.

Wanted At Last

Himchan's POV

 

The sun was setting as I ran and ran, away from my stupid friends and their judging eyes, their hateful words. I didn’t want to do this anymore. I don’t even know why I hang out with them in the first place. Oh wait, I remember.

It’s because I have no one else, I thought.

I found myself in a small abandoned park, and made my way over to the two swings and plopped down on one. The place and its surroundings were empty, not a single living thing in sight. I haven’t felt so isolated in a long time. I hung my head and stared at the ground. It made me think about my so-called “friends”. Always making me feeling left out, unwanted. Well, I could leave them, but I couldn’t. I didn’t have anyone else to be with.

Oh, the hardships of being a “nerd”.

“Excuse me, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but are you okay?” A deep, husky voice brought me out of my depressing thoughts. I slowly lifted my head to see someone striding towards me. He looked as if he was around my age, but was pretty well built, the opposite of me. The short-sleeved black shirt he wore hugged his muscles perfectly. His hair shone in the setting sun, giving it a golden tinge.  Just thinking of him made me hate myself even more. Before I knew it, he was kneeling in front of me.

“Hey, why are you crying?” He asked softly and reached his hand up and gently brushed dark brown the hair out of my eyes. His hands were soft and warm against me, making my face heat up the tiniest bit. I took off my black-rimmed glasses to wipe my eyes when I heard him gasp. Glancing at him, I saw that his eyes were wide, and his mouth was open.

“Why are you staring at me?” I whispered. It took him a couple minutes to form any words. His mouth was gaping like a fish, and I found the action a little cute.

“It’s- I just – I mean, why do you hide your face? You’re so beautiful…” His voice trailed off at the end. I stared into his eyes and felt myself blush a lot.

He was so handsome, my brain screamed at me.

“I don’t know. I just….do.” I responded, still whispering.

“Well, you shouldn’t hide your beauty from others.” I shook my head.

“No one likes me, you know. I don’t see how people are going to go from hating and bullying me one second, to loving and adoring me the next just by changing my hair. It never works like that, especially for someone like me.” My gaze wandered to the ground again. He put two fingers under my chin to lift it up.

“Trust me, they will do almost anything for you if they found out you looked so god-like.” I let out a small chuckle.

“Okay, now you are over-exaggerating. No need to say things that aren’t true.”

“But they are. Here, come with me and I’ll help you out. We can start now.” He stood up and put his hand out.

I didn’t even hesitate in taking it, letting him drag me down empty streets. It felt nice, to be honest. Our hands fit together so well and the silence between us was comfortable. I don’t know what happened, but I knew that tomorrow, I was going to be a different person.

It was all because of this beautiful stranger.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
589 words. :-)

 

I know that this is a little short, but I hope you don't mind! 

Thank you for reading! :3