365 Strumming Scents

Please Subscribe to read further chapters

Description

She never knew the meaning of life direction or how passion felt, till she heard the sound strumming its way into her soul, filling her with the scent she never knew existed. The scent intoxicated her, lured her, led her to their first encounter, where her small fingers made contact with the rigid steel threads. They were brusque, sharp, harsh, merciless as they grazed against her fragile skin. Electrified. But she was satisfied. It was inexplainable. But she was quick to understood, that it was the scent, leaking from every pluck. She was engulfed. Then she knew her life was no longer about being mindlessly wanting to excel in studies and life whatever that meant. For since she inhaled that scent, she wanted to live breathing it forever as her air. She couldn't imagine losing it ever again, not even for a single day. And the need only grew stronger and bigger, just as her life and later on, career as a guitarist grew bigger with the success of her band.

But what if one day, she was told that the band would take a break from performing for a year? Sure, she still would have her stringed companion. But she would have nobody to play it for, and herself was no longer enough to endure the intoxicating scent alone. She needed her audience, her bandmates or anyone to share the overwhelming aroma. She needed the blinding lights illuminating the stage in order to shade her from the judging eyes of the world. But that would only happen if she have someone to work with, she's never one to take all limelight for herself. How would she survive the year? Mourning for being left alone in hunger of the scent, or sighing for all the new people she's about to meet? Will they be able to relish the scent, or will they bring in new scents she never knew into her life?

She will write it all in her journal...well, maybe not all. But yeah.

...

 

Foreword

 

theme songs:

Don't Cry + The Change of Season

though the first inspiration was THIS perf.

all fancam belongs to: kimanna0413@youtube.com (NOT me)

 

Disclaimer: This story is purely a fanfiction created by me, and has nothing to do with the real singers/musician used but their names. Events, characters, thoughts and plot are for fictional purpose. (to broccoli nomajo members, if you happen to find this, and don't like it, please don't sue meT^T...let me know if i should take it down and i will,sorry. /sobs/ this is my first time writing non-idols n i'm kinda really nervous now.../shivers/)

 

...

 

P R O L O G U E


"Tonight's show, let's make it our last."

"Yeah, of course it's the last for this year." I stuck out my tongue at our band's leader. He always had a way with trying to make a joke, that came out totally, not funny. He was a boring guy when I first met him. Still is. But when it comes to making music and lyrics, he's a genius. So I stuck with him, we stuck with him. We remained together. Because of that one thing we love. Years passed, but some things never changed. Our foundation never changed.

"No, what I mean is...for real, well, for now, not forever."

I exchanged glance with our drummer, she seemed just as clueless as I. For some reason, that, brought comfort. Though not enough to slow down the rapid pace of the drumming inside of me.

"He meant, we're going to take a break for a year."

"Unnie, you already know it?"

She nodded. Of course she would, they're best friends, and they're the seniors in this band. They discusses and make the best decisions together. We're the maknaes. We're just supposed to follow.

But am I supposed to just follow when this decision is just going to  throw my heart onto the floor, broken and splinters of wood scattering everywhere?

I remained speechless, the multi purpose van's atmosphere darkened in silence.

"After I got married, I realized the things I never noticed, the things I've missed in my life, our keyboardist here has a boyfriend. I'm not worried about her. But I'm worried about you two. Especially, you. I've never seen you hang around with anyone else but the guitar."

That's because he never even bothered.

"I used to think music is the only thing that mattered in life too, but now I have second thoughts, I want all of us to take this break to see that world we've been blocked from seeing by being confined together, playing instruments and making music all the time."

Had he gone crazy? He would never said this before. So, marriage took him away from his love for music, was that what he's trying to say?

"Let's all take each of these journals, and I want us to write our experience surviving this one year apart, just write whatever you go through, your feelings. anything."

He didn't even care that he's throwing us into hellholes alone like this. He's sick of us, of being musician like this, right?

"Hyanggi-ya..."

I tilted up my face slightly to meet his eyes. Or rather, so he would think I was looking at him. How could I? I was so mad. All because of him and his 'life discovery after marriage'.

"It's hard for me too."

 

...

 

Hi, it's me again...yay~ this inspiration has been looming over me for days n i couldn't get it off my head...so i'm starting it even though i've gazillions of fics. maybe i won't have reader...but don't those oh-so-amazing-classy people in aff keep saying 'write for yourself'?...huh...i've a feeling if i could keep up with this, it's going to be my personal fav maybe(well, tho that happens almost everytime i start new fic lol)...and to members of this band, again, i'm sorry if i'm not supposed to write this fic, but it's just fictional n you inspire me for this...i'll take it down if you ask me to....T^T...updates will be slow though, who knows, might not be updated at all.....n will drag for long...oh and this will be in journal form... but i repeat it does NOT represent the thoughts of the member i will use as the main character...ahh, i know you know it, but i'm still scared...><...but i'm just so inspired by her guitar playing/she's so cool~fangirling n that hair suits her so much~fangirling again...lol/...xD...eventhough i love other members' music playing too, seriously...you might see them as k-indie, but i've read an interview of them saying they're no longer indie since they don't go selling their own albums n is just not-mainstream so i'll not call them k-indie. so, if you like this, give me some encouragement to keep this up n ease my nervousness ok. you know i dislike silent readers, right? and yes, i will include idols...in fact, i will include all singers i love n maybe some more(is it possible for me to collect 365 people though? hmm....lol)

 

 

 

Flag Counter