Final

Friend's Code

 

 

It's been awhile since the day I started hanging with these guys. It's funny thou, because they were my elementary enemies. They've bullied me for many times before, but it all changed when we entered highschool, going in the same school. I was a total outcast back then, I would always hear stupid or nonsense feedbacks about me. But I didn't care, because I know all this will be just a memory to me.

I thought my highschool year was the most devasting time of my life, but not when these guys came and talked to me. Jimin and Kai. I wonder why. I barely have real friends because they said I was the slightest , I didn't know where that news came from because I never hang out with boys, neither hang out with girls.

 


 

 "Yah! Jung Irra! You're day dreaming again!" Mr. Na exclaimed and eyed the girl, who was currently staring into space. The girl didn't even budge. Her seatmate, Lee Debbie, was the one who poked her arm and broke her trance. "Ne?" Irra asked dreamily.

Debbie protruded her lips, directing to their teacher. Irra shot up from her seat when she saw the face of Mr. Na, looking pissed. "Sorry! Seongsaenim!" She bowed and sat again.

"What were you thinking just now?" He asked and crossed his arms. "I know I'm such a hottie, so please stop undressing me in your mind!" He joked, causing the whole class to laugh.

Irra gagged at him and mentally rolled her eyes.

 

 


 

 

"So.. I'm confessing to her later today."

"What? I never thought you have a thing for her."

"Well, I just realized it before you realized yours."

"What the heck?"

 


 

 

Irra packed her things and stuffed it inside her bagpack, it was a tiring day for her. The school year will ends in two weeks time now. Graduating students were bombarded with work and requirements to pass. She heaved a sigh and sling her bagpack. Making her way to the school lobby.

"Irra!" She heard her name, and turned around to see who called her.

"Kai! Were you waiting for me?" She asked and wait for him as he walk closer to her direction. "Where's Jimin by the way?" Kai didn't answer her, instead he grasp her wrist and dragged her going to the back of the school. "What's happening?" Kai looked annoyed, he was never like this, especially towards Irra. He was bubbly and likes to joke around, he was a complete epitome of perfection but his character says otherwise because he was a total derp.

Different goes for Jimin, who was a lot charismatic than Kai. He wasn't the type to joke but he was more like to laugh a lot when Kai jokes around. Hearing Jimin laughs makes you to laugh even more when it fact the joke had already run down.

Kai stopped his tracks and so is Irra. "Can you go out with me? I mean. I wanted to drink bubbletea." He whined cutely.

Irra formed an 'o' mouth and nodded. "Then why are we hear at the back of the school? Instead of heading out of here?" She asked and continued walking anyway.

"Because I think it's a lot easier to head this way." He retorted with a grin.

 

 

 

 

They both sat at the high table near the window. They stay quiet for more like two minutes and enjoyed their drinks. "I have a question." Kai stated. Irra hummed in response. "What if.." He paused and looked at her side view. "What if, your close friend, confesses to you?" He asked.

Irra think for a while before answering. "I dunno? Never encountered such things." She shrugged and sipped her bubbletea.

"What if! What would you do?" He asked, quite annoyed, not getting the answer he wanted to hear.

"I don't know because, you see, only you and Jimin are my boy friends and I... Dunno. You tell me?" She retorted back not knowing where their conversation's heading.

"Aish. Forget about it. Just finish your drink so we can go home already." He muttered, quite annoyed by the fact that she was so dense. Not realizing that he was trying to confess to her.

 

Next day...

 

Irra came early at school. She was quite astonished that she saw Jimin on his seat, staring at the window. She walked silently going to his direction. "Boo!" She said and poked both his side waist. Jimin squint his eyes and looked at her, not showing the slightest shock. "Oh. C'mon! You should've shown me you were shocked." She whined and dropped her bag on her seat.

"You do know that I saw your walking reflection, right?" He mocked and pointed at the window.

"Not fair! You're no fun!" She whined and crossed her arms on her chest, directing her attention to the board.

"Boo!"

"What the heck!" She shouted.

Jimin laughed and pointed at her shocked face. "I'm no fun Irra. But you are!" He laughed hardly. Irra rolled her eyes and stucked her tongue out to him. "Do you have any plan later today?" He asked when his laugh dried down.

"Why?"

"Wanna catch a late movie?"

