Chapter 1

My Art Teacher

It was a Friday night and really, the last thing Yongguk wanted to do was go to a "mystical place" as per Kim Himchan's words.

Speaking of the devil, he glances to his left and sees his best friend smiling to himself while singing along to whatever's playing in the background. 

"Yah, Chan. Just tell me where you're taking me. At least if I had a clue, I'd know where and how to punch you and stuff." Yongguk sighed while looking around the area. "Who would even go to this place?" He thought out loud when the only things he could see right now were trees along the sidewalk and, the quite literally, long and winding road.

Himchan punched Yongguk's arm giddily without even sparing him a glance. "You'll see!~" Yongguk just rolls his eyes to his best friend's usual hyperactiveness.

 After a few minutes, they parked at a parking lot of what looked like a mini mall. He gets out of the car and sees trees, an exclusive golf course to the mini mall's right, and a posh looking village to the left. He silently follows Himchan, mentally noting the small space inside the mall. 

Yongguk wasn't really paying attention anymore to where Himchan was going when he accidentally bumped into the said man's back.

 He peered over at Himchan and was weirded out by the fact that the usual fussy and somewhat y attitude of his friend was suddenly changed once he opened the door to an artsy-looking place. 

"My friend, we are going to paint!~" Himchan beamed with delight while talking about plunging into the arts. 

"Something's not quite right here. You're the last  person to talk to when it comes to art, Channie." Yongguk scoffs.

"Yah! That's not true. Fashion is also an art form." Himchan crossed his arms and turned around to go to the cashier.

Yongguk just rolled his eyes again and proceeded to look around the art studio. It's a really cool looking place with lots of paintings on the gallery area near the door and the paintbrushes placed above the area where the paints are set. He's not really a visual artist or anything, but he does appreciate art. 

"Hi! Welcome to The Studio. Are you interested in painting?" Yongguk turned around to see a guy taller than him, smiling cheerfully. 

"Hi. Yeah, I'm an art enthusiast. My friend actually kidnapped me to go here." The older said, smiling back to the taller guy. 

"Haha! That's good. We actually just opened recently. My name's Zelo, I'm an art instructor here." 

"Nice to meet you, Zelo-ssi. Name's Yongguk." Yongguk shakes Zelo's hand and continues to look around the place. He looks back to where Himchan was last seen and witnesses his friend turn into a blushing mess while talking to the man at the cashier. 

Zelo looks to where the older was looking and smiles. "Ah, did you go here with Himchan hyung? He's one of our most frequent customers. Been here since day one.  Though between you and me, I think he only comes here for Jonguppie hyung."

"Ah, I see." Yongguk grins. Fashion is an art form, my . "Thank you, Zelo-ssi. I'll just fetch my friend over there for a bit."

"Sure thing." Zelo smiles and goes inside a white door near the middle part of the Studio. 

Back at the cashier's area, Himchan's been talking non-stop with Jongup, he actually momentarily forgets about his friend. . .that is, until he's smacked at the back of his head by none other than the devil incarnate Yongguk. 

"Ouchhhhhh!" Himchan glares behind him while Yongguk smiles and introduces himself to the young cashier. 

"Hi, I'm Yongguk, Himchan's friend." He shakes the younger's hand and smiles. The young cashier smiles back at him and says his name, despite Yongguk already knowing that from Zelo. 

"Ah, yeah. Jonguppie, this is Yongguk, we'll be painting tonight. Are there still slots available?" Himchan said while rubbing the back of his head. 

"Actually, if not for your reservation tonight, we wouldn't have any guests. You're actually lucky too, our manager's here today to assist. I'll go at the back tell him you're here. Your seats have already been prepared, please just wait a bit, okay?" Jongup smiles toothily to Himchan, causing the older to blush madly yet again. Yongguk drags his friend to where they were supposed to be seated and puts on his apron.

"So, when were you actually going to tell me about this crush of yours? Zelo told me you've been frequenting this place since its opening."

"Ah, so you've already met Zelo. Yeah, I was just around the area for a meeting when I saw this place open. That's when I saw Jonguppie. He was talking to me about how their service works and all." Himchan talks a bit too quiet for his usual loud self. Yongguk's actually happy for his friend. He's never seen Himchan so happy and blushy, like a highschool girl in love, since forever. 

"Nice to see you again, Himchan-ssi." A voice said behind the two. Himchan turned around and stood up to hug the man.

Yongguk's in awe. You know how in the movies, they make everything look like it's in slow motion and stuff once the hero sees the love of his life? That's literally what happened to Yongguk at that very moment. With matching fireworks in the background and slow jazzy music.

"Daehyunnie! Yeah, this is my good friend Yongguk. He's an art enthusiast." Himchan pulls Yongguk up to introduce himself to the The Studio's manager and owner.

"Err, hi. Yeah, just an art enthusiast. . ." Yongguk mutters shyly. He grabs Daehyun's hands and shakes them slowly, not really about to let go. This earns him a sly look from Himchan and an awkward smile from the manager. 

"I see. It's good then! Tonight, you'll get to paint your own artwork. Have you guys chosen your painting references yet?" Daehyun smiles, hands still being held by Yongguk. The manager tries to slightly pull his hands out of Yongguk's clutches. "I'll ask Zelo and Jongup to bring out the painting references. If you'll excuse me for a bit." With that, Daehyun goes inside the white door Zelo went in to earlier.

"What was THAT about, Bbang???" Himchan giggles a bit beside his friend. 

"I-I don't know what you're talking about. But, is Daehyun-ssi. . . y'know, d-does he play for the team?" Yongguk tries to cover his shaking voice with a cough. A detail his good friend doesn't miss, because the great Bang Yongguk only stutters in the face of love. 

"Oh ho ho~ Seems like someone's got the hots for Daehyunnie~" Himchan wiggles his eyebrows. Yongguk regrets asking Himchan and just looks away.

"Himchan-ssi, the painting references have already been set up, you guys can choose whatever your heart desires." Jongup informs them.

Himchan then snakes one arm around the younger's waist. "Anything my heart desires? Really?" Jongup's cheeks flare up, it's almost crimson red. Yongguk just laughs and stands up to go to the paintings.

"Anything you like, Yongguk-ssi?" Daehyun goes beside him and smiles warmly. 

"Yeah. . ." Yongguk replies, but doesn't move at all and just likes how much electricity he's feeling right now just by being in front of Daehyun. 

"Great, may I see what it is then?" The manager asks and looks to see if Yongguk was already holding a painting reference from the gallery. 

"Uhh. . .this one!" He snaps out of it and grabs the nearest painting to where he was standing. 

"Are you sure? That's pretty hard if it's your first time." To this response, Yongguk just gulps audibly because goddamnit so many innuendos, so little time. He snaps out of it a bit and looks at the painting reference he's holding. It was Gustav Klimt's The Kiss.

"Are you gonna teach me how though?" Now it was Daehyun's time to blush because even if he was acting a bit weird earlier, Yongguk's pretty handsome and he does fit into Daehyun's type-of-guy-to-date list. 

"If you want." Yongguk's not sure if his mind's playing tricks with him now or not, but he thought he saw Daehyun give him a wink. 

Daehyun leans in a bit and gets the painting reference Yongguk was holding and accidentally brushes their fingertips. He grins and walks back to Yongguk's chair and puts the reference beside the empty canvas. 

"I'll just get your paints and water. Jonguppie will assist Himchan hyung like he always does." Daehyun's really mysterious for Yongguk. A while ago he was a y vixen unintentionally exchanging innuendos with him, and the next he's as adorable as a puppy.

He sits back to his place with Himchan already starting sketching with Jongup by his side. 

He smiles inwardly at how admittedly cute they look together and watches Daehyun put his paints on the palette board. 

Daehyun sets down the palette board near his canvas and grabs a chair to sit beside him. 

"Okay, ready?" Yongguk's never been more ready in his entire life.