the weirdest celebration (of all)

the weirdest celebration (of all)
Please log in to read the full chapter
“I’m going to be so broke by the time May is over,” Yifan groans out from his place on the couch. Sehun is leaning lazily against his side as Luhan plops down next to them.   “Why do two of our most spoiled members have birthdays so close to each other?” the elder vocalist complains, grabbing Minseok’s hand just as he walks by to pull him back towards him and onto his lap. The eldest lets out a squeak at the sudden tug. “Seriously though,” he continues, securing warm arms around the elder, “Baekhyun and Zitao having birthdays so close to each other is going to kill us.”   “I know,” Junmyeon breathes out, already rubbing his temples in frustration as he stands in front of everybody else in the center of the living room, “But luckily, Jongdae has taken it as his sole job to prepare Baekhyun’s own little birthday bash.” He looks to the main vocalist who smiles proudly at all of them. “He’ll give you everything you need before Zitao’s birthday since our other half is leaving on the first of May.”   “Where are they anyways?” Yixing questions offhandedly, looking around the room to see everybody present except the two members in question, “They didn’t run off, did they?”   Jongdae snorts, “No. I sent them out to get some awesome food for us.”   Chanyeol raises a brow curiously. “How did you do that without either of them complaining?”   “He used my card,” Junmyeon mutters begrudgingly before looking to everyone else, “Anyways. Zitao is simple.”   “As simple as AB people can get,” Jongin grumbles before steadying his stare on his hyung, “How are you two so different if you have the same blood type?”   The elder shrugs, “I have responsibilities. He doesn’t really have any.”   “Ah.”   “So, Zitao is pretty simple,” Junmyeon reiterates, looking at everybody else, “Just make him feel special before his special day since he might be on a plane on his actual special day, and he should be good to go.”   “You did it perfectly for my birthday,” Luhan sighs wistfully, Yixing smiling proudly because it was his idea in the first place, “Man. The best.”   “We know,” Sehun drawls out, secretly loving that all the M members were surrounding him and Jongin. They missed them even though it was a week apart. “Minseokkie-hyung won’t stop blushing and Kyungsoo-hyung looks a little too proud over there.”   Junmyeon frowns at the other members’ lack of concentration before he claps to get their attention. “Okay? Do you guys know what you’re doing?”   “Make Zitao feel special,” Kyungsoo announces, an evil glint in his eyes, “We got it.”   The leader eyes their little source of evil before he sighs in defeat, walking away to go figure out schedules for each member and team. “Yeah, okay. I trust you guys enough.”       Zitao yelps as Luhan and Kyungsoo suddenly hit him twice before they even start stretching. They’re in the practice room, lounging about before they start dancing, and he doesn’t know what he did to deserve the punishment. He pouts as he rubs at his arms and the other two members smile at him peacefully, like they didn’t just attack him. “What was that for?” he whines petulantly, going up to Luhan and smacking him back. He earns a kick in the shin before he turns to Kyungsoo. He stares at him for a second before turning away to avoid being murdered.   Luhan and Kyungsoo laugh, going up to him and giving him a big hug. “Happy early birthday,” they chorus out, making the maknae smile happily in return for being loved. He doesn’t see Junmyeon shake his head in defeat behind them. Really. This isn’t what he was hoping for.   “Thank you, ge,” the youngest chirps out before he looks down to Kyungsoo, “Thank you, D.O!”   “Mhm,” the other two chorus back before they take a step back and hit him again.   “Ow!”   “Now, get into place!” Junmyeon intervenes, and Zitao pouts because it still stings where the other two members have hit him, and now he doesn’t have a chance to get revenge because his Junma is calling the shots now.   By the time their first break comes up, Zitao whines in annoyance, rubbing at his sore arms fruitlessly. “Why are you two hitting me so much?!” he exclaims, watching as Luhan drapes himself all over Kyungsoo before placing a kiss on the base of his neck, effectively ignoring him, “Guys!”   “They’re making you feel special, right?” Jongin asks as he plops down next to the other maknae. He’s smiling cheekily, and he swears he sees Junmyeon shaking his head in disapproval in the mirror.   Zitao turns to glare at Jongin, “Aren’t you supposed to be all over Kyungsoo instead?”   “But he’s my partner for the day,” Sehun buts in, squeezing between the two tiredly, “He can’t be all over hyung and help me question you at the same time.”   “Question me for what?” Zitao curiously asks, letting the other maknae half sit on his lap and Jongin’s lap between them, “What do you guys have planned for my birth- Ow!” He looks to his side and glares up at Luhan who just kicked him. “What’s wrong with you?!”   “Luhan, Zitao,” Yifan drawls out as he passes by them, “Luhan, grab Kyungsoo before he punches Zitao in the head.”   Zitao’s eyes widen as he pushes himself against Jongin and Sehun to try and look at Kyungsoo hiding behind Luhan a safe distance away from him. “Kyungsoo!” he yelps out, eyeing the bright smile of the other, “What’s with you two?!” He really doesn’t know why the other two are hitting him so much if it’s almost his birthday.   “Alright,” Junmyeon sighs out, clapping his hands again, “Let’s get back to work everybody.”   Zitao gets up with help from Luhan before he hisses when Kyungsoo slaps him on the arm again. He turns to shout at them before he feels a soft kiss from plush lips to the newest sore area and a gentle kiss to his sweaty temple. His eyes widen at the other two members in front of him. “Just,” Kyungsoo starts off before reaching up to brush the other’s bangs away from his face. He smiles at the other, “Happy early birthday.”   Luhan shrugs indifferently as he goes to his place for rehearsal. “I’ll be with you on your actual birthday.”   Junmyeon smiles through the mirror because that’s what he wanted to see from the other members. Zitao frowns at the eldest male’s noncommittal response though.       “Here you go, Zitao,” Chanyeol softly says, getting out an ice pack and a towel for the younger to put on his arms. The younger gives him a grateful smile as he tentatively places it on his left arm first but hisses at the immediate contact. The elder laughs slightly, sitting down at their kitchen table across from the other. “They’re brutal, aren’t they?”   “Tell me about it,” Zitao mumbles, rubbing his other arm that’s holding up the ice pack for the other. He sighs in bliss when the cool temperature starts to seep into his skin. He hears somebody else walk in, and when he opens his eyes, he sees Minseok walking into the kitchen as well to sit next to him and hold the ice pack. “Thanks, ge,” he happily says, now leaning back more comfortably in his chair.   “You okay?” the eldest questions, running small fingers over the other red patches of skin on the other’s arm.   Zitao nods, slight pout to his lips. “I’m fine.” He feels two different kinds of stares on him, and when he looks up at the table across from him, Chanyeol is staring at him with kind eyes. “What is it, hyung?”   Chanyeol shakes his head fondly, moving to lean back in his own chair, “Happy early birthday, Tao-ah.” He gives a brief look to Minseok then, causing the youngest to look over as well. Minseok keeps staring at the red marks Kyungsoo and Luhan gave him earlier that day. “Since we won’t be together when it’s your actual birthday.”   The youngest pouts, knowing very well EXO won’t be together for his birthday. “We might still even be on the plane by the time my birthday comes and is over with. I won’t even get to spend it with fans either like Lu-ge and Sehunnie did.” Then, a thought comes to him as he looks up to Chanyeol. “What about Baekhyunnie-hyung? We’re not going to be together for his birthday either.” He scrunches his nose. “I think.”   Minseok chuckles, switching seats so he can put the ice pack on the other arm. “Jongdae has Baekhyun’s birthday taken care of.”   “Really?” Zitao questions, looking to the eldest, “Who organized my birthday thing then?”   “Junmyeon.”   The youngest looks between the two members, confused as to who actually said their leader’s name before smiling happily at them. “Really?”   “Yup.”   “You’re his baby,” Chanyeol adds on afterwards, chuckling at how cute Zitao looks with the big smile on his face, “He’s always taking care of you.”   The maknae is now bouncing in his seat and Minseok has to put a firm hand on his shoulder to keep him still as he continues to apply the ice pack on his arm. “What else does he have planned?” he excitedly asks.   Chanyeol simply shrugs. “No idea.” There’s a teasing smile on his face, and when Zitao turns to Minseok, he sees the same thing and pouts.   “Not fair, guys.”       Zitao gasps awake, suddenly feeling two bodies jump on top of him in the middle of his sleep. His gaze shifts side to side in panic, suddenly hearing muffled laughter before he tries to push the two foreign people away from him. It’s early morning, and it’s a day before his birthday. Nobody should be trying to ruin his sleep, gosh dang it. Luhan got a whole week for his birthday; he should at least have an entire morning for himself.   But when he opens his eyes to see who jumped on top of him, his heart instantly melts and his glare turns into eyes full of love because, holy cow, he could never handle Sehun’s beautifully happy crescent eyes staring directly at him. “Sehun?” he hoarsely whispers as he tries to look away from the makn
Please log in to read the full chapter