Flood

Flood

Like the water that was rising outside from the storm, so were my tears. They threatened to spill out of my eyes and betray me. Why of all times had the sight of seeing a performance by my favorite group cause me to want to cry? Perhaps because they made me so happy, maybe it was because this performance was almost canceled because of the rain. There had been so much build up to this new song, album, and concept. I was always so excited. 

 

There was announcement that rung out over the speakers just before my favorite group came on stage. “Due to difficulties with the microphones and stage lights, if during the performance something goes wrong please remain calm.” The ground shook as the screams of excitement and mental breakdowns from fans were sung out as the group took the stage. 12 members, 1 group, all trained for this for months. The air buzzed with nervousness. The music flooded out from the speakers, their voices melding together, a perfect harmony. Just as the song lyrics depicted, it was an ‘Overdose’ of emotion from the crowd. 

 

Suddenly the lights went down and the music stopped. The group quieted and stopped dancing and singing. All was silent and then screams were heard along with crashes of thunder and small flashes of lightening from the outer world. The fans in the front of the stage where I was were suddenly being crushed by the other scared fans and staff trying to check if anyone was hurt. I was pushed into the stage and could feel the bruises forming on my back and sides. Hands reached down and grabbed my arms. Not knowing who it was or what was going on, I still let them take me as it relieved the pain from the railings pushing into my skin. 

 

Lightening light up the room, thunder crashed. My saviors outline illuminating with the flash of light. My tears threatened to fall once more. My favorite member was holding my arm, he had pulled me from the small space I had been pushed in. The other members seemed to be helping other fans onto the stage as well. Suddenly I was falling backward and my hands were being held tightly to stop me from my descent into darkness. The stage had started to collapse underneath us. Staff members were pulling the members and the fans they had saved into the backstage area.

 

The darkness and firm grip of his hand was soothing and calming throughout the chaos.  Once again emotions wanted to overload my system and leave me a mess. I shuddered and was  tugged into a hug and soothed. The lights started to come back on one by one and light soon reviled me to my savior. A smile was pulled across his face, wiping the flooding tears from my eyes. It was a dream come true for any fan. i just happened to experience it. I was a mess, yes that much was true, but it still kept him coming back to me. Today is his birthday and once again I am flooded with emotion. The world outside still flooded with water, but the emotions meant more to me.