I

Who Are You

Kris is known in EXO for his cold and snobby image.

 

His deep stare could bring chills to anyone who would actually see it, but it could also make thousand fangirls swoon right at the moment. He rarely smile during interviews and fan meetings but he still make sure to give his fans the fan service they deserve.

 

Many have said that it is just his way to capture attention from people but in reality, as much as he hates to admit it, he just doesn’t know how to smile.

 

Yep, you heard it right. Even though he’s happy as hell, his face would still be that poker face expression everyone used to seeing. s and some people close to him were the only ones to identify and recognize what Kris is actually feeling at the moment.

 

 

“Kris-hyung, you’re frowning again. Just smile for once,” Chanyeol whispered. The guys were having their album cover shoot.

 

Kris just rolled his eyes but still tried to stretch his face mucsles, “Like this?” he said facing the younger guy.

 

“Pfft. What is that? Are you trying to poop or something, hyung? Pffft---hahaha” Chanyeol commented earning a smack in the head courtesy of Kris.

 

“Hahaha sorry, hyung. It’s just that—it’s just that you’re so funny. Hahaha I should have taken a picture hahaha” the younger guy teased.

 

“Whatever” Kris hissed.

 

“Omo, hyung. You should do that often. Omo. Hahahaha” Chanyeol just continued to laugh while caressing his aching stomach.

 

“Aish, you doby” Kris frowned and sighed as he thought to himself, why is it too hard to smile? Ugh.

 

 

The photo shoot lasted for 6 long hours and Kris isn’t amused. He slept late last night because of watching too much YouTube videos and he longed to get home as soon as possible. No, not to sleep but to watch videos more.

 

 

“Manager-hyung. Can we go home now?” he told the man who is busy controlling the chaos that’s happening in front of him which is also known as s.

 

“Okay, guys. Stop playing now. Our ice prince wants to go home already,” his manager teased earning a round of laughter from the guys.

 

“Kris-hyung is tired because he re-watched 2NE1TV last night,” Baekhyun blurted out then immediately did a peace sign when Kris glared at him.

 

“Woah, hardcore blackjack spotted!” the childish Sehun cheered.

 

“Aish, that’s why…” said their manager nonchalantly. “You’re hopeless, Kris. You fanboy too much. Better step up your game,” then patted Kris shoulders meaningfully.

 

“Exactly!” Tao butted in. “Kris, there are so many fanboys of her out there, you might not notice that one day she’s no longer available. Chincha, we’ll all support you when you decided to court her” he sincerely conveyed to his friend which was agreed by the rest of the guys who just nodded.

 

 

“What are you guys on about? I just wanted to go home,” Kris sighed and turned his back getting ready to leave.

 

 

“And I am not courting her, alright? I’m already satisfied watching her do well with her group and with her solo activities. I know she would not want to date me cause you see, I can’t even say a normal joke. I couldn’t even smile decently. It would just be a big bore if we go out. How am I going to make her happy then?” His poker face turned into a deep frown.

 

 

He faced his friends again, “And I think… I think she and Jiyong-sunbaenim are already in a relationship…” then he left.

 

 

“Oh my God, d-did he—“ Suho

“Did he just—“ Xiumin

“Yes, hyung. He, h-he—“ Chen

 

The 3 guys stuttered while the others, including their manager, just stood there rigidly with their mouth open. Because for the first time in their 5 years of being together as trainees and as EXO…

 

Kris perfected a smile.

 

A smile that could have made them burst in laughter and happiness but no, that smile is the saddest one the guys have ever seen.

 

-------

 

It was a goddamn hot afternoon when they decided to go home and worse, they were stuck on the middle of the traffic. Kris felt lightheaded and wanted to vomit.  Aish, why am I so unlucky today?

 

After they got on their van earlier, s slept right away. Maybe, they’re just tired. But Kris knows well that s were just giving him a quiet time, after that monologue he did a while ago, s understood that they better not talk about it for the meantime.

 

He put on his dark-shaded eyeglasses and leaned on the window. Wow, I wish I could sleep too but it’s so freaking hot! He just then looked outside and directed his gaze to the car next to theirs. It’s a black van and with untainted windows just like theirs.

 

He saw a girl in a shark-designed hoodie wearing a mask and sunglasses whose head is also leaning against the window.

 

He furrowed his brows, the girl looks painfully familiar. I think I saw her before but im not sure where. On the tv? Commercial model or something? Or maybe she’s a fan I met in the airport or fan meeting? He stared closely and adjusted his seat to take a better look of her. Who are you? he whispered with furrowed brows not breaking his gaze to the familiar lady.

 

“Hey, creep! Stop staring!”

 

Kris flinched and immediately looked forward feigning innocence. Damn! He was so immersed on figuring out who the girl looks like that he didn’t notice she got her iPad and wrote at it.

 

“I already saw you gawking at me,” the girl wrote again and flashed the iPad on her window.

 

Kris pouted a little and also got his iPad and wrote, “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to be rude though, you were just so familiar.” He let her read it, his face being apologetic as he tried so hard to show his frown to the girl.

 

“Nah. It’s okay,” the girl replied.

 

Kris sighed in relief. He had much stress for the day and a rant from a stranger would not be pleasing at the moment. Maybe I can talk to her? It’s not that we’re talking personally… and I’m bored. Maybe she is too. He reasoned with himself.

 

“Have we met before?” Kris wrote.

 

“I don’t think so… But I know you. :)

 

Kris excitedly typed, “Oh, you know me? How? I knew it! We know each other!”

 

The girl laughed. Even if she’s wearing her mask and their cars’ distance is not that close, her faint laugh could still be heard by him. That laugh is so familiar too. Aish.

 

“Hahaha. Aniyo. I mean, I know you because you are Kris. Who wouldn’t know the famous ‘ice prince’ of EXO?” and she continued to laugh. “Ahhh... You’re so funny. I know it way before that you’re not that snobby.

 

Kris felt his heart skipped a beat after reading the girl’s reply. He suddenly felt nervous and excited at the same time. Wow. It can’t be love at first sight, right? He asked himself while shaking his head. It can’t be, I already love somebody else.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Nah. You don’t need to know who I am.” She got something from the backseat and returned to the window while waving an EXO banner. “But I’m a fan of EXO though. EXO-oppas, jjang! :D :D :D”

 

He's bored and talking to a stranger might make his day so he decided to let it be.

 

“Who’s your favorite member?” Kris pried. Ha. I’m not expecting it’s me.

 

“Hmmm. He’s tall.”

 

“Definitely not D.O, Suho, Chen, and Xiumin-hyung” Kris typed and smirked.

 

“You’re so mean. Haha”

 

“Nah. I’m just being honest :) Tell me more”

 

“Well, Mr. Honest... He is cute.”

 

“What? How can girls tell that a guy is cute? Does he have to have a face like a girl?” Kris innocently ask. He furrowed his brows when the girl he’s conversing with wiped her eyes under her sunglasses. “Wait. Are you crying? Did I say something wrong?” He worriedly flashed his iPad against the window.

 

 

“HAHAHA. Oh my God. HAHAHAHA”

 

And there she goes again, laughing so loudly at Kris. “Eh?” was all could Kris type. Aish. She just tore up because of too much crying. What a dork. He thought.

 

“I’m so sorry for laughing. ^_^V” The girl adjusted her snapback. “Yeah. You’re right, a guy can’t be cute. I guess, I would then describe him as charming?”

 

“Charming? Hmm. Not Lay. No, not also Kai and Tao”

 

“And how could you say that they’re not?”

 

“They’re so annoying. If I’m a girl, I wouldn’t date them.” He typed and just shrug.

 

Both of them jolted on their seats when their cars moved a little. The heavy traffic seems to lighten a little bit now. But Kris didn’t want it to move though. He’s enjoying their little conversation with this stranger.

 

“He raps,” the girl flashed his iPad again.

 

“So, it’s not Baekyun and Luhan, right?”

 

“Yep and he’s older than Sehun XD”

 

Kris was confused. Older than Sehun? So it isn’t Sehun? Yah! Kris, of course it’s not Sehun. Sehun older than Sehun? Are you nuts, Kris? He face palmed himself after.

 

“Wow. You like Chanyeol? That Doby? Nice choice! :)”

 

Exo’s van moved forward a bit so Kris wasn’t able to read what the girl has written on her iPad. So she’s a Chanyeol fan girl. I see. He smiled bitterly at himself… there’s something in him that got disappointed. Maybe girls doesn’t find him likeable enough.

 

He noticed that the girl’s van has keep up with their car. He immediately read the words that the girl has typed.

 

“You get more charming when you smile often. Please smile more :)”

 

Kris furrowed his brows and was about to type something when the girl shake her head, telling him not to… not yet.

 

“And you know, Chanyeol isn’t the only one who raps beautifully in EXO, right? There’s Kris too.” And surprisingly, the girl removed her mask and smiled at him. A smile that can melt a guy’s heart in just a second.

 

Kris had his mouth open. I know that smile. I know that smile very well. Could she be—could she be her?

 

The traffic was now gone and both of their vans slowly accelerated their speed. Exo’s van was moving ahead. Kris hurriedly typed something and went to the back. He flashed his iPad at the window not caring if he disturbed his sleeping friends.

 

“Who are you?” Kris anticipated as the girl bowed down and type her reply.

 

“It’s for me to know and for you to find out… But please know that I like you. I really like you a lot. ♡” The girl relied and smiled again.

 

 

Kris didn’t know how to react as his heart did a series of somersaults on its own. He was about to type something when he saw that the girl’s van turned into the other side of the street.

 

Wow. That was… He unconsciously grinned. Who could she be? But her smile… he remembered then just deeply sighed.

 

 

-----

 

 

It has been two weeks since that traffic conversation happened. But not a single day did Kris forgot about it. He told his friends what happened and what they talked about but just got teased by it. The boys noticed that Kris smiled often, even though the smile is not that big, they can really see that Kris tries hard to follow that girl’s advice... “Please smile often.”

 

“Really, hyung. I wished I could meet that girl on the road you were talking about. Because of her, you can smile without looking like you have to poop,” Chanyeol loudly said earning a fit of laughter from all s.

 

One more teasing, Yeol and I’ll take that 2NE1 poster on your room and buried it on the ground,” he retorted but not seriously.

 

“Ha! You’re a fanboy yourself so you can’t do that. Nyeh nyeh,” the younger guy teased more.

 

“Fine. Just shut up okay?” then he ruffled Chanyeol’s hair.

 

They are having a pre-recording today on SBS Inkigayo studio for their comeback stage solo, Overdose. As they were packed and getting ready on the backstage, Kris suddenly had the urge to go to the rest room.

 

“I’ll just use the toilet,” he said to his manager which was responded by a nod.

 

As he was walking through the lobby, he heard a very familiar laugh. He immediately followed where the voice was coming from and faced a door with a sign “2NE1 DRESSING ROOM” and smiled to himself. I knew it was her voice.

 

But his smile faded as soon as he realized that their groups would promote together and they would be sharing the same stage later. Ugh. Why did I haven’t thought about that earlier? I should have worn better outfit. He scolded his self and frowned. But I think, whatever I wear, she would not still notice me and—

 

“Oh!!” the door suddenly flung open and a petite girl bumped into him causing the two to fall down on the floor. And boy did they look so awkward in that position.

 

“Uhm, s-sorry…” Dara softly said as she slowly stood up.

 

She offered her hand to Kris so that he could easily get up. But the guy was just too shocked to process a new action. His eyes widen as he realized that the girl in front of him, also known as Dara, is real and moving and talking to him.

