Chapter 89 – In Which We Go For a Stroll in the Park

Deer Luhan, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Deer Luhan,

What is it with you people constantly creeping on me and Sehun?  You’re worse than your fans.

Leigh

 

Sehun’s anxious face was hovering inches above my own as he slipped his arms underneath me.

“Tell me if it hurts and I’ll stop,” he said.

I rolled my eyes.  “Honestly, I can get out of bed on my own.”

“You were crying a moment ago when you trying to sit up by yourself,” he pointed out, hoisting me up into his arms.

“That’s because I need more painkillers.”

Railing barked as if in agreement.  Sehun set me down on my feet by the door, which I noticed belatedly was no longer blocked by my desk and bookcase, and opened it, cautiously peeking out.

“Oh, good.”  He breathed a sigh of relief.  “They’re all still downstairs.”

“Still?” I echoed.  “They’re still in this house?”

“Tao insisted on celebrating his birthday here.”

“Oh God,” I groaned.  Not that I resented the guy being born or anything, but if he used it as an excuse to keep me and Sehun cooped up with the rest of them and start asking totally inappropriate question, I was going to stab something.

“And I thought we should escape while they’re still occupied with cake and think you’re asleep.”

“Good thinking.”

He helped me along to the top of the stairs, but we were forced to a quick halt when Railing bounded in front of us, tailing wagging.

“Hey, down, down, down,” Sehun admonished him as Railing tried to my face.  “Basket, Railing.”

Railing cocked an ear at him.  Sehun reached into his pocket and pulled out a dog treat.  Railing went still immediately, panting as he eyed Sehun’s hand.  Sehun lobbed the treat down the stairs.

“Wait here a sec,” he said.  “I’m going to get your meds for you – then we can go.”

He was back before I could count to ten, and Railing was still happily chewing at his treat near the bottom of the stairs.  Sehun the pills into my hand, looked between me and the stairs again, and then picked me up before proceeding down them as quietly as possible.

The kitchen door, thank God, was mostly closed as we passed it, and it sounded like a riot was going on inside.  Sehun paused by the front door and eyed my crutches.

“We’ll leave those,” he said, looking quite happy about it.  “They were what gave us away earlier.”

“I really can’t walk very far without them.”

“I can be your crutch.”  He sounded smug.  “Um… where do you want to go?  I don’t really know London all that well.”

“Anywhere with fresh air is good,” I said, pulling open the front door.  He grabbed me around the waist to ensure I wouldn’t fall.  “Ow, careful!”

“Sorry!”  He withdrew his hands so sharply it was like I’d burnt him or something.  Once we were out on the front step and the door was closed behind us, he put my arm around his shoulders and tentatively wrapped one of his around my waist.  “Is this okay?”

I nodded, and we started down into the street.

“Though, I probably ought to get Tao a birthday present,” I added.  “Clothes?  He likes clothes….”

“You can’t go wrong with clothes,” Sehun agreed.

“Oxford Street, then, I guess.”

 

It was before rush hour, but most of the schools were just getting out, so the tube was pretty packed.  I was beginning to wish Sehun had brought the crutches along anyway, because then I would have been able to convincingly kick somebody out of the priority seats to sit down.

Then again, he kept me tucked away safely into his side the whole ride, and it wasn’t like I could complain about that at all.  My dad would have approved of the good care he was taking of me.

We must have looked like one of those sickeningly cute couples joined at the hip as we wandered through the shops on Oxford Street.  I was tempted to get Tao a chicken onsie I spotted in one store, but Sehun vetoed it, looking a little incredulous.

“A panda I could understand,” he said, putting it back on the rack for me, “and he already has about five of those, but a chicken?”

“I was just feeling it,” I mumbled.  “It would have looked awesome with his nunchucks.”

“There are two things you and Luhan have in common,” Sehun told me, catching my wince of pain and handing me a water bottle he’d bought earlier so I could pop a couple of paracetamols.  “Your face, and a totally questionable fashion sense.”

“I like to think we’re both awesome, too.”

“Oh, and you’re both vain.”

Chuckling, I bopped him on the head with the water bottle.

“I’m actually amazed either of you were capable of choosing the dress you were wearing to the party yesterday,” Sehun mused as he hauled me into the next shop.  “I would have thought it was your mad friend Abbie if I hadn’t had photo proof from China.”

“Speaking of Abbie, I’m surprised you survived your arrival in England.  How did she manage not to freak out on you all?”

Sehun gave me a blank look.  “She didn’t.  Kai said he’s never been so glad to find out somebody had a boyfriend before in his life.  I think he’s still scared of her.”

“Kai is her bias,” I admitted.

“Yeah, I think he’s pretty aware of that now.”

 

In the end, I bought two designer t-shirts and a pair of jeans for Tao (Sehun had a large input as to what was or wasn’t acceptable), and we ended u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter