Crush & Crash

{ 2 } F i r s t S c a r

 

5

Crush & Crash

My heart flutters, but..it's not love.

 

"So..my queen, would you like to walk by yourself, or..do you want me..to ca..rry you?". Leon raised his eyebrows as he displayed a minacious look. Enn scowled at him and stomped her feet before she rise from the seat. "Don't give me that look! I'm..not your prey!". She jabbered, and reluctantly make her way to the exit until suddenly her right arm was seized from behind, causing her to stumble as she turned to the other side.

 

"Ouch..", she mewled with pain. Meanwhile, Leon's staring at her, nonchalantly.

"My car's..at another exit, my..queen". He tilted his head to the other exit. Enn bites her lips and transfixed her gazed at him.

"Bas..tard..I hate you..You'll pay for this!", her bellowing filled up the whole area.

 

It's stung as she pronounced the word 'hate' almost earnestly. Overwhelmed by his occult emotions,  he responded by tightened his grips upon her. "Well, I guess..I'll just have to pay it off! How do you want me to pay for it? A..kiss? Or..".

 

Enn closes her eyes and motioned her other hand to stop him. "Leon-ssi, just send me over my parents'. There's no need to go to your place..it's suffocating there", she uttered through gritted teeth. 

 

He simpered at her scornfulness. "So..do you prefer if we go to ho..tel then? That's better though..the wall's thicker and you can 'scream' all your hearts out and no one could hear ya..".

 

Enn swallowed hard at his words. She really couldn't comprehend this guy! He's not supposed to be like this, he's gentle and..and..not scary as today. The person standing before her was throwing a dart to her cores every time he spoke, it was not Leon's nature. Her eyes drew together, focused on him. And yet, he was indeed..Leon.

 

"Are you trying to seduce me right now? Huh?", he cocked one eye up and smirked at her. Enn was voiceless. She was dumbfounded by this guy! He's no longer the 'Leon' she had known in the past. Her heart just sank when that thought of him hit her real hard.

 

Leon saw her ambivalency. He cleared his throat and began to loosen the grip, eventually release her. 

 

"Follow..me", he huffed heavily and turned to the exit. Enn pressed her temples and placed another hand on her forehead. "I..should've just go and get the handkerchief earlier..now what? What..should I do? Sis..ter..". She stand still and not moving an inch. Every possibilities swarmed within her and she was losing her original track. She starts to think about how it was a mistake that she'd gone to the party, how she shouldn't swayed by Leon's persuasion to stay at his apartment..and so on. 

 

"Enn-ssi..", Leon's voice calling out for her at a distant. Enn didn't bothered to look at him.

"Do..you really escape from home be..cause of me?". She heard his footsteps, approaching her. 

"Enn-ssi..", Leon said softly, brushing a lock of hair from her cheek. His touch sends shivers to her spine, but nevetheless, she attempted nothing. She's looking at anywhere but him.

"Why would you go to that ex..tend? Even if you hated the idea of us being together, couldn't you..just for on..ce think about how hurt it is for..me? I never asked for your..lo..ve. But, you don't have to act rebellious to your parents be..cause of that-that's so unthinkable of you!", he intoned while caressing her supple cheeks and sluggishly lift up her chin.

 

Enn clenched her fists and swallowed the guilt within her. Slowly, she deviated her eyes to him. "Leon-ssi..I have been repeating the same warning ever since your father came out with the bonding thingy. Between us, it's more than impossible. My heart might flutters for you..but, it's not love. You know it more than anyone else, who's the one that owned my heart..", she uttered those words, without a blink. 

 

Leon sneered at her confession. He advanded a step forward and held his face just one inch from her. "You..liar. A decent liar. The truth is, you only loved youself..I'm done acting nice with you! You know what? You're right, between us, there will be no..love. It's not because you said so, but be..cause I said..so! From now on, I'm going to squeeze your life into mine, I'm going to make you suffer each second in your life because of what you've done to Errika! You caused her miseries..and I'll do exactly the same to you!". He eventually revealed his true intent to Enn. 

