Shower of Flour

Shower of Flour

I could only watch and hope that you wouldn’t be only a faint memory of someone that I used to know.

- - -

Caked with flour full on the face is suddenly becoming an awkward situation.

Goddam Shindong and whoever gave him the flour bag in the first place. I saw Baekhyun ruffling his tousled hair full with flour credited to Park Chanyeol. The flour bombing should have been expected since it’s the last day of school.

It was an uncontrollable situation, definitely when our lecturers were bombed with flour as well.

Escaping will be wise since the faculty ground have become a battlefield of flour. I followed Eunji unnie to the empty studio so we both could just watched while the troublemaker attacking our fellow friend with flour. The peace and laughter doesn’t last long when Chen creep behind us and decide to drop a handful of flour on Eunji’s head. It blew her off totally and I was just frozen when Sehun appear with more flour.

Kai apparently appear at the right time and take the matter into his hand that Sehun leave the studio with flour in his boxer and his rainbow. Eunji was already halfway across the faculty with her evil laughter booming along the corridor. I giggle at the sight of Sehun with face scrunched uncomfortably with his boxer full of flour. You wouldn’t want to know how Kai do that.

“Thank you..” I was dusting my pant off the flour.

My leg swinging nervously, Heart thumping like I could have a heart attack. He sat beside me at the window and I could smell a faint smell of smoke and cologne. It was making me dizzy inside.

“No need to.” He chuckled.

“You are still going to Japan.” My mouth opens nervously. You know the fact clearly.

“Yeah.” He replied calmly.

“I heard.” My hand dusting the flour off his black wife beater and I was tempted to hold that toned arm.

His hand pinch my nose making me scrunched my face is distaste and his cold skin. I almost held my breath. His face was etching in my mind. The cold skin and smoke scent layered with cologne and I almost wish I could keep the scent with me.

“Stop that. Your hand are cold, Kai.” I whined. Not cute at all Rei.

“You got flour all over your face.” He teased my cheeks, rubbing his palm on my cheekbone.

“Here a flour and there.” He pokes my cheek and I couldn’t help but I wouldn’t have a cardiac arrest right now. The distance between us are gone. I wish I didn’t have control of myself that time.

“Ahh… I miss a spot.” His smile fell and I watch him lowering his eyes and face to mine that I know he taste like a winter.. him..himm..cold.. mint…. Coffe..smoke…and cream soda among it. Cold skin and rough stubble. And old whiff of aftershave.

It happens slowly and sensually that I couldn’t think. My heart stop beating and I held my breath with his palm cupping my face. My cheek burned beneath his big cold palm and I keep it there with my palm trembling. We pull away and I caught a lungful of air.

“You are warm enough… “ his eyes were saying goodbye and I hate that distance is not the only wall between us and that you will never be mine.

“Cold enough Kai…” I let faint smile.

Like I found the perfect for the half of my soul that wasn’t mine. Your hand that hold my small hand place slipped away and I watch and watch you fade into the arms of teenagers showering with flour.

 

I wish that we will met again with a new chance that I never had. I stood and walk into the ground letting the flour shower me cause I knew you were somewhere around.