Donghae [Part 1]

Beautiful Imperfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

He knew from the start what he did was wrong. Donghae wasn’t stupid. But he needed a distraction, he had to do something to fill up the empty spaces in his ed up life.

Ever since his parents divorced and his mother left, it was like he lost his direction. He didn’t know where to go. Having a bad-tempered father wasn’t helping either, and he was beyond grateful when his old man moved to Australia.

Living alone was way better than having to fight with his father almost every single day, seeing him taking random women home, and getting molested by those shameless . So he turned to the easiest path that could make everything better for him.

Or so he wished.

He started getting involved in fights, and it wasn’t long until his name was widely known among the street gangs. When he was invited to be one of the dealers, he wasn’t interested at first, but the pay that was offered to him was hard to refuse.

He needed money. He wouldn’t want to live under his father’s wings anymore, he wanted to prove that he could survive alone, without anyone’s help. He didn’t need anyone else to interfere with his life.

And so he accepted. He began his new life as a high school student during the day, and turned into a fearsome drug dealer at night. It wasn’t that hard. They had connections. Connections, power and money are even more powerful than the justice itself.

Everything was perfect, he gained a lot of money and reputation, until the day he met Choi Minho.

“He’s coming with you starting today,” Vince, the leader’s most trusted right hand man introduced them one night. “Donghae, this is Choi. Choi Minho.”

Donghae recognized the guy standing in front of him right away. Choi Minho was in his school, and they’d sometimes bump into each other at the gym. But who’d have thought they both ended up choosing the same path?

“I thought I’ve made it clear before that I prefer working alone,” Donghae glared at Vince, who shifted uncomfortably under his fierce stare.

“Our boss insisted. He doesn’t want to lose you, Donghae. You do know a lot of bastards hate our guts and want to bring us down, don’t you?”

Donghae looked back at Minho, who then grinned at him sheepishly before reaching out to shake his hand.

“Sorry, I accepted this offer only because of the pay. I won’t cross the line, brother.”

And that was when they started working together. At school, they both pretended like they didn’t know each other, but once their uniforms were off, they were the formidable combo.

Minho never asked him why he was a drug dealer, and he never wanted to pry into the latter’s life.

But since from the start, he’d never liked Minho. He couldn’t trust him, the way he stared at his surrounding like an eagle searching for a meal when they were at their hideout, and how his eyes would sometimes flicker towards the small room where the weapons were stored. It wasn’t that obvious at first, but then he seemed to have an idea of what Minho had in his mind.

“I ing hate this.”

It was right before the mid-term started when Donghae overheard Minho talking on his phone in the school washroom, his face tense. He stopped in his track and hid behind the walls, listening to every word the latter was saying.

“The boss only likes that bastard Donghae, why can’t he see that I’m more capable to do those things?” Minho was silent for a few seconds, and then he nodded. “I’m gonna talk to him. If he still doesn’t acknowledge me, I’m gonna kill the boss myself.”

Now that explained everything. He’d finally shown his true colours. Donghae thought he’d just leave it like that and see what’d happen next, but apparently, things just got worse.

When he knew Minho was with Jina, the school beauty, he wasn’t surprised. He’d seen them a few times making out so publicly in the hallway, but he didn’t really give a . That was until Jina started to show an interest in him, and not so secretly to top it off.

“Why are you so untouchable?”

Donghae snorted when he felt Jina’s fingers tracing his back, and quickly pushed her away. He had gone through this so many times. Girls offered themselves to him like he was some kind of a God, but he wasn’t interested. But knowing Minho, he wouldn’t get away if he were to see Jina clinging to him like this.

He needed to get rid of a potential trouble.

“For the last time, I’m not into girls like you. Now back the off and go find Minho,” he said in a harsh tone, but Jina wasn’t someone who’d get flustered just because she was cursed at.

He thought things couldn’t get any worse than this, but he was completely wrong.

*****

 

“See ya around Donghae!”

Donghae nodded at a group of his friends from the soccer team as they left the locker room. He took his shirt off and threw it onto his bag, and was about to walk into the shower when suddenly the door creaked open, and light footsteps approached him.

“Hey Donghae...”

When Donghae turned around, there was Jina making her way towards him with her exposed long legs, her eyes looking at him like she was going to eat him alive.

He knew this wouldn’t be good. He did his best to avoid her so he wouldn’t end up hitting a girl, but in here, it wouldn’t be that easy to get away.

“This is the boys’ locker room,” Donghae said, his eyes glancing at the opened door, scanning the empty hallway.

It’d be nice if someone happens to enter at this time, so he wouldn’t have to deal with Jina’s annoying ty behaviour.

“I know that,” Jina said, stepping even closer to him, “I want to see you.”

“What do you want, Jina?”

“You. You, your body, and your heart.”

“You have Minho.”

“It’s getting boring. But you, you’re unattainable. I can’t touch you. No one can touch you. You make me want you more.”

“ off,” Donghae muttered, “When I’m still being nice.”

Grabbing his towel, he turned around, but Jina suddenly pulled his arm and pushed him to the wall, her hands pressing on his broad shoulders.

“Oh yeah? I prefer the rough style,” Jina smirked.

Donghae was close to grabbing her slender neck and shoved her aside, but then Minho came in all of a sudden, and everything fell into complete silence. Jina widened her eyes as she immediately backed away, her face went pale at the sight of fuming Minho in front of them.

Donghae knew this wasn’t going to end well. The fact that Minho was envious of him being in the favour of their boss wasn’t helping either, and he totally had a bad feeling about this.

“What the ?” Minho hissed, glaring at Donghae for a second before looking back at the nervous Jina. “You ...”

“Minho, look, I can explain!” Jina quickly said, her trembling hands cupping Minho’s face. “I...I didn’t do anything! Donghae was the one who pulled me in here!”

Great.

Donghae was sure he’d end up killing the both of them if he didn’t stop himself, so the best thing to do was to distance himself from the two idi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter