Final

I Found the Perfect Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Turn to the left! Chin up!” Click.

 

“Good. Ok change pose.” Flash.

 

“Lean to the side and your knees, bend it slightly.” Click.

 

“I said slightly! Yes that’s right!” Flash.

 

“Very good. Now you need to be looked so in love. Think of your special someone and pose!” Click.

 

“Ok good!” Click.

 

Flash. Click. Flash. Click. Flash. Click. Flash.

 

“Ok let’s take a short break. We’ll resume after 5 minutes," Chanyeol said as he carefully set his professional camera onto the table sitting on one corner of the studio. Some of the staffs left their assigned toils and proceeded to their owns, others took a tiny rest. Chanyeol sat in front of couple of his laptops to check his shots out. He sipped on his coffee latté, eyes on the digital photos. He looked at it with awe and amusement. All of his staffs were more than satisfied with the output of their works. The photographs were amazing as always. What do you expect with a professional photographer like him?

 

Park Chanyeol had already made to be well-known in photography industry. He was quite prominent internationally and was one of the most famous and finest photographers in South Korea. Magazines, newspapers, commercials, ads and such companies were spending all they’ve got just to get Chanyeol and be their official photographer. But he chose to be a free lance photog. He liked it more than having contracts and a boss.

 

 

 

 

 

~○○○~

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah!” he said in sore. Chanyeol felt a slight pang on his shoulder. Seemed like something hard hit it. He was lost in his deep thoughts before he realized that he had bumped into a guy. He gazed down and saw a boy wearing a pair of jeans and a gray shirt. He was gathering some papers from the ground and placing it back to a black file folder he was holding. The guy was shorter than him, he could say that by his figure. He had an auburn hair that was neatly styled. The guy’s back was on him, so he guessed so.

 

Chanyeol bent his knees down to help the stranger and get the other papers scattered on the ground. He did it while holding still on the camera laced hanging on his nape down below his chest and a camera case do up on his shoulder.

 

He handed the couple of papers back to its owner. He was starstruck when he saw the stranger’s cherubic face. His auburn hair that was neatly style was perfect for him. His eyes with some liners were one of the prettiest he’d ever seen. It was more attractive than the models he had worked with. At least for Chanyeol. His attire was flawlessly fit on his torso. The stranger was beautiful. Or handsome. Or whatever. He couldn’t argue with that.

 

“I’m sorry,” the stranger uttered as he tried to get a hold on the papers Chanyeol was giving. But the latter was again lost in his dreamy thoughts that he didn’t want to let the stuff go. The stranger tilted his head to the side and tried to figure out what was up with the tall guy. “Um…”

 

Chanyeol finally got back to reality and gave the papers back. “No, I’m sorry. I was lost in my thoughts. I didn’t see you," Chanyeol murmured as he lowered his head. The stranger grinned before he secured his papers into the folder.

 

The shorter guy looked back to Chanyeol and giggled. The taller was embarrassed at the guy’s reaction. What was really funny? Was there a dirt on his face? Did he look like a comedian or a clown? He was aware that he looked like a creep when he smiled but he wasn’t smiling, so why this guy in front of him giggling? Chanyeol was concussed.

 

“Sorry,” the stranger finally stopped.                                                                                                          

 

“What’s funny?” Chanyeol frowned for a second.                                                                                              

 

“Nothing actually,” he paused and caught a breath. “I was j-just expecting you to rant over me and screamed like an idiot about our collision, but you apologized instead,” he laughed.

 

“Was that a compliment?”

 

“I think so,” he replied as he tried his best to restrain himself from giggling again. But he found it so hard.

 

Chanyeol again opened his mouth but no words came out. He was mesmerized with the guy. He was weird, but he had a positive aura and he liked  him it. The sounds of his laugh were melodious. He liked the rectangular shape his lips formed when he was laughing. Chanyeol stared at him for a minute but it felt like ages. He tried to memorize the face features of the shorter guy.

 

The stranger stopped laughing for the second time. “Gotta go! Bye!” he sneered and his heel.

 

Click.

