009

Tales of the Prince and the Scholar

a/n: well i have been busy last week and this week i have been in constant pressure so... here I go with this lameness ~ sorry if this is getting boring for everyone~

 

 

----

 

The lunch was rather silent and it was killing Onew to be honest. He was curious at the very least, why Jonghyun was apprehensive when it comes to Sora. He cocked a brow at Minho who just nodded and turned to Jonghyun.

 

I'll let you come with me.” Jonghyun said after swallowing a mouthful.

 

The three cleaned the table and went out to town, Jonghyun said something like getting the doctor to check up on Sora. The three went on foot, it was a clear day anyway and Jonghyun was determined to get there the soonest. They walked past a few houses, Jonghyun greetign the couples that waved at him. He bowed and flashed a sincere smile, something that Onew noted to be dazzling.

 

Minho was hinting something about the prince, something he knew too well because Taemin was something like that to him prior to their relationship and he figured that it was in their genes. But he'll not reveal this little information to the prince since it would be unfair to him if he doesn't discover the wonderful feeling of being in love; So he just let the older, though clueless at the moment, learn it on his own.

 

Jonghyun!” Onew called out as he huffed and puffed after a good distance.

 

are you tired?” Jonghyun asked and the prince nodded. Jonghyun then knelt which confused the older. “hop on.” Jonghyun said and Onew shook his head, blushing a little bit. “Stay here then. Sora noona needs to see the doctor.” Jonghyun said and Onew sighed.

 

I can still walk, let's go.” He uttered and pulled the younger to stand up.

 

They met grandfather Sooman along the way, riding his horse drawn wooden carriage as he was about to deliver some crops to town. He smiled at the three and offered them a ride which the three were grateful for. The carriage wasn't really the best in comfrt but it serves its purpose quite well.

 

Thank you!” Onew beamed as he got down and the old man lauhged heartily and waved at them.

 

Jonghyun fetch the doctor who fortunately has his own truck and they returned to the small house where Sora was resting her head on her husband's shoulder.

 

The doctor took a good look at her and drew out a stick from pocket of his bag. He handed it to her and instructed her to take the pregnancy test. She took the stick and went to the bathroom, only to return with a blushing face. She handed the stick to the doctor who was happy to announce that Sora was pregnant.

 

Jungsoo was smiling widely at the news, hugging his wife and kissing the top of her head while he shed tears of joy. The doctor took his leave and told her to drop by for monthly checkups, she nodded and thanked him for his kindness.

 

Onew was smiling wide at the news, it was really nice to hear such news, despite knowing the couple for just a couple of hours. They left the room to give the couple some space and enjoy the moment of having a child soon.

 

Jonghyun sat on the edge of the ledge over looking the fields while Minho took out some of the rice sacks from the field to stack it to the small warehouse by the side of the house. Onew sat next to Jonghyun and handed him a glass of water.

 

You really care for Sora noona.” Onew stated and Jonghyun nodded then drank the water offered.

 

She's like a real sister to me. She took care of me whenever I am here, especially those times when I was growing up and had nothing to survive.” Jonghyun said.

 

Figure how you would risk your life for her.” Onew smiled at him, sweet and genuine.

 

If you've experienced truue love and genuine concern, you'll understand why people would risk everything for their beloved.” Jonghyun uttered and Onew nodded.

 

They stayed in silence as they watched the setting sun, covering the fields in an orange glow. Onew sighed as he watched the scene unfold, how long has it sinced he had time to watch such miracle from nature. But out of the corner of Jonghyun's eyes he saw some movement which alerted his senses. He took Hold of Onew and Pulled him inside the room where Jungsoo was guarding a sleeping Sora.

 

Hyung, they're here.” Jonghyun informed him and Jungsoo took hold of Sora's hand and kissed her forehead befoe he turned to the closet and withdrew two guns and a samurai sword.

 

Stay here and watch Sora for me.” Jungsoo uttered and Onew was confused but nodded.

 

Hyung!” Minho called out as he opened the door of the room. One look at the armed older male and he understood. He nodded and went to the other room to grab his weapons, passing by Onew and handing him his set just in case.

 

With one final glances, the three went out to face the black men who had decided to make an attack once the sun fully set. Onew was nervous, he didn't expect such early encounter with the supposed threats in his life, he hadn't even reach half of their journey.

 

He paced the room nervously as he tried to calm himself down, clutching the riffle tightly in his hands as he wished that nothing bad would happen.

 

He then passed by the closet and saw something that caught his attention. He then gingerly opened the closet and took the glimmering jade emblem that looked utterly familiar. He gripped the emblem tightly, red string and tassle completing the polished stone as it indicated the rank of the bearer. He then looked at the sleeping girl on the bed and gritted his teeth, he needed to know the truth.

 

----

 

a/n: there will be one more chapter for this arc. I will try to write by tonight ~

sorry if this is a bit boring