Part One | Mark: Serendipity

Love. Two Different Faces.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Bless the broken road

 

A white lie

A lie that is half meant

I told my best friend Jungkook, whom I have unresolved feelings for, that I have a crush on school, I needed to say it so that they would stop pestering me about being a nun, his friends and well they also became mine, had a knack for teasing me that I was not like most teenage girls who fawns over guys, fuss over the latest fashion trend, bother with looking like entering pageants and would giggle when they see their crush, so for me to have the peace I am yearning for I blurted out a white lie.

I didn’t want to tell them that I had a crush on Jungkook as honestly, I, myself, don’t even comprehend if it was just a mere crush or something much more.

So to just have them off my back I sprouted a white lie that have a crush on a sunbae in our school.

Though I do find him admirable has he has undeniable good looks, cool aura and he just seems to have this pull in his form, a pull of attracting people, I don’t know how to phrase the words together but he just do. He’s also respected and well-known in our school and when I saw him I admit he was cute.

Mark Tuan, the American-Taiwanese, senior of class 4-A of our school

I just mostly caught a glimpse of him when I’m walking on the hallway above our designated floor when some of the teachers beckon me to fetch or run an errand form them as the faculty room was close to their classroom

I was the class president so obviously the perks, though I slightly beg to differ, is that the teachers put out most trust on you as they knew you’ll be responsible as the class obviously voted your for that reason.

Though my chances of seeing him more heightened up when I learned he was the class president of his home room as my Algebra teacher is coincidently their home room teacher, that fact I have learned when our Algebra teacher dashed out of the room, looking frantic for a second, assigned me to collect the paper she had not do seeing our class fussing on completing the worksheet of problems she had given us which caused some of our neurons to die.

As I had finished collecting the papers, I excused myself from our home economics teacher, asking permission to go out of the room to give the papers to Mrs.Bae, in which the teacher understood and gave me a hall pass.

When I had knocked on the faculty’s door, I made my way to Mrs.Bae’s designated desk to see her seated at her chair talking to a student whose back is facing me. Though I could tell he was a guy as obviously he was wearing the prescribed uniforms for males.

I waited for them to finish talking, though I did tried hard  to resist myself form eavesdropping yet their voices were perfectly clear seeing the proximity of distance between us was miniscule as I could say that the faculty room is sure is small to fit at least twenty six or more teachers. The space was limited clearly.

They were talking about some project to which I shun out once I caught ear of it concerning their practical exam in some of their major subjects. Even if I did completely immersed myself on listening and learning on what they were planning to do it would do me no good as I don’t bother that much with school activities or happenings as I am mostly into my world, the only times I’m interested in school events if it involves me or someone I know and close to, I could somewhat be perceived as a slight wall flower.

As they were finally done I found it as my opportunity to cut in just to give the papers to come back quickly for class as the subject we currently have is my favorite one, I loved learning skills I can apply on our everyday life.

“Excuse me, Mrs. Bae, I just came here to give you the papers you asked me to collect. If you’ll excuse me I’ll be heading back to class now.” I said to Mrs. Bae as I have walked to her desk before bowing my head a little bit before handing her the papers.

I saw her smile at me in which I returned with a small smile too before I heard her thank me and dismissing me.

“Thank you very much Sungjee haksaeng. You may now go back to class.”

The guy whom I saw had a chiseled facial shape, sharp nose line, prominent high cheekbone structure, almond shaped eyes and plump lips. The guy who had an emblem of seniors, as I recognized, looks han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter