The Patronus

Obliviate

When Sehun first time laid his eyes on that raven-haired kid, he knew the guy would cause him some serious problems.

It was the beginning of the Autumn when Sehun stepped inside the train on the platform 9 ¾ heading to his new school. Also known as Hogwarts, the school of wizardry. Sehun always knew his place on earth. He knew that he was somewhat unique on his own way because he could do things normal people, muggles, couldn’t do; like move things without touching them or having light in the dark by using just a small word; lumos.

His whole family is just the same as him; unique, pure-bloods, or that’s what they’re called.

Sehun thought about his family as his parents waved at him from the small window on the other side of the train. Sehun just gave them a warm smile before walking forward on the corridor, which was already filled with other students, he didn’t recognize. He knew no one, which usually would be rather sad, but Sehun didn’t feel alone. It was a relief to know there were other people like him. It would always be easy to talk to someone and start a discussion by comparing magic skills or something.

The hardest part was finding even a single free seat. Every suite seemed to be taken and Sehun would rather sit alone than listen to the screaming the whole trip through.

When Sehun came across a room, which seemed empty, he beamed from happiness. His smile was soon faded as he found out the room was already taken by one guy, with black hair that almost covered his eyes. The guy seemed to read a book, but as soon as he felt the presence of another person on the other side of the wooden door, his eyes got slightly up. Just enough to get a look of Sehun, who quickly continued his way to the end of the train, still searching a place to sit, but with no effort.

Sehun didn’t want to go back, but didn’t feel the urge to continue his way to the sophomore-wagon either. He had no choice but to turn around and search that emptiest suite once again.
Once he reached the door, opening it slightly the guy didn’t look up this time. Just stared at his book with no emotion on his face.

Sehun coughed softly, getting no attention to himself.

“Mind if I crash here?” The blond haired asked and wondered if someone had already pulled a prank on him and made him invisible, since the guy kept his gaze on his book. For his relief the guy opened up his mouth to answer;

“Do whatever you like.” Wow. This guy was cold, but nevertheless Sehun paid no attention as he pushed his luggage on their own place above the setas and sat down on the soft bench. He didn’t know where to look to be quite honest. Should he stare outside the window or at his hands lying on top of his thighs? He hadn’t brought anything to read unless we count those studying books he had bought couple weeks ago.

The train had been moving for 20 minutes without the duo speaking a word to each other. Sehun usually didn’t mind being quiet, but this silence was more than just awkward and he knew the raven-haired guy felt the anxious air too. That’s when he decided to try open up his mouth, just to be friendly like his mother had taught him.

“What are you reading?” The boy asked silently, turning his eyes off from the window where the views changed in quick pace. The boy across him lifted up his eyes giving a glance towards Sehun but said no word when he turned back to his book.

“I’m Sehun. Just… Thought that I could introduce myself.” The blondie watched as the other one kept his eyes on the book, switching the page before letting out a soft sigh.
“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you Sehun.”

That’s it? Nothing else?
“You’re not giving me your name?” Sehun didn’t mean to sound so pushing, but usually, if he knew any better, people would introduce themselves too at this point of discussion.
“Why? Do you need my name for something?”
“N-no, I just… Nevermind.” Sehun turned his face back to the window and this time the raven haired guy lifted up his face smirking.

“You’d know my name if you wouldn’t give up so easily.” The guy smiled softly, but Sehun stayed stiff. What did the guy mean by that? And since Sehun couldn’t bring himself to say anything, the guy sighed again closing his book, but leaving his index finger between the pages he was on.

“My name is Zitao and I’m reading Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit” The raven-haired smiled again lifting up his brown covered book and Sehun found himself nodding.

“What does it tell about?” He didn’t know why he was asking. Maybe because the guy finally seemed to open up and he for some weird reason wanted to keep on the conversation.
“Well… Dragons?” It sounded like a question. And Sehun didn’t know if Tao was asking for himself or just said it sarcastically because thinking  Sehun probably didn’t know what a book of dragons usually told about.

“Oh yeah right, of course”, Sehun uttered out a laughter, “Do you like them?”
“Like what?”
“Dragons. You like dragons?”
“Oh! Yeah, yes I do. I’ve always wanted one”, Zitao smiled while opening his book and searching one certain picture before turning the pages towards Sehun, “This, this I like the most.” Sehun saw a picture of a Hungarian Horntail and shivered.

“I’ve heard those are really dangerous…” He said lifting up his other brow in confusion.
“Yeah, but look what a beauty. My dad trained one once. I was about seven when I got to see one first time in my life. Nice creature really, although I happened to get the other half of my hair burned…” Zitao laughed so lightly to the tense subject, Sehun couldn’t find out why. There was nothing funny about that situation. People had died training that specie.
“So. You told your dad trained dragons, right? Is he still doing that?”
“Umh… Yeah. Maybe in other dimension.”
“What do you mean?”
“He kind of disappeared. My mom told me he’s on a business trip, but he’s been there for almost all my life so I think we all know what that means.” For that Zitao didn’t laugh. He got back to his page where he had left and Sehun asked no more questions about Zitao’s personal life. He knew he had gone too far. Instead he wanted to keep the more calm conversation ongoing so he pulled out his wand and asked the original question; do you know any good spells?

 

Sehun would have never thought that Zitao ended up being a Hufflepuff. Their ways parted at the exact moment when Tao jumped out under the sorting hat, which spent a good time thinking where he should put the raven-haired guy. Sehun always thought that Zitao belonged to Slytherin, just like him, but as he watched from his seat when the hat yelled out the sad words of “This boy clearly is a Hufflepuff”, Sehun couldn’t believe his ears. He watched as Tao jumped off the stool and walked towards his new group of friends who clapped at him and a tall guy leaned his hand forward expecting Tao to grab it, which he eventually did. Sehun knew he wasn’t losing his so-called friend, of course they had classes together, but it was a bummer that he couldn’t speak to the guy as much as he would have liked. His way to the school had been very nice from his point of view and now what? Did he have to start again with somebody new?

 

Getting friends wasn’t problem for Sehun. He quickly became pretty popular among his housemates. Maybe it was because he joined the Slytherin quidditch team and was pretty valuable player there, also known as the chaser. Or maybe it was because of his looks. In couple years Sehun seemed to grow up into this mysterious, good looking boy, who followed the steps of the legendary Draco Malfoy. Was he just as bad? No. He just seemed like a cold person, so everybody expected him to be like the son of Mr. Malfoy.

The thing people couldn’t understand was that, why on earth would a popular guy like Sehun, enjoy spending his free time with a person belonging to Hufflepuff? Sehun would several times object the rules and carry his tray next to Zitao’s own, sit down beside him and have lunch together with the raven-haired guy and his friends Yixing and Jongdae, who also belonged to the same house as Zitao.

 

“Good luck for tomorrow’s quidditch match.” Zitao said one day, mouth full of food. Ah yes… Slythering and Hufflepuff would battle against each other the next evening and Sehun was feeling nervous about it.
“Shouldn’t you say that to your own team mates?” Sehun laughed biting the food off from his fork. Zitao hadn’t gotten into the quidditch team, not that he even cared, but he should even cheer for his own house, right?
“Oh? Should I?” Zitao swallowed the food and Sehun caught himself staring the adam’s apple, which popped when the food passed the throat. The blonde haired guy tried hard not to choke on his own dinner.
“M-maybe you should?” It was like a question. “But anyway… Thank you for your poor cheers. I promise we will beat up your house this period and get those 20 points.” Sehun smirked and earned a soft hits on his forearm.
“Let’s see who beats up and who!” Zitao screeched earning few stares towards himself.
“Torture spells are unforgivable here Tao and you know that!” Sehun tried his best to defend himself from Tao’s ongoing hits.
“You wouldn’t dare to tell even a fly if I crucio your to the point of not feeling it!” Sehun went silent. And so did Tao. That didn’t come out as planned and the soft laughters beside them were enough to prove that. Both boys sat up straight and continued eating almost without a word until Tao wished Sehun good luck for his game one more time before leaving the great hall and getting back to the next class with his friends.

 

♡♡♡ 

The quidditch match was as horrible as Sehun had predicted. It was raining like hell and he couldn’t see (maybe because he refused to use those stupid glasses because they ruined his sight) and the fact that Hufflepuff’s team had enormously gotten better players and gaming plans didn’t help the situation at all. Sehun was partly scared that they would things up completely this year.

For Slytherin’s luck the game ended well. And for Sehun’s part, not so well; he had gotten a hit from the Quaffle and almost broke his elbow. He had managed to kick the first Quaffle back towards the other team, but the second one came from nowhere to be honest.

“You should be more careful…” Tao had managed to say when he sat down on to the chair next to Sehun’s bed in the hospital wing. Sehun just scoffed taking a small look at his packed arm before turning his face back towards Tao, who was now reading a book about potions.

