOTH. ACTIONS AND WORDS.

"jessica-ssi?" i came back to reality and i look at taeyeon, he smile.We stop on our track.

"here we are. my house.hehe.apparantly infront of the gate.hehe" He said rubbing his nape. i smiled on his dorky way.

"ok."

"hmmn.ok.take care and thank you.bye" and He enter to the gate of their house and run towards the door. he look at me and he smile again waving his hand.

i smiled to him and i continue again to walk. our situation of yuri its just like whar our distance. it changes everytime i stop,when he just continue to walk with somebody. when we were so close,the next thing we are now far away to each other. just looking at his back. looking at him with someone. maybe its time to forget what we are in the childhood days. its time for me to continue to walk without him. childhood days is just a past.

 

YURI POV

"so yuri,did you see that? your princess flirting MY prince.tss"tiffany glared.

"so what did you call of what you are doing to me? in school and specially right now, tiffany-ssi" i said not looking at him." and she is not flirting, YOUR prince flirt her" i said in the matter-of-fact tone.

"wow! protective.you know yuri, i want to make him jealous and he will tell me the 3-magic word" She said giggling, while her hand attach to mine.

"why i didn't end up to like you. why did i always wanted Taeyeon, eventhough you are WAY to far to him"

"because you know him for over 12 yrs. , and just like a PINK COLOR. He is your FAVORITE." did make it sense. -_- hooo.maybe?

 

"yeah,you're right.so, how is it going between you too? your princess?" She said smiling.

"the same just like the first day of school. ignoring her" i said silently.

"COWARD!tsss"

"taeyeon is the COWARD.not me" 

She pinch my shoulder.

"both of you" She said. I glared to her.

"ok fine!" 

"so you didn't do anything, 1 week had passed yuri.1 freaking week!"

"they will be a time"

"tss. you miss her right?"

"yeah.i miss her"

"ignoring her? is that whatyou called you miss her?.tss. can you just control your EGO. eventhough she left you without even saying goodbye..." 

i stop on my track and i feel the rain again on my face.

"you dont know how i feel, within 8 yrs. you dont know how it feels to be left behind,tiffany." i said looking at her.

 

"but i know, both of you are hurting." she said calmly.

 

"can i say something too about you and taeyeon, i know, BOTH OF YOU are Hurting" i said as i walk, going through my house. She keep on calling my name but i ignore her.

 

I go to my room, put down my wetted bags and i walk straight through the bathroom to have a warm shower.

 

i took of my uniform and put it on the basket. i turn on the shower and i feel the warm water hitting my face, flowing through my body.

 

 

"i told you that playing under the rain will cause you sickness" i saw a worried 8 yrs old jessica.

i'm lying on my bed, a blanket covering my hot body and jessica sit beside me.

"but its enjoyable....haacchu" i said weakly wiping the water from my nose.

"enjoyable..tss your face, now look at you. you look like a grandpa who needs to be care.haha"

"i'm not grandpa.hmmn, i can take care of myself"

"it suits you yuri, but if you say so. eat the porridge" she said giving me the bowl.

"feed me" i dorkily said.

"tss, you said you can take care of yourself and i only feed grandpa's, like my grandpa so do you want to be my grandpa this day?" she said smiling at me.

"wha..what? what grandpa? i don't like it!" i retorted to her.

"yu....ri" shee whned.

"its just a play, you being a grandpa and me as your granddaughter"

a bright idea pops out to my mind.

"what if, we can  play as husband and wife, me being a sck husband taking care of a sweet and beautiful wife" i smiled at her.

she was shocked and i saw a tint of blush on her cheeks, hehe, kyeopta.

she punh my shoulder "pabo! i don't want a weak man, and i don't want that he will die soon!so if you don't lke a weak grandpa, i don't lke you to be MY WEAK HUSBAND!"  she put down the bowl  on the side table and she stand up.

"eat your porridge alone!you said you can take care yourself" she said leaving me, my mouth still open on the sudden ncident.

so she lke to be cared and not to be the one who will cared. tsktsk my princess..

 

"weak grandpa, husband." a smiled crept in my lip.

 

--------------------------

i lay down on my bed, staring the white ceiling.

why?. i didn't wish to be like this. i didn't wish what's happening to us.

why the sudden change jessica? you left me without even saying words or goodbye and now you didn't say 'hi' or 'here i am', you're hurting me jessica.

i look at the r ight and a picture of an 8 yr old little girl and an 9 yrs oldd boy. they are haappy under a tent made by a blanket and a stick, different snacks on the sides and different stuff toys around.

 

"sica, just sit there" yuri said while knotting the blanket into the stick.

"i'm helping you to finsh our tent, yuri" jessica said while holding a 3 sticks.

"its just easy si..."

*craakk...taaakk*

jessica tripped off and the sticks she was holding was hit nto yuri's head.

"ouch" sica said while holding her tummy as for yuri, he is rubbing his head.

jessic saw it and immediately she walk closer to yuri.

"mianhae, yuri. mianhae" jessica sincerely said. she is feeling bad that 3 sticks was hit unto yuri's head.

"you always hurt me sica..." yuri said lookng at jessica who has a head low.

"but you are sincere on all your apologize, so it makes me feel better"

jessica finally look to yuri and yur smiled at her.

 

but now, you hurt me and a sorry coming from you is imposible to be heard again.

i close my eyes reminiscing all the childhood memories we have.

a single tear comes out and it just flow down.

"will i unlove you jessica" words come out to my mouth.

--------------------------------

"mom, i'll just go at hwang residence, i will just return ths notes to my classmate, i'll be back at 7pm " i said while putting my shoes.

"ow, you're staying there for 4 hrs?"

"no mom, after that i will just have  walk here in this village, bye" i said and kiss my mom on her cheek.