 

Chanyeol wanted to stop him but he walked a little faster. He regretted two things: One, he wasn’t able to introduce himself. And two he wasn’t able to know the stranger’s number name. He wondered if he could see him again. He was hoping as he watched the stranger left until he faded away from his sight.

 

 

 

That was how they met for the first time.

 

 

 

 

 

~○○○~

 

 

 

 

 

Days had passed but Chanyeol couldn’t get the stranger he bumped into away from his mind. He kept on thinking about that day with him. At home, at work. While he’s eating or taking a shower. His face was glued on his mind. He didn’t know what was that feeling, all he knew is he just wanted to see him again.

 

This day was quite strenuous. He executed three straight long photoshoots all day. He even went home later than usual. Chanyeol threw himself onto his king-sized bed and let it absorbed all the exhaustion he had. To rest was all he wanted right now.

 

 

 

Chanyeol saw the stranger smiling to him. He was about to walk towards him. Step. Step. Step. He took many steps but every inch the shorter guy was getting farther. Then he ditched away. He opened his eyes and realized that it was a dream. Thank goodness. It was already passed midnight. He sat up, bum against bed. He opened his laptop and took a look at his photographs. Next. Next. Next. Next. He stopped at a particular picture. He sneered as he stared at it. It was the stranger’s side profile, but his smile was clearly seen. He captured it so quick that day when they collided but the photo came out good enough. The photog heard a single throb on his chest, a bit louder than usual.

 

 

 

Chanyeol didn’t know how he slept last night. He wasn’t even able to set an alarm. He was indebted that he woke up early. At least. Because he didn’t dare to be late to an important meeting he had to attend at lunch. He showered and came out with a black pair of suit and a crimson tie. A velvet pair of shoes to complete him up. He looked like an eye-catching young businessman. He prepped himself and drove off to the coffee shop where the meeting was set.

 

He was somehow irritated with his attire. Chanyeol was not used to formal suits and to formal meetings. His clients usually just call him or just send him an e-mail and he would just say yes or no. It was actually the first time he had a face-to-face meeting with a client in his three years in the business. It was a big project anyway. And his bestfriend Jongdae begged for it so he had to.                                                                                                                                                       

 

The photographer arrived thirty minutes earlier at the shop. He sat down on a coffee table reserved for them. The male crew went over him and asked if he wanted anything. Chanyeol shook his head and said he’ll order later. The crew bowed and his heel back to the counter. Chanyeol got his velvet wallet from his pocket. He opened it and there was the stranger’s picture. He remembered that he printed it out last night and placed it in his wallet’s see-through compartment. He was gaping at it for eons until three men in suit appeared in front of him. Two in black and one in gray. He put his wallet back to his suit inside pocket and faced his clients. He stood up and they exchanged greetings and bows. They ordered their coffees. His favorite Latté for Chanyeol, and espressos for the three men. Old guys loved the bitterness of the coffee. He thought.

 

The meeting was quite long and boring. Maybe because Chanyeol was not just used to it. The photog excused himself to the restroom to wipe the knot building in his head. He was too bored and sleepy for gad sake. He walked through the empty coffee tables and chairs to the restroom. He was thinking if the shop was going to be bankrupted soon. He chuckled and soon frowned at the thought. Chanyeol was about to open the door of the lavatory when someone opened it from the inside. A guy came out that made Chanyeol astonished.

 

He was the stranger he bumped into. The guy he had a picture on his wallet. Yes it was him. The taller guy was stunned, but he still managed to say a word. “Hi!” His voice was deep but a little bit cracked. He cleared his throat as he looked at him intently.

 

The stranger looked up at the tall guy in suit in front of him. He tilted his head to the side trying to figure out who was this guy who just said hi to him. Eyes blinking. Chanyeol grinned but he made sure he didn’t look creepy so the shorter won’t be scared. The stranger realized that he was cute for his height.

 

“Um… Y-You and I… B-Bumped into… um,” Chanyeol had a mental facepalm for stuttering.

 

“Ah! Ya I remembered! Wow. Small world," the stranger giggled.

