Addicted to the Feeling of Letting Go

Addicted to the Feeling of Letting Go

The two of you had waited forever for this night. You had stayed up for endless hours listening to their music, staring at your tickets with glee, and obsessing over how cool this night would be. You had waited for nine hours after school in front of the local Wal-Mart to pick up their new album and on the drive home, you turned it up all the way and sang along at the top of your lungs to their latest single. It was beyond perfect and the two of you couldn’t wait to stir up trouble.

What made it all the more better was that nobody else understood your love for punk rock music. The preppier girls called it annoying, the jocks called it noisy, and the rest of the school called it lame. The two of you found solitude in the emotional lyrics and piercing guitar solos. It was something the mainstream music lacked, which was probably why everyone else hated it. But you and Jonghyun, with your band tees and dyed hair loved it, and tonight you were going to be surrounded by it and nothing else.

Jonghyun turned the car off as he parked in the vacant parking lot, grinning widely at what he saw. The two of you had skipped school to get there early at 9AM to line up before anyone else to make sure you got a good spot in the pit. You pulled up your checklist from your iPhone and read it aloud to Jonghyun, making sure that the both of you were well prepared for tonight.

“First things first, tickets.” you read. Jonghyun flashed the tickets from his car door, both of them glowing with all of their beauty.

“‘Kay, wallets. I have mine in my lap, where’s yours, oppa?” you asked. He reached and grabbed his wallet from his back pocket, waving it at you. You checked it off of your list.

“Good, now money for merch. How much did you bring?” you asked, looking up at him. Jonghyun opened his wallet and looked inside, counting the bills.

“Fifty to be safe, merch can be ing expensive and it’s my guilty pleasure. I have my credit card too if you want to go to Denny’s or something after.” he stated, putting his wallet back into his pocket.

“I brought forty, will that be all right?” you asked. He nodded in response, telling you that he’d cover if it went over. “Okay, thanks. Now, how is your phone battery? If we get separated in the pit and your phone dies, I’ll be royally ed.” you said, tapping his phone screen. He gave you a knowing expression, rolling his eyes as if you had said this a million times. Well, actually, you have-it wasn’t your fault you were paranoid about losing him.

“I charged it all yesterday afternoon and night. I’m currently at 99% battery right now. Does that make you feel better?’ he said, showing you his battery. You nodded, comfortable that he had plenty of battery left.

“All right. Does my hair look all right, oppa? I just redyed it Wednesday since it was starting to fade to a mint color, and I want bright--in-your-ing-face green.” you started your locks, your thick bangs hanging just above your eyes. Jonghyun smiled at you and placed his hand on your thigh, calming you down.

“In my opinion, you look ing hot. Now can we get in line?” he looked up at you, his eyes cool yet excited. You blushed heavily and nodded sheepishly, your mind going crazy over his compliment. Oh my god, he just called me hot! Jonghyun just called me hot!, you thought. But maybe he was just saying that. But still, he called me hot! Oh my ing god!

So you maybe kinda sorta might have a small teeny tiny huge crush on your best friend. Who couldn’t when he was always there when you were down, always treated you like a queen, and shared the same music taste with you? You had fallen hard for the boy, simple as that. But you were pretty sure that he didn’t return these feelings, so you kept them a secret and hidden from him. You didn’t tell anyone and so far, things were going all right in the sense of him not knowing. You were going crazy over him, but that was something you had little control over at the moment. You put the blame on stupid teenage love.

The two of you left to go line up, smiling wildly to see that you were still the first at the venue. As you waited the agonizingly long hours, you talked and chatted with other fans as they showed up. By the time doors opened at 7:30, you were bouncing off the balls of your feet. You filled into the venue and pressed tightly against the barricade, smiling widely up at the stage that would soon be filled with the bands. You heard that the opening acts were all right, but as usual, not many had heard of them. Either way, Jonghyun and you were watching the stage anxiously to see if a band member would be walking backstage or come out to talk to the fans pre-show. When nobody did and the lights dimmed for the first band, you two cheered in excitement for what was to come. It was finally here!

Once the two opening acts finished, the tour crew started disassembling their instruments and assembling the main act’s. You looked over at Jonghyun to see how he was doing, and fairly enough he was grinning as widely as he could and had his phone out, ready to snap photos. You nudged him and screamed over the loud chatter of the crowd.

“Hey Jong-oppa, are you ready?” you asked. He nodded, asking you the same question in return. “Hell yeah I am! We’ve waited months for this very moment! I’m practically going crazy!” Jonghyun laughed and raised his eyebrows at you.

“Are you sure it’s not the weed that just got confiscated from the guy behind us during the first act?” he posed. You gasped and smirked at the boy.

“Maybe, maybe I inhaled without knowing it. It’s not like its the first time I got high unknowingly at a concert.” you shrugged, giggling at your previous experiences. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and pointed towards the back curtain. You saw a face disappear back into the chaos of the backstage and you gasped in excitement, knowing that they were about to come out any moment now.

Within an agonizingly long twenty minutes, the lights faded to black and the crowd went into an uproar and began screaming at the top of their lungs. You started yelling in Jonghyun’s ear, chanting for the band to come out. Finally, you heard a guitar chord. Then another. And then the lights flickered on and the group came out with their guitars and drumsticks, the lead singer taking his place center stage in front of the microphone. You looked at Jonghyun and screamed, in which he replied with a yell that matched yours. It was crazy, insane, unbelievable. It was at least happening after all these months! All those nights listening to their CD on repeat! All those wonderful dreams about this very moment!

As the show progressed, you felt invincible. The loud beat of the bass drum made you feel like you were going to go into cardiac arrest, even though you never did. The guitars blasted out of the speakers on either side and brought the room to life. Lastly, the singer screaming the lyrics into the microphone brought both the band and the crowd together. As they played your favorite song, you felt as if you could die right there without a problem. This band meant the world to you, and there was always a song of theirs that described your mood and thoughts. It was incredible and amazing and everything good; and best of all, it was with Jonghyun. You never got separated since the two of you were clutching the barricade for dear life. Through all the shoving, kicking, and crowd surfers, it was beyond perfect. Although you were sad that you weren’t able to participate in a mosh pit, you felt that since you were so close to band it made up for it. And it sure did.

Once the concert ended, you and Jonghyun filed outside. You felt so high; maybe it was the weed the guy was smoking earlier. Jonghyun appeared dazed as well, and you noticed when you got to his car and slumped against the hood of his car.

“, that was amazing. I feel major concert depression right now but I also feel like I’m on fire. Holy ing .” he stated, tilting his neck into the night sky. You bit your lip as he swallowed, his adam’s apple bobbing noticeably. You laid beside him, wanting to relish the moment with him.

“You could say that again, oppa.” you replied, accidentally brushing you arm against his. He turned towards you and bit his lip seductively, placing his hand firmly on the hood.

“I feel so good, can I make out with you?”

“What?” you were suddenly taken back by his bold question. Hell yeah I do, you thought. That’s all I’ve thought about for weeks. Just ing touch me already, dammit. You kept your slight composure and didn’t let your weakness show. 

“Oh please. I just feel like I am electric from the concert. And I see the way you look at me. Let’s  put their CD on the radio, get in the backseat, and make out for a little bit.” he smirked, leaning closer to you to place his hot hand on your thigh. You looked up into his eyes and saw that they weren’t dilated; meaning he wasn’t actually high. They were shining with excitement and mischief; the two things you adored most.

“Fine. Let’s go.” you replied, dashing to the backseat as he slipped the CD into the slot of the radio. Once their music began to fill the car, he jumped into the backseat with you, closing his door with a slam behind him.

He took little time with suspense and simple climbed over you so that you were laying down on the back seat, his head only a few inches from yours. He had one hand by the side of your head and the other was curling around your waist. You bit your lip and looked up at him anxiously, your body nearly quivering as he brought his lips down to meet yours.

He pressed his lips firmly against yours, your lips molding perfectly together. The two of you shared the icy hot feeling from the concert together as your lips moved in sync with one another, tongues chasing tongues and lips being nibbled by teeth. It wasn’t how you’d expect your first kiss with Jonghyun to be like; it was way better. He felt like raw passion that had just been released and he was trying to tell you how it felt. He continued to deepen the kiss and started running his fingers along the smooth skin of your hips, pushing your shirt up slightly. You pulled away from him for a moment to catch your breath, your faces remaining only centimeters apart. 

You looked into his eyes and wrapped your arms around his neck, brings his lips down again. You couldn’t help but to become addicted to his taste and the way he kissed. You wanted this night to never end, and for this moment to last forever.

However, all good things must come to an end, and Jonghyun pulled away a few minutes later and sat up, wiping his lips with the back of his hand. You felt his growing against your thigh and looked up at him, wondering what his next move was.

“I don’t want to you now. First of all, it would be ing uncomfortable. Second, you deserve to be made love to. And in addition to that, you deserve to be made love to by a boyfriend, nobody less.” he said in a raspy voice, panting heavily. “So, let’s start with the basics. Would you like to be my girlfriend?”

You blushed and nodded quickly, your lips turning upwards into a huge smile. Jonghyun grinned widely at your response and leaned down to press a more chaste kiss to your nose, running his hand along your cheek. You blinked and wrapped your arms around him in a tight hug, beyond thankful to finally have the boy of your dreams.