Frozen Heart

Frozen Heart

♥♥♥

Walking to another classroom since it's my next class. Ugh, college is hard. I have to walk on these heels and walk all around our school building.

"Hey, Anna!" I heared someone called my name as I continued walking. As I turned around, I saw my boyfriend, Kris.

"Oh hi! What's your next class?" I asked and smiled to let him not know that I'm suffering from these heels I'm wearing right now.

"It's gym class and I gotta get ready. See you later. Love you and be safe with those heels." He winked before he left.

"He knows." I told my friend who was with me the whole time.

"You sure?" She said and I nodded. Most of the time when I suffer from things, he notices it right away because of the expression on my face. Such a cool side of him right?

-----

 

 

 

 

 

These following days I haven't been able to be with Kris because of exams. I miss him so much.

-----

 

 

 

 

 

Kris kept on texting me like I'm not busy with anything. My gosh... I understand that we have different courses and we don't have time to meet each other that much during these days since we have to study for exams but he should know what situation I'm in!

-----

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Text messages between Anna and Kris]

 

9:15 PM

Kris: Anna! I missed you so much because we haven't met each other lately! I curse these exams and I want to go out of my way to meet you right now but I can't. :(((

9:15 PM

Anna: I know but at least lessen your texts for a while because I can't concentrate a little... Sorry, Kris...

9:20 PM

Kris: Oh I understand. You should have told me earlier if I'm bothering you.

 

(Hm that's weird. He replied quite a while... Did he have a hard time replying?)

 

9:21 PM

Anna: Thank you for understanding, Kris. Now I'm going to go out for a while for fresh air. Good night! :*

-----

9:25 PM

I wore my coat and boots since it's very cold outside and it's snowing either.

"Mom, I'm going out for a while!"

No answer. Oh well.

I opened the door and felt the breeze went through me. I stepped outside and closed the door. I started walking and humming some songs.

I sighed out loud. "Haaa! The weather sure is cold today!! And I still have to study for exams before winter break. Darn it."

I checked my phone and I haven't recieved a good night reply from Kris. Hm that's weird.

 

 

 

 

Snow started to pour and suddenly I heard some noises behind me. I looked behind me and sees no one there. What a weird thing. I gotta be careful...

-----

 

9:40 PM

"I have to go back home!" I cried and ran back home. I was about to run around the corner but I accidentally bumped into someone.

 

 

 

"Ouch!" We both said in unison.

 

 

 

 

"Sorry! I didn't mean to bump you!" I looked up and saw a man.

 

 

 

"Anna! I've been looking for you! I'm glad you're safe!" The man hugged me.

 

 

 

Oh it's Kris..

 

 

 

 

"W-Why did you look for me?" I asked and tried to stand up but it seems that I twisted my ankle. Was that bump that hard that I twisted my ankle?!

 

 

 

 

"What do you meant by why? I don't want you to go out during the night! And where's auntie that she didn't stop you from going out?" I got a little confused by the word auntie and realized that he meant by auntie was my mom.

 

 

 

"I told her but she didn't respond. I guess she was asleep already." I struggled to stand up but then Kris carried me like a princess.

 

 

 

 

"You do know that there are many thugs and kidnappers are strolling around during night?" Kris scolded me.

 

 

 

"Yeah." I replied back with a boring tone. Gosh so annoying I just want personal space. "Oh yeah. why didn't you stop me by texting me?"

 

 

 

"Because I know you wouldn't listen."

 

 

 

He's right. I wouldn't listen to him at all since I'm stubborn. I really don't want people ordering me around when I needed space.

 

 

"You know what Kris... We need to--"

 

 

Some guy cutted my sentence.

 

 

"Well well well lookie here~ Isn't it Anna.."

 

 

"Namhyuk-ah." I said.

 

 

"What are you doing here!?" Kris growled as he put me down on the side.

 

 

"To take Anna back." He smirked and I showed a terrible expression.

 

 

 

I don't want to go back together with him.

 

 

 

"You have to pass through me before you get Anna!!" Kris shouted, blocking the man before him.

 

 

"Tch." Nam Hyuk pushed Kris away and carried me.

 

 

"Let me go!!!" I struggled in his grasp.

