Sound Of The Violin

The Sound of Violin


When he heard the sound of the violin, Eunhyuk broke down and cried. He remembered his past violinist boyfriend, Henry. When they became a couple, Eunhyuk already knew that they wouldn’t last. Henry was a young genius violinist. He would have to go to school abroad soon to study under old geniuses violists and improve his skill. When they broke up, Eunhyuk decided to be strong and not to cry. He had expected it to happen after all so he should be able to feel less hurt but it still hurts a lot and no matter how much it hurts, he never allowed his tears to fall. Not until today.

Kibum stopped playing the violin because he heard someone sobbing. He placed his violin carefully back on its case before walking out of the empty classroom. Outside the classroom, he saw a person leaning on the wall and crying. “Are you okay? He approached the person.

More tears started to fall. Eunhyuk had stopped himself from crying in the past but now, he couldn’t do anything to stop the tears as his emotions had decided to show its true self. He couldn’t reply to the violinist, who asked him if he was okay because it was hard to talk and cry at the same time. He couldn’t breath properly either from all the crying he was doing. He felt comforted when a warm hand rubbed on his back and another hand wiped the tears on his cheeks.

They had introduced themselves when Eunhyuk finally finished crying. Eunhyuk kept on apologizing for disturbing the violinist’s practice. Kibum found it cute how Eunhyuk was embarrassed for crying too much in front of him. To stop Eunhyuk from apologizing, he told Eunhyuk to treat him to dinner which Eunhyuk gladly did so. That was the start of their friendship.

They became close friends but Eunhyuk never heard Kibum playing the violin again. He never watched Kibum’s practice or recitals or whenever he is performing. He doesn’t like to be reminded of the fact that Kibum was a violinist and a very talented violinist, almost as talented as Henry. Because they were close, Eunhyuk learned that Kibum came from a family of musicians. Unlike Henry who just started playing the violin and instantly mastered it in just 4 years, Kibum had been playing it since he was 6 years old. Eunhyuk knew that Kibum would probably be like Henry. Someone who would go abroad to broaden his skills.

“Eunhyuk, will you go out with me?”

“I think it’s better if we remain friends.”

Kibum accepted Eunhyuk’s answer. He didn’t ask for a reason. The next few days, Kibum was still all smiles and acted as if nothing was wrong but Eunhyuk knew that he had hurt Kibum so he decided to finally tell Kibum about Henry, how Kibum’s skills were almost the same as Henry and he didn’t like to be reminded of that and of the possible future of which Kibum would be leaving the country and studying abroad.

“You missed a lot of my recitals and performances. To make it up to me, please watch and listen to me play right now.” Kibum picked up his violin.

“I’m afraid I might cry again.” Eunhyuk admitted.

“You won’t.” Kibum played a complicated yet happy tune. Eunhyuk simply stared and listened in amazement. He totally forgot about Henry as he watched Kibum in front of him. He was able to appreciate listening to the violin again. Since then, Eunhyuk never failed to watch Kibum’s performances.

Then the thing that Eunhyuk dreaded to happen finally came. Kibum had told him that he would be studying abroad. Eunhyuk thought that it was a good thing that he decided not to become a couple with Kibum back then but still, that didn’t stop him from having feelings for Kibum. He knew that he would be very hurt when Kibum would leave the country just like how Henry did.


It felt like de ja vu when Eunhyuk helped Kibum pack his things, when they decided to have the last meal together, when he took Kibum to the airport. The only difference was that Henry broke up with him before they stepped inside the airport. That memory made Eunhyuk hesitate to enter the airport. Kibum had sensed Eunhyuk’s hesitancy and instantly knew that Henry must have came in his mind. He held Eunhyuk’s hand as they entered the airport together.

“Aren’t you going to cry?”

“No.”

“I wanted you to cry though.”

“Stop teasing me. I already feel bad enough that you’re leaving.”

“Cry for me.”

Kibum held Eunhyuk’s cheek. Eunhyuk was forced to look straight at Kibum. He instantly knew that Kibum was serious. Then he couldn’t hold back his emotions as tears started to escape from his eyes.

“You’re an idiot for making me cry.” Eunhyuk buried his face on Kibum’s chest so he wouldn’t be seen crying by other people.

“I wanted you to cry right now because if you cry later, you might cry and meet someone else.”

“What are you saying?”

“I still love you, Eunhyuk and I’ll continue to do so even after I leave this country.”

It was announced that it was time for the passengers to go onboard. Kibum wanted to say a few more words before he had to leave. “Violin may be my first love but you are my most loved one. If you ask me to stay, then I won’t go.”

“I won’t stop you from leaving. That would be selfish of me and my conscience wouldn’t stop nagging at me. You have this opportunity to be improve your skills, to be famous and have a better future. I won’t stop you from obtaining all that.”

“All of those are nothing without you.”

“Are you going to be a violinist or a drama actor?”

“Now, you’re the one who’s teasing. I’m serious here, Eunhyuk.”

“I love you too, Kibum.”

“What?!?!” Kibum wasn’t sure if he heard it right. He knew that Eunhyuk had feelings for him but Eunhyuk never admitted. He understood that it was hard for Eunhyuk because of the experience with Henry so he respected Eunhyuk’s decision that they should remain friends. But now that he’s finally hearing those words, he doesn’t know what to say anymore.

It was announced again that it was time for the passengers to board.

“You should go now.”

“After hearing you say that, I don’t want to leave anymore.”

“Don’t be like that. It’s for your own good to study abroad. All I ask of you is to never stop loving me.”

Whenever the sound of violin reached Eunhyuk’s ears, he would always be reminded of Kibum. How much he missed him. How much he loved him. How he many days before they could see each other again. All the waiting and the distance between the two of them had been worth it when Kibum finally came back and proposed to him. The sound of violin for their wedding song that Kibum had composed sounded the most beautiful to Eunhyuk.

THE END

A/N:  I wrote this during my plotless state... does that mean I wasn't really plotless to begin with? LolZ!!! Comments please?