“It’s not my fault I got distracted.”
“About what? You have one freaking job in your team and you got distracted?”
“I have two jobs if we’re being clear. Two balls, two jobs.”
“Oh shut it.” Sehun saw how Tao tried to hide his wide smile behind his book, which only made the corners of his own mouth rise a bit.

 

Their silent but very comfortable time was soon interrupted by the blondie’s friends, who had appeared next to the bed almost half an hour later the incident.
“How you’re doing here?” Chanyeol asked and took a knowing look towards Tao. He didn’t even need to ask what the guy was doing there, because he knew Sehun and Tao were this weird team together. He didn’t know what they saw in each other, but as far as he was concerned, he didn’t care.

“I’m good…” Sehun answered and showed his arm for his friends who just laughed, saying something like ‘that was predictable’

“Sehun. I think I’m gonna go now. You’re gonna be alright?” The blondie felt a soft hand taking a soft hold of his own and he felt heat wave go through his body as he turned to look at Tao who looked at him more concerned now. He didn’t know why the boy looked like that, but maybe it was because of the other Slytherins in the hospital wing.
“Yah. Of course! It’s nothing really.” Sehun brushed the part of worry off from Tao’s face but before the raven-haired could leave, Sehun asked if he was going to eat the night snack that day. Tao was interrupted by the tall giant Chanyeol who informed that Sehun would spend his night in the Three Broomsticks and celebrate their quidditch win rather than eat in the great hall alone.

“If your little friend wants to join, then be my guess…” Xiumin had said and Tao just nodded saying quick thanks before walking away and leaving Sehun agape.

 

Even though Sehun wasn’t feeling very well and his whole arm was still aching, he forced himself to join the others in the Three Broomsticks and while others were drinking their butterbeers, Sehun settled for warm coffee or something that reminded him of it. It wasn’t the same that muggles had. It was more tasty and Sehun felt how the whipped cream inside his mouth started to pop as soon as it hit his tongue.

“Congratulations for your win today.” Sehun who had now sat one stool away from his friends who were screaming, heard a voice coming right next to him and he turned around to face another blonde guy wearing a blue scarf around his neck. Ravenclaw…
“Umh. Thank you?” It sounded like a question, which made the other utter out a laughter. Sehun didn’t know what the guy wanted from him. Why he was talking to him? He expected the guy keeping the conversation on, but since nothing happened between them in a while (7 seconds to be exact), Sehun was the one opening his mouth.

“What do you want?” He didn’t mean it to come out as faced, but what could he do?
“N-nothing… I just wanted to congratulate. I uh… I think I just wanted to talk?” This time it was the other one’s turn to sound so questioning.
“Well what do you want to talk about?” This seemed to send the guy into confusion for a couple seconds. Sehun guessed the guy really had nothing to talk about. But since the blondie was all alone he didn’t mind having the company, so he offered the seat right next to him for the guy who gladly complied and sat down putting his butterbeer on the table.

“Thank you”, Why the guy thanked him, Sehun couldn’t say. He just allowed the poor boy to sit next to him, what’s the big deal? “I’m Luhan by the way.”

“Cool…” Sehun answered again sounding like a huge jackass, but like Luhan didn’t already know his name. Selfish, maybe? But was he lying? No. Everyone knew Sehun and if they didn’t… Well their loss then.

“So why are you sitting here all alone? It was a great match and you did a great job. You should be celebrating like the others.” Luhan gave Sehun a warm smile that sent shivers down the blondie’s spine.
“I don’t kind of feel like celebrating right now.” Sehun answered tightening his hold on the coffee cup on his hand and Luhan sent a knowing look downwards his elbow.
“Quaffle?” For that the blondie just nodded. “Ouch. That hurts like .” The boy beside Sehun uttered out another soft laugh, which sent another shiver down Sehun’s spine. He had never heard that kind of laughter coming from a guy’s mouth. It was sort of… Unique.
“You play quidditch?” Sehun had never seen Luhan play before. At least against his team.
“N-not actually. When I’m at home, I play it with my brothers, but I didn’t get into the team this or last year…” Luhan sounded disappointed, but Sehun was bad at even pretending to feel sympathy.
“Maybe next year then?”
“Yeah. Maybe next year…”

 

The conversation between Luhan and Sehun lasted for hours. Or that’s how it felt for Sehun. No, he wasn’t annoyed by the guy. Actually he enjoyed the discussion very much. Luhan turned out to be not as girly as he first looked like and he ended up winning the card game named Exploding Snap against Chanyeol, which only pissed off the tall giant. They would have started a fight unless Baekhyun, the brave Gryffindor prefect wouldn’t have been there to do his magic and end the silliness.

