Prologue 2 : Found the Determination

Warm Bodies

With the determination in their eyes, they went to the other sides by using the secret doors, they walked through several alleys and finally arrived at the last door. With pounding hearts they opened the door and faced the deaths that were waiting for them


[ Prologue 2 : Found the Determination]

Myungsoo groaned as he felt his phone turned off, intrude him from his sleeping-beauty time. But as soon as he saw the caller, he sat up straight. "Yeah, Mom?"

"Myungsoo! Your father!! I…I.. "No need any explanation, Myungsoo knew something bad happened from his mother’s shaky voice and wasted no time to get ready. "Wait for me and please be safe, Mom!"

Seeing the state of his boyfriend, Sunggyu understood and quickly got himself ready as well, both of them headed up as fast as they could.

 

"Mom!! What happened?! Where’s Dad?" as soon as he rushed to the border area, he saw his mother sobbing. Their parent's friends and the other worker were there. Her hand shakily pointed at the now lifeless body covered with a sheet of cloth which was smeared with blood. Then they rushed to the body and with no hesitation Myungsoo took off the cloth, revealing his father’s state, lying there with the head half torn, his brain was gone. His mother screamed and shook her head as she couldn’t believe if it had really happened, Sunggyu turned his head as he couldn’t bear to see and hugged the woman, her back to calm her, actually trying to calm his heart too. Myungsoo who crouched down beside his father’s body, couldn’t help but let the tears roll down his face but he still kept a straight face as he was trying to understand what the hell was going on.

They were observing the protection wall and actually went to the other side of it, where the walking deaths lived freely. While they were observing, five zombies came to them shocking the workers and without waiting attacked them. As for Myungsoo’s father and several workers, they barely had time to notice the attack and when they turned fully, the zombies grabbed their heads mercilessly.

"Fortunately workers who survived managed to kill the zombies , but I’m sorry we couldn’t save your father' one of the worker bowed as he apologized, and Myungsoo’s mother gave him a reassuring smile although  tears keep streaming down her face. 'It’s okay, maybe God has a reason for all of this"

"…It’s a relief they took the brain out..." Myungsoo muttered with the same straight expression.

*w*

After the incident, the government decided to close and ban the use of all the doors/gates which were leading to the other side of the wall. Well, he just doesn’t think there will be some teenagers who are brave enough to risk their life to save the world.

And of course Myungsoo and Sunggyu are two of those teenagers.

 

"Dad! Can I ask you something?" Asked the man as he entered the observation room

"What is it, Gyu?" Sunggyu’s father turned his head from the screen

"Are there really no solutions to end this nightmare? I mean, do we have to stay in the darkness for who-knows how long without doing any moves?" His father sighed and massaged his temple, knowing his clever son will be asking this question soon.

"Listen, Gyu. We aren’t doing nothing, we are trying to get the hell out of this and it’s not that easy, and please don’t interfere in our work with anything." Hearing the old man’s answer Sunggyu pouted.

"But I want to take a part of this! I want to save the world! Why don’t we just assemble some troops and kill all of them? They’re just a bunch of dead walkers anyway.."

"Like I said it’s NOT that easy! They are too many, the whole world has been infected and No! Never I would let you go into the danger. You’re… the only one I have now, Gyu.. after your Mom and Sungjong disappeared. I don’t want to lose you"

Yes Sungjong is his younger brother who was gone at the same time as his Mother. Seeing his father's teary eyes, he immediately hugged his father.

"I’m sorry, Dad..I don’t wanna lose you either . But still, I can’t stay here without doing anything, I’m sure if Mom and Sungjong were still here, They would do the same. And I love you too, a lot. Please let me do something I really want to help." Said Sunggyu as he broke free from the hug and wiped a single tear that slipped from his eyes, Sunggyu then gave his father one last smile before heading out and leaving his father watching him with confused eyes.

I promise I'll be alright, Dad.

"No.. GYU!"

*w*

 

"Yo! Over here, Sunggyu!" Seungho said as he waved his hand to Sunggyu, after giving Seungho an acknowledging smile he approached Myungsoo who was busy explaining his plan to the other guys. Soon after they were done with the preparations (weapons, plans), they talked to each other while waiting for the right timing.

Yes they were the teenagers with the same mind and purpose. They were bored with all the long-waiting and decided to race against their adrenaline, facing the walking deaths and kill them with all their might. They were maybe just a group of teenagers but their desire to save the world was undeniably strong.

"Are you sure about this, Myung?"

"Yes, more than sure. I don’t want my father’s death to be a waste." Said Myungsoo with determination in his eyes, nothing would change his mind.

"Gyu Hyuuung!!" A dinosaurs-looking guy came running with tears in his eyes

"Yah, Dongwoo! What’re you doing here? Go back and stay with your family"

"How about your father? He will be worried to death if he knew this!"

"Soon he’ll know and I’m sure he’ll understand, Woo-ya"

"Uhm okay but can I come with you?"

"Well, you still have your brother and sisters to look after, so please stay here and wait for me, okay? Don’t worry I’m with Myung and the others." The dino guy nodded as he wiped his tears, knowing that Sunggyu will never change his mind, because  he is as stubborn as his boyfriend.

"Okay now, all of you get ready! We don’t have much time until the night falls." Commanded Myungsoo and all the boys (and several girls) quickly got their weapons ready

"Well, I hope it’s a see you later, Dongwoo-ya!" The said man nodded and waved his hand, as he turned his head, he didn’t want to see the departure of the brave-teenagers.

With determination in their eyes, they went to the other sides by using the secret doors, they walked through several alleys and finally arrived at the last door. With pounding hearts they opened the door and faced the deaths that were waiting for them.

 WB 


a/n : yeah and finally the prologue finished! next chapters will be the main story~ \^o^/

I'm so sorry my grammar ;A; I guess I messed the used of the tenses, I hope you understand it, well I'll be more than happy if you could give me some correction. Please feel free to share your opinion~

Omg some of you has already subscribed my story! *sobs*