Chapter 1

Déjà vu

Really, Chanyeol wasn’t the one who gets freaked or scared out of anything. But the sight of a petite figure floating towards him without moving its feet crept the hell out of Chanyeol even in his own home.

 

“Boo.” The ‘thing’ tried to frighten Chanyeol more but by the time the word reached his ears, the taller boy fainted on his own carpet.

 

When he woke up, he thought he was dreaming about stupid and impossible things. However, the moment he opened his eyes and saw the same figure in his so-called dreams laying its back against the ceiling had Chanyeol run out of his room, scurrying away to safety.

 

Even while running and screaming, Chanyeol could hear the ghost calling out for him to stop but Chanyeol was a normal 18 year old with common sense. With clumsy steps, he managed to reach the bottom of the stairs when the figure rolled down the stairs, mixed in with “Ow”s and “Ah”s. Before the thing could even get back up, Chanyeol grabbed a nearby cushion and as if he was a ghostbuster, he started smacking the ghost and surprisingly it didn’t go through like what he saw in the movies.

 

“St-st-Stop!” The phantom yelled and Chanyeol shrieked, falling back on his bottom and the small ghost stood up, glaring at him. “Why are you so scared of me?”

 

“B-Because you floated and you were hanging on the ceiling and you- I don’t even know who are you-“

 

“I’m a ghost duh. An apparition. A phantom. A spirit. Whatever you guys name us.” The small ghost somehow sassed Chanyeol and Chanyeol was left sitting on the floor while the ghost jumped onto his sofa, switching on the TV.

 

“A-Are you going to stay here for long?” Chanyeol squeaked and the ghost just turned his head around, smiling.

 

“I’ll be with you forever, no matter what.”

 

Somehow Chanyeol felt as if he heard those words before but maybe it was just the way the ghost talked and maybe the ghost added some evil sorcery that made him feel weird things.

 

“Ch-Chanyeol.” Chanyeol though, deemed the ghost as a nice ghost who didn’t go around haunting people and possessing them to do terrifying things, and walked towards him.

 

“Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.”  The ghost replied with a grin and Chanyeol had to conclude that this ghost was definitely doing strange and bizzare things to his head.

 

+++++

 

“So… How did it happen?” One day Chanyeol asked the boy who was sitting on the couch while hugging a cushion, getting very absorbed to some stupid drama.

 

A few days passed and surprisingly Chanyeol did not expect himself to adapt to the presence of a ghost. Most probably due to the fact that the ghost have not shown signs or any attempts of murder. 

 

But still, it took 0.5 seconds for Chanyeol to realize his own stupidity for asking a ghost how did they die or why did they die. Chanyeol was going to have his neck snapped. However, Baekhyun simply opened his mouth that Chanyeol actually thought was very pretty and pink and replied with his lips curved upwards. “One day I’ll tell you. Maybe.”

 

Chanyeol was stumped that firstly, his neck was still intact (he tried turning around his head) and secondly, what was with the ‘maybe’? Why couldn’t he reveal it since he was already dead? Was it an embarrassing death?

 

Chanyeol spent quite a while thinking of the possibilities that after a while, he felt a weight on his shoulders and he tilted his head, to see Baekhyun snoring on it, his arms still hugging the cushion (that Chanyeol remembered he hit him with).

 

Call him weird or stupid but he liked how the ghost looked so blissful, so happy to sleep. Do ghosts even sleep, he asked himself and even though his shoulder was sore from playing basketball in the afternoon with his friends, he didn’t want to invoke the ghost’s wrath for waking him up and maybe, probably, he wanted to continue and admire his face.

 

Chanyeol’s heart did a familiar jump but he simply shrugged it off. He praised the ghost for doing magic while sleeping in his head.

 

 

++++

 

 

Despite the fact that ghosts weren’t supposed to sleep, eat or drink, Baekhyun defied the traditional mindset and ever since he came, Chanyeol would find him munching some food at one corner or while watching television. Sometimes, Chanyeol would see him with his cheeks stuffed with chocolates and he wanted to just touch those adorable cheeks and maybe touch the ghost’s lips with his own and Chanyeol was shocked at the fact that he just thought of kissing someone who’s already dead.

 

 

Of course, Byun Baekhyun was a greedy little ghost and so every time he would try to beg, or maybe if possible turn his head 360 degrees to scare Chanyeol into cooking a meal for him.

 

Chanyeol couldn’t resist Baekhyun being an adorable but irritating ghost with powerful magic. Maybe, he was enslaved to him for life.

 

One time, both of them were eating pastas made by Chanyeol voluntarily and Baekhyun was really happy that he was practically jumping and squealing, saying how “you’re such a sweet person” and honestly, Chanyeol was delighted to hear these words, not to mention how Baekhyun simply looked so innocent, so just happy to know that Chanyeol’s cooking for him. Though, the familiar feeling nagged at him. Not wanting it to affect his current mood, he shook it off and maybe decided to cook for the both of them if he had the time.

 

Baekhyun was slurping up the noodles and he was smiling foolishly with pasta sauce smeared all over his lips and Chanyeol wanted to kiss it away. He already submitted to Baekhyun’s power. Trying to not make his staring obvious, he kept glancing at his own pasta but couldn’t stop but feel Baekhyun staring at him lovingly, like he was so grateful to meet Chanyeol. When their gazes locked, Baekhyun decided to ask him a question.

 

“Do you know what my favourite food is?”

 

Almost instantly Chanyeol answered, “French fries but chocolates would always try to be in the first place.” Chanyeol was shocked. How the hell did he even come up with that answer and was he right an-

 

Baekhyun nodded fervently and shoved a spoonful of pasta into Chanyeol’s mouth. “Your reward for being a nice person and for remembering my favourite food!”

 

Chanyeol was beyond astonished by the fact that he was actually correct that he didn’t realize Baekhyun’s fork was still in his mouth and he quickly swallowed the noodles, allowing them to continue eating.

 

“You have pasta sauce all over your mouth, Baek.” Chanyeol gave a nickname to Baekhyun and strangely, he felt that familiarity. What the hell was wrong with him?

 

“C-could you wipe for me?” Baekhyun asked, his head tilting a little bit lower, maybe because he was shy but nevertheless, Chanyeol obliged and took a few pieces of tissue to clean his lips. While cleaning them, he saw Baekhyun staring into his eyes and Chanyeol’s heart ached and flipped at the same time. Everything was weird around Baekhyun and Chanyeol quickly threw them away. “T-Thanks, Channie.

 

Baekhyun did his hocus pocus again.

 

 

+++++

 

 

Chanyeol was running for his life towards Baekhyun when he saw the ghost walking around the garden, the sun shining down at him. “BAEKHYUN GET BACK IN HERE! OR ELSE YOU WILL INCINERATE INTO ASHES!”

 

“Silly, I’m not a vampire. Plus, I went out before.” Baekhyun gave a thumbs-up and started to look at the flowers. Chanyeol sighed in relief and was about to go back to his room when he remembered he had nothing to do today and since he just found out that Baekhyun could walk in the sun without disappearing into thin air, he decided to bring Baekhyun to the neighbourhood park.

 

It was strange how Chanyeol should be happy or glad at the thought of Baekhyun burning under the rays of the sun, but spending days with this very friendly and cute and sometimes shy ghost made Chanyeol laugh a little at his ironic situation.

 

Chanyeol realized he didn’t want Baekhyun to leave. And also Baekhyun placed an eternal curse on him. Baekhyun was really much stronger than he looked.

 

 

And so the both of them were sitting on the mat placed by Chanyeol himself and Baekhyun made himself visible to everyone in the park or else Chanyeol would look like a lunatic talking to himself. Chanyeol was glad.

 

Both of them were munching onto sandwiches made by Chanyeol (Baekhyun tried) and just enjoying each other’s company while observing everything about the park. The wind was just nice, not too strong to make voices inaudible, not too weak to feel anything. It made Chanyeol feel very refreshed and relaxed and he closed his eyes, just loving everything here. Not knowing whether how Baekhyun felt towards the scenery or whatever the park gave, he peeked and eye open and his heart started somersaulting when Baekhyun was immensely absorbed, more absorbed than he himself. Baekhyun had his mouth open, small ‘waaaa’ were heard from him and he looked like a kid.

 

A boy like Baekhyun shouldn’t die and Chanyeol was very much interested in his death. But still, he wasn’t going to destroy Baekhyun’s happy mood and he wanted to continue and admire his face.

 

“I like this place Channie“ -the naggy feeling struck again whenever Baekhyun called him in his nickname -“and… those sandwiches.” The ghost boy mentioned, his hands rubbing his own tummy in a circular motion and Chanyeol chucked at the cuteness of the boy. “I need more sandwiches, I don’t care.”

 

“But you ate all of them!” Chanyeol tried to reason but Baekhyun rolled his eyes before pursing his cutesy lips together.

 

“Next time make me more!~” Baekhyun laughed and Chanyeol let out an exasperated sigh, to be attacked by Baekhyun’s frontal hug. Chanyeol was shocked initially that he couldn’t breathe (maybe because Baekhyun may be hugging a little bit tightly), but soon, he kind of enjoyed the smaller’s arms around his waist, his head lying against his broad chest and Chanyeol was scared that his increasing heartbeat could be heard by Baekhyun. Chanyeol felt as if he experienced this before but he was sure, so sure, that he never met a ghost like Baekhyun. Or anyone like Baekhyun.

 

It was around 20 seconds when Baekhyun asked, “Aren’t you going to hug me back? It looks like I’m very desperate…” and Chanyeol understood what he meant and he embraced the ghost with all his heart, enjoying his strong arms wrapping around the boy’s body. “I… I like lying on your chest and hugs…” There, it happened again and Chanyeol was a little bit angry and frustrated for that stupid, repetitive and peculiar feeling to ruin his thoughts. Just, why? Did Baekhyun really cast some sort of spell on Chanyeol? But so far Chanyeol had been a very nice guy to him and as far as he knew, he didn’t deserve to have his mind and heart played like this.

 

Absentmindedly, Chanyeol released his arms and Baekhyun looked up, pouting childishly and Chanyeol’s heart was tired of jumping so much whenever he observed something cute about the ghost but he liked that feeling. However, at the same time he’s confused because why was his heart acting so weirdly?

 

He wanted Baekhyun to leave but now, if he were to think about it, Chanyeol wouldn’t mind wrapping his arms around Baekhyun for eternity while having their bodies locked together in chains. He liked, no, loved being this close to the ghost and he wanted to take the intimacy even further because his heart told him to.

 

All these while staring at those pink, kissable lips that played with his heart ruthlessly; Chanyeol pushed his chin up and leaned his face closer. And Chanyeol planted a small kiss on the ghost, not knowing Baekhyun had his eyes wide because Chanyeol had his eyes closed. This felt familiar. Those lips felt familiar.

 

After a while hanging onto each other’s lips, Chanyeol parted and Baekhyun continued staring at the taller, his cheeks flushing red like cherry.

 

Channyeol decided to glance at the ghost and all Baekhyun did was to tear up, launching himself towards Chanyeol while sobbing like a cute mess. Chanyeol giggled, because he knew Baekhyun liked the kiss and he was very happy that’s why he cried.

 

But crying for five minutes because you’re very happy even though you weren’t living was strange. Worried, Chanyeol glanced down and found Baekhyun’s hair changed into a hazel brown colour, his clothes that he worn since day one morphing into something that Chanyeol felt so familiar with. A grey sweater with a heart shape in the middle and for a moment Chanyeol thought if Baekhyun was really really happy and in love, he could gain the ability to change clothes. But,

 

Baekhyun wasn’t happy.

 

Baekhyun was upset.

 

Was it because of his confession?

 

“Why...”

 

Chanyeol gulped when Baekhyun stared at him, his eyes puffed up, and he noticed there were eyebags underneath them. Baekhyun looked very exhausted and tired and Chanyeol wanted to continue hugging him, letting him sleep in his arms but Baekhyun didn’t have the mood for cuddles. Not to mention, Chanyeol felt the déjà vu again and he watched how Baekhyun’s lips were quivered, his eyes droopy and tired.

