A Moment of Silence

Pretty Little Liars: EXO

“It has been about a year since the disappearance of Kristina Wu, we take this time to have a moment of silence, to respect the loss of one of our own students.” Principal Lee’s voice boomed from the overhead.

The entire English class of Mr. Oh fell silent, but all eyes were on four students who were the closest to Kris.

“Thank you for the moment of silence.”

Luhan looked at her friends. It was astonishing to have to relive her old life, she had left back to China for a year, but her parents insisted on moving back to Rosewood. They had left in order to forget Kris, to push the memories away and start over. But here she is, sitting back in Mr. Oh’s classroom listening to a moment of silence for Kris.

“Why must we always have to be the center of attention?” Minseok asked her.

“After all these years Kris still brings us the spotlight.” Luhan mumbled. “I thought everything would be over.”

“Ms. Han detention, when class finishes.” Mr. Oh said from the front of the room.

Luhan groaned, she hated Mr. Oh. When she left Rosewood she was glad that she’d never have to see that idiot’s face again. Mr. Oh was a student teacher when Luhan left and they hated each other. The previous teacher, Mrs. Yoo, was a kind old lady who idolized Luhan’s passion for English. But Mr. Oh, absolutely disagreed and intended on making her life miserable as he was doing know. Now that the idiot was a teacher, Luhan knew she was going to hate English from now on.

When she reconnected with her friends today they had scheduled to go to the Brew.

The last bell rang and all the students cleared out, “I’ll meet you all at the Brew.” Luhan said to Minseok, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo, “we can talk later.”

Luhan walked up to Mr. Oh’s desk as the man graded his papers. She scrunched her nose as he looked up at her with a poker face. All the girls in the school love Mr. Oh and she didn’t see why they liked him.

“Oh you actually stayed after class.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing, I want you to write a hundred times, I will not disrupt the class.” Mr. Oh handed Luhan two pieces of paper, “get to it.”

“I wasn’t even the only one talking!” Luhan exclaimed, “Minseok was too!”

“Yes but Minseok doesn’t talk as loud as you.” Mr. Oh pointed out.

“Are you racist or something? Is it because I’m Chinese?” Luhan yelled, her face heating up with anger “Is that why I always get in trouble?”

“Detention tomorrow as well.” Mr. Oh sighed, resuming his grading.

“Why do you keep giving me detention if you hate me?” Luhan asked.

“I am merely disciplining you Ms. Han; it is to prepare for college because I know what you go through in college.” Mr. Oh explained.

“You literally just came out of college, how old are you 20?”

“Yes, and I take it you are 18, so you should respect your oppa.”

“No duh I’m still in school.” Luhan rolled her eyes at the honorific, “I’m not Korean so I don’t need that honorific.”

“You will call me oppa unless you want another day of detention.” Mr. Oh demanded.

“Stop trying to get all the girls at school swooning over you.” Luhan frowned, “It’s disturbing that ever girl in the school has fallen under your little spell.”

“Why? Jealous?” Mr. Oh teased, “I have you know I did nothing of the sorts.”

“Whatever.” Luhan threw the papers at Mr. Oh before storming away, “I don’t see how a girl could fall for such a bastard like you, Mr. Oh.” She sneered his title as she exited the classroom.

Mr. Oh stared at the papers that had landed on his desk, she indeed wrote the sentences a hundred times. How Luhan had written it so fast was a mystery.

“Hey guys sorry I’m late, the worst teacher ever made me write I will not talk in class a hundred times.” Luhan apologized.

“He’s a great English teacher.” Baekhyun pointed out, “give him a chance.”

“I did, multiple times before I went back to China.” Luhan frowned as she ordered a cup of hot chocolate, due to her hatred of coffee, “He’s still a bastard.”

“So how has the town been since I was gone?” She asked, ignoring the topic of the annoying teacher.

“Quiet, without you and Kris.” Minseok admitted, “We sort of all lost touch.”

“Yeah it was only today that we’ve all hung out together again.” Kyungsoo added, “We’ve been swamped with our own personal lives.”

“Baekhyun you really changed the most out of all of us.” Luhan blurted, she quickly slapped a hand over . Baekhyun had lost a considerable amount of weight. The last time Luhan saw her, Baekhyun was rounder but now, she fit in with all the others; skinny and bony.

“Yeah,” Baekhyun said with a smile, “It was just because I was tired of being laughed at.”

“Anything else happen?” Luhan asked, trying to ease up the tension.

“Seohyun got a fiancée.” Kyungsoo prompted.  “He’s a doctor.”

“She finally settled down on a man, the great Do Seohyun finally stopped the crazy amount of suitors trying to take her and her money?” Luhan laughed.

“Yeah” Kyungsoo answered, “His name is Cho Kyuhyun. He’s like 23 and Seohyun is 21, their ages are at least close to each other.”

“I remember the last guy was like 35.” Minseok laughed, “She literally hit him in the head with a Vogue magazine.”

“Vogue is thick too!” Kyungsoo giggled, “I swear if he had brain cells he would’ve lost all of them.”

“I’m on the swim team.” Minseok piped, “The Rosewood Sharks.”

“Cool, I’m thinking of joining the soccer team.” Luhan sipped her hot chocolate.

“I forgot you’re the big Manchester fanatic.” Baekhyun smiled, “It’s so good to see you all again.” Baekhyun got up and whipped out her car keys, “I got to go to Tao’s, and we’re going shopping together.”

“You’re close with Tao now?” Luhan asked.

“Yup, see you later.” Baekhyun flipped her hair as she walked outside.

“I’ve got to go to.” Kyungsoo picked up her bags and her large cup of coffee, “got to meet Seohyun’s fiancée.”

“I better bolt too; my mom will go berserk if I’m not home soon.” Minseok waved as she left.

Luhan sat there alone as all her friends left. She opened up her textbooks and laid them out at her table as she started homework. She had might as well start homework because she wasn’t planning on going home anytime soon.

She had just started to read the books that stupid Mr. Oh assigned when a figure sat in the chair in front of her. She pushed her long brown locks out of her hair in astonishment. “Mr. Oh?” She frowned, pulling out one of her head phones.

“Yes?” Mr. Oh asked with a smirk on his lips. “Since we’re out of school just call me Sehun oppa.”

“Why are you here, specifically sitting at my table?” Luhan asked, glaring at him.

“I just wanted to ask you something and make things clear.” Sehun answered, “I’m not racist.”

Luhan rolled her eyes, “yes you are I know you have a grudge against me okay? Don’t lie.”

“I’m not lying; I just gave you detention because you deserved it alright?” Sehun sipped his own cup of coffee.

“What do you want to ask?” Luhan ignored him.

“How did you write this all down so fast?” Sehun showed Luhan the punishment papers she wrote.

“I just did okay.” Luhan folded her arms. “Is there anything else?” She frowned when Sehun set his coffee cup next to hers.

“Nope, nothing.” He leaned back in the chair.

“Then can you leave?” She shot him yet another glare as she put her head phones back in and continued reading.

She felt something pull out her head phones, “Don’t listen to music while reading, it’s a distraction.” He grabbed his cup and left.

Luhan frowned as she picked up her cup and took a sip but immediately gagged. It was coffee. What happened to her sweet hot chocolate?

“Sorry grabbed the wrong cup.” Sehun apologized as he took the cup from her hands and gave her back hers. H exited again and left Luhan sitting there, she saw him take another swig of coffee from the cup as he left.

“But I drank that cup…” She looked down at her own before drinking from it.

Kyungsoo entered her house to the smell of freshly cooked salmon, “Smells great…”

“Thanks, Kyuhyun and I made it together!” Seohyun giggled.

Kyungsoo looked to see a tall man, back hugging Seohyun as the two lay out the salmon.

“It’s for the dinner tonight.” Kyuhyun explained, pecking Seohyun on the cheek affectionately, “Seohyun and I made it together.”

“Thought you were a doctor.” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

“I can have other hobbies can’t I?” Kyuhyun laughed as he stepped over to Kyungsoo, “My name is Cho Kyuhyun.”

“I already know who you are.” Kyungsoo answered, “It’s nice to meet my sister’s fiancée finally.”

“It’s nice to meet my fiancée’s sister.”

Kyungsoo eyed Kyuhyun strangely as she set down her coffee cup on the kitchen counter and threw her bags onto the couch.

“Babe I’m going to the supermarket okay? We’re out of my mom’s favorite sparkling water.” Seohyun kissed Kyuhyun on the cheek as she grabbed her purse and left.

“How are classes?” Kyuhyun asked.

“They’re stressful.” Kyungsoo answered, massaging her arm painfully, “As stressful as my shoulder.”

“Shoulder pain should be treated by a doctor.” Kyuhyun pointed out.

“Which you are.” Kyungsoo looked over at Kyuhyun who was leaning against the island counter lazily.

“Yes I am.” Kyuhyun laughed, “Excellent observations.”

“I know, I would probably get a hundred on the observations part of the SAT and pass with flying colors.” Kyungsoo rubbed her shoulder, “It’s from tennis.”

“I can take a look at it if you want.” Kyuhyun offered.

Kyungsoo nodded as Kyuhyun stalked over to her.

“You need to take off that coat of yours first.”

She shrugged off the black trench-coat, revealing a white tank top. Kyuhyun ran his fingers around the base of her shoulder blade and slowly began to rub soothing circles on both of them, thoroughly massaging them.

“Your skin is really pale; it’s like the color of your tank top.” Kyuhyun stated, causing Kyungsoo to blush.

“Thanks same to you.” She answered, not really knowing what else to say. “So how’s life with Seohyun?”

“Seohyun is great, really strict about things but still cool.” Kyuhyun answered, massaging away.

“You don’t sound like a fiancée you sound like some sort of teenage boy with a girlfriend.” Kyungsoo pointed out, “Why is that don’t you love my sister?”

“I do in all respect.” Kyuhyun answered quickly, “There, your shoulders should feel better soon. I’m also very sorry that we took your loft, I wish I could help you.”

“You’re different from Seohyun’s other boyfriends.” Kyungsoo blurted, Kyuhyun looked at her with a puzzled look.

“Why is that?”

“I actually like you.” She answered with a sly smile. This caused a smile to spread across Kyuhyun’s mouth as he walked away, humming a song that Kyungsoo could not place.  

Kyungsoo watched as Seohyun’s fiancée stalked away, into the barn which she had reconstructed into a loft for herself. But since her parents valued Seohyun over Kyungsoo, it was given to Seohyun and her fiancée.  He’s her fiancé.


Intro to Luhan and Kyungsoo :) Next is Baekhyun and Minseok :D As you can tell from the plot, this is already a bit different than the real PLL series.

Enjoy!

Comment, Subscribe, Upvote, Tell Your Friends :)