Taxi

Taxi

It was raining and the temperature was rather cold as well. Even though during the day as the rays of the sun reached the backs of the people warming up their bodies, now in the evening it was so chilly everyone hurried to their homes while covering almost full of their faces with their scarves, hiding their hands in their pockets and having a pose of humpback person as they raised their shoulders to protect themselves from the cruel weather.

It was the middle of January, but instead of snowing it was raining and people could not really decide which one would be the better. Still, they rather did not care and just hurried to find shelter from the raindrops creating a thick wall not letting anyone to see through it.

The taxis, even though they could be seen on the streets looking for customers oftener than usual, were standing in a great traffic jam caused by the heavy rain, still, one or two got lucky as they received an information about the trap and were able to avoid it.

Eric Moon was waiting for a stray taxi like that, too, however as he was standing there for about more than fifteen minutes he started to slowly give up. Even though he had an umbrella and his long, black coat protected him from the freezing weather, still, it was not the most pleasurable way to pass his time in his life. Let alone the fact that he was a busy person, he wanted to arrive home as soon as possible and continue the work he had just left half-ready in the office.

He was the CEO of Moon Co., the company of his family, the Moons. It was a long running business started by his great grandfather a long time ago and was passed down from father to son. Now, it was Eric’s turn and as it was expected, he took over the company from his father at the age of 34. Earlier he studied management and business, also he was learning from his father all the time, so he thought he will have an easy way to manage the company.

However, that was not exactly true. As soon as he received the blessing of his father and started his first official workday the problems swept him away as a giant wave, problems he was not aware of. He slowly found out the company was in a huge dept and since then he was working day and night to get his inheritance out of the trouble and with a year passed he managed to settle most of the dept of the company. However this one year felt like a decade and he felt like he aged the same amount of time. But his soul was calm and he was sure he could save the company and when the time comes he will be able to pass it to his future-son -. because he still did not have one-  without any trouble or dept.

He looked at his watch: it was late and he was waiting there for almost an hour. The watch was golden colour, Rolex, but he was not sure if it was a real one. He received it as gift from a colleague of his, who obviously hated him, still, tried to have a nice relationship with Eric. He was not really fond of to the co-worker or to the watch, however it was comfortable and was better to always look at his wrist instead of taking his phone out of his pocket all the time. Anyway he did not care about if it was a real or fake brand. He never really had any kind of interest in this kind of things or fashion. Actually, he did not have a fashion sense either: he wore what his mother had bought for him who was anyway a famous fashion designer. Eric always remembered her words when she saw something horrible on his son: “I can’t let my only son wear such a distasteful outfit, can I?” And so in the end she automatically bought him clothes and ordered him to wear them. And Eric did as he was told.

He was still standing the same place. He was already annoyed and his hand hurt as he was holding the umbrella. One could ask why the CEO of a big company would take a taxi – that would be a completely understandable question. Actually, his car was stolen from the parking lot of his apartment block, which anyway shocked him quite badly. The previous evening he parked with it where he usually does, but in the morning when he went there as usual to head off to work his car had vanished into the thick air. So he just took a taxi to go to work, asked his secretary, Lee Sun Ho, to report the steal to the police and now he was waiting for another taxi to go home.

Actually he was offered to be taken home by a driver and car of the company, but Eric refused it. He loved his car let alone the fact he hated to be taken around like a king. He was just a newbie CEO, he did not think he was “such a big shot” as everyone had always referring to him. He did not like it when others flattered him, that’s the kind of man he was: a simple guy from a wealthy family. And thanks to his guileless and modest nature he was loved by his workers.

Or at least it should be like this.

Of course he was loved, but at the same time he went on others nerves with his continuous teasing, pranks and sometimes childish behaviour. However at the same time he could be serious and responsible when the time required it and in the end he was just the star of the company being loved by the women.

Finally, a taxi appeared in the distance and as Eric waved the car had slowed down and parked next to the sidewalk so Eric could get in. As he sat into the car he told the driver his address and lied back on the seat trying to relax until he arrived. However as soon as the taxi had departed suddenly it stopped and the door opened: a man about in his 20s was standing there breathing heavily and looked just as shocked as Eric.

“Oh” He said and his voice did not surprise Eric, because it perfectly fitted the look of the man: beautiful, delicate, gorgeous, for a moment Eric could not trust his senses about the of the guy standing there holding the car door looking into it with a shocked expression mixed with annoyance, surprise and fear. “Are you taking this cab?”

“Yes.” Eric replied surprised by the man’s simple way of conversing. Not really simple, but normal? Casual? So different from their ‘snobbish’ way of speaking among their family members or other co-workers.

“.” He mumbled and wiped his face.

Only now had Eric noticed that his small mouth was cut and was bleeding, his cheek was slightly puffed and as he could get it out in the dark it was slightly purple, too. His forehead was also bleeding. But even before he could have taken a closer look the mysterious man just mumbled an apology, nodded which Eric took as a very casual – just as the way of his speaking – bow, closed the door, took a few steps back and was just standing in the rain like an abandoned puppy.

