☾3☽

Catching Glimpses

Jung Eunji - It's You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKyringL75E


"Oppa, promise me that you will not leave me ever. Okay?" Eunji rested her head on Sunggyu's shoulder.

 

The stars in the night sky glowed beautifully like fireflies that are dancing gracefully around them. It was a cool night and all they needed to do was to cuddle to get enough heat to keep themselves warm. Before uttering a reply, Sunggyu slid his arms around Eunji and held her close to his warm body.

 

"I will never ever do that." He whispered softly before planting a kiss on the crown of her head. 

 

<>

 

Sunggyu sighed wistfully after he placed the necklace and his handwritten letter on the small desk just beside his bed. Tears welled up in his eyes, threatening to slip and roll down his cheeks. However, he cajoled himself into holding back his tears in order not to let Eunji see his puffy eyes. He did not want to add anymore to the burden she was struggling with. 

 

Instead, he bit his lower lip and took a big gulp of air to clear his thoughts. He took this as a serendipity. Sooner or later, he knew that he had to let go of her. For her own good. He trudged towards the windowsill and straddled it. There were not enough stars for him to look out, it was even countable. He closed his eyes and prayed that a shooting star would just magically poof in front of his very eyes so that he could make a wish. 

 

In the midst of praying, a subtle voice pulled Sunggyu back from his reverie. 

 

"Excuse me Mr. Kim."

 

Sunggyu turned around and gave the doctor a reassuring smile. He held out his hand for a handshake and the doctor reciprocated. 

 

"Thanks for all the help, Doc." Sunggyu beamed. 

 

Although it was bitter, the doctor still managed to put a smile filled with languor. Afterwards, he pulled Sunggyu in for a hug and rubbed his back.

 

"I will miss you Mr. Kim. You're such a strong man." He said in a dithering voice whilst rubbing Sunggyu's back gently. 

 

"Oh Eunji you're here!" Sunggyu immediately pulled away from the hug when he saw Eunji standing idly at the door step. 

 

Question marks were circling around her head and she was gaping at the both of them. 

 

"It's time." Sunggyu winked at the doctor. 

 

He excused himself and made his way to the door. The doctor took a final glimpse at Sunggyu before leaving for his other appointment with another patient. 

 

Eunji stared at Sunggyu blankly. "What was that about?"

 

"It's nothing." Sunggyu rubbed his nape before gesturing for Eunji to come closer to him. 

 

Eunji shrugged the thought away and skipped happily to Sunggyu, shoving the cup of water in front of his face. However, he refused to drink it. He just was not thirsty, that's all. He got up from his comfortable position and stood up to glower at Eunji.

 

"But I worked so hard to look for the nearest-" 

 

Before Eunji could even complete her whiny statement, Sunggyu threw his arms around her and pressed her head against his chest. He wanted her to hear his heart beat. Eunji's eyes were left wide open as she was stunned at Sunggyu's sudden physical affection. Her expression softened right after she embraced Sunggyu back.

 

"What's wrong?" 

 

"Nothing, I just miss you." Sunggyu sighed before resting his chin on the top of her head.