 

Baekhyun’s arms were trembling and Chanyeol made the initiative to rub his arm, trying to soothe the ghost and it was breaking his heart pieces by pieces. Chanyeol found out when they kissed; it wasn’t magic that made the feeling.

 

He felt like he loved Baekhyun before when he kissed him but he had no idea how he felt that before.

 

Everything about Baekhyun was so familiar to him – his love for fries and chocolates, how he always craved for food, how he could get so happy just because of Chanyeol – everything did not make sense to Chanyeol whom was still trying to calm Baekhyun.

 

“You’re so distant to me now.” Baekhyun’s voice was laced with sadness and Chanyeol’s chest tightened at that tone, his ears twitching upon hearing those familiar words.

 

“What the...” Chanyeol gasped when the green luscious grasses around them changed into something more flat and Chanyeol didn’t know what powers the ghost possessed.

 

Soon, their surroundings were changed completely and the taller could only gape at how eccentric and eerie the place felt - how he felt like he stayed here before. He gasped when he realized the both of them were standing and he saw how the plates were smashed, the one beautifully carved vases shattered into miserable pieces and Baekhyun was in front of him, his tears running down his ashen cheeks like waterfall.

 

“How could you forget about our anniversary?” Baekhyun continued and Chanyeol’s eyes increased in size, if possible, at those words. What anniversary? Were they together already? Had a year passed?

 

“I was busy at work.” Chanyeol’s mind started playing those words in his own voice and he noticed Baekhyun’s pupils dilating, and the smaller started to scratch his head desperately, as if trying to hold on to something strong. Chanyeol wanted to go over and hug Baekhyun, telling him to stop whatever was happening now but he realized his feet weren’t moving according to his commands.

 

“Work? How dare you… lie to me about working when a few days ago I… I saw some slithering up on you and you…” Baekhyun was stammering and he was so filled with hatred and despair he jabbed Chanyeol’s chest painfully and the latter could recognize this feeling so much. “You did no about it?”

 

Chanyeol somehow predicted himself to feel very sore and frustrated at Baekhyun but he couldn’t really fathom a reason and he wanted to punch himself for whatever he did. How could he not see Baekhyun hurting so much, he was already breaking down? “How many times must I tell you my clients are a bunch of es? You know I only love you but right here, you are questioning me. We made an oath at the altar, Baekhyun.”

 

“Yes, we made an oath, Park Chanyeol.” Right before, Chanyeol was a little doubtful that Baekhyun was talking to him. But now, he had no qualms despite the fact that he couldn’t remember this happening. “We made an oath to be together no matter what, but you’re coming home late every night and I-I wake up every morning to find you missing. I want the Chanyeol that wakes me up every morning, kissing me before going for work, or the Chanyeol that comes home on time to teach me how to make dinner-“

 

“I can’t, okay?! I’m tasked to take over the company and  I have no times for those cheesy bull I did years ago. I love you but I just couldn’t or even, don’t know how to express it. I have no time!”

 

“It’s the effort-”

 

“Are you ing dumb!?” Chanyeol’s heart was squashed by an imaginary boulder when Baekhyun kept deadly silent, and soon, he saw a hand flashed before him and his cheeks started to redden. Baekhyun slapped him.

 

To this point, Chanyeol was beyond puzzled because everything was so foreign yet so close to him. How dare the Chanyeol he couldn’t control, be so mean towards…. Baek? The cute, happy small boy who’s a few months older than him (how the hell did Chanyeol knew that), always ing with his friends Luhan and Kyungsoo (those names were so familiar), always rooting for him in his basketball matches (how did he-) -

 

“Go to hell. I’m leaving this place.”

 

All those familiar and strange thoughts started flowing away the moment Chanyeol found himself drifting away from the sight of Baekhyun, who was inching further and further away, squatting down on the floor, crying uncontrollably. Chanyeol knew he did that, but why would he? Baekhyun’s too fragile to be broken!

 

Soon, Chanyeol found himself back to the time when he asked Baekhyun the same question, when the both of them were in the living room watching dramas. Baekhyun had his black hair again and he had those clothes he worn on the first day, his smile brightening Chanyeol’s mood and all suddenly.

 

Chanyeol knew he went back in time because for one thing he’s certain, he remembered arguing with Baekhyun which ended up causing the latter to wail but now, he’s here. Everything was back to normal and Chanyeol pledged to make this stay forever. He would never ever make Baekhyun cry.

 

“It happened,” Chanyeol’s ears perked up because he remembered ‘saying’ that to Baekhyun and he continued to listen as Baekhyun continued to munch on chips, watching the drama attentively. “When the one I loved told me to go to hell. I died because I was wanted to be forgotten, a dead memory to my lover because my lover was hurt by me…”

 

Chanyeol’s heart started speeding up and his brain started to feel alive.

 

“I am the ghost that you wanted to get rid of, but couldn’t bear to.”

 

“What...”

 

“You thought your love for me was gone because you rarely saw me and that’s why you couldn’t bear to see me. But nonetheless, you were so upset about me doubting your love you left, thinking how you should leave the house earlier but I kept appearing in your head.”

 

“I don’t understand, Baek…”

 

“That’s why you wanted me gone. You wanted those sad feelings gone. You-“

 

Chanyeol suddenly realized the surroundings changed and it was getting noisier, with people dancing around drunk and high. Chanyeol found himself in a club and suddenly, his hands had a mind of their own and he grabbed shots after shots, dunking it all down. His steps were messy and clumsy. Soon, he saw this very familiar black car and Chanyeol knew he shouldn’t drive while being drunk. But still, he did and it wasn’t a while until he made a wrong swerve and the car went rolling down the slope, before ending up in a ton of metal waste. Chanyeol couldn’t move at all and his head hurt and it was then did he realize what happened. This was different. “I am the ghost of your unwanted memory”

 

He remembered not waking up to see his still alive body still bound by the seatbelt. He remembered not seeing the interior of the broken car. However, for once in all these madness and weirdness, something different happened.

 

From this mix of strange occurrences and memories, he remembered, or logically thinking, that he’s supposed to see Baekhyun in his house afterwards. But it did not happen. Instead, the grasses were fading into nothing and Chanyeol realized, of all the things that happened to him so far, none of them were supposedly ‘real’. Baekhyun wasn’t really a ghost. He… Baekhyun should appear in front of him, sooner or later. 

 

The surroundings were changed into what seemed like a hallway. The walls were painted with a familiar pastel blue, metal lockers lined across it. Some of them were decorated, some weren’t and right in front of Chanyeol now was a petite figure, who had his face covered by a pile of books in his hands running towards him. Chanyeol was about to avoid this running boy when suddenly, both moved in the same direction and the boy crashed onto the taller.

 

Books were strewn around them and the boy was lying on top of Chanyeol, his hands at the sides of his face. Chanyeol groaned when the weight moved and he opened his eyes, to see Byun Baekhyun staring at him in shock with equally wide eyes.

 

“S-Sorry!” That honey-smooth voice belonged to Baekhyun alright. The short boy looked downwards and when he realized the provocative position they had, he quickly jumped up and continued muttering apologies. But still, before Chanyeol could say anything, Baekhyun ran away at the speed of light and Chanyeol still couldn’t resist Baekhyun being this cute, his little legs scampering away in embarrassment.

 

All of a sudden, the surroundings started changing again and now, both of them were in a classroom and there were classmates Chanyeol knew he saw before. Just as he started looking around, he saw Baekhyun walking towards him with a piece of paper in his hand.

 

“Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. I guess fate made us project partners huh?” Baekhyun was rubbing the back of his head bashfully and Chanyeol laughed. Accepting the piece of paper in his hand, Chanyeol gave a nod of approval.

 

“Guess my favourite food?” Chanyeol was transported to another place, where Baekhyun was in the kitchen with Kyungsoo now and Chanyeol knew this question was directed at him. He wanted to answer but suddenly, he couldn’t recall what he said. But he remembered saying bananas once and he remembered Baekhyun shaking his head. “It’s french fries but chocolates would always try to be in the first place.”

 

Chanyeol could see Kyungsoo smiling like an idiot at the both of them from his peripheral vision, still stirring the cake mix.

 

Chanyeol made a mental note to remember Baekhyun’s favourite food forever.

 

Then everything around him morphed into what seemed like a basketball court and before he could react, Chanyeol saw a ball hurling towards him and upon professional instincts, he grabbed it and quickly threw the ball towards his teammates. It’s a wonder how Chanyeol wasn’t really moving his own limbs at will but everything was moving just like what it was supposed to be, even himself. Where the heck was he and where’s reality?

 

However, he didn’t really mind much for right now, he could see Baekhyun screaming and jumping on his seat, cheering for him while carrying what seemed like pom poms. But the moment they locked gazes, Baekhyun quickly sat back down (he almost fell from the embarrassment) and hid his blushing face, Kyungsoo and Luhan laughing at him for being stupid.

 

Even from far, he could feel Baekhyun’s supportive stare on him, and he didn’t want to disappoint him.

 

He remembered he won that day because Baekhyun’s there.

 

The scene changed once more and they were at the beach and Chanyeol found himself sinking into something. Glancing around, all he saw was clear white sand with palm tree planted around. He could hear the swash crashing against the shore, the refreshing sound soothing his heart and mind. The skies were painted with hues of blue, red and orange and right in front of him, was Byun Baekhyun. Perfect.

 

All of a sudden, Chanyeol found himself leaning towards him, kissing Baekhyun against the setting sun. No wonder the kiss just now felt so familiar. Even more perfect.

 

“It’s funny how we both started out as project mates, to lovers… hehe.” Baekhyun removed his lips from Chanyeol and the latter wanted to continue the addictive contact.

 

“Well I had to be a nice person and reciprocate your huge crush on me. I know you’ve fallen for me the moment you knocked onto me.” Chanyeol heard himself saying and he giggled at how Baekhyun’s adorable face got contorted into something that resembled a mixture of anger and embarrassment.

 

“Which ugly told you, Luhan or Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun had his mouth curved in slight annoyance and Chanyeol grabbed both sides of his cheeks and kissed him.

 

“Does it matter now?” Chanyeol smirked when the shorter reacted positively to it.

 

“N..No...” Baekhyun had a goofish smile on him now and smaller arms wrapped around Chanyeol and he felt something warm on his chest, inside inclusively too. He could see the black tuff of hair lying against his broad chest and he wondered whether Baekhyun could hear how much it was beating for him. As he hugged him, Chanyeol leaned his head down and sniffed that scent that defined his lover, the scent that he could not miss. It smelled sweet and though it sounded really gross, Chanyeol loved it. “I… I like lying on your chest and hugs from you.”

 

Chanyeol released his arms to give another peck on Baekhyun’s lips when suddenly, he could he could feel the fine grains on his feet getting swept away by a gust of wind and soon, they were covered with a pair of black socks and leather shoes. The moment he blinked, the setting changed and though they were still at the same beach (Chanyeol didn’t know how he knew it since almost all beaches look the same), the current location he’s at wasn’t.

 

Right now, he was sitting on benches that were placed on the deck of what seemed like a resort and he could see people playing on the beach, even managing to see his friends struggling to push one of his friends down into the water. But what caught the most of his attention was the pink banner that simply wrote ‘Congratulations Mr Park and Mr Byun’ in bold italic, hearts decorated around the white words.

 

Smiling unconsciously, he could feel someone smaller than him rubbing his face against his arm and he glanced down, seeing his husband Byun Baekhyun grinning happily at everything that happened that day. “Today’s sunset… it’s really pretty, don’t you think?”

 

“But you’re still the prettiest tonight. The most handsome, cutest, adorable and beautiful person I’ve ever seen.” Baekhyun blushed at those words and reached out a hand to smack Chanyeol chest.

 

“Cheesy.” Chanyeol smiled widely and leaned his head sideways against Baekhyun. “But the thing I really really love about this sunset, or this place, was because you confessed to me, here.”

 

“Wow, you remembered. I almost forgot.” Chanyeol chuckled at how Baekhyun pouted angrily at him, his head away from his arm already.

 

“You’re cheesy and undeserving!”

 

“Well, though I remembered that you blushed a lot. And you kissed me against this exact, beautiful sunset.” Chanyeol started and Baekhyun stopped pouting. Instead, an enticing smile was replaced, causing the taller’s heart to skip a beat.

