Cleaning

Cleaning

                        The sound of a soon-to-be couple fighting flowed out from the TV. “The Heirs” was on, and Junhyung had come over to his girlfriend, Heeyoung’s house to watch the newest episode.

            Sitting on the couch quietly, eyes intently watching the screen, they passed the hour with repressed emotions and restrained gesticulations.

The episode ending, they groaned. A cliffhanger.

            “I can’t believe that happened,” Heeyoung groaned, kicking her feet in the air.

“I could strangle these people and not regret going to jail,” Junhyung sighed dramatically.

            “Everyone’s so unreasonable!” Heeyoung stated, exasperated.

            “So incredibly unreasonable,” Junhyung shook his head. He was about to open his mouth to speak again, but something caught his eye, and he clamped it shut, his eyebrows furrowing and his eyes narrowing. Dirt.

            On the tile floor of the entry way, there was a track of muddy foot prints leading to a pair of muddy boots lying with the rest of the shoes. It was horrifying, and Junhyung needed to fix it right now.

            Getting up abruptly, he scampered over to the kitchen. Heeyoung watched him, confused by his sudden mood change. Listening as she heard things clattering before hearing the light thumps and taps as they were reorganized, it hit her. Junhyung must have seen dirt somewhere. Searching the area frantically, she saw the muddy prints, cursing her friend for doing something so evil.          

            She observed silently as Junhyung ran out of the kitchen, clad in a gas mask and several cleaning instruments, to the entry way. He swiftly and efficiently cleaned the area and boots up. Heeyoung let him. It was perfectly reasonable for him to clean that up, even if it wasn’t his responsibility. Besides, she wouldn’t be able to stop his OCD anyway. He would go crazy just knowing that there was dirt there in need of cleaning.

            Sighing in relief once he had finished the entry way, Heeyoung was about to speak up, suggest they watch a movie while also apologizing for the mess, but stopped when he trotted over to the kitchen and started cleaning the floor on his hands and knees.

            “Oh no,” she muttered, rising from the couch. “No, no, no.”

            He was in cleaning mode now. If she didn’t stop him, he would spend the rest of the day cleaning her whole house from top to bottom.  Walking over to him, she looked over the kitchen. It wasn’t dirtied yet, since she had cleaned it before he came over. She could do this.

            “Junhyung,” she pleaded cutely for his attention. “I wanna watch a movie.”

            Noticing there was no change in his compulsive cleaning, she decided to use aegyo. Curling her hands into fists, she put them on opposing cheeks and turned them.

            “Buing buing,” she sang adorably, hoping to at least get a reaction out of him.

            His body twitched and his face flushed, but he kept working diligently.

            “Kwiyomi~,” she started to do Kwiyomi, hoping the continuous cuteness would grab his attention. She could see him fighting the urge to clean while also fighting the urge to look.

            Huffing after she went through the whole routine without achieving the desired result, she sat on the floor outside the kitchen. What could distract him? A sure fire method… Finally, she thought of one. Leaning back on her hands, she called to him.

“Hey, Junhyung.”

            There was no response.

            ” Junhyung,” she tried again.

            Nothing.

“Oppa,” she sang.

He dropped the floor sponge and almost fell into the water bucket.

Getting up, she plodded over to him. Bending down, she grabbed his flushed face, her hands cupping his cheeks, before she pushed her lips against him. Pulling back after a moment, she laughed. His face was priceless.

Pouting, he grabbed her wrists, pulling them away from his face before capturing her lips and silencing her laughter.

“Don’t laugh at me,” he huffed once he had retreated. Smiling, she nodded. Grinning back at her, he kissed her cheek. Blushing, she kissed his nose in return. Exchanging another few pecks, they giggled at each other’s antics.

“Come on, let’s go watch Aladdin! While you set it up, I’ll order some food from that place down the street! It’ll be fun,” she demanded, smiling, taking his hand as she stood up. Nodding, he stood as well. Drifting hand in hand into the living room, Junhyung set up the TV while Heeyoung ordered the food, the cleaning supplies forgotten on the kitchen floor. Heeyoung was one of the few people that could get him away from his illness. She was always conscientious of him, and he really appreciated it. Fighting his compulsion was the least he could do for her.

As they sat on the couch again, eating and watching Aladdin, he turned to her and smiled. Giggling, she returned the smile. Leaning over, they shared a passionate yet chaste kiss.

“I love you,” he whispered to her serenely.

“I love you, too.”

~Fin~

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it... Comments are nice.