"we will have a dinner with..."

"bye mom!" i said not caring what she said.

-----_------------------------

JESSICA POV

"Mommy?"

"yes darling"

"will yuri want to hear my explanation if i said the true story on leavng ths country, 8 years ago?" i said while hugging my mom.

"you didn't talk to him? 1 week has pass darling"

"i... i was afraid to talk to him, i was afraid that he will never ever forgve me of what 've done"

"i knew yuri, he is understandng when t comes to you, so give it a try, TIME is ticking darling, some says, 'give it a try than nothing, ts better to hurt in truth than regretting and feel hurt forever'."

 i smiled at her "thank you mom, thank you for makng me ALIVE"

 

------------------------

i finish my shower and i sit on the edge of my bed.

i look at the hangng thing in the wall, i smiled when i recognize that thing.

i walk closely and i pick it. it s a tiara. tiara made in a tiny vein of i don't know what tree it is.  the leaves and flowers were gone because it was so long ago but its just like it happened yesterday that i can remember.

sunday afternoon. mass had done and people come out from the church.

an 11 yr. old yuri pulled jessia.

"lets go i have somethng  to show you"

"yuri?"

 

"yuri, this is beautiful, how did you know ths place?" jessica said as shown to her face that she is amazed.

they are under the tree on the top of a hll wherre you can see the whole village.

"its our sicret hideout for now on, okay" yuri said.

"hehe, hdeout, how nice, so its just you and me know this?"

"yes and sica i have something to give" yuri sad while holding somethng behind hs back.

jessica smiled athim " okay"

yuri show a tiara and put it on jessica's head.

"i promise you, jessica jung sooyeon to be my ONLY PRINCESS, and  ths place is our kingdom, will you... will you be my forever princess, and will you be my girlfriend when you become 18 sica? "

jessica was shocked.

"sica? will you?" yuri asked again.

jessica had a teary eye and she hugged yuri..

"yes, yuri" jessica said.

'i promise this day that i will be alive on my operation' jessica thought.

 

my operation was successed yuri, i did what i promise but did you do your promise that i will be you princess? yuri, you had tiffany on your side, did you forgett it?

TIME. am i ready to hear his answer?

TIME. am i late now?

TIME. mommy is correct time is ticking and i will be alway his princess even i'm not her girlfriend.

---------------------

*knock knock*

suddenly the door is open, i see a woman smiling at me.

"hi auntie kwon" i said.

"jessica? wow, you're beautiful, oh come in jessica" i enter to their house. it change also, ther house it is more furnish and wider.

"auntie kwon, how's life?" i said as i sit on the sofa.

"better than yesterday hehe. you and yuri are okay right?"

i look at my hand in my lap.

"you didn't have a talk?" auntie ask.

"i'm here auntie to talk to him, to explain everything..." i said.

"but i  think he didn't want to talk to me"

"you had a wrong timing, yuri just gone out. he said he will go to hwang residence"

hwang residence? hwang? tiffany hwang?.

"is that so auntie. when will he back?"

"7 pm, you will wait?"

will I?

"no, auntie. i have to go somewhere, just tell him auntie i am ready to talk to him"

auntie kwon smiled at me.

"i really like you to be my daughter-in-law"

---------------------------------

i am walking thnking what they are doing, tffany and yuri. thinking that they have a date, they are happy together, eating, watching a movie.

*sigh* I look around and i was shock that i am here in our SICRET PLACE.

it is 4:30 pm and i see the sun setting down, the sky are going to be dark and the moon will peek out.

i walk closely to the tree and sit under it. my tears started to fall as  reminsce again our memores,our PAST,and our promises.

hiding from the sun who is setting down. i wanted to see that but i am hurtng like hell.  i wanted to see that with yuri . but my heart is achng that i can't be with yuri anymore. he had his tiffany right now and iam lonely and alone. i hug my knees crying again, cryng over yuri. thinking that maybe its better to be dead than being alive but it kills you everyday.

NO ONE POV

Jessica think she is alone in htat place, yuri as well. they knew that they are alone, that htey abandoned each other. yuri is sitting behind that tree watching the sun setting down. earphone plugged in to his ears hearing their theme song 'way back into love'.

yuri hearing their theme song while jessica hearing her own  sniff and cry.

yuri think he is ready to talk and reconcle with jessica. he is ready to say ' i miss you' to her.

he got up and put his hood. unplug his earphone and when he walk where jessica is. the TIME seems slow down. HE STOP and look on that crying girl.

jessica hear and feel that someone is looking at her, she look up and was shock that yuri is there.

they had an eye to eye contact.

'i said  i will forget him' jessica thought, teary eyes 'but i miss him' she got up ready to hug him but her though change and just run.

yuri on the other hadn just stare the girl, no expression on his face but when the girl stand up and ready to leave him, AGAIN, he immediately catch her left hand and gently pull her , pull her into a sweet embrace.

"please don't ever leave me without saying any word. i hate it" yuri said embracing the princess he love. thngs had change, their heght, where yuri is much taller than her,her scent, when back then she smell like baby but now a feminine scent.

"i miss you, my princess" now yuri said it what he wanted to say.

"i miss you too" jessica said returning the hug, she lean on yur's chest hearng the heartbeat of yuri.

"i'm sorry for leaving you"

"you always hurt me..."

"i'm sorry" jessica tighten their hug.

"but hearing your 'sorry' that i know it is sincere and true, it makes me feel better"

 

under the moon light and a breeze of air. THINGS HAD CHANGE BUT NEVER THEIR FEELIINGS, TIME HAD PASS BUT NEVER THER LOVE. PROMSES ARE NOT MEANT TO BE BROKEN IF YOU ARE WILLING TO DO IT.