Prologue

Forgotten Antiquities

PROLOGUE

 


 

Narrator’s POV
 
“It’s your turn, Zelo.” 
“My turn ? Okay, fabric. F-A-B-R-I-C. Fabric. ” He spelled. 
 
They laughed at their youngest friend spelling a word cutely. Usually , he’ll spell words wrong but he didn’t this time. The small boy smiled proudly at his achievement.“Next , Su Min.” Another boy said.That girl looked up from her book. She stared at them blankly and continued to read her book. “I’m bored playing the same game over and over again. Go on without me.” She flipped over the next page. The boys were upset but that didn’t stop them from playing. “Youngjae. Your turn.”
 
 
“C? Hm , what starts with a C ? Aha , clone. C-L-O-N-E. Clone.” He cheered. “Clone ? What’s that , smartypants ?” Daehyun asked as he scratched his head.“Clone. It’s you know .. making your own twin. If you go inside the cloning machine , you’ll have a twin. Isn’t that fun ? Oh and I heard that there’s a cloning machine in this spaceship.”He replied. The girl who was busy reading opened up her ears and eavesdropped on their conversation. *Cloning huh. Making a twin of myself…?* She thought.
 
 
“Well where is it? Where’s the cloning machine?” Daehyun asked again. All of the boys leaned in , curious to listen to Youngjae’s answer. “Unfortunately , I don’t know.” He lifted his shoulders and shook his head. Their faces  turned sour when they heard that especially Su Min’s. 
 
 
Why ? Because Su Min is a very lonely girl. Yes , she has friends. And coincidentally , they’re all boys. At first , she likes hanging out with them. They were outgoing , adventurous and all but when they got older by a year , she misses something. Something called love. Yes , her father , which is one of the city alpha of Matoki Planet , gave her love but that wasn’t enough. You see , it goes like this. In this universe, there are many planets. And Matoki Planet is one of the major planet in the universe. Every planet has a King and a Queen and also city alphas. City alphas are the ones who were given the responsibility to guard certain areas of the planet. 
 
 
City alphas are also like other people. They have families. Their children , at the age of 3 , will be taken care of the King and Queen of the planet. At the royal palace , they were filled with everything. Education , manners , liability , you name it. When the city alphas get old , their child will replace them and become the next city alpha. That’s why the King and Queen take care of them, to prepare them.
 
 
The status quo , all of the major planets are working on a planet named Earth. Their journey to Earth takes time at least 2 years. So that’s why Su Min is stuck in this spaceship. And the worst of all is that Su Min is the only female in this spaceship. She feels lonely. She didn’t have the time to play dress up or Barbie dolls. She played with toy guns and jet planes and other boys stuff. She misses being a girl. She misses her female friends. And she especially misses her mother.
 
 
Before she goes to sleep that night, she dreamt about how good it’s like to land on Earth and finally meet new female friends and not to forget her mother. She imagined at how fun it’d be like to just sit around and play tea party or whatever. But her smile ended when she realized she was still far away from Earth. She sighed at how reality knocked her hard.
 
 
Then , she got an idea. A crazy idea that she herself was not sure whether it’d work out. “Earlier just now, Youngjae oppa mentioned something about making a twin of myself. And the cloning machine is somewhere in this spaceship. It wouldn’t hurt to make a twin, right ?” A smile plastered on her face.
 
 
She ran across the hallway and found a guard with a thick moustache or more to be known as Mr. Lee. “Mr.Lee!” She chirped happily. Mr. Lee smiled to see his favorite child. “Yes my dear ?” He bent down to allow Su Min to whisper in his ear. “What ?! The cloning machine? Are you serious?” He asked. That innocent little girl nodded and pleaded him to show her where it  was placed.
 
 
“Alright. But don’t touch anything. OK?” Su Min nodded. She followed him to a room with a ‘STAFF ONLY’ sign. They crept silently into the room. Mr. Lee switched on the lights and gosh they were so many technologies that were still not in the market. Mr. Lee left her alone in the room since he was announced to be at the Bio Lab. She was all by herself now. She smirked and entered the cloning machine.
 

 

 


 

 
Baek Ji Min. That’s her twin , or should I say, clone. Su Min was more cheerful than usual. It was surprising for the rest of the BAP and her father but they just thought it was just another happy day for Su Min. Su Min and Ji Min do everything together. They played with dolls and soft toys , they had slumber parties and everything that a girl should experience. Su Min felt alive. She felt as if Ji Min was her soulmate. She couldn’t live without Ji Min.
 
 
But that was before. As time passed , Su Min was getting annoyed with Ji Min. Her presence made Su Min felt more unappreciated and more unloved. She felt as if Ji Min was trying to steal her father and also BAP. She was quite pissed off. And when she’s not satisfied with a thing , she’ll always think of a way to overcome it.
 
 
And lucky her , an idea popped out in her mind. “C-L-O-N-E is followed by E-L-I-M-I-N-A-T-E.” Later that night , she invited her to the kitchen. She said to bake a cake since tomorrow was Yongguk’s birthday. They had a lot of fun and when it’s time , Su Min asked Ji Min to throw the unused cream out of the disposal hatch. The disposal hatch is used to throw all unneeded things from the spaceship. Ji Min casually pressed the button to open it and when it opened , Su Min tried to push her out.
 
 
But luck her plan didn’t work out like she thought it would. Ji Min found out. She knew Su Min was trying to dispose her all this time. So instead of Ji Min getting disposed, it was Su Min. She fell helplessly out of the disposal hatch. She struggled in the space. She kicked randomly and soon her vision was blurred. The last thing she knew was she heard Ji Min said “E-L-I-M-I-N-A-T-E is followed by E-X-P-E-C-T-E-D.”
 

 

 


 

A/N: Dun dun dun. What happened ? Wait for the first chapter :)

Do subscribe and leave a comment . Byebyebye