When Luhan and Sehun finally got back to their seats laughing at Chanyeol’s stupidity, a familiar voice was heard behind the duo.

“Did I miss something funny?” Luhan noticed how Sehun’s face lighted up immediately as he recognized the voice as Tao’s.
“Hey! You did come after all!”
“Umh… I just came by and I’m definitely not going to be here for long. We have a test about potions tomorrow and I have to do my best or Slughorn will skin me alive.” Tao sighed and gave a small glance towards the other guy sitting next to Sehun. Their eyes stayed on each other for just a couple seconds before Luhan coughed and lifted his body up from the chair he was sitting in.
“It’s starting to get late, maybe I should go”, It was like Luhan was waiting someone to say something against his idea, but both boys stayed quiet before Sehun nodded and said he understood. “See you around?” Once again Sehun sent a nod towards Luhan, who quickly grabbed his jacket and scarf around his small body before disappearing into the crowd.
Tao who had now taken Luhan’s seat, rested his head on his palm and stared at the table like thinking what he would say next.
“Don’t worry about it. You’re gonna do well in that test”, Sehun sighed and brought his Irish coffee (or something that again reminded a lot like it) towards his best friend, “Drink the rest. I promise it will cheer you up.” The grin on Sehun’s face didn’t promise any good, but Tao was too tired to even care at this point. He gulped down the drink and in a couple of seconds his face twisted in this weird expression and his ears started to fume furiously. Sehun cracked in a great laughter.

“The heck is this!” Tao screamed face flushed red as a tomato.
“Popple Coffee.” Sehun couldn’t stop his laughter how hard he tried.
“This ain’t coffee Sehun, you brat! Y-you probably laced juice with dragon bubbles!” Tao was close to hitting the glass on Sehun’s head, but the other one had suddenly stopped the laughing and looked the other one with gleaming eyes.
“What are dragon bubbles?”
“You don’t know?” Tao sighed when the other one shook his head furiously, “It’s like roe, but only transparent. Powerful stuff really… You can get it from Honeydukes.” The raven-haired guy explained and watched as Sehun’s face changed from surprised to this evil looking grin. He knew the guy wanted to visit the shop someday and he was ready to tell him that no, he was not going to join him.

“Thanks for ruining my night you brat…” Tao tried to look angry but Sehun knew the guy was internally laughing, “If you don’t mind I’ll be going now.”
“And leaving me all alone?” Sehun felt how Tao hit him on the back of his head.
“Yes dummy! You don’t deserve my company! No wonder they put you into Slytherin…”
“It was 3 years ago, get over it!”
“Like hell I’m gonna! That hat knew you’re gonna be the death of me some day. So… Bye now.” And so Tao was disappeared into the crowd. But Sehun hadn’t gotten enough just yet. He stood up from his chair and ran after the taller one.

“I’ll keep you company ‘til we’re back at the school.”
“I don’t need your company Sehun.”
“Well you keep me company then. I’m lonely.”
“It didn’t look like that when Luhan was with you.”
“Luhan? You know that guy?”
“Y-yeah. We had same classes on our second year. He’s pretty cool I think. Silent, and hangs around Suho and Kyungsoo. A lot…” It was unnecessary to even ask why Tao gave a nasty face when he mentioned Kyungsoo. The guy was like the best student in the whole school and always beat up Tao in every subject. And that was enough for the raven hair to hate somebody.

 

The school-yard was already empty from the students, since every single one was either at the Three Broomsticks or inside their dorms, studying, eating or sleeping. It wasn’t hard to guess. Sehun and Tao walked silently through the huge doors and unconsciously Tao followed the other one to the Slytherin dormitory earning couple weirded looks.  Of course he didn’t come inside the parlour but the few students hanging outside the dorm, quickly hid behind the small frame leaving the duo alone for a while.

“Are you sure you’re gonna get good night sleep after that popple-coffee?” Sehun laughed and earned another hit, this time on his packed elbow, which made him howl loudly.
“It’s your fault if I fail in front of everyone tomorrow!” Tao scowled and even though Sehun was still hurting like hell, he couldn’t deny the fact how funny Tao sounded and he was cracking in great laughter in seconds.
“Don’t worry. You won’t fail. Remember when you send me some good luck wishes for the quidditch match? I’m sending them back to you now.” Sehun poked the other one on the chest with his index finger and Tao could swear he felt a warm sensation go through his whole body. Then he just stayed there, staring at Sehun’s eyes, his nose, his lips. Well just Sehun in general.

