Chapter 42

Plan 932X: Overdosed Voodoo Doll

Chapter 42 

 


 

Red roses?

Heart shaped chocolate boxes?

Air smelling a bit off today?

And people all lovey-dovey today.

Oh, it's that day again, isn't it? 

"So basically, you're just going to hand roses to random ladies down the school hall, hyung?" Jungeun asked as she eyed her brother grabbing the rose stalks he had purchased yesterday. Thankfully, none of them withered. It was weird though. Whenever Jungeun got to keep even one or two rose stalks, it withers within two hours. If it's Sanghyuk, they last for years! "You're a little playboy now, aren't you?" she smirked.

"I'm just being nice." Sanghyuk grins as he slings his bag on his shoulder. "And besides, we are both aware that not all girls at our school gets to receive a rose from someone. And add the fact that I'm from–"

"From VIXX? The highest kingka group of our school? The most respected group of flower boys of the school? Yeah, it'll be an honor for those random girls to receive a rose from VIXX's youngest member."

"But... you're the youngest member, right? You're younger than me by minutes!"

"And who ever told you that I officially agreed to be a member of the kingka group? I'm not a guy to start of with!"

"Then that makes you VIXX's first official female member! The groups' little princess–"

"Let's just go and head to school, a'ight?" Jungeun sighs with a smile as she links arms with her brother, pulling him out of their apartment and walking down the alleys towards their school. With this weird day flashed upon the twins' eyes, Jungeun was definite that this would be another weird day filled with dead-crazy surprises that has seventy percent chances of trying to kill the poor lassie.

 

 

"I will throw up with all this 'love is in the air' slogan everyone's living!" Jungeun complains as she walks with her brother down the hall. Every female was either holding a stalk of rose, a bouquet of the reddest roses, a heart shaped chocolate box, a teddy bear wielding a heart with the sweetest words imprinted on it or maybe their boyfriend's hand. It nearly made Jungeun vomit. She hated all those lovey-dovey moments.

"Oh, grow up, Jung-Jung!" N grinned as he snuck an arm around the junior, pulling her close to him. "It's a part of growing up, don't you see? Love's a nice feeling! You get those butterflies in your stomach, you get to feel your heart skip beats–"

"In other words, being in love is a great feeling." Ken squealed. "Trust me! I've fallen hard for a few ladies already!"

"You always get love stuck to any pretty lady we come across, hyung." Ravi chuckled as he walked beside Hongbin. He held a bouquet of rose with a tag who had the name "Bae Suzy" written on it. As far as Jungeun knew, Bae Suzy is a junior of theirs who is younger than them by a year.Hongbin, on the other side, held a small pinkish envelope sealed by a red stamp. It was probably a letter but not a love letter. It was too simple to be one. On the upper right side, the name "Park Hyoshin" was written in a rather neat penmanship. 

Park Hyoshin is a senior, meaning, he is in the same level N, Leo and Ken are in, just in a different class that is. Hyoshin had always been Hongbin's idol and to be frank, he is one of his fanboys. Well, based on Ken's mostly heard stories, Jungeun could imagine this Hyoshin guy to be a really awesome dude for their angel Hongbin to look up to.

Ken was carrying a box of chocolates and yes, he's giving it to someone. N held three stalks of roses close to his chest while Leo is seen to be wearing a rather new bracelet with his name carved on the metal. At the end of his English written name is a heart. 

"Who're you giving those to, hyung?" Ravi asked as he nudged N before pointing at the roses.

"What? These? Oh, no, I'm not giving them to anyone." N grinned as he side eyes Leo. "I received them!"

"Are you that feminine looking to receive roses from people?" Jungeun rolled her eyes as she walks alongside Sanghyuk, who was immensely listening to their stories. "Talk about lowering a true lady's self-esteem!"

"Be very jealous indeed!" the tanned leader giggled as he wrapped his arms around Leo. "This adorable lion gave these to me as a Valentine's Day gift! Isn't he such a sweet heart? I'd marry him if I were to be a girl, I must say–"

"If you were to be a girl, I'd divorce you the day after." Leo breathes out as he struggles underneath his best friend's embrace. "And to be correct things, you forced me to buy those for you, N."

"Aw, don't deny things, Leo! You bought these for me because you love me!"

"Says who?"

"Jung Leo–!"

Everyone knew the truth. Leo always found himself expressing his real emotions hard. Based on N's words and actions, it seems that Leo actually did buy his best friend three roses for some reason, or perhaps for Valentine's Day. The bracelet must be from N. Who else would bother to personalize a metallic bracelet and give it to him on Valentine's Day? Definitely N, who'd give Leo the best of the best. 

"Leo must've gave N those roses as a 'thank you' gift instead!" Ken exclaimed as he nudges Leo. "You gave him that to convey your gratitude of having him take care of you at the hospital, am I correct?"

"Just shut up, Jaehwan."

"Okay, shutting up..."

Jungeun still couldn't take her attention away from the chocolate box Ken was carrying along. Who on earth would have captured Ken's heart? He never talked about his love life in the first place. She wouldn't want to ask N now, would she? It might lead to misunderstandings... and hardcore teases and blackmails. Ken never brought up such topic neither. If N were to know, he would've teased the poor guy endless, right? 

... Who captured Ken's heart?

 

 

"Jungeun! Happy Valentine's Day!"

"Hi, miss Jungeun. Happy Valentine's Day."

"Ice Princess, I convey my growing infatuation to you with these!"

"Accept my feelings and return them positively, Ice Princess!"

Jungeun was nearly as tired as she is whenever she stays up for a day and a half with zero sleep. She wanted to go home, lock herself up in her room and snuggle underneath her warm blanket. Or perhaps, she'd appreciate watching some sick drama or some clichè movie with Sanghyuk. She just wanted to go home, away from all these lovey-dovey scenario.

Her desk was nearly piled up by bouquets of the reddest roses, boxes of chocolates, pink envelopes, enormous and fluffy teddy bears and more. In a nutshell, she received lots of Valentine's Day gifts from her courters. Jackson, Jungkook and more males that has small feelings towards her sent her their own gifts. Some were juniors, some were of the same level she is in and the rest were perhaps seniors. She didn't care though... well, except for the chocolates sent to her. She loved them greatly.

"You're sharing that with me, right?" Sanghyuk pops from the side of her desk with puppy-like eyes shimmering with the sunlight. Jungeun could only snicker as she saw her twin brother and with no words, she happily nodded, which made Sanghyuk smile from ear to ear. "You're the best sister ever!" he squealed as he embraced his beloved twin. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"You're choking me–"

"I don't care! I love you, Han Jungeun, you pretty woman, you–!"

"Hyung, air! I need air–"

Jungeun was sure that her courters were rather growing jealous over his brother, being capable of hugging her and having not-so-awkward skinship with her. What else, he's the only one who could freely communicate with her sister without earning some death threats or those deadly eyes of hers. Perhaps a twin thing everyone was jealous of. "So, have you received some gifts from your ladies?" Jungeun asks as she averts her eyes on her brother, who nods.

"Lots sent me letters, stuff toys, accessories and some other stuff." Sanghyuk pouts. "But few chocolates. The others don't even taste like chocolates!"

"That's why I'm sharing mine with you. I wouldn't want to get fat now, would I? Not like you."

Showing public display of sibling love isn't something they'd be awkward to do as of now. Besides, some people were doing more embarrassing things outside and inside the rooms. It is Valentine's Day today so they'd expect some things that aren't usually done in the normal school days. Kissing on cheeks, hands, lips, and more intense couple doings. It disgusted both twins. 

The guys and Jungeun paced around school quite better than expected.

Aside from the fact that VIXX had been too occupied with ladies giving them gifts, letters and so. She heard that Ravi successfully gave the bouquet to this Suzy girl and Hongbin was even given a chance to have lunch with his senior idol, Park Hyoshin. Jungeun could only snicker secretly as she tried to imagine Hongbin trying to contain his joy.

N's probably doing some skinship with Leo, as per usual... and Leo would be continuously pushing him away–

"Jung-Jung!" the twins hear Ken's voice echo from the halls. He was standing outside their classroom, waving his hand happily. Sanghyuk headed towards him while Jungeun followed close by, curious on what the senior has to tell that he even bothered to walk to their room. "Hey, I've brought good news!"

"What?" Jungeun replied rather coldly. 

"I've given my gift to her!"

"If you'd tell us who this lady is, it'll be much better, hyung." Sanghyuk pouts as he leans on the doorway. "Come on, nothing'll come out! You can tell us freely."

A light blush crosses Ken's cheeks as he averts his eyes away, a rather soft giggle escaping those lips. "I don't wanna~ I'm too shy to tell her name."

"Oh, come on!"

"I promise! You'll learn it soon enough!" Ken grinned widely. "I swear, you'll learn her identity sooner or later."

"You best be sure of that or I'm slitting your thin neck, Lee Ken." Jungeun threatened, narrowing her eyes as she crossed her arms. She rather saw Ken smile awkwardly as he fiddled with his fingers. He's always been acting weird, especially around Jungeun herself.

Or maybe that's just how Ken acts around ladies? 

Nah, Ken acts the same around people. Well, he does act a bit more special towards their beloved Jungeun. He acts like a big brother, more mature than Sanghyuk can be– no. He "seems" to act like a big brother image to Jungeun and the rest of the juniors and so... but something was off.

She had a sick feeling of who this lady Ken has a slight infatuation to.

 

 

Dismissal came rather earlier than expected.  Of course, outside waited Lay and the rest of Kris' group members, smiles patched on their faces. The frequently seen clueless Chinese guy named Lay patiently waited outside the school grounds, only to hold a stalk of rose. Seemed simple, right? The only thing that made the rose stalk special was the pink ribbon tied around it, just for a bit more points in the creativity and effort, right? 

And being closer than they were before, Jungeun handles this one rather easily. For once, she flashed a rather heartfelt smile at Lay and accepted his gift with ease. She didn't become sadistic or what so ever. Well, she is close– extremely close– to Lay now. Refusing him yet again will be a disgrace both as a friend and as a lady who captured her heart, right?

"Yifan!" N calls out to Kris before he throws himself towards the Chinese-Canadian male. "So, what's the special thing you did this Valentine's Day? Gave out any roses or something to anyone perhaps?"

"Gege did nothing but sit inside the library alone, reading books." Tao crossed his arms as he appears out of no where. "Talk about being an anti in love, right?"

"Ah, as expected of you." N laughs. "Come on, Kris, it's about time you get interested with love, you know?"

"Nah." Kris simply shrugged as he flashes a smug grin on his face. "Not interested."

Everyone simply smiles and continues talking. Lay held a small conversation with Jungeun before he turns to join the group with their random chats about whom they've offered gifts this day. Of course, everyone expected Lay to answer "Jungeun" to be the only lady he gave a gift to. Everyone else were unknown. Ken decided to join but not answer any questions that revolved on who he had given his box of chocolate to.  

And as if the Han twins were communicating through some supernatural mind reading technique, they shared the same suspicious thoughts about Ken. He was acting rather mysterious this day. "Who do you think it is?" Jungeun asks as she side eyes her older twin. "Someone of our level?"

"I have a sick feeling it's someone we both know." Sanghyuk clicked his tongue. "And I'm afraid you've got another courter, sis."

"Who? Ken? Impossible."

"Think about it." Sanghyuk began, "He wouldn't say who she is. He acts strange every time he's around you. He acted a lot stranger today around you! When you asked him who she is, he blushed and averted his attention away. I call dibs that it's Ken-hyung."

"I call dibs on ripping your mouth off and having your head knocked back to your senses." Jungeun growled. "It can't be Ken-hyung."

Again, the twins eyes Ken, who managed to catch their secretive looks. "Why're you eyeing me as if I'm some kind of wanted criminal, huh?" the senior questioned as he flashes a cute pout. "Did I do or at least say something weirder than usual?"

The twins shook their heads.

"Come on, Jaehwan! At least drop a little bit of clue on how or who this lady is!" they heard an impatient Xiumin cry out. "It's driving me nuts already."

"I agree." Luhan nods. "Come on, drop a few hints."

"Either hints on how you dropped your gift to her and so." Chen added, scowling as he impatiently tapped his foot on the ground. Defeated, Ken lets out a sigh, indicating that he has no other choice but to spill the beans.

"Fine." he pouts once again as he sways left to right uncontrollably. "I... dropped the box of chocolates... in her locker. With a rose on top of it." he softly says, voice rather broken sounding. "I... left a letter too. B-but it's anonymous so s-she wouldn't know it's me!" 

Everyone made soft "aw" sounds as they saw a bright shade of pink color Ken's face. Instinctively, Ken covers his scarlet tinted face with his hands within a nanosecond of realization. "Ken's really in love!" N squealed. "I never thought you'd ever be interested in love like Kris."

"I thought Ken-hyung would end up being a monk or something." Ravi chuckled as he eyes Ken. "Congrats, hyung!"

"W-why're you congratulating me as if I got married?"

"Because you finally are in love!" Hongbin claps.

All was rejoicing for some shallow reason. Leo was simply dragged by N to rejoice for their dear friend finally having a love life... which was rather something weird and shallow. Jungeun simply clapped along with Sanghyuk paced around, obviously unsettled for some reason. With Kris' suggestion for them to pace around all together around Seoul, the rest of the guys, and lady, follows close.

"Ah, wait." Jungeun suddenly cried out. "Hyung, we have homework in Trigonometry today, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I forgot my notebook." she said. "I'll follow up soon! I'll just get my notebook." she said, sprinting back at the school grounds, still holding the rose Lay had given her.

Eventually, Jungeun was able to return back to school, her main objective to get her Trigonometry notebook. When she failed to see it under her desk, she knew that it might be in two places: Sanghyuk's bag or in her locker. She decides to check her locker first. Of course, she finds it there.

And something else.

Her world seemingly froze as she remembers Ken's words from earlier.

"I dropped the box of chocolates in her locker. With a rose on top of it. I left a letter too but it's anonymous so she wouldn't know it's me."

Jungeun saw the very same box of chocolates Ken was holding earlier that day. There was also a red rose resting above on top of it and a pink envelope sealed by a heart sticker. The only words written on it was her name, written in a rather neat penmanship. She froze for a few seconds, trying to register herself back to her brain. 

She was trying to convince herself that she isn't Ken's "crush".

No.

This is not true. 

Still, she gathered the strength to open the letter and read the words scribbled on it. Her eyes slowly scanned the letter and gulped greedily. For some reason, it seemed like the words didn't make sense for the first time.

"To whom it may concern, specifically, the Ice Princess,"

"This is the only way I can convey my real feelings for you. I can't say it vocally. Too many factors that will affect it. Don't get this letter wrong, I'm not who you think I am. Happy Hearts' Day, Han Jungeun."

"-Anonymous."

Jungeun gulped again. Is Ken really in love with her?

 

 

The sky is painted an orangey color by this time. Dusk was finally taking its official come. The two groups had parted ways. Kris headed to his own residence. Luhan and Xiumin took the same route home. Tao asked Chen and Lay to walk him home since the dark alleys were rather scary to look at.. more if he passes through them. Hongbin and Ravi went on the same street.

Leo, Ken and N decided to walk together.

"You really won't tell me on who you like, Ken?" N pouts as he clings closer to a rather helpless Ken. Again, the latter shakes his head, only to frustrate N more and more. "Come on! What will it take for you to tell me who you like?"

"If you go mute then, yes." Ken giggled. "Kidding! Kidding!"

"Come on, who is it?!"

"No."

For some reason, N's eyes flew at Leo, who was smiling rather too much for this day. "Hey! Jung Leo, what're you smiling for? Perhaps you know something about Ken's love life?! Tell me who it is!"

"I'm innocent." Leo smirked. "I swear, I'm innocent."

"Liar!"

With N stomping away with a rather big tantrum, Leo's reflexes tell him to chase him, which he actually plans on doing. But before so, Leo turns around and smiles at Ken, mouthing something the latter was capable of reading.

"Thanks for your help, Ken." he read Leo's lips say as he saw him flash a rather small, angelic smile. The next thing Ken knew was that Leo was chasing his best friend down the streets. Ken simply smiled at himself as he rubbed his nape, remembering a particular memory of Leo admitting to him that he does have small feelings for Jungeun. 

Yeah, he only helped him convey his feelings to her.

Besides, Ken knew that he writes in a rather unreadable penmaship.


 


[A/N] Leo you freaking adorable romantic piece of asdfghkl.  ヽ(;▽;)ノ

            You guys have no idea on how I've spent nearly days to figure out how to make Leo appear cool and romantic at the same time. eternal sobbing.

           Inspiration brought by Leo's adorable smiles and deadly smirks. s obs more. 
             LEO JUST MARRY JUNGEUN ALREADY!