Torn, Forever

Torn, Forever

Sehun stared at his beautiful hyung as the latter tried to pull himself up and drink some water. The younger rushed to Baekhyun and helped the latter to get up and handed him the bottle of water. The older smiled at him. That smile in those pale lips. The times that Baekhyun will flash that beautiful smile is countable now. That smile will be gone in a matter of time, but for EXO, co-artists, fans and supporters, the beautiful face of Byun Baekhyun will remain in their hearts; just like how important they are for him.

Baekhyun was soon lying on the bed, his back flat on the soft foam. He closed his eyes and sighed. Sehun raised his eyebrows at his hyung, his forehead creasing. He never thought that the one in the heavens takes a kind, perfect person too early. Sehun felt his heart clench as Kai rested his palm on the younger's shoulder. “We have to go, Sehun,” Kai whispered, not wanting to disturb Baekhyun's peaceful sleep. The younger nodded at Kai and stood up. He walked towards the bed and carressed his hyung's hand.

“I love you, hyung. Please take care. Don't leave us,” Sehun said as he planted a kiss on Baekhyun's forehead. He his hyung's hair as he smiled and stared at Baekhyun's beautiful face. “We'll be back.”

Sehun walked to Kai as the latter wrapped his arm around the younger's shoulder. Sehun looked away and wiped a stray tear away as it ran across his cheek. Kai stared at the younger and sighed. They know it; Baekhyun is leaving them in a matter of time. Baekhyun will be gone before they knew it. Baekhyun, that beautiful boy that loves to cheer people up. Sehun looked at Kai and flashed a forceful smile. Kai patted the maknae's shoulder as he nodded. “Everything will be okay, Sehun.”

Sehun muttered a quick “thank you” towards Kai before he hopped in the van. He sat on the seat nearest to the window. Usually, the van would be filled with laughter, teasing and all those happy stuffs. But right now, there's no way they can smile. It was half past nine in a Saturday morning and they still have to go for a mini concert. The thought made Sehun sigh. He couldn't bear the sight of the other members of the vocal line struggling to reach the sick member's high notes. He couldn't even perform gracefully.

He stuffed his ear phones in his ears and played their song, Don't Go. He heard Baekhyun's beautiful voice, and tears immediately sprung into Sehun's eyes. He sighed and fought the urge to burst into tears. He closed his eyes and leaned into the window. After a few more minutes, the van stopped. EXO hurried and ran to the back stage and changed their clothes. A few more minutes, they were on stage and performing Overdose.

Baekhyun's lines in the whole song makes Sehun twitch. Kai has been checking up on him every now and then.

After performing, the staffs placed a long table in the stage for EXO's fan signing. The others did fan service very well, acting all happy but Sehun couldn't help but frown every time the fans ask where Baekhyun is.

“He's just resting,” Sehun answered, his voice cracking. Tears started to sprung in his eyes again as he felt dizzy. He tapped Suho's shoulder and told him that he felt sick. “I'm feeling a bit dizzy.”

Because of Sehun's sickness, the fan signing event ended up earlier than expected. Suho was too concerned about s so he took Sehun to the hospital; while he told the others that they should head to the dorm and get some rest. The other obeyed, even Kris. Kris usually argued with Suho when it comes to things about their members but Suho was too scary but respectful when he comes to the stage when he takes good covers on everything and anything. They tucked theirselves in their blankets as the doctors checked Sehun if he is sick. Fortunately, he isn't. It was just fatigue. Sehun was admitted to the hospital for a few days of rest. He can eat and do anything he wants, though.

“C-can I just sleep in Baekhyun-hyung's room?” Sehun said. His eyes were glistening with tears so the doctors told him that he can. But, there'll be an additional bed inside Baekhyun's room.

“Yes,” Suho said, as the doctors told him. “They'll place a new bed inside Baekhyun's room.”

“Thank you,” Sehun smiled. He waited in the lobby for a few moments as one of the nurses approached him. Sehun told Suho that he should go home and rest. Suho told him the same.

“Sir, the room is ready,” Sehun smiled at the nurse. They went to his hyung's room. He breathed heavily as the nurse opened the door.

There he was. In the white, boring bed. Inside the white, boring hospital room. He was smiling in his deep slumber. Sehun stepped inside the room as the nurse bid him good bye and good night. Sehun just smiled at her before she closed the door.

Sehun walked to his hyung and carressed his face. He ran his hand through his hyung's hair too, before he kissed him good night.

The younger didn't need and want to wake his hyung up from it's deep slumber so he laid in his bed and fell asleep. He had a dream about his hyung. His hyung kept saying “good bye” to him. Sehun didn't knew what was going on. The Sehun in his dream hugged Baekhyun. But, Baekhyun was fading away. Soon, everything became blurry and he heard countless footsteps. His eyes shot open as he saw doctors and nurses, and even his co-members in the room.

It only meant one thing.

Baekhyun is dying.

He quickly stood up and ran to Baekhyun's bed.

“Hyung!” Sehun's voice was faint but a little sharp. “Hyung, don't leave me!”

He went beside Baekhyun's bed who was fighting the urge to close his own eyes and say good bye to everything, to everything. The older smiled at Sehun and reached out his hand. Sehun took it as tears started trickling down his cheeks. “I love you, Sehun.”

Sehun smiled forcefully as he heard those words escape his hyung's mouth. Baekhyun's voice was rather raspy but it was still beautiful. Sehun kissed the back of Baekhyun's hand and looked at his hyung with a frown. “I love you too, hyung. Please... don't leave me.”

Baekhyun flashed his dongsaeng a smile as he looked at the ceiling. Tears were starting to form on his eyes as well as the doctors got out after mumbling something about “a few minutes”. Sehun wiped a tear that escaped his hyung's glistening eyes as he gulped. He isn't ready for this. He didn't even bother and ready himself because he somewhat had hope in Baekhyun. He somehow hoped that Baekhyun will fight for himself.

But he didn't. And that's what kills Sehun right now.

To see his hyung; bedridden. To see him fake smiles, to see him fighting the pain in his throat whenever he tried to speak.

Baekhyun's pain is ending... in a not-so-good way.

“Take care of youself, Sehun,” Baekhyun's last words made the younger's heart clench. Baekhyun closed his eyes and smiled. “Bye, EXO.”

Sehun started crying loudly. He shook his hyung's shoulder. Suho stopped him from doing so. Sehun stared at Baekhyun's cold, dead body as he tugged on his own hair. He punched the wall behind him, and that's EXO's cue to stop him. Luhan wrapped his arms around the younger's waist as he whispered “calm down, Sehun.” The maknae did what was told and slumped on the floor. His tears were unstoppable. He had his fists clenched and placed in his chest, right in his heart's place.

If it wasn't for Baekhyun, he'll never know how it feels to be loved and to love.

If it wasn't for Baekhyun, he wouldn't know such pain.

Everything, be it positive or negative, was because of Baekhyun.

But he was gone.

Forever.