(JM, S) How You Get So Fly

clap twice

Happy birthday, baibao. My cute dongsaeng~~~


"Hey, kid, isn't it a bit late for you to be out?"

Jimin nearly falls off the bench in surprise.

There's a boy snorting at Jimin who - Jimin's pretty sure - is the same boy whom Jimin was watching flying over the Quidditch pitch only moments before. Even as Jimin begins to wonder, 'How-- What--?' though, the figure on the pitch begins to fade, the globes of light that had been stand-in players disappearing shortly after. An illusion trick? Judging by the way the other boy is radiating smugness at getting the drop on Jimin, it must have been.

"So? Kid."

Oh, right, he's been asked something. Though what kind of question is that, Jimin would like to know. After all, "Aren't you out past curfew too then?"

"One," and the boy is looking at Jimin in a way that Jimin's pretty sure he's being laughed at again. "I'm a fourth year, so I can stay out later than you firsties. Two, I've got permission to use the Pitch anyway."

"Oh... Well, you were playing alone, so I thought..." Jimin ducks his head, fidgets with his glasses to hide his rising embarrassment. "So! Quidditch season's starting soon, right? Were those your plays? You fly really cool! You're a chaser, right? Oh, yeah, I'm Jimin. Jimin Park. And I'm a first year as you guessed.... I, uh, guess."

"You guess?"

"I am!"

Jimin waits expectantly then for the other boy to offer something himself, anything, but the boy is unforthcoming. With more forthrightness than he's actually feeling, Jimin reaches to poke the other boy in the thigh. It causes a satisfying yelp and jerk. "Well, what about you?"

"Hm? Was I supposed to respond to all that babbling?"

This boy, Jimin decides, may be really, really cool, but he's also kinda, maybe mean.

++++++

When he'd seen a kid slipping onto the stands in the middle of a maneuver, Yoongi had thought he'd maybe give the kid a good scare, teach a firstie about trying to sneak on their upperclassmen. (The kid's definitely a firstie with that stature.) He pulls a move he's pulled on Jin more than a couple times, a little switcheroo trick with illusions that's aided by the nightfall.

The firstie doesn't see him coming at all.

He gets a reaction far more satisfying than what he'd get from Jin, a shriek and a near fall he has trouble not laughing at. It's made more amusing by the fact the kid doesn't even seem to be in proper clothes. Yoongi is pretty sure those are pajamas with wands on them, and unless the kid's as weird as Xenophilius, he doubts those are the kid's usual casualwear. The kid is wearing them outside the dorms, though. Maybe the kid is as weird as Xenophilius. If that's so, he's made a mistake in engaging.

To his dismay, the kid - Jimin, he learns pretty quickly - may not be weird, but Jimin also doesn't know when to stop talking. He ends up learning way more about Jimin than he's interested in, somehow even gets drawn into conversation, until Jimin knows more about him than he'd like, too. (That is, any information at all.) It's just, there's something about Jimin that makes Yoongi want to tease, flirting with but never crossing the line to actual hurt. Letting slip little bits about himself isn't much of a price. ("I'm Yoongi. Yeah, those're my plays. Yeah, I'm a chaser." "Ugh, Transfigurations." "Guess you could say I'm good at Defense.")

It'll be his luck if Jimin's another Hufflepuff. Which means Jimin probably is. What is it with Hufflepuffs that like to talk to him, anyway?

"So you happened to see my lights and decided to check it out. In your pajamas."

"'Cause I got stuck on Transfigurations homework and Tae ditched me for secret reasons!"

Yoongi's not sure how that reasoning works, but he can't be arsed to ask either. His energy has begun to flag, and now that he's no longer planning to practice any longer, he finds himself aching for the comfort of his bed. Even if he still has to do homework as well. "Sure," he says. "Look, weren't you planning on going to bed before you saw me?"

Jimin grins at him. Jimin seems to do that a lot, as much as Hoseok does; it's weird. "Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"Yeah." That just makes Jimin grin wider, for some reason.

What matters is that Jimin's standing up now, whispering lumos to light his way now that he's separating from Yoongi. "I'll find you tomorrow at breakfast then!" Jimin promises.

"Don't bother."

"Don't worry, it's not a bother at all."

"Really, don't bother," Yoongi says, but he can tell Jimin's not listening to him any more.

He's not looking forward to the comments any of his friends are going to make about picking up a first year tagalong.Ugh, he thinks, as he begins to put away the Quidditch gear.

It turns out he's going to regret interacting with Jimin even more than he expected, as he sees a familiar face with a very apparent red and gold tie trotting toward him the next morning. Not a Hufflepuff after all, Yoongi realises with a groan.

"So you're a Slytherin! ...Even though you're at the Hufflepuff table?"

Yoongi lets his head fall to the table, barely missing his breakfast. He's not awake enough to deal with this .


a/n: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPH. sorry for the last-minute-ness of this, there was gonna be another... thing. too, but ah. let's just say there was a moment (or many) of research panic. I hope you enjoy this though? It's not yoonmin yet, but. This is the start of these two, hehehe.

yeah, I've got no excuse for not updating for this long, sorry folks.