The driver had started the car again and as Eric was watching the man’s slowly receding figure a mysterious, unknown feeling had formed in him. He asked the driver to stop who did as he was told while mumbling annoyed, Eric jumped out of the taxi and ran back to the man still standing in the rain. Eric saw he was cold, he was pitifully stooped to protect himself from it, his teeth were chattering and he seemed like he was in pain, too.

Eric ran up to him and stopped in front of the man who looked at him with a surprised look.

“I can take you.” Eric said and told where he was heading to. “Where are you going?”

However he did not really heard what the man was saying. He only heard his own heartbeat, the sound of the honking of the cars, but not that sweet voice: apparently he was bewitched by the smile of the man and the warmness and gratefulness shining in his beautiful eyes.

Eric grabbed his hand and pulled the man close to himself, put his hand around his shoulder and put his briefcase – which he had at himself all along – above their heads not to get soaked any more even though it might have been useless, after all even his underwear was already soaked. But Eric did not care about that, he did not even feel cold: the warmness of the small body next to him heat up his long-gone-cold body.

He lead the man to the taxi, both of them sat in and the driver could finally depart. Only now he heard the man’s voice again as he looked straight into his eyes smiling, grabbing his hand with his two and said:

“Thanks, you really saved my life there.” He said, then let go of Eric’s hand and touched his cheeks. He hissed in pain then sighed and his hair annoyed. “Aish, really, those guys really had messed up my face quite badly.”

“Maybe we should go… to the police…” Eric said tentatively, he suddenly did not have a good feeling about what he had gotten himself into. “Are you okay?”

“Ah, there is no need for that.” He waved. “This is nothing, I’ve already experienced some more serious stuff. Ah but really, I’ve told them to leave alone my face.” He mumbled, got a small mirror out of his pocket – slightly cracked – and took out a white tissue from the same pocket and started to wipe off the blood from his face.

Eric only took a look at his outfit now. Even though it was dirty from mud and blood – probably from his own -, he wore rather fashionable clothes, those which were popular among the woman when it came to guys. For Eric it was maybe too ‘fashionable’, he felt like it only had the purpose to lure woman.

However even before he could take a closer look he found himself being poked, he opened his eyes. I’ve fallen asleep, it happened in an instant, when did I even close my eyes – he though, and as he looked at his side he saw the man looking at him smiling and said:

“This is where I get off.” He said and then stayed there waiting.

Eric realized he was waiting for him to let him out so he got out of the car as quickly as he could and when the man was already standing next the car he sat back and while the man was politely closing the door being quicker than Eric, he added wearing a rather pitiful smile: “Unfortunately I can’t give you my share, because my money was taken, but I’ll pay you back.”

Eric did not mind it. For him it looked like the man was in some serious trouble, he just would not feel it right if he had taken money from him especially when he was the one inviting him into his taxi.

Even before Eric could have answer, the boy again nodded while grinning, turned his back and started to walk away. Eric – not knowing what to do - signed the driver he could depart, but before that he heard knocking from the window and as he opened it he saw the man again.

“I’m stupid” He said” – how would I pay you back if you don’t know me? The name is Shin Hyesung, find me.” He then winked, turned his back again and run towards an old-look apartment block, the same direction he previously headed to, trying to cover his half-dried head from the rain.

Eric as he was watching the back of the man caught himself remembering that smile, that wink, that voice – all the things that charmed him. He found the man weird, but what shocked him at the same time he thought he was lovely and attractive. He was just watching the slowly receding figure until it completely disappeared and he was so cast away by the sight he did not even hear the driver talking to him, so in the end the driver just shrugged his shoulders and departed.

His encounter with ‘Shin Hyesung’ was something Eric Moon was unable to get out of his head for a long, long time.

 

 


 

 

Hello everyone! We see each other again after a while.^^
Sorry for disappearing (as always ...). School, life... actually everything was/is hard on me, but of course that's my problem, I won't complain. :)

About the story.
Actually, I've written this a while ago, this is not a fresh story. I've written this about the time M's Taxi or it's teaser came out, I don't remember well, but that song gave me the inspiration. :) So it's not fresh, but I've decided to upload it, so you'll know I'm still alive xD (Ah, I feel bad..)
You might find the story kind of un-finished, kind of "not whole". It has a reason. Actually, even until now I've haven't decided if I'll leave it like this or it will ever have a continuation, aka if it's just a prolouge for a series. It can actually stay like this as a one-shot, but I have an "afterstory" (actually a series) in mind for it if I decide to do something about it.
So yeah, that's how it is. For now it will just stay like this, but I won't mark the story as completed. 

To Taz1011:
I did ot forget you, don't worry ;) I feel horrible and really ashamed for delaying your requested one-shot for so long, but I'm working on it even now, it's just that the process is slow and the results... it will be long, that's why I work so slow >.<
Anyway I apologize, I'm ashamed.
I would like to get it ready these days, I'm working my heart out :)

I hope everyone is okay :)
Take care