 

“I’m Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol," the photographer gathered all of his courage to introduce himself. It was his chance. Those clients of him can wait anyway. He was about to lend his hand to the shorter guy when they heard a low scream from somewhere.

 

              

 

"Hyung! Let’s go. We’ll be late. You’re such a turtle."

 

              

 

They turned to the direction of the voice. Chanyeol saw a guy with a fair skin and somewhat same height with the stranger. His eyes looked like a doe. He assumed he was the shorter guy’s brother or a friend. He didn’t want to think that he was his boyfriend. He just didn’t want to.

 

“Coming!” the auburn-head replied. He sent a smile to Chanyeol for a goodbye as he walked towards the doe-eyed boy. They were in hurry apparently.

 

Chanyeol scowled. He regretted two things again: One, he didn’t get the stranger’s name for the second time. And two, he didn’t brought his dang camera along with him (well, sane people wouldn’t bother to have a camera inside toilets).

 

              

 

That was the second time they met.

 

 

 

 

 

~○○○~

 

 

 

 

 

The day for his big project had come. Jongdae, as the editor-in-chief of the magazine and as Chanyeol’s bestfriend volunteered to assist him on this photoshoot. The magazine was quite prominent for it was owned by a famous clothing-line who sponsored Hollywood artists. Chanyeol was a bit pressured because his photographs will be published not just in whole Korea, but around the world. But he was not nervous at all. Jongdae muttered praising words to him to cheer him up. The photographer was grateful.

 

Chanyeol set his cameras, lenses and laptops for the shoot. The staffs prepped the lights, reflectors and other props they needed. The models were at the dressing room for make-ups and fittings. The photographer didn’t know why they didn’t introduce the models to him.

 

 Finally, everything was situated. The female models first came out wearing elegant dresses. The shoot went smoothly. Their looks complied well with the mag issue’s concept. Chanyeol could say that the make-up artists and their designers did a great job. Next were the male models. The photog was shocked, his jaw dropped when he saw the stranger among the models. He was wearing the male attire of the clothing-line, and it was dang gorgeous with him. He was standing out among the other male models. At least for Chanyeol. Jongdae snapped the photographer out from his reverie. Then he was back at work. Chanyeol cleared his throat and tried to be professional again as he was. He was so embarrassed. Nevertheless, the second shoot went smoothly as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What happened to the professional Park Chanyeol just a few minutes ago uh?” Jongdae teased.

 

“What!” Chanyeol said irritatingly.

 

“You were stunned with one of the male model, weren’t you?” his bestfriend laugh. “The one with auburn hair, right?”

 

Chanyeol didn’t answer his friend. He knew he was right, but was he that obvious? He tried to ignore Jongdae and focused on choosing his best shots among his photographs instead. He stopped at the stranger’s solo shot. Jongdae saw his friend’s eyes were shining while staring at it. He knew he was right. Well, he was always right when it comes to his bestfriend.

 

“But, I swear you won’t like him if I introduce him to you," Jongdae said seriously. Chanyeol was concussed. What did he mean? Maybe he’s not gay. He guessed. That would be a serious problem if that so. He looked at Jongdae, eyes filled with queries.

 

 

 

Jongdae went back from who-knows-where with someone on his back. He walked towards Chanyeol and called his bestfriend to face them.

 

“This is Park Chanyeol. He’s the photographer. You’ve seen him, right?” Jongdae introduced his friend to the model. The photographer was staring blankly from his bestfriend to the model and glared back at his bestfriend.

 

“Yes. I already met him actually. Twice," the model uttered and smiled. Chanyeol gulped when he saw his smile again. It melted his insides.

 

“Really?” Jongdae was quite surprised. “My bestfriend didn’t tell me that. Aish” he scowled at the photographer, as the latter gave him a pleading look.

 

“Yes," the model grinned at the editor-in-chief then turned to Chanyeol. “Sorry for the last time. I was in a hurry back then. I didn’t even say my name. By the way, I’m Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.” He lent his hand to the photographer. Chanyeol didn’t move a bit, so Jongdae get his hand and shook it with Baekhyun’s. The photographer was paled and not moving at all. No one could actually tell if hs still breathing.