 

Enn scoffed disbelivelingly at him. "So, that's what it's all about..you're planning these to get revenge on me, you coy!". Her eyes smoldered.

 

While sweeping across her cheek, he whispered, "Dear my queen, I hope you prepare for our wedding..in next month..I would torture you the ways you never thought of". He grinned at her.

 

Enn snortled at his threats and said under her breath, "I'm going to crush and..crash you even in the afterworld..". 

 

*

 

"Chen-oppa!", Kayleen shouted at him. She deliberately distance herself from Jaison. 

 

Jaison was bewildered at her sudden change in demeanour. He's gaping at the person came between them and drew his eyebrows at him. 

 

"Who..is that?". When Kayleen walks past him, he casually grabbed at her arms and retained her by his side. Kayleen cringed at his sudden acts. "Op..pa..that-that..can't we just talk at some other time?". Her face distorts, she's really uncomfortable being around him at that moment. Plus, Chen was present at the scene.

 

Chen stucked at the entrance, he wasn't sure himself but something just felt not right when he witness them together. "Kay..", he paused when he saw Jaison was holding onto her. Then, he looked over the stage to spot for Mina, but he didn't find her practicing.

 

"Opp..a, it's getting late..I need to go back." Kayleen struggles from Jaison's grasps but he didn't have the intention to let her go as yet. He kept his gaze on her. "I ask..who's that guy..". His stern expressions makes she winced at it. She cleared , "He's Mina-ssi..chingu..", she just answered whatever, she's no longer cared about what he perceived from her.

 

Jaison's eyes widened. "Mina-ssi? Mina..Marilith?". he affirmed with her. Kayleen gave him a slight nods. "Yeah..oppa. Mina..Marilith-ssi. I think..he came for her but Mina-ssi has already left earlier..", she exclaimed and at the same time pulling her arm from him. 

 

Jaison remembered that he initially came to look for Mina. But, at the end he found Kayleen and totally forgotten about her. Slowly, he loosened his grips at her and glanced at Chen.

 

"So..where do you live now, Alice-ssi?". The way he spoke for her name still sends shivers up and down to her spine. She placed one hand at her nape and slowly transfixed her eyes at him. "I..live..at-at..", she spoke haltingly. His face puckered at her. "Why? Do you feel uncomfortable telling me that? Since before..you've been hesitating in answering me..yah! You're making me look like a fool..", he muttered. 

 

Kayleen stiffened. Their past keeps on haunting her, even until this moment! But..why? Why..she? Why must she dealt with all these alone? How much longer..she must endure everything alone? 

 

"Op..pa. Let's talk tomorrow, or anytime..but please don't ask anymore questions to me..as for now. I know oppa too is curious about what happened, but believe me oppa..slowly, I've been able to let go. I would like it if the next time we met, there would be no more tense moments like today..". She could no longer tolerate any of these, she just want to go home and sleep.

 

*

 

"Kayleen-ssi", without turning his head to her, he called her name.

 

"Yes?", she replied. Her features lightened from before. 

 

"Mi..na-ssi. Didn't she practicing today?". Kayleen evinced her disappointment at Chen's question. "Aniyo..she's already go back..earlier than me", she retorted.

 

Chen turned to look at her with a shock expression. "Mwo? Ani..she's already..back? But-but..I mean, when is that?". Kayleen was pissed off with his exaggerating looks due to Mina. "Why do you kept asking about Mina? Am..I her guardian or something?", she glowered at him.

 

Chen jaw's dropped at her sudden change in tone. "Wh-what I meant is..that-that..".

"That-that-that..aren't you going to speak properly?! Jinjjaa..!". She intercepted at his speech and make a hissing sound. 

