| Wishful Thinking

Linear

-

When were things suppose to be like this?

"I have to show you something." He instant messaged, carefully and hesitantly pressing each key.

"Okay." Henry replied with a smiley face.

Kyuhyun took an intake of breath, preparing himself as he pasted the link onto the message and murmured to himself some motivation.

He could do this. Just click the button and that was it.

He pressed enter.

Henry is now offline.

"..."

Kyuhyun started to panic. Did Henry possibly sense what he was about to do? Did those six words he typed in really bear all his feelings so openly?

Just then a text came through his phone.

"Odd, my internet just went out. Trying to fix it." It read.

Kyuhyun breathed out a sigh of relief and texted back. He closed the phone and waited patiently for his username to appear online again.

- 40 minutes later -

Still waiting.

- Two hours later -

Kyuhyun persisted in staring at the screen until his eyes felt sore when the phone rang again, he read the message.

"The internet still isn't working."

A few seconds later another message appeared.

"I'm tired, going to bed~!"

Kyuhyun was left to stare at following 'Night.' He dropped his head on the table covered in plenty of colored liquid bottles, completely exhausted. Maybe this was a sign, he thought, maybe this was the clear signal telling him this was a horrible idea he should have never considered.

He just wished he believed in such a thing.

"Kyuhyun!" The younger man heard and instantly looked up from his cell. "Back to work!"

Kyuhyun sighed as Shindong gestured for him to hurry, he ran forward and continued on as the camera flashed.

That brief hint of insanity was quickly forgotten.

The face of magazines, photo books, commercials that aired almost daily, but it never once got to his head. He took it as a job, and he wasn't gained the status of most.

Still, the first rule maintained was that he at least took care of himself from any bodily harm. Such a simple rule he had to obey, but around him, it was nearly impossible.

Kyuhyun was barely able to turn around when a large basketball nailed him in the face.

"I told you to dodge."

Kyuhyun turned a sharp gaze at his friend's rather cheerful grin. "You did not."

"Ah, really? I guess I forgot to." Henry voiced, dribbling the ball once before tossing it in the direction of his other friends. Kyuhyun checked for any hint of blood from his small mirror when Henry shifted his attention back to him.

Kyuhyun continued an array of threats, but each one landed on deaf ears as Henry reached for his hand. Kyuhyun stubbornly remained put as Henry tugged his wrist, but was soon forced to go along.

"That's rude."

Kyuhyun childishly held back his bowl of ice cream, one Henry repeatedly tried to scoop when he wasn't paying attention. "So is depleting my wallet everyday," Kyuhyun countered.

"You just filmed a CF the other day, being cheap isn't a good look for you. That I'm still a growing boy."

"You're still short." Kyuhyun winced at the sharp pain to his legs. "You didn't have to kick me."

"You didn't have to comment on my height, I say we're even." Henry said reproachfully and daringly reached for the food. Kyuhyun was appropriately out of it, but maybe too much so. The meeting place, their actions in between, his thoughts continually nudged and drifted to what he was afraid to admit.

It almost seemed like a date.

His eyes shifted away immediately, trying his best to repress the thought, but it continually popped up. Wishful thinking wasn't his friend at the moment.

"What was it that you wanted to send me yesterday?"

Kyuhyun coughed on his drink, he kind of wished Henry's memory would forget last night. "Nothing important." He finally mustered to say, hoping to tread around the subject.

Henry shook his head in disbelief. "Something's wrong."

The question snapped Kyuhyun back to the current moment. "N-no." Henry arched an eyebrow at his stutter. "It's nothing. There's nothing wrong with me."

"Now let's not be modest." Henry said sweetly. "There are plenty of things wrong with you I can list alone."

Kyuhyun scowled. The words immediately put him out of his inner conflict and tried to reach for the bowl, except Henry kept it in place stubbornly. He exhaled sharply, trying his best to glare at the young man for its return.

