chapter 1

Reflection Of Another

 

 

It was an early mid autumn day when Su Jung walked past a group of young boys snooping around the newly opened candy store. Young and youthful, waiting for a chance to steal one of those huge gum balls. Daring she thought but they ARE boys..typical.

 

It’s been like this almost every day, she would pass by them, sparing them glances and giggling at their attempts on different things. So it’s obvious she’d know which is which by now when one of them decides to courageously stand up in front of her and shyly blurts out an

‘’ I LIKE YOU NOONA’’

Surprised by the little confession she couldn’t help but laugh.

 ‘’you’re clearly joking right?’’ looking down on the shorter one with a confused look.

The younger boy didn’t seem to have processed the response properly as he starts blurting out again, like he had taken hours to memorize the entire confession and couldn’t seem to stop himself until he says everything he memorized.

 

‘’I REALLY LIKE YOU NOONA, I WATCH YOU GO HOME EVERYDAY!..the first time i saw you i thought you were really pretty but then after a while i start thinking about you a lot and now i can’t stop. Please don’t disregard my feelings just because I’m younger. I really do like noona, will..you agree to let me like you?’’

Nervously, the little boy glanced up to meet her gaze but tore it as soon as he sees it.

 

As ridiculous as it sounds, she thought the confession from the minor wasn’t half bad. However, she wouldn’t simply allow him to continue this facade. It might be a joke the boys bet him to pull..or the other fact that the boy happens to be two years younger than her and this feeling would have never last any longer than a few weeks anyway.

Su jung bit her lip as she thinks of a way to break it to him. She tightly holds on to her back pack strap with her clammy hands and sighs.

‘’sure’’


~

Unexpectedly, Su jung had agreed to let him like her..well, what harm could it bring anyway. The thought of that constantly circles her mind until she falls asleep that night, leaving the thought of him.

 

~

 

‘’NOONA!!’’ he waves from across the street.

Her gaze immediately pulls away from her friend and darts to the well recognized voice that shot through her ear drums. Surprised, she raises her brows and ran towards him after bidding her goodbyes to her friends.

 

‘’Yixing! What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in school?’’

The boy smiled sheepishly, having a little shade of pink appear on his cheeks.

‘’i did, i ran here to pick you up from school after we were dismissed.’’

‘’why?’’ baffled, she questioned. She would have never guessed the measly answer she gave yesterday would have meant so much to him.

‘’umm..because..i want to take noona out for a date, can i?’’

She chuckled sarcastically but nod in agreement to his offer

‘’sure you little cutie’’ she reaches over and pats his head.

He must’ve felt slightly offended because as soon as she retracts her arm back, a frown had appeared. As a signal to let her know to never touch his hair? Or remembering back to his confession *don’t disregard my feelings just because I’m younger*

‘’let’s go noona’’ he takes charge and stomps off, leaving the older girl giggling to herself.

‘’coming!’’

 

*this could be really fun* she thought, it wouldn’t hurt to go around with a little boy by her side and look at things in a different perspective sometimes. She thought she could play along and this had seem to amuse her, as long as she doesn’t take it too far and take him for granted, this would go well.

 


well i tried, sorry if this was short. Still hope whoever is reading enjoyed it :)