1/2

Empty nest syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aigoo, why isn't he back yet?" Baekhyun was nervously circling around the house.

"Baek, it is not even two yet, and his bus arrives at three..." sighed Daehyun trying to calm his wife since this morning.

Today was a special day; their little taehyung was finally coming home from his first year as a Freshman in college.

It is undeniable that seeing their son leaving them for such a long period left a certain emptiness in both of their heart. 

"We should have went get him from the school instead of letting him take the bus"

"Baek, relax, He is already an adult, he can take care of himself..." Daehyun took his worried wife in his arms.

"I know, I just can't stop worrying." replied Baekhyun squeezing his husband.

 

The sound of the opening of the door emerged all of a sudden and let to the appearance of Taehyung with a wide grin.

"Umma, Appa!"

Baekhyun was the first one to jump on their baby and hugged him tightly. He felt the urge to ask about all his worries:

"Wuli Taehyungie baby! Did you miss Umma? Omo, you lost quite a few weight, is it because the food there is not good?" 

"Baek, let him catch his breath first." said Daehyun separating the two with a small chuckle.

"Hi appa" Taehyung turned to his dad and gave him a warm hug.

"I hope the trip wasn't too bad? we just came back from a business trip, so umma and I couldn't go get you." Daehyun felt slightly guilty that Taehyung had to come home by himself. 

"I know" Taehyun gave his father an reassuring smile. "it was perfectly fine,and I had Jungkook with me."

"Are your hungry? Umma made your favorite Japchae."

 

During the late lunch time,

after enjoying all the delicious food Baekhyun took the whole morning to make and answering all their questions about his college life,

Taehyung took a deep breath and started with an uncertain voice:

"Umma, Appa... there is someone I want to present to you..."

His parents quickly raised their head from their plate and stared at his face with a gaze that Taehyung couldn't quite understand.

"Did you get a boyfriend? or a girlfriend?" asked Daehyun first.

"Appa, how did you know?" Taehyung was shocked by the fact that his father guessed so accurately.

"Oh my god, is it Jimin?" Baekhyun's face tensed.

"What?" 

"I knew that kid in his dorm was a bad influence to our son! Look what he did to him"

"No, umma... wait, I.." 

"I like Jimin, he is an interesting and funny kid. I won't mind him as my son-in-law." Daehyun didn't hesitate to express his opinion on this subject.

Completely ignoring Taehyung's presence, Baekhyun shifted his head hearing his husband's words.

"NO HE IS NOT, i will never accept that our taehyungie marries a guy that can barely tie his shoes properly!"

"Well,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter