Before He's Gone

Don't Let It Be Real

It was almost like any other day. Almost.

I had no reason to go to the hospital,or so I thought.

When I arrived,all I knew is that I was to arrive to the 10th door on the second floor. 

I was curious to see why I was there so I just kept going.

That's the kind of person I am. 

My names Alisa Ariyoshi & I am just a wanderer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'10th door,second floor. 10th door,second floor,'those words spun round & round in my head.

When I got there I looked at the door nervously,it had his name on it. The guy I liked (maybe loved,who am I kidding?).

The boy with the kindest eyes,stern attitude but sweetest smile.

I loved everything about him; his personality,his flaws,I don't how but his ability to make anyone smile is probably the best.

His name? 

Oh Sehun.

Oh,you think it's cute? Visiting a loved on,going to cheer them up while they're in the hospital? Remember,this day stopped being 'normal' a while ago.

I looked at the door to make sure my eyes weren't pranking me.

Oh Sehun-Condition: Critical

I think I was in so much shock I didn't realize,my friend Luhan & Sehun's best friend had walked out of the room. He looked at me kindly with his big deer eyes & said,"Your turn. He's been desperate to see you." 

I only gave him a little nod,he smiled and hugged me before he left.

'C',mon Alisa,your a wanderer. It's part of your nature to,well,wander.'

I gathered up my courage & as I walked in,I saw Sehun lying there in a hospital bed with needles in his left wrist.

I closed the door and I probably didn't even move a foot before I started crying. I couldn't help it. It scared me so much,the thought of him not being there for me.

He saw that I was pouring buckets & opened his arms signaling me to go to him.

His eyes looked glassy & I'm sure mine were the same. 

Then,I bombed him with questions.

"How did this happen?! You were supposed to be better!!"

He only gave me a worried look in return.

I knew he had a minor sickness,but obviously that wasn't the case.

"My condition... Worsened quite a bit. I can have an operation to fix it but..." He took hold of my hands and seated me down,I thought I was about to have an asthma attack. "Ali,I might die during the operation."

I was about to get up and start panicking but he had a good grip on my hands and didn't let go.

He began to speak again,"Everyone's been coming in to say goodbye,just in case. Even I,I think goodbye is the only thing left to say.

That was it. I had a freaking breakdown.

I got myself together and looked him straight in the eyes and said,"Sehun,I've liked you since,God knows how long. I'm sorry but-"

'Hold it in Ali,hold it in!'

"I can't say goodbye. So I'm just gonna say,c'ya later!" I gave a smile,trying to remember the days when we'd laugh for hours.

He pulled me into another hug.

I began,"One more thing-"

I kissed him on the cheek. He blushed and I put my hand on his cheek. He seemed to be happy shocked.

"I'm sorry. I had to do that. At least once," I said in a neutral tone. Sorta brought the mood down.

I was just about to leave when he said,"Ali,you know how you like that jacket?"

He pointed to a jacket I happened to love because of the color and it was from soccer too. On the tag,I wrote Sehunnie when he came to hang out at my house. He didn't notice till he left.

"Keep it. I don't want you forgetting me. Ever." I nodded and picked up the jacket from a chair. I gave him one last hug and kiss on the cheek before I left.

I looked at the papers hanging outside his door and they read: Oh Sehun,surgery will take place tomorrow.

I gathered my thoughts and quickly went home and cried for the rest of the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I knew it,it was the next morning. I had to go pick up a few things like laundry and groceries.

So I got cleaned up,and grabbed Sehun's jacket and put my phone in the pocket.

i felt a scrap a paper when I put my phone in the pocket. I took out the scrap and opened it and it said,'Alisa Ariyoshi,I love you,' and had a tear stain on it. 

I grabbed my phone and ran out the door.

'I loved him. Wait,the hell?! I DO love him!' I panted as I got closer and closer to the hospital. 'He said it. He said I love you but I didn't! I was afraid about how he'd react.'

He had to know I love him,he had to.

But when I got there,I saw his doctor and he only looked at me with sad eyes and said,"We did what we could..." His voice railing off. 

I had yet another breakdown. I think I cried for about an hour,in the middle of the hospital floor,outside Sehun's operating room. 

I felt my heart die.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Few minutes later,I felt arms wrap around me. I looked up,and saw that it was Sehun. He didn't look the best but he was alive and that's what mattered to me. Before he could say another sentence, I said," Oh Sehun,I love you."

At first he smiled,but it slowly faded.

He began to tell me that,Chanyeol my best guy friend,was the reason Sehun was alive. Sehun needed a heart transplant urgently & Chanyeol volunteered up. I was in total denial about the situation. 

He gave me a letter with my name on it.

It read:

My dear Ali,

I know you love Sehun with your entire being. You can't live without him and he would be the same with you,but you can live with out me. Alisa,I love you. I always will. Even if it were for thousands of years. 

i love you,Alisa Ariyoshi. 

My wandering,sweet hearted best friend'

I started screaming.

'Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka! I loved you too! Why did you do this without telling me?!'

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I got up from the ground on my own and closed my eyes.'This isn't real,Chanyeol is alive,Sehun is alright,& when I open my eyes... I'll wake up. This-this is only a dream.'

Course it's a dream,as a kid I used to sleep walk. Maybe it was happening again,only I'm older.

I could feel the world go cold and I felt like I was in a bright room.

"I know it isn't real. Was probably my biggest fear testing me"

I knew what was happening now. I was in the realization zone. Where you realize  your dreams aren't real..

"When I open my eyes. I will be with the people I love. Count of 3: 1-2-3!"

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I woke up to a bright room. Looked just like Sehun's hospital room. I think it was but instead,I was in bed. I looked up around me and saw my friends D.O,Kai,Baekhyun,Taehyung,Jazzy,Chitose,Luhan,Chanyeol & of course. Sehun.

My fear was testing me. Testing me for the day I feared. And so far I think I may have passed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I got up and hugged Sehun and he said something that had me wandering a bit more.

"The part of us being together came true."

& guess what? I was wearing my favorite jacket