 

 

"Tell me, Anna. What do you see in this guy?" His expression turned from evil to sad. Oh no not this side of his. I looked at Kris as he marched towards us.

 

 

 

"Let her go!" Kris punched Nam Hyuk which made him drop me to the cold sidewalk.

 

 

"Ouch!" I cried, holding my bruised arm.

 

 

"Anna!" Kris cried my name.

 

 

"Agh!" Kris cried again, faliing to the ground.

 

 

"Never look away from your opponent." Nam Hyuk said with blood on his bottom lip.

 

 

"K-Kris..!!" I tried to stand up but I'm too weak to stand up

 

 

Kris gave Nam Hyuk another attack on the stomach. "Don't worry, I'll protect you and never leave your side!!"

 

 

I dropped into tears.

 

 

Why was I so stubborn?

 

 

If only I wasn't stubborn, none of this would happen.

 

 

I stood up trying to resist the pain. "S-Stop it... Please..." I wimply walked towards them but ended being hit by the elbow of Nam Hyuk when he was about to punch Kris.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Then, I lost consciousness.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I regained my consciousness and saw an unconscious man lying down beside me.

 

 

 

"Kris!!?" I shook him gently, not wanting to hurt him with his bruises. A woman saw me helpless.

 

 

 

 

"Oh my... I should call the ambulance.." She said and started dialing on her phone.

 

 

 

 

 

"...Kris....?" I shook him again, ignoring the woman who was helping me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"KRIS!!!?" I shook him violently.

 

 

 

 

 

"Kris........" I started crying.

 

 

 

 

"Maybe there's still a chance..." I looked at the woman. "Miss... Where's the ambulance....?" I tried remaining calm as I talked to her.

 

 

 

"They're on their way here. May you please tell me what happened here?" More people came to see the incident.

 

 

"My... My....." I can't tell her. It's so stupid that I can't explain.

 

 

Suddenly the ambulance came and placed Kris on the bed gently. I followed them and rode with them in the back of the van with Kris.

--------

 

 

 

 

 

 

*beep*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The doorbell rang as I pressed it. A lady answered the door and let me enter her house.

 

"He's been waiting for you ever since this morning." She smiled.

"Oh that's so sweet of him." I smiled back and went upstairs.

 

I knocked on the door and came right in.

 

"I'm here." I grinned.

"I'm glad." He smiled.

"Are you better now, Kris?" I closed the door behind me.

"Better because you're here." He chuckled and I giggled. I sat down on his bed with him on his laptop.

"I'm glad....that you regained consciousness.... I almost died back there..." I started crying.

"Shh.." He placed his forefinger in front of my lip to hush me. "Forget that day. Just remember that we're together again now. Alive." He placed me into his arms.

"Mnm.." I nodded and cuddled with him on bed. "....Sorry..." I whispered before I fell asleep.

-------

 

 

I woke up and sees Kris's mother in front of us,

 

 

 

crying.

 

 

 

Why is she crying? We were just sleeping...

 

 

 

"Auntie... Why are you crying?"

 

 

 

"K-K-Kris..."

 

 

"Kris?" I looked at Kris, sleeping soundly. "What's wrong?"

 

 

"T-Touch his h-heart...."

 

 

I did what she said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No.....

 

 

 

No.............

 

 

 

NO............

 

 

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

I..............

 

 

 

 

I can't believe this.........

 

 

 

 

How come?!!!

 

 

 

 

 

"HOW COME?!!!" I screamed. "WHY?!!!"

 

 

 

"I'm sorry.... He told me to keep it as a secret..." His mother broke down into tears.

 

 

"I always knew that he is strong. STRONG AND HEALTHY!"

 

 

"He gets hyperventilation from time to time..... He is only attacked by it when he's in the house...." His mom continued crying.

 

 

"Why didn't he tell me?!"

 

 

"He doesn't want to show his weak side to the person he loves.... He risk his own life for you, Anna..."

 

 

I started crying so hard and cried out loud that the people from outside can hear it.

 

 

 

Before, I was selfish, and I didn't care about you.

I didn't understand your heart; I was a fool.

Right now, I'm trying to change who I am and I know you're not by my side, but it's because of your love that I'm trying to change.