“What? Is there something on my face?” The blondie asked and tried to wipe some dirt off of the tip of his nose, but in vain. There was nothing wrong with Sehun’s face and Tao could admit that the guy was actually pretty perfect. But he just needed an excuse…

“Yeah. Actually you have a little bit of that cream on your lips.” Tao craned towards the other one’s lips with his fingers pretending to wipe off the cream.

“W-why didn’t you say earlier! Snape knows how long I’ve been walking around this place looking like a total douche.” The beating of Sehun’s heart raised like hell after the touch. He didn’t know was it because of the feeling of looking a total jerk or was it because of Tao’s fingers on his lips.
Their eyes were lingering on each other for a couple of seconds and it was enough for Tao to move a bit forward. Sehun didn’t move back. In fact he didn’t move at all. He let Tao’s lips touch his own first softly and then even more softly before the feeling was entirely gone.
“I umh… Sorry. That was…” Tao blushed and didn’t exactly know what to say. Not that Sehun knew either. They both just fumbled with their scarfs before saying a quick good nights and leaving back to their own rooms. Tao more quickly than ever before. He practically ran the stairs down and it was close he didn’t fall off when the stairs moved away, because he just jumped from the staircase to staircase without thinking. If a prefect or a teacher would see it, immediate 20 points from Hufflepuff would be taken off.

 

Surprisingly the situation between Tao and Sehun never died away. They never spoke about the kiss, but they didn’t deny their feelings either. Some nights, when no one was looking, Tao would wish Sehun good night and give him a soft kiss here and there. Mainly on his cheeks, forehead or lips.


Tao also couldn’t deny the jealousy he felt when he saw Luhan looking at Sehun longily when the blondie wasn’t looking. Or when Luhan would laugh for Sehun’s stupid jokes about the legendary hug of Draco Malfoy and Lord Voldemort. Yes, the Ravenclaw and Sehun had managed to befriend in just a couple of weeks and Tao found that rather annoying.

“That blondie stares at you again.” Tao sighed and played with his food, trying to concentrate to charms rather than his overflowing feelings.

Sehun lifted up his head from his soup and sent a soft smile towards Luhan, who lifted up his wand indicating if they could practice spells together before their class. Sehun shrugged his shoulders as an answer, which seemed to make Luhan feel happiness, even though the answer itself wasn’t even proper.
“He likes you, you know that?” Tao sighed again biting an edge off of his bread.
“Nah, he does not.” Sehun answered getting back to his soup, “And what do you even know about liking people anyway?”
“You can see from miles how Luhan turns this happy cake when he sees you.”
“Oh does he really?” Sehun placed his chin on Tao’s shoulder only to get it shrugged off immediately.
“Yes. Now eat or you’re gonna be late from your practice.” It was silent for a moment, but Sehun didn’t continue eating anymore. Just like Tao, he played with his food this time.
“You think… I should like him back?” Sehun asked silently, just enough for Tao to hear.
“I don’t know”, the raven-haired guy shrugged, notably annoyed, “Do what you wanna do.”

 

♡♡♡ 

Christmas arrived sooner than no one had expected. When the first snow-balls were able to be made, students gathered outside to use their just learned charms and had a huge snow-fight, house against house. People were happy on a daily basis. Instead of Tao.

He was getting more and more furious by the time Luhan seemed to take his time from Sehun. They hardly had spent any time together anymore and Tao was sure that Ravenclaw didn’t even belong to his house anymore. He should be changed to Slytherin for stealing his best friend and making him feel awful.

And it didn’t go unnoticed by his or Sehun’s friends either.

“You’re a fool you know?” Tao got scared one day when Chanyeol had appeared behind him when he was reading some book on almost empty hallway away from everyone’s eyes.
“Get lost Chanyeol…” Tao sighed and almost called him the Slytherin before remembering where he belonged.
“I’m just saying. Now that Sehun is ing around that babyface, you’re here crying…” Chanyeol still kept on speaking and Tao just wished he would disappear. Maybe the ground under that tall idiont would crash and eat him up or something.
“I said, get lost.” He said this time biting his lower lip.
“I’m not at all surprised though…” Nothing had made Tao more angrier before. He slammed his book shut and faced the tall giant with pleading eyes.
“Don’t you ing get it! Get lost Chanyeol! Go away! Leave me alone!” And nothing had ever made him shout like that either. His scream echoed on the walls even a minute after the yell, before it was replaced by someone else’s.

“Park Chanyeol! You just earned a point off from the Slytherin!” It was the prefect Byun Baekhyun, who quickly shooed the giant away from Tao and followed him to make sure the elf stayed away from the Hufflepuff who now got back to his place, this time silently sobbing. Tao knew he was a fool for rather following his head than his heart.

 

Two days before Christmas, all the students who were opted to get back home for the vacation, now packed all their belongings back to their bags. Sehun and Tao including. They were missing their families. Sehun wanted to see his mother again and blame her for knitting him another hideous looking cardigan to wear for the cold weather. Tao on the other hand just wanted to sleep in his own bed and probably get pranked on a Christmas day by his little brother. This year he expected chili beans on his porridge or frogs on his bed, which he actually didn’t really mind. He liked frogs. As long as they stayed on a size of his hand and not as big as those spiders in the forbidden forest, Hagrid liked to take care of. Those Tao hate more than anything.

When students started to gather back to the train to take them back to home, Sehun escaped from Chanyeol’s big arms and searched Tao with his eyes. When he finally found the guy he threw the small round pack on his hands towards the air, catching it from the air before walking to the raven-haired guy.

“Hey you!” Sehun said more chirpy than usually scaring the hell out of the taller male walking besides him.
“Jesus, you scared me!” Tao held his chest and sighed from relief when he recognized the voice as Sehun’s.
“You became religious over the Winter huh?” Sehun tried to joke, but in vain. Tao didn’t laugh.

“What is it that you want?” Tao asked tightening the hold of the book on his hand. Sehun seemed to hold back with the answer. Did he do something wrong?

“I just wanted to talk to you that’s all”, Sehun mumbled with his words and the hold of the pack on his hands tightened a bit before he remembered why did he came here for, “Umh, I got you a present!”

“Why on earth would you get me a present?” Tao didn’t look at Sehun. He swore if he even saw those gleaming eyes, he might fall. He might fall so deep even Lord Voldemort wouldn’t accept him into hell.
“Because of Christmas?” Sehun uttered out his stupid laughter and Tao groaned internally. Feelings overflowed and the hold of the book tightened even more if that’s even possible.
“Here.” Sehun leaned the packet over to the raven-haired boy, who took his time to look at it closely before the blondie insisted that he opened it right away. Tao had no other option but to oblige as he softly unwrapped the paper surrounding a transparent ball.
“Is this…?” Tao started with a stutter and Sehun nodded furiously, “Yeah. It’s a remembrall. I found it from the store week ago and thought about you.” Sehun smiled and Tao was ready to punch that ugly, gummy smile off from that beautiful face. “Now you know if you have forgotten something important, for example a potion, since you’re so into those freaking liquids…” Sehun laughed and now Tao indeed punched that smirk out of his face, by slamming him hard on his forearm.
“I can’t take this. I have nothing to give you back.” Tao pouted and leaned the ball back towards Sehun who just turned the offer down.
“Well throw it away then. I’m not going to take it back either.”

Suddenly all the lights went on inside Tao’s head. He wasn’t sure how he could tell about his feelings for Sehun, other way than this so he leaned the book on his hands for Sehun.
“Take this then.”
“What? It’s a school book?”
“It’s not. I bought it couple weeks ago just to keep myself entertained.”
“Then why are you giving me… A book that tells about potions?” Sehun studied the book for a moment only realizing that it indeed told about Tao’s first love; potions.

“Because I want to.” Tao didn’t tell that the pages on the love-potions were filled with Sehun’s name. Maybe those small and rather awkward poems would do the thing his mouth couldn’t do.
“Well then I accept this.” The blondie laughed and tightened the hold of the book just like Tao had just minutes ago. For a moment it was silent before Sehun realized something as he saw someone holding a feather on his hand. “Oh and one more thing!” Sehun grabbed a hold of his black wand and pointed it on the feather that someone had probably found from the ground.

Tao listened as Sehun let out a perfectly pronounced Avifors out from his mouth and soon the feather had turned into a blue bird, which flew away to the sky while people surrounding the feather gasped.
“Where did you learn that?” Tao smiled eyes still following the bird, but when it disappeared from the sight, his eyes scanned Sehun who was smiling.
“Witchcraft. I’m not gonna tell you…” The smile on his lips was so beautiful, Tao thought the sight was the prettiest he had ever seen, “I’m sorry I don’t know how to turn things into dragons. I would spell you like thousands of mini-dragons if I knew how to…”
“D-don’t say things like that.” Tao stuttered feeling the heat bubbling on his cheeks. Before Sehun could even say anything else, Luhan had appeared next to the blondie now gleaming with happiness and saying he saw everything and praised how good Sehun was with spells. Tao got annoyed once again.

“I should get going now. You know… Jongdae’s waiting for me at the train.” The boy excused himself but before he could get even two steps ahead, Sehun grabbed a hold of his hand.

“Merry Christmas Tao.”
“Merry Christmas Sehun…”

 

♡♡♡ 

When everybody got back to school, spring has already arrived bringing changes along with it. The weather had changed, people had changed… Feelings had changed.

On his vacation, Sehun had finally given in to the thought of learning some potions and browsed the whole book, Tao had given him, through. He didn’t get much read after the love-potion section where he laid eyes on his name surrounding different shapes of moving sketches of hearts and stars. At the last page of love-potions, he found a small envelope and he knew it was probably something private, but as curious as he could be, still opened it. The envelope revealed a picture of himself and Tao, sitting outside the school yard. Tao was laughing on the picture, but what surprised Sehun was his own stare on the taller male. His eyes were so full of lust and why on earth hadn’t he realized this sooner. Sure they had their kisses, but Sehun always thought they were just a bunch of joking around and he definitely didn’t think Tao would like him like that, especially when he told him to try his best with Luhan, for whose letters Sehun never answered after reading the book. He felt awful.

 

Getting back to school turned out to be a nightmare. Along with himself, Tao had brought a new style; His hair was now glowing this silver color and the mysterious raven-haired guy was now fully gone. Along with a new hairstyle, Tao had brought a new acquaintance. The Hufflepuff Keeper, Wu Yifan who was also known as Kris. He was studying his last year in Hogwarts and Sehun couldn’t say how the hell he had befriended with Tao.

“I heard they got to know each other on the way back home. Plus they found out they live in the same direction”, Chanyeol had told him and Sehun just scoffed, “For me it looks like Tao is really happy with that son of a…” Chanyeol’s sentence was cut off by the prefect Byun Baekhyun, who always seemed to appear on the perfect timings.

“Language Park Chanyeol! Point off from the Slytherin! It’s a miracle how you manage to start your second semester like this.”

“It’s not my problem you keep following me around.”
“You need full time surveillance Mr. Park.”
“And you need to get laid before you get too tense my friend.” After this Sehun stopped listening and passed in his own thoughts again, watching as Tao followed the tall keeper to their table and waited for the head master to keep her welcoming speech again.

 

Time passed by and Sehun couldn’t find a single moment to ask Tao about the book. About nothing really. Their moment was limited, or so it seemed.
Whenever Sehun even thought Tao was alone, Kris popped out from the thousand and one corners inside the building, wrapping his long arm around Tao’s shoulders and walking away with the silver haired and not giving even a chance for their eyes to crash with Sehun.

Either that or Luhan. The Ravenclaw had also very bad timing… Usually Sehun didn’t really mind being with the guy, but now he just found it annoying and time-wasting. He was becoming angrier by the time.

 

“Forget him”, Xiumin shrugged one evening when they got back from the bath, “Forget that the guy ever existed. He’s not worth of your time.” The words that came out from Xiumin’s mouth were harsh, but surprisingly, Sehun felt like obeying. He was never as hurt as now. Well maybe he wasn’t hurt. He was just angry. He wanted his raven-haired friend back.

“I’m not just going to forget him…” Sehun mumbled while they passed the moving staircases.
“That’s your loss then.” Xiumin sighed and suddenly Sehun wasn’t following him anymore. The boy had stopped at one hallway and Xiumin took his time to roll his eyes, “What now?”
“You go ahead, I… I have something to do.” Xiumin could guess what it was, but never interrupted.
“Fine. Don’t stay long. We don’t need another five points off just because you wandered around empty hallways. Chanyeol is already causing us troubles.”
“Yea yea…” Sehun waved his friends off and started to walk slowly but surely towards the Hufflepuff dormitory. He needed to talk to Tao. Right now and right then. He just felt the need and something just pulled his feet forward. When he got to the end of the long dark hallway, he heard soft voices and he stopped to listen.

His ears perked at the sound of a soft giggle, which later turned into a soft moan. Sehun took a small glance around the corner and gasped when he realized it was the couple he oh, so hated. Kris was all over his best friend, who was now back against the wall while the taller held his arms on both of his sides. They were both smiling, Sehun knew that, even though Kris had his face buried in Tao’s soft neck.

Another giggle could be heard and Sehun felt the need to stop this silliness, but when Tao tilted his head so that now it was their lips connected with Kris, the boys took a step backwards.

“Did he ever make you feel like this?” Kris’ low voice echoed on the walls and Sehun tried to focus on what the meant.
“N-no he didn’t.” Tao’s answer came out as another moan.
“Did he ever kiss you here?”  Sehun could hear the grin from Kris’ voice. He took another step backwards when a louder moan could be heard.
“I’ll help you forget him…” Kris’ growls still echoed on the walls as Sehun stumbled backwards holding the wall for support.

 “P-please Kris.” Tao’s crying was too much for Sehun. He pressed his eyes tightly shut and turned around, walking, almost running away.


Just as Sehun was getting out from the hallway a small light forming a blue bird passed him by, blowing up right before his eyes. The bird had looked just like a Patronus, but Sehun couldn’t say. As far as he knew, Tao still couldn’t spell a Patronus. Actually, what did he knew about Tao anyway? Before he could even think further he found himself from the Slytherin parlour kneeling down in front of the warm fireplace.

 

“Do you feel any better?” Kris asked.
“Kind of I guess. I don’t know how spelling a Patronus helps me at all.”

“Out of the wand, out of the mind…” Kris uttered out a laugh and swiped his index finger along Tao’s soft chin.
“I don’t ing get why my patronus has to be that ing bird. I-it remind m-me of him”, Tao sobbed a little, “It hurts me to see him around Luhan, Kris. I’m hurting…” Tao felt as Kris lifted up his chin and placed another soft kiss on his lips.
“You know it’s not always gonna be this way, right? I’ll make you forget the pain.”
“Yeah…”
“Just chill. It’s just you and me alright?”
“Mhmm…” Tao hummed and stared everywhere else than the boy in front of him.
“Alright?”
“Yeah.”

 

Sehun stared at the picture on his hands. It was the same picture he had found between Tao’s book. He never had the chance to give it back to the guy, he still remembered to be raven haired idiot. Yes, Idiot he was.

Sehun cursed internally, the hand on his wand tightened and he felt nothing but hatred. Towards Kris, towards Tao, towards Luhan… Towards everyone really.

 
“Forget him…” Those words replayed inside Sehun’s head like a broken record. At this moment it felt like a huge relief. To be honest Sehun wanted to forget. Xiumin’s suggestion sounded like a paradise. Paradise Lost.

Would it be easy? Would it really be that easy to forget someone?

Sehun raised his hand, that had his wand in a tight grip. Like a muggle gun, it found its place pointing at the other side of his head.

He was a sobbing mess but he still found place to open up his mouth for words to come out.

“Obliviate…”

It was like his body was wrapped in a dark blanket for a while and when he finally got his sight back, he didn’t know why he was staring at a picture of himself sitting outside the school bench or why was he crying right now.

All he knew was that he felt pain and that he was missing something that tasted like Popple-Coffee and smelled like love potions.

 

 

 

 


 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING 

I really hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it :3
The idea to this story came out of nowhere really. I started to watch all these Harry Potter movies again and then grabbed the books on my hands also and BAM, horrible story-plot was born.

So yeah I managed to write this fic in couple days and you can really see it, but I hope you don't mind the poor drama-line. Since this is a one shot is was hard to get everything in one chapter haha :D
(
By the way. I think the Baekyeol was more canon in this story than Taohun tbqh, lol XD (All you Taohun shippers there are rolling your eyes at me I freaking feel it!))

Aaaanyhow. Thank you again for reading! Please leave a comment, subscribe, check out my other stories and last but not least; UPVOTE! <3

You can contact me through AFF and Tumblr if you have any questions or just feel like talking :3

Oh and btw. I decided to add a small dictionary for readers, who have no idea about the spells etc.

Avifors = Turns small objects into birds
Obliviate = Erases memories
Remembrall = A ball sized of a marble. If you squeeze it and the ball turns into red, that means you have forgotten something.
Honeydukes = A candy-shop in Hogsmaede
The Three Broomsticks = A bar in Hogsmaede. Popular with its Butterbeer.
Popple-Coffee = (Something that I came up with.) It's sort of like Irish coffee, but more stronger. Makes your ears fume if you drink it on one sip.
Dragon Bubbles = (Again something that I came up and can't be found from the real Harry Potter books.) Just like Tao explained. It's like roe, but transparent. If you mix them in a drink or food, they start to pop and burn inside your mouth.
Patronus = Positive strenght, which cannot feel despair. (For example, it helps to fight against dementors...) Every Patronus has an individual form, which reminds its owner of something positive memory.


 

 sending lots of love from EXO planet