"Don't like, you're no fun." She answered and smiled mischievously. She shifted on her seat as their room got packed with their classmates, any minute now and their class will start. Their morning classes went by with a fast blurr. It was already lunch time, but Irra decided to spend her time doing her project clearance. She bid her goodbyes to Kai and Jimin and made her way to the library.

 

 

Jimin walked along side with Kai, going to the cafeteria. The girls watched them and squeal from time to time as the two boy made their way to their usual table. They weren't the snob type, but they never really liked too much attention and the squealing voice of the girls, making their ears perk in irritation.

"How was your confession yesterday?" Kai questioned Jimin. Hiding his mischievous grin.

"I didn't saw her yesterday at the school gate." He answered plainly, disappointment visible on his face.

"Jimin, I would confess to her today." Kai said with a shrugged, putting up a cool facade. Jimin eyes widen by his sudden confession. He knew all along that Kai had a thing for her, Kai was just so oblivious to know this for his own. In cue, Jimin stand up and picked up his mogu drink.

 

He made his way to the library, searching for her. He saw her sitting at the middle of the wide discussion area. He fastened his phase and stopped in front of her table. He slammed the mogu drink and tuna vegetable sandwich at the side of her book. Irra looked at him with quizzical eyes. "I figured, you must've been hungry with all the studying." He said and sat across her.

"Yah! What did you to the real Jimin?" She raised her voice at him. The librarian ring her bell and signalled her to be quiet.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"The real Jimin won't care if I starve to death!" She reasoned out.

Jimin picked up a few papers and slammed it on her head. "Aish! Just eat it. I put some poison there." He joked. But nevertheless Irra opened the wrap of the sandwich, "I should've known." and took a bite.

"You could beat me and be the new candidate for valedictorian." He said. For this past few weeks, Irra had been working her out to meet all the school requirements, but she never dreamt to be the school valedictorian because the title suits Jimin the most, knowing he had worked and studied a lot to be that deserving.

A loud slammed resonated from their table when Kai slammed both his hands on the table, reason for the two to perk their heads up. "Kai!!" She whispered. "Library!!" She whined lowly. He threw a peace sign at the people who was eyeing them and grinned slyly. Causing for them to look away because he was way too cute to handle. "Hey. Jimin and I are watching movie later, wanna come?" She asked Kai as he sat beside her.

Kai looked at Jimin suspiciously, he mentally grinned, realizing that he was planning to confess to her after watching a movie.

"Count me in." He said.

"Oh NO you can't." Jimin suddenly exclaimed. "Like N.O."

"Huh?" Irra questioned. "Why?"

"Because, I only have two ticket pass. Me and You." He said. He don't want Kai to be there when he confess to you later on, AND knowing that Kai wanted to confess too. Maybe Kai wanted to sabotage Jimin's confession.

"I can just buy a ticket for myself." He retorted and smiled.

"You can't, because it's a week long resevation." Jimin laughed whole-heartedly. Irra was so oblivious that the two guy wanted to have some time alone with her, they were her friends so she never really cared about it. It's understandable that your friend wanted to spend time with you.

"Okay. Just count me out, then." He said and walked away from them.

"What's his problem? Wasn't able to come and acted all grumpy." She asked and raised her brow, watching the retreating figure of Kai.

"I dunno." Jimin said nonchalantly.

 

 


 

 

 Jimin shifted on his seat for the umpteenth time. They were already inside the movie house and he can't focused on the movie because he keep on thinking of how he would confess to her. I like you! *Kiss* Over-rated. You belong with me. *Hug* Too cheesy. We'll make a cool couple. Too fierce. He thought all of that. Aish. How do you confess?

The movie came to an end and even a slight clue, he never have of any to confess. Maybe I'll pass. He thought. He was quiet the whole time as he walk her to the bus stop.

 

 


 

 "So. Let's have a deal?"

"What deal?"

"Let's ask her to meet up with as at the same day and time. It's up to us how we can make her choose where to go. Deal?"

"Deal!

 


 

 It was weekend and Irra didn't have anything else to do except to watch her favorite drama. She was focused on the drama when she felt her phone vibrated. She looked at the caller's ID and pressed the green button.

 

12:51 pm

 

Hello.

...

Yeah. Sure.

...

2 o'clock?

...

 

Since she only have one hour to prepare, she didn't waste any minute and stormed going to the bathroom to take a shower.

After minutes of preparing, she put on her beannie and doll shoes and left her house. She was a few steps away from the said meeting place when her phone vibrated again.

 

1:45 pm

 

Hello.

...

You're what?

...

Sick?

...

Porridge? Hmmkay.

...

Don't go anywhere. I'll go there.

 

 

"Aissssh!!" She said in exasperation. What should she do? She stuck between taking care of him and eating with the other. She held her phone and sighed.

 

Min! Where are you? I hope you're not yet at the meeting place. Kai's sick, I'm going to bring him some porridge. Sorry.

 

She tucked her phone inside her bag and hail a cab. Jimin sat at the table as he watch her hail a cab. Now, he knows who's more important to her, Kai.

 

Oh. I was still on my way. Okay. Tell him to get well soon.

 

 

He replies and left the store.

Kai can be that childish sometime, he knew very well that if he told her he's sick, she'll definitely choose to go to him and bring him something to eat knowing her that she knows how it feels to know that there wasn't someone to take care of you. Kai's living alone in his little apartment.

The catch? He wasn't sick, but he was able to make himself one. He tucked a small garlic under his underarm, making his body heat rise.

Irra came rushing to his room, a bowl of porridge in a plastic in her right hand. She stretched her arm and reached to feel his heat. "You're effin' hot! What did you do?" She asked worriedly.

This bastard, he will feel her wrath if she found out that he was just faking it. "I came home last night, feeling uneasy." He lied.

"Should I bring you to the hospital?" She asked and fixed the blanket that was draped all over him.

"Just feed me." He whined like a little child.

 

 


 

"Irra! I like you!" Jimin said it out loud for her to hear it clearly and for him not to repeat it.

Irra was completely shocked by his sudden outburst. Never in her life realized that Jimin has a crush on her especially when he treats her just like a sister. "Jimin, I didn't know." She muttered under her breath, not knowing what to say.

Jimin frowned at her reaction. He had been showing how he feel but she was just so... "Because you're dense." He said and left her hanging.

 


 

"I was shock when he told me he likes me. What's up wit-" She ranted but was soon cut off.

"I like you, too." He whispered but she heard it clearly. Her eyes widen is shocked. How many times does she have to hear a confession in just one day?

"What?" She asked dumbfoundedly and stands up from her seat. "What the hell? Were you too playing a trick on me? Because it's totally not funny." She said irately, not liking the two's sudden confession. Doesn't they know the so-called "Friend's Code: To not hit on your close friend."?

"Because you were too dense to know how we feel towards you." He answered with a slump.

 


 

They told her the same thing, that she was too dense to realize their feelings. Were they being serious? She thought. It was already passed 3am but she was still wide awake. How can she face her friends, when they both confessed to her. She doesn't want to develope any awkward feelings with them because they are her only real friends and she doesn't want to graduate keeping a distance between the two.

The next day, she decided not to go to school because she wasn't ready to face the two, yet. She felt guilty that she needed to reject them. How can they developed such feelings for her, when she didn't felt any. Just a brotherly love for the two. She knows very well about that falling for a friend will just lead you to something not good.

Then she thought of a bright idea!

 


 

Greenfield. 5:30pm. Don't wanna wait.

 

Send!

 

 

Both boys came at the same place at the exact time. They both saw her, sitting at the field, both her arms supporting her at the back. Jimin and Kai decided to seat either at her sides. She looked at her left and smiled, her right and smiled. "Old times, Isn't it?" She asked, referring to the times when they would watch together as the sun set and the moon will conquer the sky. "Look." She paused, sitting properly. "Both of you are very important to me. And I don't want to lose one because I'm choosing the other. And I wanted to say sorry because I never thought you'd developed such things for me. And.. I'm not choosing anyone. So you two better snap out of your daze. I love you both. You know that, right?" She asked and looked at Kai who wasn't looking at her but at the grass. Jimin, who was sincerely looking at her.

Jimin and Kai looked at each other and looked at her. They nodded in understanding. They both realized that they can't afford to gain a girlfriend but lose a friend at the same time. Jimin smiled sheepishly at Kai and wiggled his eyebrow. Kai understand his secret code and grinned. In one swift moment they both tackled her to the ground, tickling her to death. "Oh. S-stop. Can't breathe-e." She stuttered. All of them fell on their back while panting and watch the sun set. She raised both of her pinky fingers. "Friend's code?" She asked.

Jimin and Kai raised their pinky finger and interlaced it with her's

 

"Lover's code."

 



 

 

FIN.