 

“I remembered that you love French fries a lot-“

 

“With chocolates trying-“

 

“-with chocolates trying to be in the first place.” Chanyeol said with utmost sincerity and he leaned his head closer, till Baekhyun could see very clearly the love and passion he had for him in his big brown eyes.

 

Baekhyun was already tearing up, his mouth quivering though trying his best to smile. In this close proximity, Chanyeol could see clearly the teardrops hanging so beautifully below his enchanting eyes and continued.

 

“I remembered how you changed your y personality around me and I will always remember you supporting all of my basketball matches.”

 

“Y-Yah Chanyeol…”

 

“I remembered how you walk towards me in class for project, and you shied away from me. But I’m thankful that I came up with the initiative and I’ve never, ever, regretted any moment being with you.

 

I will always remember you, the y boy rushing for class, knocking down onto me before running away. I will always remember that day,” Chanyeol stopped, his big hands wiping off the tears on Baekhyun’s cheeks. “was the day I realized my heart was stolen. I will always remember that day was the day I could never retrieve it back ever again. I will always remember today, is the day we promised to love each other, to be with each other till death do us part. I will remember this love forever because, there’s you in it. I’ll be with you, no matter what.”

 

And slowly, Chanyeol leaned his lips so slowly, trying not to hurt the already-fragile Baekhyun, and both of them kissed. Baekhyun was filled with so much passion, Chanyeol could feel it in his lips and he reciprocated the same feelings, strong arms hugging the weaker frame. This feeling, of just kissing your lover or being around your lover – Chanyeol would never ever want to abandon it, or forget it.

 

But soon, while Chanyeol was enjoying how their lips pieced together perfectly like puzzle pieces, Chanyeol felt cold. He looked around. Baekhyun had vanished, along with the resort, the beach, the sky. Everything was black around Chanyeol and he was really desperate. He needed Baekhyun. He couldn’t forget about Baekhyun at all. Running around trying to find a small light of hope, he discovered nothing. It was when Chanyeol started crying about how bad of a husband he was for thinking he couldn’t love him anymore, when Baekhyun was always there at home, waiting for him to have dinner together. It was when Chanyeol knew he was the biggest idiot for trying to forget about this perfect being.

 

Memories rushed through him and Chanyeol’s legs fell onto the ground, and he submerged himself in sadness. Feeling all the energy draining from him, he held his palms up his face and cried, wanting Baekhyun back, wanting to see his beloved face again.

 

Suddenly, he could feel something touching his face. He could feel warmth wrapping around his hands. He turned his head around, to see the darkness around him still being constant. Surprisingly, Chanyeol couldn’t move his limbs anymore and he struggled, but could not. Soon, he could see very bright lights shining all around him and he was engulfed by it and Chanyeol closed his eyes.

 

After a while, he realized opening his eyes was so, so difficult, as if something was pulling down his eyelids. But still, he managed to open them and all he could see was white above him.

 

He could feel gravity pushing him against something and he knew he was lying down currently. But how? Wasn’t he sitting just now?

 

Chanyeol felt something like a blanket covering from his toes to his chest, and there were objects stuck under his skin.

 

Worried that he was being tortured, he turned his head, though albeit weak, to wince in pain. Something was wrapped around his head but before he could comprehend why there was also a constant beeping sound beside him, he saw beautiful but delicate hands wrapping around his and lying on top of them, was a familiar tuft of brown hair.

 

Smiling tiredly, everything came rushing through his head.

 

He got into a car accident and had a dream while being in a coma. A dream about a ghostly Baekhyun. A dream about a love never forgotten, never gone.

 

Wanting to move and hug Baekhyun for whatever he had been gone true, he mustered up all his strength to move his arm and apparently, it woke the boy up.

 

Baekhyun had eye bags but still, he was smiling, his beautiful eyes turning glassy.

 

“Chanyeol…”

 

“I’ll be with you, no matter what, Baek.”

 

And Baekhyun smiled even brighter, his smile always that dazzling.

 

Like how Chanyeol always remembered.

 

======

god omg the cheesiness of the ending just nononononononononononono