 

He stretched out his arm and pointed at Dara as he stuttered, “Y-you’re n-not a Y-youtube v-video, r-right? No-noon-noona?”

 

A burst of thunderous laughter erupted in the hallway as the people who gathered around him heard what he just stupidly said. He scanned around and saw the rest of 2NE1; Chaerin, Bom, and Minzy, laughing their hearts out at his moronic comment. His friends were also there giggling and taking pictures of him still lying on the floor. He knows too well that the guys would make fun of him later. His manager was also at the side, face palming himself.

 

 

“I’m real. Here, just… just stand up first.” Dara said and helped him up, holding Kris hand tightly.

 

 

Kris’ heart pounded very loudly against his chest. The butterflies on his stomach were too much that he wanted to shout because of too much feels and happiness.

 

 

He faced Dara and bowed, “I’m very sorry for bumping on you, D-Dara noona.” He noticed that the girl’s hand is slightly shaking and sweating. He then remembered an episode on 2NE1tv showing Dara’s habit of sweating when she’s extremely nervous… especially when she faced a guy she likes.

 

Nah. It’s impossible. That must’ve been water in her hands. He tought.

 

“It’s okay, Kris-ssi. Really, I’m fine. How about you? Are you hurt somewhere?”

 

“A-aniyo.. I’m fine too, noona.” And then Kris smiled sweetly at Dara, showing his killer gummy smile.

 

Dara froze. What the jadgaksfdlsajf;sd;gfsdkfahfdlhaldfalshflashf!!! She breathed heavily to control her feelings. Ugh! I shouldn’t have went out if I knew Kris was there. This kid! He doesn’t know his killing me with his presence. OMG my fan girl self is showing, I need to stop! She awkwardly smiled and try to search for an excuse to leave the scene, “O-okay... I’ll go back inside. I left my iPa—“

 

“Here’s you’re iPad, Darong.” Bommie handed Dara her white iPad with pink and yellow casing. Bom grinned and waited for a wonderful thing to happen.

 

Dara told them what happened 2 weeks ago, that he was able to talk to Kris without the guy knowing it. And Bommie also know how in love Dara is. So much in love that she secretly went to EXO’s concert and cheered firsthand for the love of her life – Kris.

 

“That’s your iPad?” Kris asked.

 

Dara immediately hid the gadget and smiled awkwardly, “No-nope. It’s CL’s”

 

“Here’s mine, unnie” Chaerin showed hers and smirked.

 

“Ha ha ha.. I mean, it’s Mingkki's. Right, maknae?” Dara faced Minzy and glared at her.

 

“Yes, that’s—“ Chaerin elbowed the innocent Mingkki and handed her her iPad, “Oh, here’s mine though” the maknae said and smiled apologetically toher unnie.

 

Dara gulped. Oh my god, I am so done now. Please go away now. Huhu. She mentally prayed.

 

“Please, tell me the thruth.” Kris stepped forward and eyed Dara closely which the latter stepped backward and bowed her head. “Are you the girl on the road? Please answer me, noona” his deep but soft voice send chills to Dara.

 

 

“I—yes, that’s m-me… I’m—“

 

 

Dara wasn’t able to finish her trance as Kris hugged her tightly. She just stood there not being able to grasp the moment, “Is this for real?” she whispered.

 

 

The people around them were surprised and stayed silent.

 

 

“Noona, I like you too.. a lot. A-aniyo, I don’t just like you… I love you. I’ve been loving you since God knows when.. I’m sorry I didn’t have the guts too—“

 

“I love you too, Kris.”

 

“W-what?”

 

“I said, I love you.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, really.”

 

"You and GD-sunbae..."

 

"We had our momnet, but we already moved on."

 

"REALLY?"

 

"Yep"

 

And they both just smiled at each other, happily stared at each other's eyes with love before sharing a kiss. Just a quick kiss but full of adoration for each other. The boys and girls around them cheered for their friends who had found love at the much unexpected place and time.

 

 

 

 

-----

aigoo. sorry for this crap. please leave some comments x_x