Whistle

Whistle - Hoya

The light azure sky shined down on you while the puffy white clouds slowly moved across in the sky. Making your way home from work, a smile happily sat on your face while you walked to your apartment, Climbing some stairs to your place, you stopped right in front of your door, while you searched through your bag for your house keys.

Your fingers searched around in your dark bag, but one of the sharp edges of the keys grazed your finger and you smiled. Pulling out the bundle of keys, they happily hit each other with a tinkling sound.

Finding the right key, you slid it into the handle of the door and turned the knob, unlocking your house. Throwing your keys back into your bag, you entered your home, sliding off your shoes, your eyes found a pair of purple sneakers at the entrance of your home. Placing your shoes next to the mystery man’s sneakers, you closed the door behind you and looked into your living room.

A head was seen over the top cushion of the couch, the brown hair was perfectly placed on his head and you knew exactly who it was. Shuffling into the kitchen, you placed your uneaten lunch in the fridge.

"Stranger! Stranger!" You called quite loudly, catching the man-on-the-couch’s attention.

"Where?! Where?!" He jumped up and looked around the room to see you standing there in the kitchen pointing at him. A smirk escaped from your lips.

"Got ‘cha Hoya" You smiled and walked from the kitchen into the living room. Hoya folded his arms over his chest and pouted a little. Standing right in front of him, you looked up at him with a smile curled onto your lips.

"Strangers usually don’t have keys, jagi." Hoya informed you while his brown eyes looked into yours.

"Ah, so that is how you got in." You smiled a little brighter.

"How else would I get in?" Hoya questioned you with a curious smirk, while his arms dropped to his sides.

"Umm, well you could have gotten in through the window. You have done that before." You tapped your lips with your finger.

"Yah! How else was I supposed to get in? Sunggyu blocked the front door!" Hoya teased you with his bright smile and a little chuckle in his voice.

"You could have knocked." You smiled and inched a little closer to him.

"I’ll remember that for next time. But if you aren’t home I am using my spare key again." Hoya waved his finger at you and you nodded.

"What are you doing over here?" You tilted your head at him, widening your eyes knowing that he couldn’t resist you when you did that. As usual, he smiled, running his tongue over his lips and bringing his lip under his teeth. Looking away he let out a little laugh then turned back to you with a smolder on his face.

"Can’t I just come over to my girlfriend’s place when I want?" He asked raising his eyebrow but then broke his serious face with a laugh, "Actually I wanted to ask you something."

"Ask away." You smiled, nodding your head. He took in a deep breath and let it out, rubbing his hands together you could tell that he was a little nervous.

"C-Can you… I mean… I-I don’t know how to… could you teach me how to whistle?" Hoya asked just like a little kid. You beamed at his cuteness, giggling a little while covering your mouth slightly.

"Y-You don’t know how?" You asked him, thinking that he had whistled before. Hoya just shook his head with a disappointed look on his face.

"Don’t worry, I’ll help you." You lifted your hand and rested it on his arm. Just in that moment, he grabbed your hand and pulled you to the couch.

"So I got this book from the Library and it teaches you how to whistle, but I can’t do it! I read the whole thing while I was waiting for you to get off from work." He explained, holding up the book in his hands, you took it and quickly flipped through the book.

"Okay, so can you show me how you try and whistle?” You questioned him setting the book aside.

Nodding, he his lips and looked at a wall behind you, then he puckered his lips and pressed them together and blew. Blowing some of your hair you giggled.

"See, I can’t do it!" He threw his fists on his thighs in frustration.

"Don’t worry, by the end of today we will get you whistling." You smiled.

"Watch me." You smiled before your lips, his eyes watched your lips intently trying to take notes. Taking in a breath you gently blew through your lips and a beautifully toned whistle came out.

"See?" You asked him.

"Can you do it again, just slower?" He shyly asked. Nodding your head, you started again but this time  he copied you, when it got to the blowing out gently part, you gently blew to the side of his face but he blew in yours making you giggle, but still not a whistle was heard from his mouth.

"Let’s try something else." You offered not thinking that this way was working.

Hoya nodded as you lifted your hands and placed them on his cheeks. Squishing his cheeks, his lips stuck out towards you, his brow furrowed together.

"What are you doing?" He asked with his cheeks still smooshed by your hands.

"Teaching you to whistle." You giggled at his cute expression on his face. "Now blow gently, like your breathing exercises that you do or like you are blowing some bubbles."

Taking your notes, he nodded, focusing hard he concentrated and started to blow. Thinking that he about had it, it was so close but no sound came from his lips.

Releasing his cheeks from your grip, you huffed in frustration, wondering what else you could do, you sat back and thought of another way to whistle.

"Hoya, try this." You lifted your two pinkies up and placed them under your top lip and pushed them together, another whistle came from your lips.

"You look like a walrus." Hoya tapped your nose with his finger and let his killer smile beam on his face.

"I’ll try." Hoya agreed and tried several positions but nothing would work. "I can’t do it"

Starting to get frustrated, he rigged his hands together then rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don’t give up yet, I have another way." You say patting his leg with your hand.

"Really?" He lifted his head.

"I’ll teach you it too." You smiled happily, "Okay, do this."

Placing your thumb and pointer finger in your mouth, you blew it as well and a sound came out, Hoya followed your example but no sound came out.

"Here is another one." You showed him another way with your lips, but he just got a confused face and spit all over you.

"Sorry." He wiped his spit off of your face after he saw what he did.

"That is okay, we all have those moments" You wiped the rest of his spit off of your face.

"Let’s go back to the first one. But concentrate, think whistle. Think about a girl walking past in an outfit that just makes your jaw drop." You suggested.

"You know I can’t think of you like that when you are sitting right here in front of me." He nervously laughs, you feel blush on your cheeks and look away. Composing yourself, you ruffle up his hair.

"Okay, just try." You nodded, he nodded with a smile on his face.

his lips carefully, he puckered then and got another serious, concentrated look on his face. Focusing on the necklace around your neck he moved his lips up and down to find the right position, but then something wonderful happened.

A beautiful high pitched note was heard, your eyes brightened as you saw that it was coming from Hoya. Looking back at him, his eyes got wide with surprise.

"You did it!" You beamed clapping your hands. He couldn’t hide his smile as he broke his whistle.

"I did it!" Jumping up from the couch, he started dancing happily, getting up yourself, he pulled you into his victory dance.

Moving with him, you couldn’t help but smile and laugh a little. He stopped and bounced on his toes with all the excitement bubbling up within him.

"I did it! Thank you so much! You’re the best girlfriend ever!" Hoya called at the top of his lungs, fist pumping the air, he pulled you into a tight hug against him.

"You’re welcome, I am glad you could find your whistle." You said into the hug. But he suddenly took you by surprise and twirled you around. Spinning faster and faster, you started closing your eyes and laughing at the tingling sensation in your stomach.

He stopped once he got dizzy and pulled you down on the couch with him.

"You know there is only one type of whistle that is just for you." He smiles at you while his fingers gently raked through your hair, tucking it behind your ear.

"What whistle is that?" You lifted your head and rested your chin on his chest.

Puckering his lips again, he did one of those “Ow Ow” whistles, the ones that you only do when they find someone attractive, you blushed and buried your face into his chest. He smirked and leaned in, kissing your forehead, he gently pet your hair while you listened to his heartbeat, letting the rest of the night slip through your fingers.