Henry merely gave a smile, one he used purposely to win people over in the countless times they had gotten in trouble. Kyuhyun was glad to say that it wasn't the smile that won him over, he could easily see through the character smile and closer to the deviance it held.

"I really don't like you." Kyuhyun uttered. To that, Henry grinned and scooped a second bite,

"Today, it's mutual."

-

"What have I done to deserve this?" He asked out loud as he threw the make up on the counter. Slouching on the couch with his arms over his eyes.

"Falling in love is hardly a punishment." His manager, Shindong commented.

"When its Henry, it is." His voice said muffled beneath his arms.

"But you still like him in the end." Kyuhyun raised his arms enough to visibly narrow his eyes at Shindong who held up his hands. "I'm simply stating the obvious, you're bitter because you like him."

"And here I thought I was being discreet."

"Have you ever thought about asking him out?"

Kyuhyun immediately sat up and stared at him accusingly. "Are you insane?"

Shindong blinked as the other stood up and began to pace back and forth. "I'll refrain from suggesting such a simple solution again."

"It's not simple." He uttered as he crossed his arms in defiance.

"Yes, it is." Shindong reasoned. "You like him and-"

"You're missing half the equation, I may like him, but he doesn't feel the same."

"...Why must you compare everything in life to math?"

"Because it makes sense, math makes sense, the world makes sense, Henry and I make none at all."

This was a constant feeling, to feel frustrated by the thought of Henry, enough that he was nearly ready to pound his hand into the wall to release some of that bottled emotion. All the while, trying to reason with his heart.

Whether he liked to admit it or not, he had grown feelings for the brat.

This person who still acted childish, who played pranks and relentlessly. The same person who held an unnerving glint that always told him he had something up his sleeve. The kind of person who ran down an aimless path, held no clear direction whatsoever, or at least one that was understood by anyone.

The myth that opposite attracts one another was complete bull and he refused to believe it. Unfortunately, he was unwillingly becoming living proof.

-

A loud knock was heard, and he wondered briefly if it was part of his dreams or real life. Exhausted, he turned his head towards the door, "Yes?" He called out, no response.

He slumped back onto the bed, deciding it was just a dream and turned around to get comfortable when he widened his eyes only slightly at the abrupt sound of keys being pressed.

Henry waved lazily at him, swinging about in his computer chair with the laptop's screen flashing behind him. "Morning."

"I locked that door."

"That's why I went through your window."

He shook his head and turned away, resting his eyes as his best friend rolled his chair close to the bed and patted his chest playfully for minutes on end. Kyuhyun gave a questioning look, prompting him to ask what he wanted.

"Entertain me."

"I am not a toy." Kyuhyun mumbled, struggling to keep his eyes opened.

"If you were, I'd have returned you months ago."

"Who says this toy wants it owner? I demand a recall."

Henry smiled as he swung back to face the laptop, staring at Kyuhyun's online blog on display. "I thought you said you'd never sign up for one of these things."

"You know I had no choice in that matter." Kyuhyun drawled quietly, "Too many personal questions."

"It seems like you answered most of them though," Henry noted. He read through the answers, once done he turned around and plopped beside him on the bed. Henry propped his chin on Kyuhyun's chest, staring innocently at him. "I'm tired."

"So was I a few minutes ago." Kyuhyun murmured, turning his lowered eyes towards him.

He watched as Henry's eyelids gradually became heavier, drooping until he closed them and laid comfortably against the top of his chest.

Kyuhyun unconsciously, unwillingly, relaxed his gaze. He did his best to feign anger even now despite the fact that Henry was asleep, but couldn't hold to it.

He tapped his fingers on his head, watching as Henry twitched slightly under his touch, the edge of his lips twitched upward.

He slung his arm over the younger man's torso and pulled the covers over them, comfortably exhaling as he joined him, yet his attention shifted back to the still lit screen.

Relationship Status: Single

Just how much longer would he have to deal with that glaring question?