Finale

The Vows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2]finale[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]

 

The music played and he turned around. All eyes fell on her as she walked with elegance and charm. The spell she had casted on his heart was unbreakable, and in that very moment, he was willing to do anything not to break it.

 

Her dress was everything he imagined it would be; her hair fell in soft sparkling locks. And the smile she gave him, as she looked at no one else, was purely magical.

 

She effortlessly made her way to stand beside him, he struggled not to lean forward and claim her soft, alluring lips.

 

That day, she was going to change her title, devoting everything she had to him. That day, he was going to do the same.

 

“I vow to live a lifetime of loving you, falling deeper each day”

 

500 days ago.

 

He sat on his usual table, his jacket placed on the chair beside him. He had a cup of coffee and omelette in front of him. This was his routine before work every day. It was a small, local diner, filled with quiet conversations and warm repasts.

 

He had never expected that anything out of the ordinary would ever happen to him in that typical place, in his typical life. He never expected he’d fall in love at first sight.

 

That was when he noticed her. She was sitting on the table facing him. Her steaming cup of cappuccino was placed next to a plate of chouquettes.  She seemed engrossed with her book. Her hair was tied up in a messy ponytail. It looked like she just rose from bed.

 

Unknowingly to him, his time slowed down that very moment, the waiters and diner vanished from his sight, leaving just the two of them.

 

Had he kept a watch, he would’ve known that the period of his stare was exactly two seconds. And he wanted more.

 

There was something about her. Perhaps it was her soft hair, her bright skin, or maybe it was the way she was tilting her legs to a side. She evoked beauty and perfection.

 

She closed her book and reached for the cup. She removed the spoon, tapped it against the cup, and then placed it on the saucer. She held her drink with her little finger pointing out. She seemed like someone from another age, like a princess caught in the modern life. She was a perfect model of poise, even with her energetic, youthful attire. Her personality was intriguing.

 

It was now three seconds.

 

She fixed a single strand of her hair behind her ear. That move was mesmerizing to him; he wanted to caress her locks as they sit together on a couch, watching some soap opera. She placed the cup back and took a bite into her chouquette. She closed her eyes, savoring the rich taste of fruits and sweetness. He imagined her closing her eyes as he tastes her pink, tempting lips.

 

She moved her chair slowly, trying to avoid the sunlight that found its way to her eyes. She was as delicate as the wild iris that grows in the neighborhood he grew up in. Her gaze fell on him. He didn’t dare look away. Her alluring appearance was surpassed by a naïve, curious look.

 

Slowly, a silly, lively smile crept to her features as she looked at his eyes. He could imagine her laughing at his senseless jokes as they stroll down the old, narrow streets of the district where they’ll spend their lives.

 

“Ah we’re late!” a woman walked past him with her husband. She seemed to have dazed as well. She glanced at her watch then stood up. Her backpack was next to her on the floor. She picked it up and left the restaurant.

 

It had only been ten seconds. Those ten seconds changed his life.

 

---

 

He glanced over at the seats. Her mother was trying to suppress her crying. He could only imagine how she felt. Perhaps he’d come to feel the same one day. Perhaps, he’d walk his own little girl down the aisle one day, giving her to the one she fell for.

 

Their daughter would look unconditionally fascinating on her wedding day. He could imagine she’d captivate him, just like her mother.

 

“I vow to relish in your breathtaking beauty as we grow old together”

 

419 days ago

 

They were sitting on a bench. Her head was resting against his arm, enjoying his loving hold. This was his plans for the afternoon. It was nothing elaborated, and she absolutely loved it.

 

She watched the pedestrian. Three women passed by them, one of which was staring at him. Her stare slowly turned to a smile, and then a playful giggle. He seemed to be smiling back at her. She couldn’t believe it!

 

“Yahhh!”  She slapped his arm as she faced him, abandoning his hold.

 

“What? What happened?”

 

“You were flirting with her! And right in front of me!” she glared at him as she picked up her purse and stood up, walking away from him. He barely had time to figure anything out before running after her.

 

He tried to hold her wrist but she freed it. He captured her in an embrace instead. He rested against her neck and lowered his arms to hug her waist. Her lips slightly parted when he kissed her neck.

 

“I wasn’t flirting with her. I have you” she was astonished by the intensity of his voice. She could feel a chill going against her body, even though it was a summer day. “I could never want anyone else”

 

“She was quite beautiful” she whispered and he chuckled.

 

“Anyone near as beautiful as you are would have to be an alien. I really don’t want to date an alien” she giggled at his reply. She spun around and attempted to kiss his cheek. It was greeted with his lips instead.

---

She called him two days before the wedding to ask if she should get a veil. After a very prolonged conversation over the phone, they agreed she should get one. As he stared at her that very moment, in her striking dress and graceful veil, he knew they made the right conclusion.

 

“To always be on your side, supporting every decision you take”

 

380 days ago

 

“We’ve been here for an hour baby. Will you please make up your mind?” he sighed as she still stared at the menu in hesitation.

 

“I like cheese cake” she pondered.

 

“Then I’ll order one”

 

“But the triple chocolate cake sound delicious oppa” she crooked her head. “But I really do like the red velvet cake” he sighed again. She was a major devotee of sweets. Sadly, she didn’t have a favourite.

 

“Ah whatever! I’ll just have the red velvet cake” she took a deep breath as she told him. The waiters seemed relieved when he finally raised his hand to order. He asked for red velvet for her and triple chocolate for himself.

 

He took her hand and listened as she talked about every little insignificant topic. He was the quiet type, that’s why he preferred to delight in her sharing everything on her mind.

 

“Don’t you just love that moment when the waiter carrying your order appears across the horizon? It’s so thrilling”

 

“Across the horizon?” he chuckled. That must be one big restaurant.

 

The plates were served. He held the fork and knife and was about to cut the cake when he looked up. The look on her face was familiar, he was sure he saw it somewhere. It was probably last night as they were watching animal planet. The leopard was staring like that before jumping its prey.

 

He cut into the cake, carefully observing her face. Her lips parted and she gulp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter