First and Last

from the Heart

Kahi - One Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKholaJdX0


"Good morning Myungsoo." Suzy beamed at Myungsoo as she fleeted towards her classroom.


It was part of her daily routine to greet Myungsoo, also known as Mister Introvert. He has been isolating himself from people especially Suzy and nobody knows why. They would always run into each when they walk through the aisle of classrooms presented right in front of them without even completing a proper conversation.


Myungsoo stared at Suzy apathetically as his own way of responding to her cheerfulness. She was such a jovial person, definitely not someone to muck around with. Suzy pouted childishly, though Myungsoo has been staring at her dutifully to reciprocate yet Suzy still felt unwanted. She wanted to be close to Myungsoo, she wanted to be his friend.


She headed towards her desk before picking up her gaze to look at Myungsoo who timidly went in. He rushed towards his seat so that the countless number of eyes pinned on him would vanish. Suzy sighed as she diverted her attention to her notes instead. It was hopeless.


Myungsoo was just seated right in front of her and sensing that she was looking at his back figure, he felt very flustered. Myungsoo gulped the bump stuck in his throat and adjusted his collar deftly. The cool gush of wind came in from the grimy window and Suzy's notes flew everywhere in the classroom.
"My papers!" She squeaked in sheer astonishment.


Myungsoo intrinsically caught hold of some of it before it could even kiss Suzy's table good bye. Suzy watched him, her hands unconsciously slipping itself to cover .


"Thank you so much Myungsoo." She stooped down to help Myungsoo collect the rest of her notes.


Most of it got shoe marks on it because of their inconsiderate classmates. Myungsoo shrugged the thought of taking revenge away.


After everything was neat and tidy again, Suzy bowed to Myungsoo formally to express her gratitude. She also took this to her advantage, to get closer to someone who built walls around him.


"Do you mind eating lunch with me later?" Suzy offered, showing him a beguiling smile.


Blood rushed to his cheeks and he felt his face redden. He discreetly used the back of his palm to massage his cheeks lightly in order to let his tomato cheeks disappear.


"Actually I have something to show you." Myungsoo hung his head low and scuffed his shoe against the tiled floor.


"What is it?" Suzy perked up.


"I'll show you after class." Myungsoo muttered, half to himself.


"Alright!" Suzy obediently went back to her seat upon seeing her teacher enter the classroom.


Beads of sweat trickled down Myungsoo's forehead. He could not believe that he actually had a proper conversation with Suzy. Moreover, he was going to expose his deepest and darkest secret to her.


Time flew for Myungsoo while it dragged for Suzy. Both of them were routinely looking at the hands of the clock. One was anticipating while the other was dreading.


Alas, the school bell rang, informing the students that it was time for their lunch break. Suzy placed her things into her school bag carelessly, wiping them into it in a single swiping motion. She made sure that she caught them in a nick of time. She took a quick glance at Myungsoo who was supposedly taking his own time.


"I thought you wanted to show me something." Suzy broke his train of thoughts.


"It's actually in my bag." He stowed it onto his shoulder in case Suzy tries to snatch it from him.


"May I please take a look at it?" Suzy said calmly.


"Alright..." Myungsoo placed his bag pack on his chair and slowly ped his bag, his voice faltering.


He placed the canvas that he was working on for months on Suzy's table. Her ethereal beauty was plastered on the canvas beautifully. Every brush was careful and her features were sharp and distinct. You can feel the sincerity just by looking at it. Suzy's jaw fell open upon seeing his admirable piece of work.
She tipped her head to the side to take a glance at the slightly embarrassed Myungsoo.


"This is beautiful, Myungsoo." She gasped in awe.


"Do you know that I picture you in my head for every brush that I make?" He let out a chortle, throwing away the persona he had lived with.

"I don't." Suzy scoffed.

"Now you know." Myungsoo tried to supress the smile forming on his lips but his efforts went down the drain.

The both of them stood in front of each other silently, looking into each other's crescent shaped eyes.