3:48 AM

3:48 AM

 

   Looking out at the lively city of Seoul from his unit on the 30th floor of his apartment building. He closed his eyes and keeps on praying to all the Gods he never believed in to take the pain away. To take the misery and smile again. He took a look at his wall clock 3:48 am it says and a bitter smile made its way to his delicate features.

 

---

 

   Rainy season is always nice. The temperature is not hot and not too cold either. Just the right one, plus it relaxed Baekhyun. There's just something about water that always calms him.

 

"A penny for your beautiful thought, my love?" He smiles upon hearing that deep voice and with those words comes a hug.

 

"You're early. Didn't you say you have a meeting today?" He answers, still stirring the soup he is preparing.

 

" The rain is pretty bad. I don't want my employees getting stranded" He turns Baekhyun to face him. "Why, don't you want to see me?" He pouts at the smaller.

 

"Why wouldn't I wanna see you, Chanyeol?"  Baekhyun kisses the pout and it was automatically turned into a smile.

 

   Chanyeol hugs him like his life actually depends on it. He do not want to let go. Not now. Not ever. It would be the death of both of them if he ever. He knows it.

 

---

 

   His cellphone played a familiar caller tone. A very familiar one he felt another sting of pain in his system. But like all those times he ignored it. No. Not again he will do something stupid. He will never again fall in to the depths of Tartarus.

 

---

 

   The news had hit him hard. Early Sunday morning and Baekhyun dropped the news paper. Chanyeol's wife is confirmed pregnant. Baekhyun knew, of course he knows everything but he told Chanyeol he don't mind, as long as he can still have time with the latter. There wasn't really a family to ruin in the first place. It was an arranged marriage. None of them really mind, no. But now that they're expecting a child, Baekhyun feels like that there's a million needle going through his veins at the moment.

 

---

 

   The rain starts to drop and everything just fell apart. He let his tears go. For the last time he will let himself cry because after this everything will be alright. After this there will be no pain.

 

---

 

"Baek listen to me!" Chanyeol begged but no. Baekhyun already made his decision.

 

"No Chanyeol. We need to stop this. In less than nine months an innocent life will be depending on you." For the nth time that day he tried to explain and continue packing his things.

 

"Baek I need you" Chanyeol finally broke down. He let his tears flow and held Baekhyun in his arms, never wanting to let go.

 

   Baekhyun cares Chanyeol's face and smiled at him but it didn't reached his eyes. "You're being cruel, Channie" He lightly pushed his lips on the other. "Just let me go. Please" Baekhyun plead for the last time.

 

   And he did. Chanyeol knows that even if he let Baekhyun go the smaller will always hold a piece of his heart. No. He knows Byun Baekhyu the only love of his life will forever hold his whole heart and never will he be able to love anyone like he loved a certain Byun Baekhyun.

 

   Chanyeol placed the letter he made for Baekhyun on the latter's hand bag. The letter that contains his promise. A promise that he told himself will be keep for as long as their hearts are tied.

 

---

 

   Everything is fading slowly and his breathing is slowing down. He submerged himself on the water filled tub and his vision had out and the beating of the heart that was owned by a certain giant named Park Chanyeol had finally stop beating.

 

The next day. . .

 

   Slowly Chanyeol opens the door and darkness filled his vision, the only light that fills the place is the light emitting from one of the room. He starts walking and found the bathroom. A blind hides the tub and moving it aside just killed every little hope he had left inside.

 

"One way or another, love" He cares the face of his smaller lover submerged in the water.

 

3:48 am and a gunshot is heard.

 

------------

 Hollu! So I've been reading some angst lately. . . so yeah. Oh! I recommend you read this with Taylor Swift's I Almost Do while reading this (:

 

Also. Not sure if I should post the prologue of the story or the letter Chanyeol made. What do you think?? :)

 

So. . . hope you enjoyed reading! Comments <3