He almost dropped on his knees when she saw Kayleen's rage towards him. "Yah..why..I just..If you didnt know, you could just say so..I would have stopped asking about her..", he mumbled.

 

Without saying anything, she hasten her pace and left him at the back. "Kayleen-ssi..wait for..me!", his voice echoed from behind. Kayleen covered her both ears as she walked faster and faster.

 

*

 

Later that night, at Shairon's apartment..

 

Jaison knocked his door several times, "Yah-imma..aren't you going to open the door?", he shouted, with malice. A minute or so , the door opened and Shairon was standing there, shirtless. 

Jaison flouted. "You better explain everything to me or-", he's about to raise his hand to hit him.

 

Shairon's jeered at his attempts. "You owed me an explaination though!", he replied back at him.

 

Jaison heaved a deep sigh, his eyes widened at his replies. "What-for?", he asked.

 

"Why did you come to my school without notice? Didn't you saw me practicing just now? Because of you, I can't even finish..aishhh..and I feel bad that Mina-ssi just left like that..", he went back inside his room and approaching the window.

 

"About Alice-ssi..why didn't you tell me anything about her?", Jaison followed him inside the room. Shairon picked up a bottle of water beside his bed. "I promised..her." he answered, nonchalantly. "Wha..what? Say..what? What's wrong with your tone? Are you..out of your mind?! Did you even know how hard I was looking for her all these years?! Who's side are you, jinjja?!", his face was burning with rage. 

 

Shairon kept his cool and drank the water from the bottle. "Hyung..", he sighted outside of the window. Jaison clenched his fists, gazing at him wordlessly. "Kayleen-ssi..something must have happened to her and her family back then..Currently, she's living in an orphanage..". he told him. Jaison almost stumbled upon hearing the facts from Shairon. "Wh..what do you mean she's living in orphanage? Her..family? What about her family?!", he make his way beside Shairon and tangled his hairs.

 

"I just met her last week though..and I know that she's living in the orpanage from a friend. Well, we're all friends..but I just couldn't asked about it..and, she requested the other day to act like stranger with..her. So, I..". Shairon took another sip of water. "Alice..she's..not answering me too..about everything I asked, she just kept quiet..and says nothing.", Jaison recalled the happenings just now. 

 

"Hyung..I think she's changed alot! She's no longer the Kayleen that we used to know in the past..she's cold and always preoccupied with something. For instance, I have these feelings..a distant feels when I'm with her..". he exclaimed, slowly turning his gaze at Jaison beside him.

 

Jaison gulped. "I feel the same way too..". he glanced downcastly.

 

"Just left her alone, hyung..or rather, just let go..of everything. Isn't these what you really wanted? Tt's time to stop this vicious cycle..stop mingling yourself with her!". Jaison jeered at him.

"Stop? Let it go? Yah..shut your mouth off if you didn't know anything!", he throw a glare at him. 

 

"Even if you started to care about her..swallow it down! Right now, if you're being good to her..from her point of view, it's an insult. Hyung, do you know what's her answers when I questioned her about her senseless manner at me?", Shairon transfixed his eyes to Jaison. 

 

"She said it's embarassing for her..to even acknowledge me. Think about it, how would it feels if you're in her shoes..unrequited love for 7 years and BAAM! You're confessing your love to her BFF (best friend foreve)..and worst, she's watching over you guys. How would she feels at that time? It's disastrous..trust me. Moreover, I don't think love is the most important thing for her now..anyway, I'm just saying..you can pick up anything you want or ignore, its up to you!". Shairon went over his closet and picked a t-shirt to wear.

 

Jaison stiffened. He's lost for word. Everything Shairon said was correct. All these times, he had been focusing on his feelings alone, and totally disregard hers.

 

"Your girlfriend..Mei. I never hear you talking to her..did the two of you quarreling or something?". Shairon inquired. 

 

Jaison closes his eyes and sighed heavily when the name was mentioned to him.