 

“He was pleased to meet you," Jongdae chuckled at his bestfriend’s reaction. “I think he’s just stunned with you Baekhyun. Forgive him.”

 

Baekhyun was confused but soon laughed at Jongdae’s statement. He felt his cheeks burning red. He hoped the taller guy won’t recognize it. It was awkward.

 

The photographer finally spoke, “B-Baekhyun… Are you sure your name is Byun Baekhyun?”

 

“Um. Yes?” Baekhyun puckered his brows with confusion.

 

“Ah. Y-Yeah. Excuse me," Chanyeol said as he his heel.

 

“I told him,” Jongdae sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

~○○○~

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was in the middle school when it happened on their educational tour. Their last destination was on a carnival. He forced Jongdae to traverse all the blockbuster rides even though his bestfriend was not fond of it. Thus, when Jongdae asked him to go to a fortune-teller, he couldn’t say no. He didn’t believe fore-tellers or psychics or whatever, as well as Jongdae but the latter just wanted to test the old lady. And he thought it would be fun.

 

Jongdae came to the fore-teller first. He was shocked when the old lady with a weird hair dress and a colorful printed outfit said that his soul mate is a cute soccer player. He wondered where the heck the old lady got that. She didn’t even use the tarot cards on the table in between them, nor didn’t she take a look on Jongdae’s palm like other tellers usually do. She just blabbered that out of nowhere. Was she tripping on them? Jongdae thought of it and he was irate when he realized that soccer players are almost guys. When Jongdae was about to protest, the old lady said she knew he’s gay. He didn’t expect it, but she was right. Chanyeol laughed out loud at the seat right behind his bestfriend. Jongdae glared at him. The old lady added that he’ll work with papers which made Jongdae more confused and she just became more unbelievable to them. Chanyeol’s bestfriend stood up and threw him to the fore-teller, he tried to run off but Jongdae’s strength is a no joke compared to him, despite of their height difference. The two stopped squabbling when the old lady spoke, “You’re soulmate’s name is Baekhyun.”

 

The two heeded to the fore-teller and found out that he was talking to Chanyeol. Jongdae laughed for Baekhyun seemed like a boy’s name. He got back to his friend easily. Thanks to the old lady for the quick revenge. Chanyeol was a bit pissed off. He stood up and dragged his bestfriend out of the fore-teller’s tent after he paid the old lady. He still had a gut to pay her though she was a big troll.

 

They didn’t believe the old lady at all and tried to forget that it happened. Until Jongdae found himself elected as their campus’ paper editor-in-chief: The fore-teller said, he’ll work with papers. And during their senior high when Jongdae met his other half–Minseok, one of the best players of their school’s soccer team. He looked tough and manly when he’s playing soccer but his baozi cheeks were way too cute. He fitted on the old lady’s description: A cute soccer player.

 

Whilst, Chanyeol met Kim Baekhyun, a new transferred student. He remembered the old lady’s statement that his soulmate’s name is Baekhyun. They got together due to his bestfriend’s rams but their relationship didn’t last. He was frustrated and brokenhearted. He cussed himself for believing the fore-teller.

 

Then he met another Baekhyun, so many Baekhyuns. Lee Baekhyun. Ahn Baekhyun. Do Baekhyun. Choi Baekhyun. Shin Baekhyun. Jeon Baekhyun. Name it. He bet he already met all the Baekhyuns around his age in whole Korea. Total of 23 Baekhyuns. 22 boys and 1 girl. He cussed the old lady everytime he was hurt. He cussed himself for believing in what the fore-teller said. He was tired of believing in soulmates, fate or destiny or whatever they call that. He decided to don’t believe in love either. He promised not to get along with any Baekhyun he would meet in the future. He opted to focus on his career. He did everything to be the finest photographer in Korea. For three years, he was happy with what he had achieved. He's already contented with his life. That was his opinion.

 

 

 

 

 

~○○○~

 

 

 

              

 

It took him ages to forget. It was in whole three years that he ditched love away from his vocabu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter