Han Jumi- who is she?

--Timeline--

 

-----

How would people describe Han Jumi, the adorable-looking red-headed girl who has huge eyes?

"She looks just like a Japanese anime character."

"She's cute."

"Jumi is a very good friend, sister, teacher, and student."

"She looks like a doll to me."

"Weird and crazy. Her level of weirdness seems to be shooting up the sky."

 "Jumi is no one but Jumi herself."

"Hyper, and she's kind of like a vitamin C."

They are all positive and nice comments about one girl. Han Jumi is her name, and she will be a YounghaDae student in exactly two days. Jumi has an incredible talent of making others feel good about themselves- just like vitamin C, or 'happy virus'. She was a friend who you'd feel proud to have, and she will become your sister/friend/teacher/student/mum. 

Ever since young, Jumi was good at studying. She ever got below a grade B, which is 80% out of 100%. She always revised at home everyday, and her parents were very proud though they wished she'd go outside and play with her friends more often. After all, Jumi seemed to be dating her books up until middle school.

As soon as she got into high school, she changed completely. She reduced her time studying and hung out with her new friends more. It didn't mean she didn't study-she studied as well, but played when she wanted to. Even though she kind of took her hands off studying, she always got As or Bs, or even A+s on good days. Teachers adored her and so did her friends, though some secretly was jealous of her.

She received endless amount of jealousy from girls, but she didn't care. Thanks to her amazing vitamin C-like personality, many of them grew found of her and became her friends. Jumi was never seen alone and would always be with her group of friends whom she loved dearly. Jumi remained as a girl who would never be friendless, no matter wherever she went in the world. 

When her friends heard the news about Jumi getting accepted into YounghaDae, they weren't very surprised. They just kind of nodded their heads, as if they expected this to happen. But they were all equally happy for her and wished her luck, although they were sure she'd do great in university as well. Afterall, she had a gifted personality.

------

"Jung Nayeon!"

"Han Jumi!"

"Waahhh!"

Two girls- a brunette and a red-headed girl ran up to each other, screaming. They hugged tightly before looking at each other, and chuckling. Even with a glance, you could easily tell they were best friends, or good friends. They were certainly not strangers- no way.

"Whoa, it's been what- like a month?" said Jumi, with a laugh.

"A month and 3 days.... and 4 hours 21 minutes 5-"

"Enough, enough. You haven't changed at all." Jumi said quickly, covering Nayeon's mouth.

"Pssh, I know! Just wanted to be exact." Nayeon shrugged.

The two girls walked into Starbucks together, recieving curious stares from guys around their age sitting inside. Jumi shievered, feeling very uncomfortable. Nayeon, on the other hand, seemed to be actually enjoying all the stares and attention. She grinned at a guy who winked at her before walking up to the counter, her eyes glued onto the menu stuck on the wall.

"One latte. Hot, please."

"A cotton candy frapuccino for me!" Jumi added in.

The guy behind the counter nodded, punching in some codes into a machine. "3400 won, please." He spoke. His voice was deeper than the girls thought and Jumi immidiately froze when she heard his voice. Oh, how she loved his voice! She studied the guy carefully as Nayeon paied.

As soon as their ordered drinks came out, they each took their own drink and rushed off to an empty table where you could see the counter clearly. They sat opposite of each other, not saying aything at first. Then all of a sudden-

"OH MY GOOOD. Did you see him!?" They both squealed.

"Yes!!!"

"Wow, wow. I'm getting a heart attack all over again." Nayeon said, putting her right hand above her chest.

"I just... can't." Jumi breathed.

"Byun Baekhyun."

"Mhm?"

"His name. It's Baekhyun." Nayeon repeated, winking.

".... Clap. A clap for you, my dear friend." Jumi said, clapping her hands three times before taking a sip from her drink.

"You know I'm an expert when it comes to....." Nayeon leant in closer, grinning. "boys."

"Oh, how can I not know?" She rolled her eyes.

If Jumi was good at studying, it was nothing compared to Nayeon's skills around boys. She knew exactly how to act, smile or laugh in front of boys to get their attention- and even the exact words to speak. That's probably why her popularity was number 1 in high school, unlike Jumi's.

"Did I tell you?"

A few minutes of complete (and awkward!) silence flowed by, and the two friends didn't speak to each other. Both of them were too caught up in the adorable counter guy and felt butterflies when he smiled at customers walking into Starbucks.

"What?" Nayeon asked, making eye contact with the red-headed girl who was staring at her.

"I got accepted into YounghaDae."

"... Seriously?"

"Yup, totally."

"Wow, I knew it! Congrats, Han Jumi." Nayeon exclaimed, slapping her friend a quick high-five.

"Thanks, Nayeon-ah. But what about you?" Jumi asked.

"Oh, I.... Arts and Materials All-girl's University."

".... Wasn't that like, your dream university? You're a pro at art."

"It was. It's reality now! Seems like we both got into good universities in Seoul." Nayeon smiled.

"I'm really glad. I'm starting in two days- can't wait!" Jumi squealed a little, tapping on the empty Starbucks cup.

"Oh, I'm starting in a week." 

"That's cool. I'm sure you'll do fantastic there!"

-----

"See you around, Jumi-yah."

"I'll miss you. Call me a lot, okay?" Jumi smiled, making a phone sign with her hand.

Nayeon nodded. The two girls hugged each other, and grinned before waving. They walked to opposite directions, turning around occasionally and laugh when their eyes met. Nayeon was one of Jumi's old friend, along with couples of others who all got to contact each other after what seemed like forever. It was really nice meeting an old friend of you. You could share memories and laugh about the good, old golden days.

As Jumi walked down the street to her apartment which she lived with her parents, she looked up at the sky and smiled. Her biggest interest was the night sky. More specificly, stars. Stars seemed to calm her down and cheered her up on her bad days and managed to get a smile on her face.

Thinking about her new university life that would be starting in two days, Jumi grinned and squealed a little, forgetting that she was in public. People stared at her weirdly, but she didn't care right now. She had mixed emotions- happy, excited, worried and flattering. It was all very confusing, but Jumi tried to convince herself it was a good feeling altogether.

-----